Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2022, 11:49   #256
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
This makes sense considering the need to have display vehicles available at all the dealerships. As bhpian Audik75 pointed out, with over 1200 delarships and 2 display plus 2 test drive cars per dealership, Maruti would clearly need close to 5000 vehicles just to get the show on the road. With only a few hundred dealerships across the country, Toyota would need far fewer numbers.
AFAIK - Maruti sells Grand Vitara only through Nexa dealerships and the number of Nexa showrooms are 200+. Regarding Toyota - There is no display vehicle till date after 3+ months of Unveil, price announcement at Ravindu Toyota on Outer ring road which is just 50+ KMs away from Toyota factory where the Grand Vitara is manufactured.

Last edited by GTO : 8th October 2022 at 10:37. Reason: Multiple Rules Broken
skumar is offline   (9) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th October 2022, 12:00   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
Regarding Toyota - There is no display vehicle till date after 3+ months of Unveil, price announcement at Ravindu Toyota on Outer ring road which is just 50+ KMs away from Toyota factory
OT but Ravindu Toyota ORR has received display vehicle yesterday.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 12:55   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
AFAIK - Maruti sells Grand Vitrara only thru Nexa dealerships and the number of Nexa showrooms are 200+. Regarding Toyota - There is no display vehicle till date after 3+ months of Unveil, price announcement at Ravindu Toyota on Outer ring road which is just 50+ KMs away from Toyota factory where the GV is manufactured.
You are right - I should have been more judicious in my use of the dealer count stat for Maruti Suzuki - Nexa showrooms are only numbering around 380.

What it doesn’t take away is that the Maruti dealers are clearly more hungry (or have better processes) than the Toyota ones. It’s a point of frustration that I have felt as well (in Chennai) that Toyota dealers aren’t giving this product their best attention. I am half afraid this is going to the Toyota experience on this car (maybe others can opine on the Glanza experience given that is based on the Maruti platform as well)The dealers seem to be focusing on Innova (petrol) and the Fortuner primarily.
Audik75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 19:40   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand Vitara garners 60,000 bookings.

- Deliveries to customer began on 26th sept.
- Delivers ~ 4800 units in Sept. sales
- 800 units of the deliveries are of Strong Hybrid (18% of volumes)
- 40% of its bookings are for Strong Hybrid
- Brezza becomes the segment topper for Sept. selling 15,445 units
- Maret share increases to 41.7%

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th October 2022 at 19:41.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 21:02   #260
Senior - BHPian

Nexa Baner is yet to even get a strong hybrid test vehicle and other cities are getting deliveries?
Old 5th October 2022, 11:26   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Nexa Baner is yet to even get a strong hybrid test vehicle and other cities are getting deliveries?
Visited 3 Nexa showrooms in Baner area and none of them had any strong hybrids on display. They have mild hybrids but not available for test drives yet. However customer deliveries for mild hybrids have started and Nexa My Car Wakad have a few mild hybrid vehicles in stock with immediate availability due to few cancellations. For sure I know that they have a blue and white alpha variant available and a grey Sigma variant and few others. In case anyone is interested in immediate delivery they can visit My Car Wakad, Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-812ff29786ae4605a1d0088a29f293de.jpeg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-09cdad43e55848ca9bd56176c7016866.jpeg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-e8611ef2f1c54148bb824eb98cbc6b49.jpeg  

Last edited by Djay : 5th October 2022 at 11:28. Reason: Added additional information
Djay is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 11:43   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The new Grand Vitara as seen by a long term owner of the older Grand Vitara

View from the underside - note the small differential and the rear driveshafts
Attachment 2364184
The general direction rear suspension layout took since the last 2 decades was to replace independent rear with simple cheap torsion beam layout in hatches and sedans, but I expected the AWD version to have an independent rear like the Duster AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom
My three cents

1. In the Smart Hybrid range, the AllGrip is the one to go for to live the Grand Vitara lineage
2. For regulars, the Sigma variant comes across as excellent value for money with a lot on offer
3. For a current Grand Vitara owner like me, I'm happy to be with the old flame!
Similarities start and end with the chrome letters on the boot, sad but true.

The previous Grand Vitara and its predecessor was designed when Suzuki was at its peak and from then on has been on an inverse kizashi*. Features and looks sell what is under and invisible does not. Old GV/Kizashi (the car) is the last of its kind from Suzuki and the best Suzuki did as on date**.

* Kizashi word meaning - something great is coming!
** Current Jimny too!! Forgot about the little wonder.

Last edited by Sankar : 5th October 2022 at 11:52.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 12:43   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Grand Vitara Mild Hybrid and Strong Hybrid Fuel Efficiency - Claimed vs Tested

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-smartselect_20221005124235_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 14:00   #264

I just cancelled my pre-booking of Grand Vitara and I see a cancellation charge of Rs. 500/- in the acknowledgement. Is the cancellation charge applicable for pre-bookings? Has anyone faced a similar issue at the time of cancellation? I have dropped a mail to customer care for clarification.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th October 2022 at 08:41. Reason: GV = Grand Vitara, no acronyms please.
Old 5th October 2022, 19:23   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinup P Pillai View Post
I just cancelled my pre-booking of GV and I see a cancellation charge of Rs. 500/- in the acknowledgement. Is the cancellation charge applicable for pre-bookings? Has anyone faced a similar issue at the time of cancellation? I have dropped a mail to customer care for clarification.
I recently canceled my Brezza booking and can confirm that there is a cancellation charge of Rs 500 that was levied.
Old 5th October 2022, 20:15   #266
BHPian

Today I have visited the Nexa Bhandup, Mumbai to experience the Grand Vitara strong hybrid. But they had only the smart hybrid version available for test drive. As per SA, they are yet to receive a strong hybrid version.

SA mentioned that the strong hybrid will have all black interiors, heads up display and slightly blackened chrome bar on front as key differentiators vs the smart hybrid version.

As per the price chart, Sigma+ OTR is approx. 21L and Alpha+ is 22.77L. What you get for approx. 1.8L is 360 cam, ventilated seats, branded audio system and TPMS. I did not find the price difference justifiable enough.

Overall test drive impressions -
1. Seating position is higher than I expected. Offers a commanding view.
2. 6 speed AT is butter smooth, I could not detect gear shifts
3. Enough power to keep up with traffic in city driving conditions. Drivability is very good. SA did not allow me to take the car to the highway, hence could not test highway performance and manners.
4. My son was surprised that people are not paying attention to this brand-new vehicle. Clearly not a head turner.
5. Car looks big from outside but cramped inside. We currently drive an i10 and we want a bigger car, not from just outside.
6. Wife gave a thumps down to this car. She did not feel that that car is offering enough space or comfort for the money it is asking.

I had high hopes on this car, but I am unimpressed now. I can't buy a 23L car just for fuel efficiency.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th October 2022 at 08:41. Reason: GV = Grand Vitara, no acronyms please.
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 20:59   #267
BHPian

Quote:
I just cancelled my pre-booking of GV and I see a cancellation charge of Rs. 500/- in the acknowledgement. Is the cancellation charge applicable for pre-bookings? Has anyone faced a similar issue at the time of cancellation? I have dropped a mail to customer care for clarification.
On pre booking if they are asking for cancellation charge then you can mail Maruti. And if comfortable file a case against in consumer court if they don't return your 500.
It's pre booking charge ment to be returned in full. They cannot charge us on pre booking similarly we cannot charge them interest on the money that they have holded on for so long.
AnujKapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 22:06   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnujKapur View Post
On pre booking if they are asking for cancellation charge then you can mail Maruti. And if comfortable file a case against in consumer court if they don't return your 500.
It's pre booking charge ment to be returned in full. They cannot charge us on pre booking similarly we cannot charge them interest on the money that they have holded on for so long.
Thanks for the post. Informative to me that this can be challenged. Is there an established precedence that can be leveraged?

I have seen Maruti (and other) dealers typically get the customer to sign a booking agreement / establish documentation confirming booking once booking officially begins. In this case, would the full refund of the pre-booking charge hold legally?
Old 6th October 2022, 11:09   #269
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked online and then cancelled also online. No charges levied, entire 11K received back.
baarish84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 12:19   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
I had booked online and then cancelled also online. No charges levied, entire 11K received back.
Thanks for the update. Did you cancel after the price reveal or earlier? At the time of cancellation, the following message was displayed...

Cancellation charges (Of Rs 500) on customer will be applicable for booking done from the date of Launch (after price reveal) of the vehicle.

This clearly says that Rs. 500/- will be charged for bookings done after the price reveal. Since mine was pre-booking, I think am eligible for a complete refund. Anyway, I will wait for the response from Maruti Customer Care.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks