Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2024, 16:49   #1396
BANNED

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

I'd suggest everyone to stay away from Xenon-planet. They have quality control issues, non-existent after-sales service and to top it all off, terrible attitude. Adding a pair of decent auxiliary lights is the way to go, use a quality wiring kit to retain your warranty.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 18:29   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Regarding the bluelink dashboard, how long is this abnormal? What was the status after the service completion? Do you get any warnings/error messages on the infotainment/instrument cluster screen?
I have just noticed it, and pretty sure it was not there around the time of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
As per Hyundai SA, we need to manually reset it in Bluelink (Maintenance page). I did it for filter after my first service.Not sure if it's right method
This sounds right. The app seems to have auto alerts, which now seem like they are more of a reminder, than a diagnostic. Have reset these and these have gone.
noyes99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 04:55   #1398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Saw this post in Facebook for Tucson 4th Gen headlight upgrade (Adding projectors) to the existing sealed units with LED's.. I pinged the vendor multiple times to just check the cost but unfortunately no response.
I pinged them. Here's what they replied"

2 projectors per side, total of 4: Rs 35000.

4 projectors per side, total of 8: Rs 58000.

Also they will install the lights on Tucson only at their Punchkula store.

The light output for Tucson on their Instagram channel seems good, but not sure about the quality check.

Here's the link
https://www.instagram.com/p/C2oiLvjpdmV/

Last edited by aah78 : 8th February 2024 at 05:08. Reason: Quote trimmed. Spacing fixed. Typos fixed.
AG532 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 09:34   #1399

Hello fellow bhpians. Have clocked almost 1700kms on the odo now and it’s been wonderful. After getting te number plate we decided to go Shirdi for seeking His blessings as also it long pending one. Had a wonderful drives all the way. The drive Samruddhi Expressway was awesome though only around 50k. Have following queries and would be glad if to have them clarified:
1. Am yet to get ppf coating done. Because of an already stretched budget I am not willing to spend more into this stuff but at the same time wouldn’t even want to compromise on stock finish. So want to balance it off. The Hyundai showroom people in Mumbai have been proposing a Korean brand named “Sentinel” in varied options viz 3yr-5yr warranties with both having 200microns. Now Garware people (company owned studio and installers in vile Parle, Mumbai) have quoted about same price (75k) for the same microns. I am really very very confused as to what to go for. There are other detailers as well who are doing Garware and other unknown brands with varied pricing.

Your recommendations on above will help make me get through this dilemma which is now been a long pending one. Thanks in advance!
Old 9th February 2024, 12:15   #1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
Hello fellow bhpians. Have clocked almost 1700kms on the odo now and it’s been wonderful. After getting te number plate we decided to go Shirdi for seeking His blessings as also it long pending one. Had a wonderful drives all the way. The drive Samruddhi Expressway was awesome though only around 50k. Have following queries and would be glad if to have them clarified:
1. Am yet to get ppf coating done. Because of an already stretched budget I am not willing to spend more into this stuff but at the same time wouldn’t even want to compromise on stock finish. So want to balance it off. The Hyundai showroom people in Mumbai have been proposing a Korean brand named “Sentinel” in varied options viz 3yr-5yr warranties with both having 200microns. Now Garware people (company owned studio and installers in vile Parle, Mumbai) have quoted about same price (75k) for the same microns. I am really very very confused as to what to go for. There are other detailers as well who are doing Garware and other unknown brands with varied pricing.

Your recommendations on above will help make me get through this dilemma which is now been a long pending one. Thanks in advance!

I think the investment done on ppf is worth it. I had my ppf done from Detailing bulls gurgaon last year, and my car still looks like it came out of showroom.

Garware is a good reputed brand. Just ensure that you get the work done from a reputed detailer, which has a good after-sales service.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th February 2024 at 12:21. Reason: Minor typo correction
AG532 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 14:02   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG532 View Post

4 projectors per side, total of 8: Rs 58000.

Also they will install the lights on Tucson only at their Punchkula store.

The light output for Tucson on their Instagram channel seems good, but not sure about the quality check.

Here's the link
https://www.instagram.com/p/C2oiLvjpdmV/
I would really want it, but I am in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai area. I wonder if someone around this area is doing something like this. These guys in Panchkula cant be the only ones...

In other news. I removed the parcel tray completely from my car. It seems practically useless, and was generating some noise anywhere the road was less than perfect (which is practically everywhere in Mumbai). Car is much quieter now..
Old 11th February 2024, 01:08   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Garve Hyundai wakad.
Kothari Hyundai aundh.

Do share your observations post test drive
Thanks for the pointers sapien, i was able to get a test drive of Tucson Diesel. The observations are as follows -
1. The car looks large from the exterior
2. The interiors are ok, but does not feel premium.
3. The quality of fit an finish is good.
4. The engine is very powerful
5. Interiors are spacious. Can easily accommodate 5 people.
6. As already pointed out, the headlights do not seem inadequate
7. The ride was stiff. My daughter, sitting in the second row, was complaining after the test drive
8. Was finding it difficult to get a judgement of where the left corner is. May be with time, it would get comfortable
9. The test drive was in a new car hardly a week old, but the seat had already started getting dirty.
skrmv2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 09:28   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrmv2 View Post
Thanks for the pointers sapien, i was able to get a test drive of Tucson Diesel. The observations are as follows -
7. The ride was stiff. My daughter, sitting in the second row, was complaining after the test drive
8. Was finding it difficult to get a judgement of where the left corner is. May be with time, it would get comfortable
9. The test drive was in a new car hardly a week old, but the seat had already started getting dirty.
correction - I meant
*6. As already pointed out, the headlights do not seem adequate
Old 11th February 2024, 10:49   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
.... I removed the parcel tray completely from my car. It seems practically useless, ...
The only real use of a parcel tray is to keep the contents in the boot off prying eyes and not attract attention when the boot is full, especially on long trips.

Its a boon that the Tuscon comes with it.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 11th February 2024 at 10:51.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 11:22   #1405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Its a boon that the Tuscon comes with it.
Absolutely! It muffles any sounds from the boot too. Anyone who has watched the old mafia movies knows the importance of keeping the privacy of the boot.
Old 11th February 2024, 13:25   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The only real use of a parcel tray is to keep the contents in the boot off prying eyes and not attract attention when the boot is full, especially on long trips.
That I understand, but i am annoyed by the flapping noise of the parcel tray whenever the car hits a rough patch. How do we reduce that?
Old 11th February 2024, 14:33   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That I understand, but i am annoyed by the flapping noise of the parcel tray whenever the car hits a rough patch. How do we reduce that?
Apply "3M Double Sided Tape, Attachment Tape" along the contact points on the side walls where the parcel tray rests.

It will create a sticky effect that lasts quite a while and will prevent the parcel tray from flapping.

Don't apply the tape both on the parcel tray and car contact, only on a single surface as two sticky tapes bonding together can't be easily seperated. Our aim is to create a mild velcro like reusable bond.

Any time the parcel tray needs to be lifted, the tape will offer some resistance but will yield, hence this is an option that can be tried to eliminate the noise.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 11th February 2024 at 14:38.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 13:06   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrmv2 View Post
The observations are as follows -
1. I am not sure what do you mean by large? Every car in this segment (even 1 segment below and above) is of the same size or bigger compared to Tucson. Of course, there are exceptions. So I don't think calling Tucson large means anything.

2. Interior feeling is comparative - based on what car you compare it with.

6. The headlight is inadequate with respect to almost all Hyundai/Kia cars and Tucson is no exception.

7. Tucson's ride is actually soft and plush (or moderate even otherwise). Surprised to hear that its stiff. You may want to test drive again. Of course, it also depends on what car you are comparing with.

9. Thats a significant negative of all light colour interiors of any car/brand.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 13:18   #1409

Hi, My car is almost 3 years old (April 2021), 24K on odd now.
Received quote for extending warranty for 4 for 10K/4-5 year 22K /4-5-6-7 for 59K.
Any recommendations if we should opt for extending the warranty ?

Quote:
Would this not void the warranty?

Also, I looked at my Bluelink dashboard (photo attached) My car got serviced at around 9500 kms, and engine oil etc was all changed. Not sure why it's showing abnormal.
Ring up Bluelink customer support - they will help you reset / update the replenishments/replacements done during servicing. After each servicing you will have to manually reset these.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th February 2024 at 17:55. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 17th February 2024, 21:42   #1410
BHPian

Hello All,

Installed Cardi k4 Ambient light set of 6 pieces which comes with 210 different modes & offers 150 plus different colour options .It gives a completely new look to the car & I would say it’s worth it. Attaching some pictures taken during both Day\night & start up video.

Video link -

Price - Rs 6500
Warranty - 1 year
Installation location - kalyan car accessories T nagar

Thank_You !
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0453.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0456.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0451.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0458.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0455.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0454.jpg