Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2023, 11:30   #1171
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Congratulations!! what a lovely writeup, I wish you many miles of happy driving!!
Old 18th October 2023, 12:21   #1172
BHPian

What made you consider this over the XUV700? Was it refinement or were there other factors?
Old 18th October 2023, 15:17   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post

However, I'm really disappointed with the BOSE music system. It has absolutely no soul and substance. Looking to upgrade it as I think a good music system is a must. I'm based in South Delhi, so if anyone has any recommendations for music system / dealer, please let me know. It would be a great help!
The speakers need at least 100 hours of playback to burn-in. Wait for some time and they will open up. Move the fader to the front that will improve staging by a lot.
Old 18th October 2023, 16:20   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
It was summer of 2014 ......
I think it was summer of 2022
Summers really change your life. Thank you for the lovely write up. It was a good read and I really enjoyed it. Was able to relate to many quotes there like you will be driving so you choose and the You Live Only Once.

Once again thank you for the nice write up. It was entertaining and I like how you spoke with your Hyundai SA saying you would have been there for a service instead of next door.

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th October 2023 at 17:08. Reason: Poorly typed post; limiting smileys to 2. Please read the forum rules again before proceeding. Thank you.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 20:38   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Sweet write up, I am sure Tucson will keep you and family happy for long long time.

Curious to know the difference between XUV and Tucson since both are diesels and XUV700 diesel also is one of the most refined engines out there(I haven’t tried Tucson though).
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 22:46   #1176
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car!
Enjoy to the fullest every single drive, every twist and turn. All the very best!

With all due respect to you and your family, I wish to convey something here.

Firstly, you broke the tradition of getting Maruti in the family and got Hyundai. Now you started a new tradition of getting only Hyundai for your family.

Quote:
Am sure you must have guessed it by now that I wasn't looking anywhere besides Hyundai,...
So, we asked for one final test drive around where we live and usually drive, and the next day we welcomed the 2nd Hyundai to our family.
I think our i20 was destined to have another Hyundai sibling. Here they're together, like one happy family.
Secondly, as a staunch fan of Sherlock Holmes, I also believe the one character mentioned in your write-up, is fictional.

And that should be your wife. An Indian wife... giving you the complete choice, not concerned about financial hit and believing in YOLO!... unreal!

I hope that as a co-driver she is a brilliant navigator for you in your car rallies around the world.

Quote:
I asked my wife if she had any preference and these were her exact words - You'll be the one driving, so you get to pick the car. Best answer right?
Quote:
We knew it'll be a stretch (on budget) but when we looked at each other, we knew we both had our hearts on the i20. We paid the 10K booking amount and walked out of the showroom with a huge smiles on our faces. Love makes you do crazy thing, isn't it?
Quote:
I was scared to talk about my plans with my wife but when I told her that I'm thinking about trading the XUV for Tucson, she tells me that she isn't surprised and she knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I was definitely concerned about the financial hit I'll get by selling a almost new car, but she is definitely among those who believe in YOLO (You Only Live Once) and she told me that I should just go for it, as long as am sure that I would love driving it.
Briarean is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 05:16   #1177
BHPian

What a lovely write-up and congratulations for making your dream come true by going for what your heart says!
Happy motoring! Munch more miles and mountains.
FueledbyFury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 00:17   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Congratulations on your new Tucson. Happy and safe motoring!
A small correction though - Tucson is NOT 4WD. It's AWD. I am highlight this to you only to make sure that you are aware of its (AWD's) limitations when you venture outdoors.
Oh you're right. Thanks for flagging. I'll definitely be testing the limitations of AWD very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryaj1990 View Post
What made you consider this over the XUV700? Was it refinement or were there other factors?
I think engine refinement was definitely one of the major factor. Tucson's engine picks up speed very naturally and at times you don't even feel the gear shift. I don't know if it was just me, but XUV's engine was little too noisy for my taste. There were a few small niggles/issues with the infotainment system which had me frustrated at times, but I wouldn't complain about it much. So, definitely engine refinement was one big factor for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Sweet write up, I am sure Tucson will keep you and family happy for long long time.

Curious to know the difference between XUV and Tucson since both are diesels and XUV700 diesel also is one of the most refined engines out there(I haven’t tried Tucson though).
Like I mentioned above, I felt a huge difference in the drive of both the cars. Give Tucson a test drive and I bet you'll feel the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarean View Post
Congratulations on your new car!
Enjoy to the fullest every single drive, every twist and turn. All the very best!

With all due respect to you and your family, I wish to convey something here.

Firstly, you broke the tradition of getting Maruti in the family and got Hyundai. Now you started a new tradition of getting only Hyundai for your family.
I think my family has evolved since then and is more open to change now, all thanks to the i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarean View Post
Secondly, as a staunch fan of Sherlock Holmes, I also believe the one character mentioned in your write-up, is fictional.

And that should be your wife. An Indian wife... giving you the complete choice, not concerned about financial hit and believing in YOLO!... unreal!

I hope that as a co-driver she is a brilliant navigator for you in your car rallies around the world.
Haha, as fictional as it might seem but she is definitely real. I don't think I would have taken the plunge without her support (or approval rather); I've been told to not comment on her online shopping in return though. Haha

Finally, Thanks everyone for the kind words.
theOneWhoRides is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 13:58   #1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

Tucson's Diesel engine is a gem. Just give it a try and you'll fall in love with it. I drove 10k+ km in my AWD in 4 months. The refinement level and power delivery is way more than many luxury brands
Rika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 14:41   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
I believe labor is free and consumables are chargeable. Let me know if its otherwise.

So I bought last gen New Tucson Diesel in June last year and in that service booklet says service till 30k free.

I just got my 1st year service done with consumables totally free.
heydj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 13:10   #1181
BHPian

Autocar has suggested Tucson is the most capable AWD Crossover in their 2023 Off-Road day!!
Rahkehs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 14:30   #1182

Hi, Guys,

I am searching for a long term Car for my parents and Tucson seems to be a good fit despite some small misses like good intensity headlamps, rear roll-up sunshades etc.

Would appreciate if someone who has recently bought a Tucson or inquired about one could share info about:

1. Range of discounts being offered by dealers on Tucson Signature Diesel
2. Expected time of next feature updates or facelift for Tucson in India

Thanks!
Old 23rd October 2023, 18:09   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Tucson is the most capable AWD Crossover in their 2023 Off-Road day!!
Saw this video yesterday, and made me wonder, if I shouldve taken AWD. Afterall, the differential between and AWD and Signature wasnt so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post
1. Range of discounts being offered by dealers on Tucson Signature Diesel
2. Expected time of next feature updates or facelift for Tucson in India

Thanks!
A dealer came back to me with a 1.5 lakh discount on Tuscon, but unfortunately, I had already purchased it.

Hyundai does not update its CKDs very often, Kona came in 2019 and hasnt been updated. I dont think Tucson would get an update anytime soon. Definitely not before mid 2025
noyes99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 20:05   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
It was summer of 2014 when me and my wife decided that it's time for us to bring our first car home. A car fanatic, who would (as a kid) ride the bicycle for kilometres to get a glimpse of any new car that would come to my small home town, buying a car myself
Sometimes I wonder that what is it in this community that keeps me and so many others glued to it in day in day out basis. Is it only the endless discussions on car reviwes, awesome travelogues or all the other informative sections and threads? So, whenever posts like this turn up I tell myself, wow! What a beautiful piece of writing.

Keep smiling and keep driving!!
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 17:56   #1185
BHPian

Hi

Booked the New Tucson AWD Diesel Signature on Monday. Went with the Starry Night color as this color has a mix of 2 shades, black and deep blue.

Any Starry night owners here? Would love to hear their feedback on how the color is holding up

Most Viewed