Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 11:59   #1261
BHPian

Re: 2023 Toyota Hyryder S Hybrid: Initial Ownership Review edit (20,000km)

What's the brand of the window screen that you're using? I got something from Amazon and is not sitting quite right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurianMathoor View Post
2023 Toyota Hyryder S Hybrid: 20,000km update

Hello everyone, this is my second update of this vehicle after using over 8 months.

Current ODO reading: 19600 km
Average Mileage: 24kmpl
Issues: Slight rattling noises from window side which you can expect from a car with such flimsy door panels. Otherwise , it has been a very good experience.

Service History: -
1. 13/01/2023- 997 km (Free Service)
2. 21/02/2023- 5056 km (Free Service)
3. 20/04/2023- 9737 km (Rs. 3,136)
4. 19/09/2023- 19300 km (Rs. 5,233)

PS: - Please don’t forget to collect your Hybrid Battery Health Report after every service. It may be helpful in the future.
natrajdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 15:07   #1262

Re: 2023 Toyota Hyryder S Hybrid: Initial Ownership Review edit (20,000km)

Hello,

These sun blinds are actually suited for Grand Vitara. But the fitment has been perfect except in areas like Rear Quarter Glass which tend to loosen on a regular basis. I bought this from the Car accessory shop. The front windshield consists of 3M tint.
KurianMathoor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 11:15   #1263
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Er_Who View Post
Has anyone got their PUC certificate for the car?
Wondering if anyone else faced a similar issue.
I recently got it done in my city and the model name was reflecting correctly in their database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. My car is nearing 1 year and will have to get the PUC done as well. How does one get PUC for a hybrid car, since it starts only in electric mode. Even when you press the accelerator in N mode, the car doesn't start. I tried looking at the manual but there are no instructions.
This is going to be a fun explanation

Toyota has posted a video 8 month ago on how to put your hybrid car in maintenance mode during PUC. Its a sequence which would put tomb rider and national treasure script writers to shame.

However in my case this was not enough. The PUCs I visited were not able to capture 2500rpm using their sensor which is needed as per their explanation.

On the other hand the On-board diagnostics (OBD) connected with data link connector (DLC) was showing 2500 rpm on the laptop screen at Toyota service center.

Bottomline was there is a considerable difference between the data read through DLC and external sensors used at the PUCs for rpm measuring. And this prohibited me from getting a PUC certificate.

I ended up finding a PUC center which didn't even bother to pop the hood and got me the certificate. According to this PUC the rpm measurement is only for Diesel cars. I am interested to know if this is even correct.

In case your car is revving more than 2500 rpm in maintenance mode let me know. In the mean time I am sure Hyryder/GV customers might need to visit the center more than once to get this resolved.

Hope this piece of info helps you in advance. Good luck!
OpenRoads is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 20:51   #1264
BHPian

Friends,

I am looking to put in a booking for the Hyryder Hybrid in the V Variant. I live in Noida and am used to driving with the AC on all the time.

I have a daily routine where I need to do school duties and sometimes, I am required to sit in the vehicle, with it running and the AC on for upto 1 hour at a stretch. My current vehicle, the 2023 Seltos 1.5 DCT Turbo, gives me a mileage between 6 and 7 under this routine. I find it ridiculous and feel the pinch.

I am solely looking at the Hyryder due to its claimed fuel efficiency in the city (my society residents claim 20 kmpl with heavy foot and upto 25 with light footed driving). I don't care about the break even factor or anything of that sort.

Can someone please confirm how much mileage can I expect from the Hyryder if I follow the above regime with the vehicle?

The waiting times are a joke but I will look at that factor later.
Old 19th November 2023, 22:44   #1265
BHPian

@SumitB- Get the hybrid variant without giving a second thought. Even with your usage, car will give a minimum of 18kmpl. Mine gives 19+ kmpl easily in Delhi traffic with a lot of idle running.
Mileage will get better only when you drive on open roads or without AC.

Last edited by shikh_oberoi : 19th November 2023 at 22:45.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 22:52   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Can someone please confirm how much mileage can I expect from the Hyryder if I follow the above regime with the vehicle?
You can check these 3 posts posted by fellow BHPians for it.

1 (Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review)
2 (Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review)
3 (Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review)
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 00:49   #1267
Senior - BHPian

1 year, 12,000km update
Most of my observations are similar my previous posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
It has been exactly a month since we've brought home our Toyota Hyryder, and incidentally, today was the first time the car has been tanked up since the last full tank was on the day of delivery on 30th November, 2022.

Variant: Hybrid G
Quote:
The Hyryder proved its mettle on a recent Mumbai-Nashik-Mumbai drive, with 4 passengers on board. Some key observations:
So this time, I'll just get to the numbers instead.

Tank full to tank full fuel efficiency:
Best: 26.5kpl (80% highway + 20% city)
Worst: 18.5kpl (100% city)
Average: 21.1kpl

Observations:
Even though my car is driven in Eco mode at all times, ambient temperatures and climate control setting have a huge impact on fuel efficiency. As explained by someone from the product team, the e-compressor exerts tremendous load on the Li-Ion battery, which in turn relies on the engine (generator) to recharge it, thus impacting fuel consumption.

When climate control is set to 22 deg C or below, fuel efficiency drops below 20kpl (with ambient temperatures above 30 deg C). 23 deg C and higher is a relatively economical setting, however to cool down a sun-baked cabin does load up the e-compressor initially. So, short drives will be very inefficient with figures falling to single digits occasionally; only once the car is cool, does the FE improve and from thereon the numbers rise above the 20kpl mark.

Expenses:
Rs 3,200 - prepaid maintenance package (Smiles Package), opted for at the time of purchase, which covered all service+labour costs up to the 10,000km service.

Rs 2,200 - got wheel alignment and balancing done at the service centre itself.

Rs 22,400 - Zero Dep insurance renewal (didn't have No Claim Bonus)

Faults:
Occasional creaking sound around the gear lever area.

Wireless charging pad suspends charging if the phone moves even half a centimeter.

Making/receiving calls via Wireless Android Auto is a hit or a miss. Sometimes after the first 5 seconds neither party can hear anything. This isn't a network related issue!

Verdict:
These minor niggles aside, the car is fantastic. I like how it looks. The interiors feel reasonably upmarket and space for four is decent. Its hybrid powertrain is its biggest strength not only for its fuel efficiency but also for its super responsiveness, which makes overtaking trailers and trucks a breeze. I also like how the suspension feels - tough over bad roads and confident on the highway. Moreover, this is a fill it, shut it and forget it type of car which does what's expected of it rather well. Would I recommend it - I most certainly will!

Last edited by S2!!! : 20th November 2023 at 00:59.
S2!!! is online now   (43) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 16:05   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Hi. I have recently completed 20,000 Kms well within a year on my UC Hyryder. The average mileage is 23 kmpl with 50:50 city and highway driving.

I agree that the difference between Eco/Normal mode is mainly due to the AC and I have seen varying figures as well. Try to keep car in Eco mode at all times, except highway drives with full load.

I recently completed a 1200 kms road trip which was a good mix of highway, ghats, city drives. With four people and a full boot load car managed to return 22 kpl, effectively costing me Rs.4.80/km which I think is really good.

The highway drives were OK but car screams in the ghats especially in the kokan region where the gradient is high with many hair pin bends.

Issues faced
Creaking sound near gear area - culprit - the two side covers which rise up to the dash
Squeaking from dash board which no one is able to diagnose
Rattling of passenger seat at a particular angle when empty.

The car performs for its purpose and is a point A to point B car with good efficiency and Toyota quality. It is really a fill it shut it forget it car. Would recommend it to anyone who is focussed on efficiency due to high running, else there are better choices.
Palio_2005 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 19:42   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Hyryder works wonder in city traffic due to low speeds. You will easily achieve 20~25 kmpl. However if you drive with a heavy foot (hard acceleration and frequent braking) then it will be 13~16 kmpl like any other regular car.

On highway with cruising speed of 80~100kmph you will get 20~23 kmpl since the petrol engine is at work more often. but still impressive in comparison with other cars with 1.5l engines.

Overall Hyryder is a very practical no nonsense car. If you drive it sensibly you can easily get an average of 20+ and if not then its a easy 15.

Now a word of caution -

1. The whole car is Maruti Suzuki built except the engine and transmission (Toyota) and airbags (sourced from different vendor). Hence it is not at all at par with its German or Korean counterparts in terms of fit and finish like switches, seats, dashboard etc. Its good but not something comparable with top trims (I mean any 20lakh car).

2. In case you are sitting for an hour in parking mode enjoying AC without driving it will give you a mileage of 8~9kmpl. The whole hybrid charging happens when the car is moving not stand still. In parking mode the engine starts automatically to keep the battery above 2 bars. And there is no charging due to traction which is the beauty of the car.

If you have 2023 Seltos 1.5 DCT Turbo then switching it just for mileage is just bizarre and doesn't make any sense unless you really need a 2nd car. Hope this helps you to make the right decision.

Last edited by OpenRoads : 20th November 2023 at 19:52.
OpenRoads is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 10:26   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]

Wireless charging pad suspends charging if the phone moves even half a centimeter.

Hi. I have kept a small matchbox at the head of the phone and this has solved my problem (I have an Iphone 12). The main issue seems to be the phone sliding forward causing misalignment.

Just see if it works for you?
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 12:20   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi. I have kept a small matchbox at the head of the phone and this has solved my problem (I have an Iphone 12). The main issue seems to be the phone sliding forward causing misalignment.

Just see if it works for you?
I tried creating a padding using multiple items including paper napkins, but the problem still persists. Tried with an Iphone 11 and a Samsung Galaxy Flip 4, and finally resorted to using the USB Type C cable from the rear AC vent console to charge the phone instead.
Old 21st November 2023, 16:26   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried creating a padding using multiple items including paper napkins, but the problem still persists. Tried with an Iphone 11 and a Samsung Galaxy Flip 4, and finally resorted to using the USB Type C cable from the rear AC vent console to charge the phone instead.
Try a match box instead .

You can purchase a Type A to C and connect in the front USB connector. That starts tha Carplay/AA and the calls etc work better in my experience. I don't use Wireless Carplay as much
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 16:38   #1273
BHPian

The rattle from the passenger seat - in my case, I identified it was due to the buckle of the seat belt not falling flush to the pillar. Instead its stuck between the pillar and the seat and keeps rattling.

Quote:
Hi. I have recently completed 20,000 Kms well within a year on my UC Hyryder. The average mileage is 23 kmpl with 50:50 city and highway driving.

I agree that the difference between Eco/Normal mode is mainly due to the AC and I have seen varying figures as well. Try to keep car in Eco mode at all times, except highway drives with full load.

I recently completed a 1200 kms road trip which was a good mix of highway, ghats, city drives. With four people and a full boot load car managed to return 22 kpl, effectively costing me Rs.4.80/km which I think is really good.

The highway drives were OK but car screams in the ghats especially in the kokan region where the gradient is high with many hair pin bends.

Issues faced
Creaking sound near gear area - culprit - the two side covers which rise up to the dash
Squeaking from dash board which no one is able to diagnose
Rattling of passenger seat at a particular angle when empty.

The car performs for its purpose and is a point A to point B car with good efficiency and Toyota quality. It is really a fill it shut it forget it car. Would recommend it to anyone who is focussed on efficiency due to high running, else there are better choices.
natrajdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 17:32   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
A matchbox placed in contact with an iPhone being charged by using electromagnetic induction

Hope the matchbox is empty..
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 10:25   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
A matchbox placed in contact with an iPhone being charged by using electromagnetic induction

Hope the matchbox is empty..
Yes it is empty. The squeaking from the dashboard is really bothering me.

Overall the build quality is unlike my Yaris which was one solidly built car. 3 years, 50 K over all sorts of terrain and not a peep. Miss the boot too
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks