Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2023, 18:50   #1336
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

The same Hyundai Tucson in USA comes with both a sensible 235/65R17 and an insane 235/55R19. We in India got an impractical compromise of 235/60R18, which doesn't have any AT tyre options.

Wish we had 235/65R17 as stock in India, which has lots of AT tyre options.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20231216-2.png
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 20:56   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
Btw, I am also looking for window shades and my better half is probably going to be in a very nasty mood on our upcoming road trip if I don't find them on time, so I'll highly appreciate if anyone has recommendations around where to buy them from. I literally called all Hyundai dealerships around and none of them has it.
Amazon has plenty of options. I am using this

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1 and https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Please keep in mind to first stick a transparent tape on the window frame before installing these sun shades to avoid the paint damage on the long run. A better option would be to hunt for non-magnetic ones which I've been unsuccessful so far in my search.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 12:33   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Amazon has plenty of options. I am using this

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1 and https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Please keep in mind to first stick a transparent tape on the window frame before installing these sun shades to avoid the paint damage on the long run. A better option would be to hunt for non-magnetic ones which I've been unsuccessful so far in my search.
I also found these ones only but wasn't sure since the reviews weren't great and people complained about the size being a little odd. I ended up ordering though. Thanks for the suggestion around putting transparent tape.
theOneWhoRides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 00:30   #1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Just tell us the last letter after the *.

The VIN will be 17 digits followed by * and an letter.
So the dealer has confirmed that the month of manufacture of the Tucson is July with ‘G’ being the last character in the 19 digit VIN which they say they have just received from Hyundai yesterday. Is it ok to proceed further considering almost 6 months gone by?

As per dealer GM, it’s usual for such CBU cars to have manufacturing month dating back 3-4 months. He said that they carry out first PDI once the car is received in their stockyard from Hyundai and then second pdi after they bring the car to their workshop from their stockyard. They are ok with me carrying out pdi even at their stockyard but due to time constraints I won’t be able to do that.

Also am supposed to complete considerable part of the payment which I have delayed giving some or other reason since I wanted to know the manufacture month.

Is it ok to proceed further considering almost 6 months gone by? What all precautionary measures should I consider and how should I proceed further hereon?

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st December 2023 at 03:18. Reason: Some clean up edits.
Old 21st December 2023, 07:42   #1340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
Is it ok to proceed further considering almost 6 months gone by?
When I was allocated my Tucson in late October, it also turned out to be an almost 6 month old car, as it was from May. This appears to be common for CKD cars.

The PDI was done by a fellow moderator who has microscopic eagle eyes, and he couldn't find anything wrong. It has literally hundreds of stickers and plastic covers protecting all the surfaces. So don't worry about it.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 01:14   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
So the dealer has confirmed that the month of manufacture of the Tucson is July with ‘G’ being the last character in the 19 digit VIN which they say they have just received from Hyundai yesterday. Is it ok to proceed further considering almost 6 months gone by?

As per dealer GM, it’s usual for such CBU cars to have manufacturing month dating back 3-4 months. He said that they carry out first PDI once the car is received in their stockyard from Hyundai and then second pdi after they bring the car to their workshop from their stockyard. They are ok with me carrying out pdi even at their stockyard but due to time constraints I won’t be able to do that.

Also am supposed to complete considerable part of the payment which I have delayed giving some or other reason since I wanted to know the manufacture month.

Is it ok to proceed further considering almost 6 months gone by? What all precautionary measures should I consider and how should I proceed further hereon?
Absolutely go ahead with the car. Have no worries. This is a common thing specially for CKD cars and also as we know Tucson is a premium car and it does not sell very fast like the Creta. So the assembling does not happen very often. One thing for sure is that your car will get a lot of stares on road admiring the beauty of the Tucson.
It's been almost 1 month since I took delivery of my Tucson and it’s just wonderful. Enjoy your Tucson and advance congratulations
OceanWaves is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 01:52   #1342
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Every time I click the "update" button in my tucson's software, this (please refer to the image) error pops up. The car was last updated in August 2023. I got the ambient music options and a new vehicle settings page. Have you folks received any updates post that time period? Is this error common?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20231109_184004-1.jpg  

Last edited by smilenow : 22nd December 2023 at 01:54.
Old 22nd December 2023, 20:21   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Hi Folks,
Every time I click the "update" button in my tucson's software, this (please refer to the image) error pops up. The car was last updated in August 2023. I got the ambient music options and a new vehicle settings page. Have you folks received any updates post that time period? Is this error common?
OTA update is automatic and you don't have to do anything for that. I have experienced that in July'23 update.

Update button is for offline updates. For that you have to download update software from Hyundai website. It is available for windows. You have to enter current version installed in your car in that software and that software will download and copy the latest update in your pendrive. Then you have to insert that pendrive in USB port and press update button. Make sure to have atleast 32GB pendrive as update size is about 17GB.

I just checked this last week. July'23 is the latest update available for cars in India.
rutvij is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 19:30   #1344
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone come across false alert (door not closed) from Bluelink app? It has happened to me twice, both times it was parked in secure places under CC camera. So I didn't rush back in a hurry.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-bluelink.jpeg

However, once I got back I check the door, and it was perfectly locked, both times. Now I am wondering how to trust this bluelink app. If there can be false positives, there could false negatives too.
Old 24th December 2023, 20:22   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
However, once I got back I check the door, and it was perfectly locked, both times. Now I am wondering how to trust this bluelink app. If there can be false positives, there could false negatives too.
Did you try refresh option on that alert message. Sometimes I used to get older messages relayed later, but upon on refresh it shows the correct status. We can track the message time under Notifications.
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 23:20   #1346
BHPian

Hi

Have anyone here managed to get Premium quality 3D or 7D mats for the new Tucson? I stay in Bangalore and any suggestions about online and offline stores would be of great help to me.

Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 21:12   #1347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Did you try refresh option on that alert message. Sometimes I used to get older messages relayed later, but upon on refresh it shows the correct status. We can track the message time under Notifications.
Ok, it was not any old message.

But I finally solved the mystery when it happened again.

I had visited a restaurant with family, and since I got distracted, I forgot to lock the car. Few minutes later, while waiting for the food, I checked the phone and found the same bluelink alert. So I ran out and checked the lock, it was not locked.

Now I know why it gave the false alerts before. If you get out of the car and don't lock within some time, it tends to send this alert. First two times, I think I may have locked the car bit later since I was nearby.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 22:10   #1348

Hello Everyone,
I have been using Team-bhp for several years now - and many of the articles have helped me buy every car I have owned after 2014 - starting from Toyota Innova (2014), BMW X1 (2017), Hyundai Creta (2020) and after several months of searching I have now bought Hyundai Tucson!

My requirement was a SUV (mid-size), key requirements were considering 80% city use and 20% highway were:
1. Reliable ASS
2. Decent power (so I favoured Turbo Petrol)
3. Features
4. Decent mileage
After reviewing most of the Hyundai Creta and it's competitors, I couldnt find the right fit - knowing that most manufacturers (Hyundai/Kia and VW/Skoda have all got DCT/DSG in their powerful engine version) - it was attractive but a non-starter (I also need to mention that one of the prime reason for changing car was because of Creta DCT's transmission issues).
I test drove Tucson and immediately fell in love with all my key requirements. A few rounds of convincing at home and within couple of weeks i was looking for year-end discount and decided to go with my heart (rather than mind).
Though my initial requirement was Petrol Tucson, I read a few reviews - and primarily due to low mileage i decided for Diesel (my monthly run is around 1k).

The booking and delivery experience with Lakshmi Hyundai was seamless and very smooth - as I traded in my Creta as well.

Finally took delivery of the Tucson Diesel Platinum (Starry night) today - I will write a more detailed review after driving for a couple of months.
I would like to thank all the contributors on Team-bhp - the reviews and comments were really helpful in getting to this stage of decision!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4555.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4554.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4557.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4558.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4561.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4538.jpg  

Vroooom_1972 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 12:04   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroooom_1972 View Post
Finally took delivery of the Tucson Diesel Platinum (Starry night) today - I will write a more detailed review after driving for a couple of months.
I would like to thank all the contributors on Team-bhp - the reviews and comments were really helpful in getting to this stage of decision!
Your Starry night looks lot like starry night, mine just looks faded black.

Congratulations for your new car. You have made the right decision (listing to heart over mind.

A quick first service update from my side.

It has been a fuss free 10,000 KMs. I am enjoying the smooth and powerful drive-train of Tucson. Also, the ASS has been excellent, they do provide better experience to Tucson customers.

I chose fully synthetic engine oil for replacement (costed me ~7000) instead of free semi-synthetic. Also, got wheel balancing and alignment done (~2000). I was in and out in 2 hours.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-whatsapp-image-20231229-11.59.05_84a8d181.jpg

Now let's see how the next 10K KMs will be.
Mountainman21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 17:34   #1350

Hi - I am currently in the TD phase of Tucson Signature Petrol. Since my drive is mostly limited to city, I believe that a petrol car is a decent buy. Does anyone have experiences to share with Hyundai dealers in Hyderabad? I am touch with KUN Hyundai Gachibowli, but I want to also talk to other showrooms in the city to ensure I get a good deal (price wise) and also a good delivery experience. Please share your thoughts. TIA

Most Viewed