Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2024, 09:15   #1306
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Our Hyryder (Neodrive G AT variant) was delivered 2 weeks back. While I plan to share a detailed review after the 1st service, I do want to check with other owners regards the below:
1. I find the driving seat narrow compared to my previous cars
2. When I use my right hand on the steering, the elbow does not find a good place to rest. The door panel ( soft touches) seem a little too far
3. How do I reset the mileage ? I usually do this after every refill so that I can compare actual mileage with the displayed one.

Happy to hear others' experience on the above
Motorhead007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 12:09   #1307
BHPian

Re: My Toyota Hyryder (Hybrid): Delivery Experience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
A Mod recommended for all future Hyryder owners
I wanted to do this ever since I got my Hyryder G CNG delivered in June 2023. Almost 7 months and 22000 km later finally did it.

Earlier Look
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_5452.jpeg
Debadged Urban Cruiser, G and the ugly unnecessary Lakozy Toyota logo. Also removed the CNG sticker from the front and rear windshield. Most of the people at CNG fuel bunks or even the wheel balancing chaps were curious if it really is a CNG car or a hybrid!

Final Output
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_6342.jpeg
The rear looks very clean now. Have to add ‘Got bhp?’ sticker once my dad approves of it.

PS- Dad doesn’t know about the debadging yet. Hopefully he doesn’t find out anytime soon.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:17   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead007 View Post
1. I find the driving seat narrow compared to my previous cars
2. When I use my right hand on the steering, the elbow does not find a good place to rest. The door panel ( soft touches) seem a little too far
3. How do I reset the mileage ? I usually do this after every refill so that I can compare actual mileage with the displayed one.
I'm a heavy guy but I find the seat width decent. Could be wider for sure, but works for me.

I have the exact same problem with my right hand, and it's a bit of a stretch for me to keep the right hand on the steering, so I find myself swapping primary hands from time to time to give one hand a rest. Would like to see if there's a solution for this as well.

Resetting mileage, there's an option on the MID where when you flip the up/down button on the left side of the steering, the trip info shows up, then you can use the mid buttons to reset mileage of Trip A/B
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 15:06   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonHawk View Post
Resetting mileage, there's an option on the MID where when you flip the up/down button on the left side of the steering, the trip info shows up, then you can use the mid buttons to reset mileage of Trip A/B
The mileage can be reset manually, after every refill or with each trip. You have to use arrow keys on the left side of the wheel and then use the toggle swith to move through the options.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 19:18   #1310
BANNED

For mileage refill checks, there's no need to reset it manually. You can check the mileage history, and it will display the mileage for the last five refuels.
Old 27th January 2024, 17:13   #1311
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm what specification of Engine oil is being used by Toyota in the strong Hybrid version?

I own Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid, and recently got my 3rd service and oil change done. The oil used is 5W-40, which is not the recommended grade as per the service manual. As per manual it has to be either 5w-30, 10w-30, 0w-20 or 0w-16.

I have noticed a drop in fuel efficiency post oil change, and once I complained to Maruti about it, the dealer said 5W-40 is better compared to the other recommendations. There is price difference of about 1100 between 5w-30 and 5w-40,and seems like the service center is duping people in the name of better oil whereas it is not needed. Mine is a sedately city driven car.

Thanks!!
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 17:59   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi,
Can anyone please confirm what specification of Engine oil is being used by Toyota in the strong Hybrid version?
Thanks!!
In the same boat as you for my Swift. My car's manual says 0W 20. My Authorised service centre puts in 0W 40 citing it is a good oil. It cost 3.5k while the price of same quantity of oil for 0W 20 is around ~1.5k max outside. I say this is money making oil scam run by dealers. Kindly check your manual for the oil grade. It will highlighted as to which oil to use.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 27th January 2024 at 18:10.
Old 28th January 2024, 01:07   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Although I have a K15C engine in my Hyryder the ASC have always stuck with the recommended 0W16 Oil.

Quote:
I own Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid, and recently got my 3rd service and oil change done. The oil used is 5W-40, which is not the recommended grade as per the service manual.
Not an expert but please get it flushed and replaced by the correct grade. Read a related thread and also read this. Additionally, you can post your query on the Maruti Recommended oil thread or DM DBHPian Leoshashi about the same.
Quote:
As per manual it has to be either 5w-30, 10w-30, 0w-20 or 0w-16.
Yes that is correct.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_6382.jpeg
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 17:19   #1314
BHPian

Thanks, have escalated this to the dealer and Maruti as well.

Apart from the drop in fuel efficiency, is 5W-40 genuinely better as compared to 5W-30 and other recommended oils? I understnad 'better' can have a very subjective definition here. Consider mine is a sedately driven car in the Delhi winters and summers where temperature does touch 45 degrees in May/June and 5 degrees in Jan.

I am going to ask for a refund for the oil change, and not a complete engine flush if 5W-40 is genuinely not going to harm the car in the long run and may just prove to be a little better for the engine as well in the summers.

The only problem I have is they did it without informing me, had they asked me I may even have agreed to go for the costlier engine oil if it is indeed better for the engine.
Old 30th January 2024, 18:17   #1315
BHPian

Hey everyone, I hope to be joining the Hyryder ownership community soon. I had ordered a Racing Red Hyryder Neodrive S.
This is going to be my first car that I'm buying for myself, replacing my current car which was a gift from my parents when I started college, so it's a new experience for me.
Now, after quite a wait; the dealer has one midnight black available which I can get (Parents are repeat customers at this Toyota, so there was goodwill for allotment). Everything seems clear, but I have few queries:
1. I have got the VIN of the car, and it's confusing me.
The VIN starts with MBJ like a Toyota VIN but has only 17 digits like a Maruti VIN?
On decoding like a Maruti VIN date of manufacture is all good, Jan 24. Is this the case with all Hyryders?

2. Is paint quality of Hyryder good? Will maintaining a black one be a hassle, the car looks quite good in the colour as such.

3. The accesory cost as per the dealers list is significantly more than the cost as shown on the Toyota online configurator. Is that normal?

Help of experienced members of the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Dopamine : 30th January 2024 at 18:26.
Old 30th January 2024, 18:57   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine View Post
Hey everyone, I hope to be joining the Hyryder ownership community soon.
Hey, congratulations on your new car.
Quote:
1.The VIN starts with MBJ like a Toyota VIN but has only 17 digits like a Maruti VIN?
My Hyryder has a MBJ 17 digit VIN too. Even my Innova had a 17 digit MBJ VIN so I see no issues there.
Quote:
2. Is paint quality of Hyryder good? Will maintaining a black one be a hassle, the car looks quite good in the colour as such.
I have a white one and the paint is decent. It has got some swirl marks already due to our car wash guy not using micro fiber. Such swirl marks would be more visible in black.
Quote:
3. The accesory cost as per the dealers list is significantly more than the cost as shown on the Toyota online configurator. Is that normal?
Not sure but our car has all the accessories (as dad didn't bother to opt out). Just select the accessories you wish and go ahead. Do post some pictures when you get it.
Old 30th January 2024, 19:11   #1317
BHPian

Did a weekend trip from BLR to Coorg. Started with a full tank of XP95. Back home with an additional 560 Km on the odo and a half tank of fuel still there. Not bad I say, not bad at all.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-coorg_mileage.jpeg
curiousElf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 21:20   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Hey, congratulations on your new car.

My Hyryder has a MBJ 17 digit VIN too. Even my Innova had a 17 digit MBJ VIN so I see no issues there.

Such swirl marks would be more visible in black.
Thank you. I will be getting ceramic and will try going for regular dusting + occasionally spray washing to avoid swirl marks.

May I ask how did you decode the 17 digit VIN for date of manufacture?
Did you use the Maruti Suzuki chart, since all the Toyota India charts I can find all are based on the 22 digit system. The Maruti system using 10th and 11th digit is giving Jan '24 date of manufacture.
The Toyota system needs 19th-22nd digits, which ofcourse are not present in our cars.
Old 30th January 2024, 22:12   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine View Post
May I ask how did you decode the 17 digit VIN for date of manufacture?
I decoded via the Maruti Suzuki chart. Mine was delivered in June 2023 and had P= 2023 and F= June as 10th and 11th alphabets respectively in VIN.

Refer the below chart- 10th alphabet for Year and 11th alphabet for the month.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_6419.jpeg
Source
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 20:47   #1320

I recently made a fool of myself trying to do a PUC for my strong hybrid, finally after 20 mins of trying I resorted to revving the engine with the break pedal pressed with the other foot and got the job done in a couple of minutes. I got back home and read about the maintenance mode, but was recently told by a friend that the maintenance mode also didn't work seamlessly. Anyone else who has cracked this? I have another 10-11 months to go but would like to do it the right away next time around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks