Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2023, 13:12   #1291
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
- As soon as I sat in the driver sear I found my head touching the roof. Got the seat height down and it was better. Overall frontal visibility was fine when seat height was up but not when it was reduced. Cabin didn't feel as airy as the Wagon R and overall visibility was also not as good.
THIS, is a major problem with almost all the latest cars in the market today. I am surprised , how even the compact SUV"s and even some of the proper SUV's 'feel' so much lacking in space in the front.

Take for instance the Hyryder, Seltos , Sonet and to an extend even the XUV700. These just don't feel 'spacious' in the driver's seat and feel a little claustrophobic. To make matter worse, now the Facelift's and next-gen's are coming with all black interiors, including the roof-liner.

Just for reference, my 2nd-gen Swift felt more spacious and airier in the front than the Sonet. The dashboard on the Sonet was so in-your-face like. Heck, even the humble Ignis has a better utilization of space.

The latest cars even have a poor A-pillar designs. I find it so difficult to get in and out of the XUV700 due to the way the A-pillar is angled. Okay, I am 6 foot tall, but I have seen even people shorter than me having similar complaint.
Old 5th December 2023, 19:41   #1292

I would appreciate it if someone would share if the rear seat of the Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid is slightly more reclined than that of the Toyota Hyryder? Or is it the same?

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2023 at 12:37. Reason: Grammar
dharappushkar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th December 2023, 10:51   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
I drive a Grand Vitara AWD and I face a similar rattling from the rear seat area. However, in my case I have located the source of the rattling to a little, maybe 1-2mm, play in the latches of the seat backs. It doesn't rattle with an occupant in the rear seat and also stays quiet after the occupant exits his seat, sometimes returning if I drop the seat-back for any reason and then click it back in place. I would have solved the issue by inserting some kind of padding somewhere if I could but can't find any spot where I can do this.
What you can do is put a 4/5 layers of insulation tape on the latch receptor. This should solve your issue.

I have a niggling sound from the dashboard which comes and goes. Toyota service not able to locate as the noise was absent when car was in showroom. Difficult situation indeed.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 18:49   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
What you can do is put a 4/5 layers of insulation tape on the latch receptor. This should solve your issue.

I have a niggling sound from the dashboard which comes and goes. Toyota service not able to locate as the noise was absent when car was in showroom. Difficult situation indeed.
I am having noise from near the gear leaver and from the driver door. I have made videos of this because the SC guys will surely behave deaf when the issue is raised to them.
Old 13th December 2023, 20:10   #1295

Hello,
It will be amazing if one of us could help me get better understanding about the vehicle.

The Reclining Angle of rear seat:

I would really like to know, even if by 1 degree, there is a difference in the reclining position of the rear seats of Toyota Hyryder and Grand Vitara. The reason being, I am 6 feet tall and if I sit behind, I might just touch the roof. Thanks to the panoramic sunroof!

The NVH insulation:
The insulation, in my humble opinion, is very important for the 3-cylinder car especially when one is looking for a little performance for overtake.
Is that a standard factory fit now or offered by authorised service Centers or dealers?

Thanking you in anticipation for a reply.

Best,
Puushkar
Old 14th December 2023, 13:58   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharappushkar View Post
Hello,
The Reclining Angle of rear seat: I would really like to know, even if by 1 degree, there is a difference in the reclining position of the rear seats of Toyota Hyryder and Grand Vitara.
The back seat does recline by few degrees however in my opinion it doesn't make significant contribution. You see when they were designing this car they made sure nothing is missed while copying the features I keep it reclined at all times. The best solution for you is to sit in the back seat and see for yourself.

On Noise insulation I don't have a clue but definitely the NVH levels are high in this vesicle due to two primary reasons.
1. The strong hybrid is super silent when running on EV and make you hear every little sound around you.
2. This car (strong hybrid) is essentially a Maruti-Suzuki built car barring the engine and transmission (sourced from Toyota). So over all built quality (in terms of plastics, window glass, switches etc.) is not comparable to its peer in the same range.

I tend to listen to music hence it does not bother me.

Last edited by OpenRoads : 14th December 2023 at 14:04.
Old 14th December 2023, 14:50   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
2. This car (strong hybrid) is essentially a Maruti-Suzuki built car barring the engine and transmission (sourced from Toyota). So over all built quality (in terms of plastics, window glass, switches etc.) is not comparable to its peer in the same range.
I agree 100% on this. Having used a Yaris, the build quality is pretty flimsy compared to a Toyota. All sorts of creaks, squeaks have started. Even though the Full HYbrid is built in Toyota plant, all vendors are from MS stable.

Toyota's are over engineered solidly built cars which makes them more expensive. Hence the tie up in India with Suzuki.

Back rest doesn't incline as much. More comfortable in Creta/Seltos. Don't know about Elevate.

NVH is high when the battery is charging or when you rev the 3 pot motor.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 22:51   #1298

I learnt about the word hypermiling recently and the Hyryder is a champ at it. Loving the gamification of checking out each day if I beat yesterday's score

These are my daily drive mileages. I drive abt 22km one way and then back, in Mumbai city traffic from Bandra to Nariman Point.

It's been a month and the move from my 6 yr old Jeep Compass to the Hyryder has been a really smooth, fun one!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20231218_213350.jpg  

psychogogo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 17:38   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogogo View Post
These are my daily drive mileages. I drive abt 22km one way and then back, in Mumbai city traffic from Bandra to Nariman Point.
You are definitely setting new record. What speed are you maintaining?
Old 20th December 2023, 18:34   #1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
You are definitely setting new record. What speed are you maintaining?
I oscillate between 40-70kmph, pump and glide as much as I can. And hope for a few signals and minor traffic so braking is possible - esp on minor inclines. Helps in regen. Oh and a big factor - I cheat with the AC. It goes on for a few minutes and off for another few. This has made a significant jump in the mileage for me.
psychogogo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 22:09   #1301
BHPian

Hi members,

I had booked a Hyryder Neo Drive G AT in June and the dealer told me the model will be available next week ( 6 months now).
Should I push for some discounts given year-end ?
Also what would be some recommendations on accessories for the new car.
Old 21st December 2023, 10:04   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead007 View Post
Should I push for some discounts given year-end ?
Also what would be some recommendations on accessories for the new car.
You should always push for discounts irrespective of the time of the year

In terms of accessories I find 3D mats very practical. It is completely dependent to an individual's taste.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 14:10   #1303
BHPian

12month/10,000km service update. G Hybrid.

Just got done with the 3rd service last week and thanks for the smile package bought initially for Rs2.7k, it was light on pocket with all the required changes and checks as needed to be done in 3rd service.
I had few rattling issues inside and had taken videos of the same as proof because lot of times the same issues dont appear during test drives with the service advisers but luckily both the rattling noise came up during the test drive.

1. Rattling from the gear lever panel. The SA said he was aware of this issue as it was reported in multiple Hyryders they had got and informed they have got the NVH kit from TKM which would solve the problem and no rattling now from the gear level area.

2. Rattling from the driver door. This rattling started in last few weeks, more during higher speeds. The noise appeared during the test drive at the backroad on bit of high speed and this is something they agreed to have heard for the first time. Later in the evening the SA informed that everything was done except the rattling from the driver door and still checking on it. Eventually he informed that the door winder is the culprit and they have already asked for a new part to be changed under warranty.
Two days later the part came and was changed in 1 hour, costing around 600rs as per SA but free for me under warranty.
This would be the 2nd part to be changed under warranty in 1 year, earlier rear right seat headrest was changed in 1st week.

Also got the infotainment updated to the latest version, no visual changes but got it done as it was available.

Finally no rattling noise on the inside and overall happy with the service and the car, no issue with the mileage as I am able to get around 24kmpl-26kmpl in mostly city drive and some highway drives around Mumbai combined in normal mode. I feel the Eco mode is too dull and reduces the AC performance significantly.
aks812 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 12:42   #1304
BHPian

Anyone got allocation of Grey S Hybrid in the past 4 months? I booked on December second week of 2022 and still in the wait line for allotment (I am based at Kochi). Dealership says there are no Grey S Hybrid allocations for last few months. During Dec 2023, I saw a brand new unregistered Grey S Hybrid parked in our office parking lot but unfortunately couldn't get a chance to find the owner to have a chat.

I was promised 6 months max during booking but its now past a year, and I can see metro cities have quicker allocation/lower wait times. I don't understand Toyota's allocation logic. I can still see Grey color in their online brochure (not discontinued) and the wait times for Hybrid is quoted as 4-5 months at their website.

Wondering if its prudent to drop this and move on to something else with many newer launches/facelifts getting launched this quarter.
Old 11th January 2024, 14:26   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post

Wondering if its prudent to drop this and move on to something else with many newer launches/facelifts getting launched this quarter.
I had also booked the Hyryder in Gray and waited exactly three months before cancelling and booking a GV which is identical in terms of mechanics, interior and most exterior. My booking was with Amana Toyota. I got the GV delivered in a week's time from Popular.
Gedaliah is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed