Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2023, 21:36   #1231

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hi when you say discounts of upto 2.5L, is this additional discount apart from Shield of trust package and insurance deductions? Or do you you mean total discount of 2.5L including deductions of Shield of trust (which I guess you have not opted it) and insurance deductions?

Many experts here say that a car which was manufactured 3 to 4 months back should not be considered as an old car...

1. Shield of trust would be additional if I opt for it (which is again should I go for it or not?)

2. 2.5L on total price (ex-showroom+fastag+tcs+Ins+crtm+acc+4th yr warranty).
OR
60K on total price (everything above but without insurance).

So now how should I go about this entire thing?
Old 13th November 2023, 21:43   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
1. Shield of trust would be additional if I opt for it (which is again should I go for it or not?)

2. 2.5L on total price (ex-showroom+fastag+tcs+Ins+crtm+acc+4th yr warranty).
OR
60K on total price (everything above but without insurance).

So now how should I go about this entire thing?
Then looks like the dealer is not offering you any extra suspicious discount which is a good thing. As per the feedback from people on Team BHP 4 months old vehicle given to you now should not cause any issue. But make sure to visit the stockyard after your car arrives and check the car and see if you can find anything which is unsatisfactory.

Am also awaiting my car to the stockyard. It should arrive by tomorrow. He asked me to come and check the car and after that he will proceed for registration after my go ahead confirmation...
Old 13th November 2023, 21:51   #1233

Quote:
Then looks like the dealer is not offering you any extra suspicious discount which is a good thing. As per the feedback from people on Team BHP 4 months old vehicle given to you now should not cause any issue. But make sure to visit the stockyard after your car arrives and check the car and see if you can find anything which is unsatisfactory.

Am also awaiting my car to the stockyard. It should arrive by tomorrow. He asked me to come and check the car and after that he will proceed for registration after my go ahead confirmation...
I don’t know but somehow I feel that if a car remains unused for this time, it may have developed some snags (battery or mechanical stuffs). This is what’s making me think hard. And still am in that dilemma. What is all that is to be checked at stockyard? Want some sure shot solution this entire thing.

Yours was readily available or you had to wait for it? What Color are you going in for? Can you dm the price tag that you got offered if you don’t mind? Have you opted for shield of trust?
Old 13th November 2023, 22:17   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
I don’t know but somehow I feel that if a car remains unused for this time, it may have developed some snags (battery or mechanical stuffs). This is what’s making me think hard. And still am in that dilemma. What is all that is to be checked at stockyard? Want some sure shot solution this entire thing.

Yours was readily available or you had to wait for it? What Color are you going in for? Can you dm the price tag that you got offered if you don’t mind? Have you opted for shield of trust?
Snags should not be an issue in such a short period of time according to me but any experts here if they give clarity on this would be a great thing. I went with the Starry Night Color.

Unable to send you DM. Regarding the insurance, the total Quoted insurance was reduced by 80K as they matched other vendors. I did not opt for the Shield of Trust which was around 90K here in Bengaluru. Went with them only because of Hyundai Assurance Program. Hyundai has tie up with top insurance providers.

Last edited by OceanWaves : 13th November 2023 at 22:33. Reason: B2B posts
OceanWaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 22:43   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Got delivery of my Tucson Platinum (Petrol) last month (upgraded from Jeep Compass Petrol). Overall the experience has been very good. Petrol engine is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Yes, it doesn't have that punch, but, no car is perfect. It's buttery smooth, silent and a very good place to be in. LWB results in enormous leg room for all passengers and it's comfortable for 5 full sized adults.

However, I'm really disappointed with the BOSE music system. It has absolutely no soul and substance. Looking to upgrade it as I think a good music system is a must. I'm based in South Delhi, so if anyone has any recommendations for music system / dealer, please let me know. It would be a great help!

Thanks in advance. Let me know if any potential buyer has any questions, would be happy to help/
Hi

Allow the speakers to burn in. They need atleast a 100hrs play time to open up and sound their best.
Old 14th November 2023, 09:39   #1236
BHPian

@Peacefull one more thing which the dealer mentioned to me was that Tucson is a Premium car and a CKD unit. So Hyundai has already assembled and kept at their plant a few months ago. So for this year that stock will be enough for them.
Coming to our discussion, Tucson is not like other Hyundai cars where higher units are sold in a short period of time so fresh stock will be more frequently manufactured and allocated. Also since Tucson was launched last year, maybe only the early owners got same month manufactured car. But as I told you 4 months old manufactured car should not be an issue.
Hyundai also has a specific limited target for Tucson in India atleast for now. In your case 4 months old manufactured car is not an issue at all. And also just because the car was lying idle for 3 to 4 months it doesn't mean the mechanicals and other parts might be damaged. After you car arrives ask your dealer to arrange so you can have a look at the vehicle before it is registered.

It would be nice if other Tucson owners comment here about how many months old manufactured car they were allocated.

Last edited by OceanWaves : 14th November 2023 at 09:40. Reason: Mistake
OceanWaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 10:17   #1237
BHPian

[quote=Peacefull;5660815]
Quote:

But do you all think the darker shade will become dull over sometime?
Also do you think I should buy a stock car (June 2023)? Getting discounts of about 2-2.5L so making me think over it.
1- Any color will become dull over time, some more some less. Having a covered parking helps.
I’m not very fond of ppf because of their high initial cost.
I have a 5 year old red verna and I get it detailed and polished once a year ( 3M charges around 6-8k) which helps maintain the shade in pristine condition. Attaching a photo for your reference. My neighbor has the original Creta in the exact red shade, and due to lack of maintenance it looks like it was bought 20 years ago.

2- Regarding the discount, Tucson being expensive, is a slow selling car so it’s not unusual to get a 5/6 month old model. Discounts are again offered for the same reason. Lots of Audi buyers here have mentioned buying their A4 at mouth watering prices
I think you should go ahead with the purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_6387.jpeg  

Eco_boost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 19:44   #1238

Just got delivery of the Tucson Diesel Signature model on Dhanteras. Booked two days before because the dealership gave a huge discount of 3.05 lakhs on a stock car which they had since April. Was sceptical about the stock car, so did a thorough PDI before taking the delivery.
This is the first diesel car in our family and we were really scared about lag issues, but to our pleasant surprise, the engine is very refined and powerful. Don’t live in NCR, so the ten year thing shouldn’t affect us, hopefully.
The ADAS features were scary at first, but after driving it extensively for the last three days in all kinds of traffic, with ADAS active, I feel it is not at all intrusive. The blind spot and a gazillion warnings might be scary at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly.
All in all, a pretty decent buy.
I have one question though- where do I buy genuine accessories, and is a dash cam part of it?
Utkarsh1907 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 20:55   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post

However, I believe that if goverment does not offer any tax benefits on Hybrid, this tech would remain limited only to premium offerings for next 3-4 years.

Any Hybrid would command a significant premium over ICE counterparts. Hence, until government is not ready to pave way towards it, auto industry would be fine offering affordable ICEs in their mainstream offerings. (assuming that Petroleum prices do not sky rocket in a next few years)
Fully agree with you. I heard that a powerful lobby of indigenous automakers is opposing any tax benefits to hybrids because none of them have been able to master the hybrid technology themselves. Without tax benefits it does not make sense for global automakers to sell proper hybrids in India. Volvo, Audi, etc, are selling 'mild hybrids' which have puny 48V batteries in the boot which merely 'assist' the petrol engine and start-stop functions by harvesting some energy through regenerative braking and marginally increase the fuel economy.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 16:53   #1240
Team-BHP Support

I got my Tucson AWD delivered yesterday. But, no joy.

Car was available for delivery a while ago. But I didn't want to take delivery until 15th, so that there is no scramble at the last moment. But it happened anyway. The full payment was made on November 8th. So one week was ample time to get everything in place I thought.

Meanwhile, I had returned from my last trip to Udupi in a friend's XL6, as my Grand Vitara was in the workshop awaiting a slave clutch replacement. That means I had to return the XL6 before 15th to free up the parking for the Tucson. So I drove back to Udupi on 13th, returned the XL6, picked up the Vitara and returned back to Bangalore via flight on 14th. And I need to be back in Udupi on 18th, because I have a series of meetings and events. Naturally I assumed I will be driving back with the Tucson.

Originally the dealer had claimed that they don't deliver without HSRP plates. However, until 14th there was no sign of HSRP plates or even my registration number. But on 14th evening I was assured that the registration and plates will ready before delivery at 11:30am.

However, the plates were not ready even until 11am on Nov 15th. Now what? Then the dealer suggests I take the delivery, and the plates will be delivered by next day. So I took delivery yesterday and drove home with the car. Wife wants to go out on a long drive with family, but I insist on waiting until we get the HSRP plate.

Today when I followed up regarding the plates, I get the bad news. Vahan portal is down, so they can't register the car. In fact, the portal may not be up until Monday. Until today I was under the impression that the payment and registration is done, only the plates are pending. Now I hear that neither payment nor registration is done. So, I can't take the car on the road.

They say the Vahan portal is down for all dealers in Karnataka. Therefore, no one is getting the cars registered all over Karnataka since yesterday, until 20th.

Now I have to fly instead of driving, and fly back again. Until this week, I had taken only 3 flights since the pandemic started. Now I get to fly 3 times in 10 days. Meanwhile, the brand-new Tucson gets to stay in the parking lot untouched for next few days.
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 18:28   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I got my Tucson AWD delivered yesterday. But, no joy.

I guess if you had known you could have organised temporary registration plates. Is this not a thing anymore?
Old 16th November 2023, 19:12   #1242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I guess if you had known you could have organised temporary registration plates. Is this not a thing anymore?
No, it is not. In Karnataka there is no temp registration anymore. The dealer must pay road tax, and get the permanent registration and put HSRP plates before delivering. This vahan portal problem screwed up everything.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 22:03   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
No, it is not. In Karnataka there is no temp registration anymore. The dealer must pay road tax, and get the permanent registration and put HSRP plates before delivering. This vahan portal problem screwed up everything.
Hi

As per my knowledge, there is an option to obtain temporary registration in Karnataka and it is valid for 1 Month.
Old 16th November 2023, 23:19   #1244
Team-BHP Support

This is what happened: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../105248031.cms

Quote:
As per my knowledge, there is an option to obtain temporary registration in Karnataka and it is valid for 1 Month.
If you read the above article, it says:

Name:  Screenshot 20231116 231805.png
Views: 546
Size:  24.4 KB

According to the new guidelines, they are to get the permanent registration.
Old 17th November 2023, 02:54   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
This vahan portal problem screwed up everything.
Seems like your dealer dilly dallying screwed things up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks