Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 08:12   #1186
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hi

Booked the New Tucson AWD Diesel Signature on Monday. Went with the Starry Night color as this color has a mix of 2 shades, black and deep blue.

Any Starry night owners here? Would love to hear their feedback on how the color is holding up
I have the previous gen starry. And I was stupid enough to get PPF.
The paint still looks awesome, particularly at some angles, even after almost 2 years and the PPF, which shows aging.
My recommendation would be to avoid the PPF.

When I bought it, this color was exclusive to the Tucson. Now it’s even available on i20 and probably on i10 as well.
If I had to buy today, I would probably go for the greenish one that they offer.
gary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 08:38   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I have the previous gen starry. And I was stupid enough to get PPF.
The paint still looks awesome, particularly at some angles, even after almost 2 years and the PPF, which shows aging.
My recommendation would be to avoid the PPF.

When I bought it, this color was exclusive to the Tucson. Now it’s even available on i20 and probably on i10 as well.
If I had to buy today, I would probably go for the greenish one that they offer.
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I was planning to get the PPF done for the starry night color but after your feedback, need to give it a second thought.

The greenish color which you are referring to is the Amazon Grey color. This color is good which is a mix of medium green color tint and grey color. I specifically wanted to go for the darker color because I felt the Tucson looks best in its darker shades. So between the Black and the Starry Night, I went with the Starry Night 😊
Old 26th October 2023, 08:42   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I was planning to get the PPF done for the starry night color but after your feedback, need to give it a second thought.
Starry is a great color. Absolutely no doubts.

As far as the PPF goes, check out a vehicle with PPF that is a couple of years old if possible. Congrats on your purchase.
gary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 09:05   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Starry is a great color. Absolutely no doubts.

As far as the PPF goes, check out a vehicle with PPF that is a couple of years old if possible. Congrats on your purchase.
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Sure will try and check that out if possible.
Old 26th October 2023, 10:49   #1190
BHPian

Ona recent highway trip, I got the TurboJet Diesel from HPCL (which was at about 3 Rs premium to the normal Diesel). For the rest of the highway, the car gave an excellent fuel economy (marred a bit by the wait at one of the toll booths). Posting here for reference. I usually get my fuel from a CoCo BPCL that is close to my place. Has anyone used these on a regular basis, and find a difference in mileage and performance? Would love to know.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tucson.jpg  

noyes99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 19:57   #1191
Team-BHP Support

After sticking with Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD for almost 16 years, I am finally making the big switch. I was planning to wait for few more months, but recently GV had to stay in the workshop multiple times waiting for parts. So my wife decided we won't wait anymore.

I recently booked a Hyundai Tucson Signature AT Diesel 4WD in Amazon Gray. Dealer says the car is allocated; I am waiting for PDI slot. They gave me only the 17 digit VIN, the *[X] at the end is still awaited.

Why Tucson? Well, I didn't want to give up my hard earned 4WD spurs. I know Tucson is no hard core 4WD, but it should be able to manage anything GV could handle. Also, I wanted to stick with CBU/CKD category. That literally meant I had just 3 choices, VW Tiguan, Skoda Kodiaq and Hyundai Tucson. There is no Kodiaq below 50L in Karnataka anymore since they have discontinued the lowest variant. So, that was too expensive. Tiguan was almost the same price as Tucson, but the infamous DSG gearbox really worried me. Same would apply for the Kodiaq too. Meanwhile the 8-speed TC on the Tucson really puts the mind at ease.

For me, the only sticking point in Tucson is the ADAS, which has to be changed from assist to warn mode every time. I hope Hyundai would provide an update in future to keep the settings intact after every restart.
Samurai is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 16:24   #1192
BHPian

Hello Samurai,

We also own Hyundai Tucson Signature AT Diesel 4WD that too in the same shade of Amazon Gray that you have booked. I must say the car is a looker and is the best of the choice from its segment according to our requirements.

Coming to the reasons that you have mentioned for finalizing the Tucson, I think you are absolutely right. As for the off-roading capabilities it has fared better than the Tiguan and XUV700 in the Autocar India's Off-roading test of 2023.

Also when we had to make the decision between the Tucson and the Tiguan, I was ready to slide the infamous DSG gearbox issue cases aside, but now it really feels like we have one less thing to worry about as someone getting a car worth almost 40Lacs doesn't want to worry about reliability issues at all.

All the best on the purchase and I hope your PDI goes well.

On a side note, I would like to share this amazing Matte PPF'ed Amazon Gray that was shared with me by one of my friends on the gram, it was done by a workshop called Brotomotive. I think it enhanced the sportiness of the car and made it look classier at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-matte_ppfed_gray_tucson.jpg  

Mahin_P21 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 16:56   #1193
BHPian

I was going through Tucson's specs on the Hyundai India website and the Petrol engine's specs surprised me. How come the flagship car has a lower spec engine (154 Bhp/192 Nm) than segment below cars like Alcazar/Seltos(158 Bhp/253 Nm) ? Would like to know Hyundai's rationale behind this.
Old 28th October 2023, 17:50   #1194
BHPian

Hi

Ive seen some people here say like the Bose audio system on the Tucson is not up to the mark and is ordinary. But I feel they are missing the point of Speakers Burn In concept. Speakers need some time to open themselves and to come to their full potential and sound nice. They need atleast 100hrs of playback to get to Burn In. Also spending some time and fiddling with the inbuilt sound settings should help you achieve a nice Sound.
Personally I feel the Bose sound system on the Tucson is very good although I’m awaiting the delivery of my Tucson. I’ve tested the sound system a lot on the showroom vehicles and the test drive vehicles.
OceanWaves is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 20:26   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After sticking with Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD for almost 16 years, I am finally making the big switch.

I recently booked a Hyundai Tucson Signature AT Diesel 4WD in Amazon Gray. Dealer says the car is allocated; .
Congrats. I am looking to have to switch by 2026 end. Please do post a detailed review as a fresh thread. With comparisons vis a vis the Grand Vitara.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2023 at 05:08. Reason: Abbreviation
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 18:57   #1196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
I got dashcam installed. Purchased In Flipkart sale. Said no to Flipkart installation and got it installed at Bosch service near my house. Very professional work I would say. No exposed wires, no cutting no tapes. All plug and play. Attaching photos for reference.
This is very nice. I want a similar installation of the dashcam on my Tucson. Which Bosch car service center is this?
Old 29th October 2023, 21:02   #1197

Hello Everyone,

I have booked the Signature petrol variant and will be soon joining the Team BHP Tucson family . I have couple of questions for the experts:

1. What accessories should I take apart from the basic ones, like mats, mud pads and number plates ?
2. Should I get any kind of coating done from the dealership or should I wait for some months ?

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards,
inquizzitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:18   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is very nice. I want a similar installation of the dashcam on my Tucson. Which Bosch car service center is this?
This is the place:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sh...g%2F11c59_s36r

All the best!
Old 1st November 2023, 14:08   #1199

Hi, everyone!

I am on the verge of confirming the booking for Tucson Diesel.

Usage of this car would be on city roads and typical highways for ~98% of time and on non-existent/hairy hilly roads for ~2% of time.

The only blocker I have at the moment is my confusiom about advantages of AWD over FWD.

As I understand, HTRAC is a typical central differential AWD that works with open differentials in front and rear axles and controls the torque to individual wheels via brakes. It can also lock the differential for 50-50 front-rear torque split till speeds of <60 km/h (?)

So my questions on Tucson's HTRAC-AWD are:

1. Does it makes a difference to on-tarmac ride?
2. Does it improves the high speed cornering stability?
3. What are the performance and technical differences (high level) between HTRAC, 4MOTION (Tiguan, Kodiaq), and Jeep's 4WD (compass)?
4. Does the increased complexity from HTRAC affects durability? And, is it worth it?

Would super appreciate your thoughts and advice.
DesertRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 16:28   #1200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post
As I understand, HTRAC is a typical central differential AWD that works with open differentials in front and rear axles and controls the torque to individual wheels via brakes.
No, that's not it. In fact, there is no center differential, which is usually present in full-time 4WD vehicle.

HTRAC is a bit mysterious system, Hyundai doesn't really give a technical diagram anywhere. Effectively, it has a center clutch, which is electronically controlled to send different torque splits based on various sensor inputs.

Last edited by Samurai : 1st November 2023 at 16:30.
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks