Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2023, 19:33   #1291
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
ADAS
Few things to check: What is the setting on forward collision avoidance timing? There are 2 modes.

See this video for details

Was cruise control on?
KrishKallapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 23:58   #1292

Quick question:
1. From my discussions with various dealers, there are two kinds of insurance policies available. Should HAP be preferred over regular insurance (zero debt+rti+engine protection+tyre protection)? My usual driving is going to be on the highway between Mumbai and Surat which is going to be about 7k-8k per year on an average. There’s a price difference of about 50-60k in both.

2. SOT is must or can be done away with?

Am going in for the diesel model platinum variant.
Old 4th December 2023, 21:22   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
One may be surprised to see photographs of a Ford Endeavour in this forum. Let me explain. When I bought an Endy 2.2 AT Titanium in April 2018, I was so thrilled with it that I wrote on Team-BHP : “Finally a car I might love to drive to my own funeral”. I was 67 years old then and assumed it would be my last car...
Sir, I must commend you for keeping up with technology, me being 33 years old still find most modern cars too overwhelming. However, you sir are an inspiration of keeping passion alive. They way you have articulated your purchase decision, if you hadn't mentioned your age, I would have never been able to guess.

I wish that I remain as active as you are as I age.

Wishing you many years of happy motoring.
hellraiser_yank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 05:54   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhokage View Post
I have never heard of burn in period for speakers, correct I don't think speakers have any kind of burn in period to start sounding good correct me if I am wrong
Check out https://hub.yamaha.com/audio/a-how-t...n-in-speakers/
shabeermohamed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 06:58   #1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
It is slightly on the lower side, but you are in Mumbai and its a petrol. I would suggest taking the car for a drive up to Lonavala and further, and drive back, and see what you get post hitting the highway. if you get anything less than 12-13, then may be talk to dealer. Mine improved significantly after about 2000 kms.
Thanks for the suggestion. I took the car till Lonavala and mileage hit between 11-12 on the highway and for the overall trip fell around 10-11. After that my city mileage has increased to around 7 from 4-5. Is this acceptable or should I visit the dealership?

I have driven 500km so far.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th December 2023 at 07:35. Reason: Spacing. Period added.
Old 5th December 2023, 11:01   #1296

Dear Tucson 2022 owners,

Need some help incase fellow owners have encountered similar situation

1. For the past few weeks I am unable to toggle the "Drive and Terrain" modes on my Tucson Diesel. When I press the switch, that works however, the toggle switches on the steering don't allow me to select the desired Drive mode.

2. I went to the entertainment panel to update the s/w. I get a message - "Check Memory Storage"

Any one else faced similar issues? Please do share,

Regards

Ravi
Old 5th December 2023, 11:09   #1297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Attachment 2534004

Attachment 2534005

Attachment 2534006

One may be surprised to see photographs of a Ford Endeavour in this forum. Let me explain. When I bought an Endy 2.2 AT Titanium in April 2018, I was so thrilled with it that I wrote on Team-BHP : “Finally a car I might love to drive to my own funeral”. I was 67 years old then and assumed it would be my last car.
It was an engaging thread to read. I am at middle 30s now and somehow not enjoying the driving like earlier. But posts like these from your age group will get us best to find piece in driving.

Being a good fan, I was curious to know the reason behind selling your Endeavour. After reading your thread, I truly understand your decision of selling Endeavour. If no financial dependency, I would have both Endeavour and Tucson in my garage as both are made for different purposes.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, MS, T-Fort, ANHV, Endy) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Also, please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th December 2023 at 12:18. Reason: Mod note attached.
Mr.Wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 12:00   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquizzitive View Post

After that my city mileage has increased to around 7 from 4-5. Is this acceptable or should I visit the dealership?
I live and work in Navi Mumbai and have a Diesel. My initial mileage for 1500-2000 kms was low at around 11-12. Now it has improved to around 15ish, with a high way mileage going up to 20. But it happened around 1500-2000 mark. For city traffic for Petrol, i think 9 should par over long term, but you are still in your early days. talk to someone at Hyundai for this (not the dealer, but Hyundai ASM). Dealer might be able to help you with the number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi1976 View Post

1. For the past few weeks I am unable to toggle the "Drive and Terrain" modes on my Tucson Diesel. When I press the switch, that works however, the toggle switches on the steering don't allow me to select the desired Drive mode.
AWD?

Quote:

2. I went to the entertainment panel to update the s/w. I get a message - "Check Memory Storage"
I have the same issue. The workshop told me that its because the update is not OTA. But I do not think that's the case. There is something else. I am not quite sure what.
noyes99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 19:56   #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
I live and work in Navi Mumbai and have a Diesel.
====I am not quite sure what.
I will try speaking to the servicing guy at the workshop and check.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th December 2023 at 20:57. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. thanks.
Ravi1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 22:20   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
See this video for details adas video
If the information in this video is also applicable to the Tucson, I see an easy solution to turning off the forward collision automatic braking -- simply turn off Electronic Stability Control if there is a button for it. This should be very handy in city driving. I haven't got delivery of my Tucson yet and so can't check it out myself. Tucson owners are kindly requested to examine this option and report if this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_yank View Post
Sir, I must commend you for keeping up with technology, me being 33 years old still find most modern cars too overwhelming. However, you sir are an inspiration of keeping passion alive. They way you have articulated your purchase decision, if you hadn't mentioned your age, I would have never been able to guess.
I am touched by your kind words. I have this sneaking feeling that it is my passion for cars that is actively contributing to keeping me mentally young and agile!

Last edited by Sheel : 6th December 2023 at 10:36. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 06:56   #1301
BHPian

Quote:

Ravi
Drive modes can only be toggled with the centre console toggle switch where Drive and Terrain is mentioned. There is no option to toggle this ion the steering wheels controls. Hope that helps.
Thanks
OceanWaves is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 12:38   #1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Drive modes can only be toggled with the centre console toggle switch where Drive and Terrain is mentioned. There is no option to toggle this ion the steering wheels controls. Hope that helps.
Thanks
I am really embarrassed to admit but you are right - I completely didn't notice the centre console button. Went to the workshop in Gurgaon and got the same answer Although the good part was I met the Tuscon service head at Safderjung Hyundai and he did a complete checkup. He was kind enough to share his number for any future issues.

Note to myself - spend more time in understanding the electronics, features and functions.
Ravi1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 14:31   #1303
BHPian

Hyundai is selling the MY23 Tucson with a discount of ₹1.5-2 lakhs right now.

Is there any disadvantage of buying an MY23 vehicle manufactured in Dec 2023 right now? More importantly, is there any specific advantage of buying an MY24 Tucson (without the discounts) in Jan 2024?
Old 7th December 2023, 15:09   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
Thanks for sharing the thread and Youtube link. It's super helpful. If I may ask, did you end up buying the VioFo A229 Plus or some other dashcam and how is your review of the same. Thanks
Hello there,

I recently bought Viofo A139 Pro.I am genuinely impressed with the product.If you're considering investing in a car dash cam, I highly recommend this model for its ease of installation and outstanding performance.

Thanks!
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 15:38   #1305

Hello there,

I have the AWD diesel Tucson and I have noticed some vibration coming from the foot area on the driver side whenever i turn the wheel towards left ( when the car is parked).
I feel this vibration every time I turn my steering towards left. It almost feels like that i am able to feel the steering rack moving under my left foot. This feeling is most prominent when my left foot is rested on the dead pedal. It's really strange as i have never felt this feeling in any other car that i have driven.

Does anyone else here also feel the same while turning the steering? Please let me know if it's common in the Tucson or i have to visit the service centre to get it checked up.

Thanks!

Most Viewed