Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2023, 06:02   #1216
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquizzitive View Post
Guys, I will get my vehicle delivered next week. Is there anyone in Thane who can volunteer to join for the PDI ?
Regards,
Anshul
Try https://zekardo.com/. Very detailed check list for PDI. In Delhi , it was a smooth experience for my Verna.
Teambhp users review here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ervices-2.html (Zekardo : Pre-Delivery Inspection Services)
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 00:00   #1217
BHPian

Hi

I was just looking at a few videos of Tucson with Matte Finish PPF. Tucson looked Stunning and a class above with Matte PPF. While I understand that Matte PPF will show the original car color but with a nice satin like finish, I would like to know disadvantages of a Matte PPF. How difficult is the maintenance of the Matte PPF?

Thanks in advance
Old 8th November 2023, 18:58   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
- XUV 700 and Tucson Diesel cannot be compared, different segments.
- Tucson Diesel is more refined with gear changes not felt and pickup is very smooth. XUV is jerky shifts and lags every now and then.
- Even at 100, Tucson feels like it has lot of energy in reserve but XUV feels like it's nearing its upper range. Note, I drive Tucson on normal mode as Sports mode is too much for me.
- XUV is 7 speed AT vs 8 speed in Tucson. While number of gears is no criteria for success but in Tucson tuning of gears to engine power is kind of perfect.
I am sorry to say that your observations are absolutely wrong in general about the 700. However, you might be right based on the specific car that your friend owns.

- 700 and Tucson are in overlapping segments. Remember, Tucson is expensive only because it is a CKD. Of course both are different in various parameters with its own pros and cons.
- I had a good 200km+ drive (in the passenger seat) in the 700 in the city as well as highway. I did not feel any jerk at all. However, when it comes to refinement and NVH, Tucson is definitely way better than 700.
- You are comparing 2.2L, 183bhp, 450Nm to a 2L, 184bhp, 416Nm engine. So irrespective of the weight, the 700 has enough power on tap. Especially on the ZOOM mode. But 700 is slower in 0-100 because of the weight difference.
- I agree with this. Tucson's 8-speed is better tuned than the 700's 6-speed TC. But the difference is marginal only.

Now, regarding your observation, if it is true, then it is a serious concern. Your friend may own a lemon. Please ask your friend to take it to the SC immediately to address all those. If not, it will ONLY become worse with time.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 14:21   #1219

Hello to all the fellow bhpians!

Planning to buy Tucson and have following queries:
1. Which colour is easier to maintain: White or Starry Night?
2. Will be buying it on cr-temp basis from a Mumbai showroom and will go for UT registration. What amount will the bank loan cover-up? Will it cover the invoice amount only or can add other items viz registration charges etc to it?
3. My running will be a mix of highway and city in the ratio of 60% highway and rest in the city. What should be the preferred fuel variant. Yearly mileage clocks around ~10k kms for now. So petrol signature or diesel platinum?

Your valuable inputs will surely help me get through the dilemma. Thanks in advance!
Old 9th November 2023, 16:23   #1220

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Try https://zekardo.com/. Very detailed check list for PDI. In Delhi , it was a smooth experience for my Verna.
Teambhp users review here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ervices-2.html (Zekardo : Pre-Delivery Inspection Services)
Thanks. Contacting Zekardo team was smooth and their engineer spent a good 70-80 mins inspecting the vehicle

Hello Everyone,

Need a suggestion regarding the warranty :

1. Is it possible to modify the original warranty of 3 years and 1 lakh kms to 5 years and 60k kms ?
2. If not, is it recommended to purchase extended warranty for 4th & 5th year?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Anshul

Last edited by Sheel : 9th November 2023 at 16:31. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 9th November 2023, 16:30   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I am sorry to say that your observations are absolutely wrong in general about the 700. However, you might be right based on the specific car that your friend owns.

- 700 and Tucson are in overlapping segments. Remember, Tucson is expensive only because it is a CKD. Of course both are different in various parameters with its own pros and cons.
- I had a good 200km+ drive (in the passenger seat) in the 700 in the city as well as highway. I did not feel any jerk at all. However, when it comes to refinement and NVH, Tucson is definitely way better than 700.

Now, regarding your observation, if it is true, then it is a serious concern. Your friend may own a lemon. Please ask your friend to take it to the SC immediately to address all those. If not, it will ONLY become worse with time.
Thanks for sharing your inputs. Having owned a XUV700 Diesel for 6 months before moving on to Tucson, my experience has been poles apart. I also experienced sluggish performance and I could feel all gear shifts which were very prominent at the lower speeds. I also thought I probably got a lemon so I took it (twice) to get it checked, only to be told that everything is normal with the car. I don't know if a certain batch of cars are experiencing these issue.
theOneWhoRides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 18:31   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
Thanks for sharing your inputs. Having owned a XUV700 Diesel for 6 months before moving on to Tucson, my experience has been poles apart. I also experienced sluggish performance and I could feel all gear shifts which were very prominent at the lower speeds. I also thought I probably got a lemon so I took it (twice) to get it checked, only to be told that everything is normal with the car. I don't know if a certain batch of cars are experiencing these issue.
Feeling gear shifts is totally different from jerking gear shifts. Feeling gear shifts (especially lower gear shifts) is absolutely normal. I feel that even in Tucson, especially during hard acceleration. AFAIK (at least from this forum), sluggish performance is not a known/common issue/concern of 700.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 07:54   #1223
BHPian

Hi

Has anyone changed their tyres on their Tucson? I was planning to look at the Michelin brand but I've seen people say that Michelin's tyres are soft and are more prone to punctures...is it true?
Which are the best ones?
Old 10th November 2023, 09:05   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hi

Has anyone changed their tyres on their Tucson? I was planning to look at the Michelin brand but I've seen people say that Michelin's tyres are soft and are more prone to punctures...is it true?
Which are the best ones?
My 700 is on Michelin Primacy SUV+ from day 1, its been a little over an year and ~15k kms into it and I would highly recommend this or PS4 if you are looking for a low noise and a comfy ride. Its on the pricier side due to limited imports and also getting a single tyre replacements incase of sidewall damage etc may be challenging.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 09:12   #1225
BHPian

[quote=Peacefull;5658710]Hello to all the fellow bhpians!

3. My running will be a mix of highway and city in the ratio of 60% highway and rest in the city. What should be the preferred fuel variant. Yearly mileage clocks around ~10k kms for now. So petrol signature or diesel platinum?QUOTE]

1- White will be easier for any car, however in my opinion white doesn’t suit the Tucson. Go for darker colors.
3- Irrespective of your running, in case of Tucson, diesel should be our default choice
Eco_boost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 09:35   #1226
BHPian

[quote=Eco_boost;5659159]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
Hello to all the fellow bhpians!

3. My running will be a mix of highway and city in the ratio of 60% highway and rest in the city. What should be the preferred fuel variant. Yearly mileage clocks around ~10k kms for now. So petrol signature or diesel platinum?QUOTE]

1- White will be easier for any car, however in my opinion white doesn’t suit the Tucson. Go for darker colors.
3- Irrespective of your running, in case of Tucson, diesel should be our default choice
Yes I agree to your point that the darker colors suit Tucson more than the lighter colors. I shortlisted both Black and Starry Night Color and finally decided to go with the Starry Night Color as it is black in most of the angles along with deep blue shades in certain angles such as in sunlight etc etc. So we can have like a dual shade color.
Old 13th November 2023, 15:29   #1227

[quote=OceanWaves;5659174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_boost View Post

Yes I agree to your point that the darker colors suit Tucson more than the lighter colors. I shortlisted both Black and Starry Night Color and finally decided to go with the Starry Night Color as it is black in most of the angles along with deep blue shades in certain angles such as in sunlight etc etc. So we can have like a dual shade color.
Thank you for the prompt response. Yes you are right and absolutely agree on that @oceanWaves and @Eco_boost

But do you all think the darker shade will become dull over sometime? Like if you remember how good the purple color of the Verna looked wow when new but then you know how it becomes dull and pale.

Also do you think I should buy a stock car (June 2023)? Getting discounts of about 2-2.5L so making me think over it. If yes then what are the must check points and how do I make sure the car is good in all aspects?
Old 13th November 2023, 20:03   #1228
BHPian

[quote=Peacefull;5660815]
Quote:

Thank you for the prompt response. Yes you are right and absolutely agree on that @oceanWaves and @Eco_boost

But do you all think the darker shade will become dull over sometime? Like if you remember how good the purple color of the Verna looked wow when new but then you know how it becomes dull and pale.

Also do you think I should buy a stock car (June 2023)? Getting discounts of about 2-2.5L so making me think over it. If yes then what are the must check points and how do I make sure the car is good in all aspects?
Hi

If you plan to get Ceramic coating or PPF then you shouldn't worry much about the paint fading.

Also why are they giving you discount of upto 2.5L for June 2023 make? Is June 2023 make too old for current November month? Kindly clarify.
OceanWaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 20:25   #1229

Quote:
Hi

If you plan to get Ceramic coating or PPF then you shouldn't worry much about the paint fading.

Also why are they giving you discount of upto 2.5L for June 2023 make? Is June 2023 make too old for current November month? Kindly clarify.
1. Any recommended reasonably good vendor in Mumbai for ceramic and ppf coating? Also how much would they charge?

2. As far as pricing is concerned, Yes exactly why is my question to the Bhpian experts (for the deep discounting) to give me some guidelines as to how do I go about it. During my conversation with the SA when I sounded disinterested because of the June model, the SA himself said that it’s June model and not so old… Hence now I have this query in my mind which is giving me double thoughts for the discounts that’s been offered to me which is close to 2.5l which I am sure he will go even more (about 25-30k) which will be quite an amount! This is for if I go with insurance from their side. For self insurance the discount is somewhere around 60-70k.
Should I wait for the new model or go with the june model considering the discount being provided.

3. Also will the 2024 model be pricier than current one? Should I go for 2024 model only now or what?
Old 13th November 2023, 20:48   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
1. Any recommended reasonably good vendor in Mumbai for ceramic and ppf coating? Also how much would they charge?

2. As far as pricing is concerned, Yes exactly why is my question to the Bhpian experts (for the deep discounting) to give me some guidelines as to how do I go about it. During my conversation with the SA when I sounded disinterested because of the June model, the SA himself said that it’s June model and not so old… Hence now I have this query in my mind which is giving me double thoughts for the discounts that’s been offered to me which is close to 2.5l which I am sure he will go even more (about 25-30k) which will be quite an amount! This is for if I go with insurance from their side. For self insurance the discount is somewhere around 60-70k.
Should I wait for the new model or go with the june model considering the discount being provided.

3. Also will the 2024 model be pricier than current one? Should I go for 2024 model only now or what?
Hi when you say discounts of upto 2.5L, is this additional discount apart from Shield of trust package and insurance deductions? Or do you you mean total discount of 2.5L including deductions of Shield of trust (which I guess you have not opted it) and insurance deductions?

Many experts here say that a car which was manufactured 3 to 4 months back should not be considered as an old car...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks