Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2023, 21:02   #1201
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Is it possible to say remap the strong hybrid to address the slow engine response and what could be adverse effects it could have to the car?

Did anyone try doing it?
TIA
Old 18th September 2023, 21:53   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
Is it possible to say remap the strong hybrid to address the slow engine response and what could be adverse effects it could have to the car?

Did anyone try doing it?
TIA
Possibilities would definitely be there but why would anyone spend so much and then plan a remap? I've driven the Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid and it's not a lazy performer, atleast within the city like Gurgaon. Who knows, remapping it may throw some hybrid system errors? If someone is investing in a vehicle, it's always prudent to take a good test drive. If the dealership doesn't allow, shift to another dealer, go to some other city to test drive but the drive should be in conditions daily faced during the drive. If it's my vehicle, I'll definitely not tinker with the engine.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 22:24   #1203
BHPian

There are already three MAPS. ECO, Normal and sports mode. Why do you need more maps and that too in a such a complicated system.
I have driven almost 12000 kms in ECO mode only and it almost behaved like a supercharged car specially at low speeds where you need the "Kick". Never felt the need to even move to normal or sports mode.
Please don't get me wrong by supercharge I mean the kick is available right from speed zero similar to supercharged car unlike the laggy "Turbocharged cars".
Yes you can never have the kickdown accelerations (From say 80kms onwards) which might be needed on highway. For that kind of accelerations pick up turbo charged cars.
But for in city accelerations runs at slow speed the kick is far better than any turbocharged car.

Last edited by drsachin : 18th September 2023 at 22:25.
drsachin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 11:18   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend who is interested in hyryder. Requesting feedback from the owners on hill driving(downhill especially) as the hybrid variant does not come with any sort of hill descent control.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 14:14   #1205
BHPian

@open roads - as always, the service advisor was clueless when I asked what the problem was but your reasoning was helpful and can be why the error message popped up.

@ rajshenoy - The hybrid variant does come with another feature to aid with descent control. It has a unique gear mode B which can be used while driving downhill but after two mountain trips, I wouldn't use it because the braking for me is excessive.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot_20230920140914130_in.co.tkm.toyotaconnect2.jpg

Ps: If he decides to book the car ask him to book the top end because of less waiting time compared to other variants.

Last edited by shikh_oberoi : 20th September 2023 at 14:20.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 11:27   #1206
BHPian

Other than removing the spare tire from the holder, is there any other way to check the air pressure on the spare? I don't think you're able to reach the tire / air valve from the boot. Thanks!
Old 28th September 2023, 18:06   #1207
BHPian

Has anyone tried changing their horn? Do we need to remove the whole front bumper to change the horn?
Old 29th September 2023, 18:41   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Even people booked on Dec 2022 did not get the car. So its highly unlikely by October . My booking was done on March , no clue yet . Neither dealer nor toyota could give a delivery date ,other than being empathetic. I am in the same queue slot for last 4 months.
Read recently that Toyota is planning to put a 3rd unit to cater to the rising demand for vehicles. This after they added a 3rd shift to the exisiting plant in Bidadi. Not sure how long this will take to start rolling out cars though.
Old 29th September 2023, 18:44   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. I did a Pune - Panhala - Pune round trip. Total 600 kms including some local sightseeing. The car returned an average of 26 kmpl including climbing some ghats and spirited highway driving.

This was our first long trip as a family and wife was complaining that the rear seat is too straight, stiff and uncomfortable. She ended with a bad back. I too experienced some discomfort.

This is a negative that prospective owners must look at.
That's a phenomenal mileage The point on rear seat being too straight and stiff sounds disconcerting though. May I ask which variant is this?
Old 1st October 2023, 11:12   #1210
BHPian

I recently went to the Toyota showroom to check the Neodrive variant. There was a manual allgrip variant on display. The interiors looked good with the all black theme. The grand vitara looks better from the front compared to Hyryder.

The SA also mentioned that the Neodrive variant is better tuned by Toyota for drivability compared to Grand vitara mild hybrid? Anybody heard something like this in Toyota dealerships based on your interactions?
Old 1st October 2023, 19:25   #1211
BANNED

My obsevations ofa test drive of Hyryder.

Average interior plastic finish: window switches are already 'wobbly'.The indicator stalks dont have the reassuring click you get on other vehicles.

Ride & handling were good- although Elevate rides better. Got heavy juddering on sudden braking 40kmph to 0. Is that normal or could it be vehicle specific?

Refinement of 3 cylinder ICE is not on par with a 20 lac car. Again for reference Elevate NA 1500 CVT handles hard acceleration with lower NVH.

Without nit picking, after all these cars have > 6 months waiting period, 2mn rupees is a trackload of money. Didnt feel the class in the vehicle. Would love to hear thought of my fellow BHPians.
INDIAFIRST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 21:46   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post

Got heavy juddering on sudden braking 40kmph to 0. Is that normal or could it be vehicle specific?
I have not faced this but the brakes in Hyryder does not have the bite you would expect. They are just not satisfactory and does not inspire confidence when on highways. Hyryder has all disc brakes while our Innova had only front disc brakes and drums at the rear but it still gave a lot more confidence than this. I expected all disc brakes would be great but it has turned to be the opposite.

Quote:
Without nit picking, after all these cars have > 6 months waiting period, 2mn rupees is a trackload of money. Didnt feel the class in the vehicle. Would love to hear thought of my fellow BHPians.
We bought the Hyryder due to the sheer reliability and peace of Ownership that comes with a Toyota. While some cars in the budget would provide you with all the gizmos out there, Toyota keeps it simple. The ASS experience is also very good. But this is highly subjective and one can overlook this. Also, if you consider 'kitna deti hai' (mileage) factor the Hyryder wins it hands down.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 23:10   #1213
BHPian

Anyone else has issues with interior plastic creaking and squeaking where knees and thighs touch and rest along the side of the centre console?
It is disappointing to experience this in a Toyota. My VW ameo having done 1,20,000 is still the same as day 1. Zero plastic interior noise.
Old 2nd October 2023, 01:31   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
The SA also mentioned that the Neodrive variant is better tuned by Toyota for drivability compared to Grand vitara mild hybrid? Anybody heard something like this in Toyota dealerships based on your interactions?
There is no special tuning done by either of the companies in any car, they are same except the exterior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
My obsevations ofa test drive of Hyryder.
You seems to have got a badly maintained test drive vehicle with over inflated tyres and abused interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadiaksh View Post
Anyone else has issues with interior plastic creaking and squeaking where knees and thighs touch and rest along the side of the centre console?
It is disappointing to experience this in a Toyota. My VW ameo having done 1,20,000 is still the same as day 1. Zero plastic interior noise.
I do have this but nothing majorly concerning, will raise this in my 10k service. Ameo was based on polo which was a true German car!
Old 2nd October 2023, 04:55   #1215
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Hyryder E Neodrive, Many more mile and updates to come! Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_1741.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks