Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 13:29   #1276
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearknob View Post
Thank you, I will talk to my SA about it. Did the service centre rectify it for you? My SA is struggling to find the issue and they have been just trying to ensure the dashboard parts are fixed as per specifications and there are no issues without identifying the issue.
No, I found it myself and got it removed by the cleaning staff where I have taken AMC for car cleaning (speedcarwash). It was under the dashboard on steering side.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 19:13   #1277
BHPian

So, I had my first scary experience with ADAS and the front collision avoiding braking system.

Usually ADAS has come in super handy for me, but recently I was driving on the Hardiwar-Dehradun highway and I noticed a car slowing down on the right-most lane (the lane I was driving on) little far ahead and I started slowing down but the ADAS system pushed the brakes bringing the car to solid stop around 10-15 meters behind the car. The sudden stop felt like we crashed on to something and fortunately there was no one behind us, otherwise one could have easily rear-ended us.

How has everyone's experience been with using ADAS?

On a side note, I'm planning on a long road trip and looking to add a few essential accessories to the car. Has anyone found any good window shades that are made for Tucson?
Another thing that I want to add is a dashcam. I'm planning to go with Qubo's Dash Cam Pro since it comes with all basic needs that I have. Anyone has experience with this one or has any recommendations. Thanks in advance.
theOneWhoRides is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 21:46   #1278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
Another thing that I want to add is a dashcam. I'm planning to go with Qubo's Dash Cam Pro since it comes with all basic needs that I have. Anyone has experience with this one or has any recommendations. Thanks in advance.
We have an exclusive thread for Dashcam here.

If you want to know how to install it in Tucson, this is the best video for it. I personally installed both front and rear camera for my Tucson following this video.

Last edited by Samurai : 27th November 2023 at 21:48.
Samurai is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 09:46   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangesh57 View Post
For those who feel that sound system in Tucson is not adequate, please try following equalizer settings:

treble: 6
mid: -5
bass: 10

Setting mid to negative was a game changer for me.. hope this helps!
I tried this in the morning, and the difference is night and day! This produces great acoustic separation and sounds really amazing.

sudiptaadhya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 10:25   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
Ona recent highway trip, I got the TurboJet Diesel from HPCL (which was at about 3 Rs premium to the normal Diesel). For the rest of the highway, the car gave an excellent fuel economy (marred a bit by the wait at one of the toll booths). Posting here for reference. I usually get my fuel from a CoCo BPCL that is close to my place. Has anyone used these on a regular basis, and find a difference in mileage and performance? Would love to know.

Hi, can you please share how you are able to change fuel consumption reading to KMPL from litre per 100 KM? I am not able to figure out settings for this.
Old 28th November 2023, 10:33   #1281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Hi, can you please share how you are able to change fuel consumption reading to KMPL from litre per 100 KM? I am not able to figure out settings for this.
Search for units in the HU. You can change it there.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 13:16   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Check these screenshots from app for this.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tucson-1.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tucson-2.jpg  

noyes99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 22:17   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
2. Audio System Upgrade by Speed Freaks, Chennai

To enhance the standard audio system , I consulted with Mr. Karthik at Speed Freaks in Chennai regarding a multi-stage upgrade to achieve a premium sound quality.

Stage 1 (April 2023): Sound Dampening
The first step was to install comprehensive sound dampening materials which improved
If you don't mind, can you please share the detailed item wise cost of the audio upgrade? And the actual gains/result that you achieved?

Last edited by Sheel : 1st December 2023 at 07:33. Reason: Please quote relevant sections of a post while replying. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2023, 23:18   #1284
BHPian

30.11.23 : My Tucson AWD Signature arrived in Kolkata yesterday and I was informed by the dealer that their PDI was being carried out at the stockyard. When I requested to witness the PDI I was told that customers are not allowed in the stockyard but they would arrange another PDI after the car is brought to the showroom.

So I went to the showroom today and saw the PDI which took about 45 minutes. Most of the PDI was actually carried out electronically. A Bluetooth scan device was connected to the OBD port of the car and a proprietary app on a tablet computer ran the entire PDI scan cycle.

I made full payment to the dealer but I have to wait for insurance, registration and fitment of license plate before I can take delivery.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4117.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4112.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-a59db57e79944fca8c579143334d6a96.jpeg
debuda is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 14:31   #1285
Team-BHP Support

Since yesterday my Tucson developed a new and respectful behavior towards me. It lights up the whole cabin whenever I enter the car, or switch off the car, at dark. Either at night or in the dimly lit basement.

This is a very useful feature, but I had not fiddled with any of the settings in last few days. How did it activate by itself? Then I remembered there was an OTA update on the information center display done yesterday. This was the 3rd OTA update in the last 10 days. Feels like I am driving a software car.
Samurai is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 15:15   #1286
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Since yesterday my Tucson developed a new and respectful behavior towards me. It lights up the whole cabin whenever I enter the car, or switch off the car, at dark. Either at night or in the dimly lit basement.
Isn’t it how the cabin lights work when they’re set to light up with door opening (central position of cabin light switch)? It lights up when one opens the door or the engine is turned off.

Last edited by ashis89 : 1st December 2023 at 15:17.
Old 1st December 2023, 15:32   #1287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Isn’t it how the cabin lights work when they’re set to light up with door opening (central position of cabin light switch)? It lights up when one opens the door or the engine is turned off.
In other cars, yes. But it was not happening in Tucson until yesterday. I suppose it was disabled by the dealership, and reverted to the default behavior after the OTA update.
Old 1st December 2023, 17:22   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If you want to know how to install it in Tucson, this is the best video for it. I personally installed both front and rear camera for my Tucson following this video.
Thanks for sharing the thread and youtube link. It's super helpful. If I may ask, did you end up buying the VioFo A229 Plus or some other dashcam and how is your review of the same. Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 21:11   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
If you don't mind, can you please share the detailed item wise cost of the audio upgrade? And the actual gains/result that you achieved?
Sure will share the details soon

Reg. the outcome/result it's much better compare to original
Old 3rd December 2023, 15:59   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
I don't know why some people here feel that the Bose audio set up of Tucson is not satisfactory. It is a very Good audio set up. Just tweak your equalizer settings and also let the speakers to burn in which needs atleast a 100 hours playback minimum....
I have never heard of burn in period for speakers, correct I don't think speakers have any kind of burn in period to start sounding good correct me if I am wrong
shadowhokage is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed