Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 09:26   #1066
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post

Hyryder’s engine is tuned for 91 octane petrol. There is no benefit to be had from running higher octane. What is happening is that XP95 currently has lower ethanol content than normal petrol, which is giving you the feeling of a better drive.
Thanks. Did not know that about XP95.
Are our engines designed to handle ethanol? I believe rubber parts like gaskets and seals in older vehicles are especially vulnerable to ethanol.
Old 23rd April 2023, 22:14   #1067
BHPian

Took a test drive of Hyryder strong hybrid. Was thoroughly disappointed with the engine performance; taking forever to accelerate.

Official torque figures didn't lie (-120-140nm, that too at 4k+rpm)
Old 24th April 2023, 00:15   #1068
BHPian

Got the Toyota Hyryder V Hybrid home today. I am glad to have bought this car and initial impression is very good. Will post a detailed review after some time.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_20230423_191054.jpg
shikh_oberoi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:50   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
There seems to be wireless charging issue, the connection keeps getting disconnected very often, anyone facing this and any resolution to it?
Due to jerks or bumps the phone alignment is disturbed which stops the wireless charging. If you align it back the light becomes blue. Let me know if this fixes it. Or else you might need to visit the service station.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:35   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr001 View Post
Took a test drive of Hyryder strong hybrid. Was thoroughly disappointed with the engine performance; taking forever to accelerate.

Official torque figures didn't lie (-120-140nm, that too at 4k+rpm)
Are you sure it was strong hybrid and not neodrive? Or it might be in Eco mode. Strong hybrid feel quick off the feet and the torque figure given are just of the engine, not including the electric boost that gives additional power when pushed hard.
aks812 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 16:12   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Got the Toyota Hyryder V Hybrid home today. I am glad to have bought this car and initial impression is very good. Will post a detailed review after some time.
Attachment 2443282
When did you book this car?
Old 25th April 2023, 16:29   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Strong hybrid feel quick off the feet and the torque figure given are just of the engine, not including the electric boost that gives additional power when pushed hard.

I've had the Hyryder hybrid for two months now and I do find the acceleration from standstill pretty inconsistent.

4 out of 5 times the electric motor drives the car/supports the engine and pickup is very nice at city speeds. However, once in a while, it's just the engine that runs and I find it very sluggish - I guess it's a mix of the 3-cylinder Atkinson cycle and the CVT rubber band effect. The car actually feels worse that a laggy turbo diesel.

Have any other owners faced this?

Last edited by AdhikR : 25th April 2023 at 16:41.
AdhikR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 22:28   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure it was strong hybrid and not neodrive? Or it might be in Eco mode. Strong hybrid feel quick off the feet and the torque figure given are just of the engine, not including the electric boost that gives additional power when pushed hard.
It was strong hybrid. I switched off eco mode but things didn't improve much.

I was also expecting a good combined performance from na+electric but was disappointed.

I think Toyota is targeting a first time buyer with impressive exterior and high mileage claims + resale value

Last edited by dsr001 : 25th April 2023 at 22:30.
dsr001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 22:35   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdhikR View Post
I've had the Hyryder hybrid for two months now and I do find the acceleration from standstill pretty inconsistent.

4 out of 5 times the electric motor drives the car/supports the engine and pickup is very nice at city speeds. However, once in a while, it's just the engine that runs and I find it very sluggish - I guess it's a mix of the 3-cylinder Atkinson cycle and the CVT rubber band effect. The car actually feels worse that a laggy turbo diesel.

Start off was ok, but later experience mirrors yours. I took a td.
Old 26th April 2023, 03:30   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There should not be any rubber band effect because this is not exact a CVT, its an eCVT and the only reason it is called that is because it has infinite ratio but that is not achieved using belt and pulley system and therefore should not have the rubber band effect.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 13:45   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
However, once in a while, it's just the engine that runs and I find it very sluggish.The car actually feels worse that a laggy turbo diesel. Have any other owners faced this?
I think almost everyone has faced so. That's the nature of all Hybrid cars. When hybrid battery is charged, it's double torque from both engine and Electric motor. It feels like a super charged car. But when battery is low only engine works that's when it's only Engine torque. There is no CVT ruber band effect.
drsachin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 13:54   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
I complained about the rattles and noises and the service center said they have fixed it with a "NVH Kit" of some sort.
My car had rattles first from left B pillar which was settled with "NVH kit" and later has Noise from Central console. Today again i have given to Espirit Toyota Noida. And they say they will apply NVH there too.
Espirit Toyota Noida have an Expert named Salman. Who is really good in these settling these Rattle noises. As per him this NVH kit is supplied by Toyota and it's not specific for any car. Since it's quite expensive this kit is applied whenever the customer insist on settling such Noises. Not all dealers stock it due to cost issues.

Last edited by drsachin : 26th April 2023 at 13:56.
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 19:24   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
My car had rattles first from left B pillar which was settled with "NVH kit" and later has Noise from Central console. Today again i have given to Espirit Toyota Noida. And they say they will apply NVH there too.
Good to know Toyota SCs are taking responsibility and offering the kit.
NVH kit i think is working out fine for me except 2 spots.
Now there's this weird plastic clatter coming from the back and some new clatter that the HUD lid is making on cracked roads. I can only hear both the sounds on that specific 4-5 km stretch but man it's annoying.

I located the source of the noise coming from the back and I found that the hard plastic on the trunk door is sensitive to light touch so it's prone to rattling and is similar to what I'm hearing. So i tried a jugadu fix and put a piece of paper between it. Let's see how it works out
On my 10k service I'll ask them to rectify both the sounds.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20230426_183002.jpg
Old 27th April 2023, 06:54   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sricar View Post
Hyryder is expected to score 4 star safety rating too.So I am leaning towards Hyryder.
Thanks again.
What you mean by expected to score? If it's never been tested it might score 2 or 1 also, you never know.

Seltos Indian version score 3 star, Australian 5 Star, American 4 star. Hope they work on Indian model to push it to 4 or 5 Star in next version..
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 14:38   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
What you mean by expected to score? If it's never been tested it might score 2 or 1 also, you never know.
Hyryder has an NCAP of 4 star. Please check the scores on net.

Recently I faced an unfortunate event when I was involved on a pile up on the Vashi bridge. 4 cars were involved and I was the last. Initially I thought that the car wasn't damaged however when opened, there was substantial damage to the internal parts including radiator and condenser. Estimate was a lakh and car is under repairs now. Attached some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-3e4e9096b96c44f18641af1c4cf56fd2.jpeg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-7b36a11b808f40878bac928f1a7cc253.jpeg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-be97060eeaab47958a6c3035e6ddf190.jpeg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-02bd792b64fa4091ad899c3fc842039d.jpeg  

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 28th April 2023 at 14:43. Reason: Attachments
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks