Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 17:04   #316
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

I was able to get a test drive of the Neodrive AWD today at Nexa Yelahanka. I went in looking for a test drive on a Neodrive AT, but settled for the AWD since AT was not available. The car is narrow, and seats quite narrow too. I am 5' 11" tall and 74 kgs in weight, not broad of build by any stretch of imagination. The seat base has raised edges on both sides, and in the top variants with leather covered seats, these ridges were really stiff and uncomfortable for me. The lower variants, with fabric covered seats feel a bit more comfortable.

Also, the showroom has a Nexa blue Neodrive AT ready for delivery if anyone is interested in a quick purchase.
Old 13th October 2022, 17:41   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I have already posted the updates in this thread. This NEXA dealership created trouble from the very first day.

Maruti Suzuki secured 65k+ bookings for this car. And the demand seems to be pretty high for this car. I am surprised to see people buying the new Grand Vitara without having a test drive. Anyway, it is my hard earned money and I can't buy 18 Lakhs + OTR car without having a test drive. I had total 4 nos. of brief test drives (3-4 kms, one was about 7 km) of Scorpio N. The Z4 expected delivery date is between November and January. I loved the drives in Scorpio N than the XL6 & Brezza on highway and city roads.

I pre-booked the new Grand Vitara on 22nd July. Maruti Suzuki NEXA guys are adamant that no TD is possible.
Booked the Scorpio N on 30th July. Did 4 TD by 1st week of August. Even after the huge booking numbers and long waiting period, the Mahindra and Mahindra sales people call us for TD every week.
Even I was also thinking of test driving Scorpio N and Z4 seems to be good option against Grand Vitara. Only thing that is in my mind is fuel efficiency due to powerful engine
By the way our car will never be driven more than 8k a year. But still 200bhp engine will not return decent fuel efficiency plus i fear maintenance will be much higher than grand vitara.
AnujKapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 17:58   #318
BANNED

Quality is something that is missing from this Maruti! Strangely Brezza seems more sorted out than the GV. Engine is a big let down and will struggle to gain grounds after the initial hype settles.

The product which is already priced at a premium will continue to be expensive after several price revisions. Quite Un-like a Maruti!
Old 13th October 2022, 18:21   #319
BHPian

Took delivery of my Grand vitara Zeta AT variant today- Blue color
Made the booking on the first day of opening of booking. Had not.test.driven the car earlier. But after around 15 KM of initial driving, I can say that I made a right decision.

However accessories have not reached the dealer. Will add them later.

Will post some pictures later.
DImPo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 09:55   #320
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnujKapur View Post

Being a sedan owner what do you feel how would be sedan vs these SUVs for old age parents.
I have been through this harkiri recently and settled on the City after driving almost everything from Kiger to C5.

These were my mothers (height 5'2") words

"SUV is ok for seating and all, but I have to drop out of the car as my foot does not reach the ground naturally."

She was extremely uncomfortable getting out of the Scorpio, XUV, etc. Creta and likes were marginally higher. From sedans, she was always sure-footed and confident to get out of the car.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:14   #321
BHPian

I visited the Nexa showroom in Moti Nagar, New Delhi. The display car was a Zeta AT. The price list was shared and the SA explained the features. They were courteous and offered coffee. The SA did enquire twice about my intention of booking the GV. The AT versions OTR price as per the price list shared by him was in the range of INR 15.9L - INR 18.9L. I told him that the price is much higher than I expected. The waiting period quoted for the mid and top trims of the AT variants was 6-8 weeks. The base manual variant has a waiting of up to 12 weeks.

I came back unimpressed with the car. The space on offer seems less for it's wheelbase. The quality of material used is also not at par with the competition. By the way, the nearby Toyota showroom mentioned that there is a waiting period of 8-9 months for the Hyryder (irrespective of the vairant).

I will not be surprised if neither of these products fails to take off and sustain good numbers after the initial hype is over.

I hope to see year end and financial closing (March 2023) discounts pouring in.

Last edited by kushagra452 : 14th October 2022 at 10:16.
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 20:43   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
Took delivery of my Grand vitara Zeta AT variant today- Blue color
Made the booking on the first day of opening of booking. Had not.test.driven the car earlier. But after around 15 KM of initial driving, I can say that I made a right decision.

However accessories have not reached the dealer. Will add them later.

Will post some pictures later.
Congratulations and wish you many many happy miles.
Old 15th October 2022, 16:09   #323
BHPian

Today visited the NEXA dealership (competent sohna road Gurgaon) for submitting the booking slip and a cancelled cheque since the NEXA dealership has cancelled my allotted car and the booking itself. The TAT for the refund is 10-15 days!

Initially I refused to write any feedback for cancellation reason and the sign-off. Later, I mentioned the following for the reason:

1. Test drive was denied by the dealership. Today we saw a blue Grand Vitara MT for test drive. But the dealership didn't offer me any TD even today. I didn't bother to ask for a TD either.

2. The dealership themselves cancelled the booking. As a customer I didn't initiate or propose the cancellation.

3. As an effort for reconciliation, I had escalated the sequence of events to one Mr. Piyush Sharma, M/s MSIL. There was no revert from him either.

There was a grey colour Zeta manual (no sunroof) in display area. The headroom available in rear passenger seats was not bad. I am attaching three photographs showing the headroom available in comfortable and upright sitting postures. I am exactly 6 feet.

Hope this helps to understand the headroom in non-sunroof model.

Today I had a strange (unbiased) feeling for this car. The ground clearance is pretty good. Also, the rear bumper has a good angle. Need to find a test drive from other NEXA or Toyota before I decide anything. Anyway this current booking stand cancelled.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20221015_135358254.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20221015_135344341_hdr.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20221015_135338660_hdr.jpg  

RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 17:22   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Today visited the NEXA dealership (competent sohna road Gurgaon) for submitting the booking slip and a cancelled cheque since the NEXA dealership has cancelled my allotted car and the booking itself. The TAT for the refund is 10-15 days!
Please visit the Pasco Nexa. The Competent fellows were charging you more. If you're happy with the car, visit them and forget about your experience with Competent.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 20:29   #325
BHPian

Had a chance to test drive the Grand Vitara Mild Hybrid MT. Was a short 2 Km odd drive and couldn't take it on the highway as the car was pending registration. Was not expecting much after many conflicting reviews. However was surprisingly quite impressed. Following are my personal impressions -

1. When I started the car I could hardly hear any engine noise or vibration. Outside traffic and other noise was also pretty well insulated and the cabin felt refined and quite silent. NVH is well contained.

2. At the highest driving seat height position, the view was quite commanding and good. At my height (5'7"), I did not feel like my head was too close to the roof and the driving position was comfortable.

3. Gear shifts are smooth and the clutch is quite light. Shifting gears is a breeze (though not short and quick shifting experience like the Ignis). The engine overall feels very refined and sprightly at low speeds. The car dimensions are just right for city and highway use and did not feel cumbersome to manoeuver.

4. Was a short test drive on internal roads, so can't comment on the high speed power and overtaking abilities. However the engine felt very refined and effortless till 65 kmph. The drivability for city use is excellent. The braking was fine and confidence inspiring.

5. What impressed me the most was the ride and handling package. A short 200 metre patch next to the showroom is in terrible state with literal craters 2-3 feet wide and 1 feet deep. It's almost like searching for a road between potholes. But the car handled the patch with aplomb. Excellent suspension ensures no jerks are felt inside the cabin. There is hardly any vertical movement and the car feels extremely grounded and stable. Plus the 210 mm ground clearance gives a lot of confidence and never felt like the underbody would scrape. Normally I am very careful driving over this patch. But the Grand Vitara just dismissed it with disdain. Perfect for Maharashtra's ever worsening roads.

6. The ingress and egress were very convenient at the front and rear. The doors don't feel very heavy, but not even flimsy. Felt quite ok to me. The infotainment system is very responsive.

Overall The Grand Vitara seems like a very sorted package. I hope the optimistic pricing does not pull the curtains on otherwise a very capable car. A 4 or 5 star safety rating would really be an icing on the cake. Eagerly waiting for crash test results.
Djay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 21:30   #326

Hi

Any observations on the NVH in the automatic mild hybrid. How quiet is the car at rest with the engine running and on road at around 1600 rpm with the AC on and good road quality.
Old 18th October 2022, 12:18   #327
BHPian

6 months of waiting period for the new Grand Vitara?
NEXA SAs are desparate to sale the available stocks on WhatsApp!

One of my known SA in Gurgaon location posted this on his WhatsApp status today.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-screenshot_202210181203493.png  

RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 12:21   #328
BHPian

My friend booked an Alpha MT last weekend, and got the delivery yesterday. Maruti seems to have a steady stream of cars available.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 16:19   #329
Senior - BHPian

Spotted Grand Vitara today but road presence leaves much to be desired (with that XL6 like front). It may look better in white but have not spotted one yet.
Old 18th October 2022, 18:22   #330
SDx
BHPian

Spotted Grand Vitara ahead of us while coming back from Gurgaon. Tyres look too skinny and the back profile also feels off.

It was a luck day, saw Hyryder as well parked on the side of the road. Hybrid V varient in blue colour. Could not take any pictures though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It may look better in white but have not spotted one yet.
Here it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-pxl_20221018_0921067542.jpg  

Last edited by SDx : 18th October 2022 at 18:23.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks