Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2024, 21:18   #1471
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Do we have any recommendations for car covers?
Old 10th May 2024, 22:00   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneix View Post
I don't believe in taking tires to the last mile as the noise has increased and punctures are frequent.

Am thinking about continental ContiSport or Primacy SUV.
Due to AWD I was thinking of Yoko Geolander but was told they don't stand close to the two I mentioned above.

Has anyone here upgraded tires yet for their Tucson?
Though not for Tucson, I changed for my Harrier. Any day, for me it is always Michelin/Pirelli > Conti/Yoko/Vredestein. So I recommend you Michelin.
Other than that Tucson is a sophisticated low vehicle (low GC) and only AWD (not 4*4) car. So going for A/T tires does not make sense at all (It will also spoil the look of the car - subjective). So my advise it to stick to H/T tires only which itself is more than enough for 99% of the situations, even if not 100% as per your usage.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 22:05   #1473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Due to AWD I was thinking of Yoko Geolander but was told they don't stand close to the two I mentioned above.

By upgrading, you mean a bigger size?

With 18 inch wheels, Tucson has very little options unless you switch to 17 inch wheels that comes stock in USA.

I prefer to switch to AT someday due to the bad roads I deal with, but there is no AT option in the current size.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 11:55   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

With 18 inch wheels, Tucson has very little options unless you switch to 17 inch wheels that comes stock in USA.

I prefer to switch to AT someday due to the bad roads I deal with, but there is no AT option in the current size.
The newly launched Bridgestone AT-002 has it in the size - a lot of XUV, Safari and Tucson owners are waiting for AT options in this size for a long time now!

Apterra AT2 would have been ideal from price-performance perspective but they are yet to launch it in this size.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 12:06   #1475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
The newly launched Bridgestone AT-002 has it in the size - a lot of XUV, Safari and Tucson owners are waiting for AT options in this size for a long time now!
Wow, finally an AT option without having to wait until warranty expiry to downgrade the wheel to 17 inches.

I'll probably switch to it next year, after doing 20K on the current tyres. Even 255/65R18 upgrade is a possibility if it doesn't touch the wheel well anywhere and if you are willing to forego warranty.

Last edited by Samurai : 11th May 2024 at 12:27.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 12:25   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Got the 40K service done for my Signature AWD Tucson. Total bill came at 13K INR at Joshi Hyundai Mohali Punjab. Seems reasonable.
No unplanned replacement. Brake pads are still good and tires can last another 10K.

The DPF fluid was replenished at 30K and still showing at 70% full.

Overall fuss free ownership. The car is a delight to drive. Has all the creature comforts you can ask for. Only hassle is switching off the ADAS forward collision every time.

I don't believe in taking tires to the last mile as the noise has increased and punctures are frequent.

I am on primacy suv+ from day 1 for my 700 - the supplies are very limited and if you can source one then they would be the best in terms of comfort, grip and road noise. Very impressed so far on my 700
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 11:11   #1477
BHPian

37000km were completed on a one-day trip to Dandraua Dham, in Bhind MP.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1412.jpg

Dandraua Dham is one of the Dhams of lord hanuman, also known as Doctor Hanuman Dham.

Post the Darshan, had a sumptuous lunch at a Restaurant called Khana Company at Bhind.

The car is thoroughly enjoyable on the open highways. There is always ample power on the tap, regardless of your speed. This is especially useful when you want to pull away(or slow down) from aggressive drivers.

A total of 800 Km was a breeze, especially with adaptive cruise control (ADAS is always kept in warning only).

Driving over the bridge of the enigmatic Chambal river.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1400edit.jpg

With full occupant load, you will have to be careful at large Speed Breakers, and it may scrape at times, otherwise an excellent tourer.

After a washing session at DetailFoxx at Gurugram. Though the workers were hardworking, the overall result was below expectation, as most bugs and gunk were still stuck on the front of the car.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1435.jpg
abtyagi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 11:22   #1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

There are few AT options now in that size. TyreMarket site has those. Yoko G015 is a good option.

By upgrade I meant better tires in same size (I should have clarified). It's a lock between Michelin or Continental. Michelin only has Primacy SUV+ in that size as officially available (rest are imports with no warranty).
ContiSport is available with 3 years warranty and is made in India.
Pricewise Michelin is around 21K and Conti is 17.5K.

Tucson gets very shaky and bouncy on rough terrain so I don't intend to take this one over bad roads too often. It gives a high on highway speeds so will go for a performance tire.
Old 16th May 2024, 18:36   #1479

Any idea when Tucson facelift is coming to India ? I really like the new interiors and looking forward to buy it as soon as it is launched.
Old 17th May 2024, 09:18   #1480
BHPian

Quote:

Tucson gets very shaky and bouncy on rough terrain so I don't intend to take this one over bad roads too often. It gives a high on highway speeds so will go for a performance tire.
This has been my experience too. And given that Mumbai roads are in a state of flux these days, somehow I am not enjoying the drive as much... I wonder what it is, the roads, the suspension or the tyres... I am at 15K, and want to change to some premium tyres asap..
Old 17th May 2024, 10:19   #1481
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is why downgrading to 17 inch wheels will help, it is anyway OEM in USA. But wait until warranty expires. Since we have the 4th gen, also known as NX4, there are hardly any third-party suspension upgrades available. It will happen in few years though. My Grand Vitara is on Old Man Emu suspension + 16 inch wheels, and it can handle any bad road. But the Tucson is long way from there thanks to 18 inch wheels and highway tuned suspension.
Old 17th May 2024, 17:03   #1482
BHPian

Regarding the tyre upgrade

I saw a post recently someone using Yokohama BluEarth RV-02 for their XUV 7oo.The tyre size is same which is used for Tucson (235\60\R18)..But unfortunately the same size tyre is not listed within the website attaching the picture for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_9364.jpg  

Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 11:02   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
Quick question... Are the wiper blades covered by the 3 year support coverage? or would they be charged extra? If they are covered, I would rather get them replaced for free (someone on the group mentioned that) else I would like to get the Bosch Aerotwin wiper.
let me know. TIA
FYI: I ordered Aerotwin wipers from Boodmo (they mentioned they are compatible with Tucson), however, they are not.

Only Bosch Clear Advantage are compatible with Tucson. They are also very good, but would have preferred Aerotwins.
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 11:59   #1484
BHPian

Hello Tucson Owners,

I am toying with the idea of buying a Tucson but had a few queries. Would be great to have your inputs

1. How easy is it to drive and park in Bangalore City? I mean core CBD and south residential areas?

2. What kind of discounts are available and how much? I checked with one of the showrooms and I was quoted 50k off on petrol and 1L off on diesel upfront(2024 models). I am curious to know if steep discounts are a thing of past OR can we expect that even now?

Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:12   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
FYI: I ordered Aerotwin wipers from Boodmo (they mentioned they are compatible with Tucson), however, they are not.

Only Bosch Clear Advantage are compatible with Tucson. They are also very good, but would have preferred Aerotwins.
I also have a pair of Aerotwins lying with me I dont know what to do with those..
noyes99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks