Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Hyundai Tucson prices hiked by up to Rs. 48,000
Source: https://www.carwale.com/news/hyundai...p-to-rs-48000/
Attached Images

aseem23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 13:47   #1097

Dear Tuscon Owners,

Yesterday I went to the main dealer's yard in another city to see my vehicle. It took 10 days to arrive after booking.
While I inspected my vehicle the day before yesterday, I wasn't able to complete a detailed inspection due to heavy rain, but the fit and finish and engine sound felt fine. In addition, I noticed the car manufactured date is June 2023 as per VIN and with the tires as April 2023, and the ODO reading was 8 km. The SA confirmed that they are yet to perform dealership PDI. As there will be a gap of 3 days between payment and delivery, I am worried about what the ODO reading for delivery time will be. I will be making the final payment for registration tomorrow (23rd August 2023). What is an acceptable ODO reading?

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-t5.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-t3.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-t4.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-t1.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-t6.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-t2.jpg

The delivery will take place at the main dealership on Sunday (27th August 2023). Apart from their test drive vehicle, there are no other Tucson in the dealership. Should I be checking anything to ensure smooth experiences?
kazama98 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 14:04   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazama98 View Post
D What is an acceptable ODO reading?
Usually under 100 is ok. I had mine at 65.
Old 24th August 2023, 15:34   #1099
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazama98 View Post
Dear Tuscon Owners,
What is an acceptable ODO reading?
Hey, Mine was 25 km when I went to do the PDI, and post PDI I did the test drive of 10 km with the SA. I think your tires also look fine.
Old 24th August 2023, 21:34   #1100

Thanks @aseem23 and noyes99 for your replies and confirming that everything looks fine just one more update today unexpectedly SA told us we need to take a picture with the car in order to obtain a TR. So we were scheduled to reach at the dealership in demo tucson but I requested that they drop us off back in our new car so now we will pick up the delivery from the local dealership 3km away on Sunday ��
Old 26th August 2023, 09:18   #1101
BHPian

Hello to all

Will be booking the Tucson 4WD Diesel Signature. I have few questions :

1. Which is the best looking color for Tucson in the colours of Amazon Grey, Abyss Black Pearl, Starry Night and Fiery Red Dual Tone. I’ve shortlisted these 4 colors and am unable to decide on which color to take.

2. What actually is the fact about maintaining a Black color?The black color on the Tucson looks so amazing. If I choose the black color Il surely get the PPF done. I’ve seen many black color cars lose its shine and look which looks dull. Will having PPF help to maintain the shine and richness of black color for a long time. Any specific maintenance tips after getting PPF done?

Answers to these question would help me get great clarity before going ahead with my booking

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2023, 14:59   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
--

However, a quick Rs. 6,000 install turns my Tucson into a high-end Mercedes equivalent. Post delivery, I got the Cardi K4 Ambient Light set installed in my car, and voila, I am grinning ear to ear. Here are some quick pictures that showcase the ambient light experience that elevates the in-car feel many a notch.
Looks like a lovely setup! Can you please advice on how much warranty does Cardi brand offer? Spoke to my local car shop and he said there’s no warranty on cardi
Old 26th August 2023, 20:19   #1103
BHPian

Congratulations on your Tucson. I will soon be booking the Tucson. Just a few curiosity questions. Why did you not choose the AWD variant and will the 2WD be sufficient? Is the AWD system on the Tucson always on system?

Thanks in advance
Old 28th August 2023, 12:08   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
Hyundai Tucson prices hiked by up to Rs. 48,000
Source: https://www.carwale.com/news/hyundai...p-to-rs-48000/
I think this is the impact of Cess Hike from 20% to 22%
Old 28th August 2023, 12:15   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hello to all

Will be booking the Tucson 4WD Diesel Signature. I have few questions :

1. Which is the best looking color for Tucson in the colours of Amazon Grey, Abyss Black Pearl, Starry Night and Fiery Red Dual Tone. I’ve shortlisted these 4 colors and am unable to decide on which color to take.
I pondered this question quite a bit. I think Hyundai made a mistake by not offering another lighter shade such as silver or golden. So the choice unfortunately remains between white and a couple of darker shades. I picked up Amazon Grey myself, as I had a White i20 and a White Creta before this. But in the hindsight, I should probably have bought a white Tucson. The black panoramic sunroof contrasts well with the the white colors, and enables it to stand out. Similarly for the front grille which I personally think stand out better in white. I saw a white Tucson on the road the other day, and it had a PPF coating and looked absolutely stunning. I

Initially, I had also considered Red, but somehow, when I saw a Tucson in red, it didnt feel the same as a Skoda Kushaq Red.
noyes99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 19:58   #1106
BHPian

Hello all, I would like to ask a question regarding the wireless dongle of AA and CarPlay.

Has anyone used Carlinkit 5.0 in their 10.25 inch screen? From what I heard, the previous versions used to stretch the screen and reduce the resolution.

I have only heard good things about Carlinkit 5.0, so I'm planning to buy one, but I can't find any reviews where they tested on Hyundai's 10.25 inch infotainment screen.

Thanks.
Old 1st September 2023, 13:28   #1107
BHPian

So I took the Tucson for first long drive, and my experience was nothing less than amazing. I drove from Dehradun to Jaipur which is nearly 600km long stretch. For the most part, I drove on adaptive cruise control (~80KMPH on Dehradun to Delhi stretch and ~100KMPH on Delhi Mumbai Highway towards Jaipur) and I can't tell you what a blessing it is. Here are some of the things I really enjoyed about the car/drive.
  • I got a mileage of whooping >18KMPL. I definitely wasn't expecting this. I was hoping it to be anywhere around 16KMPL, but seeing 18+ number on the screen definitely made me happy ��
  • Coming from XUV 700 which comes with comparatively louder and bass heavy sound system, at first I wasn't too impressed with the sound quality on Tucson but I think I've fallen in love with the clarity and quality of sound this Bose system has to offer. The sound is clear and there is hardly any distortion even when listening at higher volume; which was a big issue on the XUV.
  • While on the Delhi Mumbai highway, I found the lane markings to be very clear and decided to give lane assist a try. I tried the same on XUV 700 as well in the past on the same stretch, and I found Tucson does a much better job in comparison. It managed to handle the curves well and the steering moved very smoothly as the road curved.
  • This probably takes the cherry. The car runs smooth (like buttery smooth) and you won't feel like you're driving a huge car (of this size), while providing you the confidence of stability while driving at higher speeds.

The only pain point I experienced during the drive was lack of cooled compartment. While it didn't sound like a huge issue initially, but after going on 10+ hour drive, I so wish the car had a cooled compartment. I fail to understand why Hyundai would do this when my 8 year old i20 comes with it.

My brother (who was kinda disappointed when I traded the XUV for Tucson) took the car for a spin after we reached Jaipur and he came out mighty impressed. I take my words back and you did the right thing were his words as he came out of the car blushing.

Last edited by graaja : 1st September 2023 at 14:16. Reason: Minor typo
theOneWhoRides is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 14:25   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep M View Post
Hello all, I would like to ask a question regarding the wireless dongle of AA and CarPlay.

Has anyone used Carlinkit 5.0 in their 10.25 inch screen? From what I heard, the previous versions used to stretch the screen and reduce the resolution.

I have only heard good things about Carlinkit 5.0, so I'm planning to buy one, but I can't find any reviews where they tested on Hyundai's 10.25 inch infotainment screen.

Thanks.
Hey,

I just had a question that won't the phone heat up quiet a bit when using Android Auto or Wireless CarPlay? I have heard about a few cases where the consumers complained about this.

1. The connection reliability of wired AA or CarPlay is unmatched to that of wireless connection dongles.

2. When you put the phone on the wireless charger in car and connect it to a wireless projection dongle the battery and processor of the phone are under a heay load of processing and charging at the same time leading to your device's battery or other components deteriorating over time.

The couple of reasons above were enough for me to not buy and experiment with the wireless projection dongles. You can even see in the latest Skoda Superb and Kodiaq (2024 models) that they provide active cooling with the wireless projection.

At last both has its pros and cons, pros being better convinence, if you do get one, then let us know about the experience
Mahin_P21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 14:25   #1109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
[list][*] I got a mileage of whooping >18KMPL. I definitely wasn't expecting this. I was hoping it to be anywhere around 16KMPL, but seeing 18+ number on the screen definitely made me happy ��
The only pain point I experienced during the drive was lack of cooled compartment.
Hey, Echo your experience, and I am sure Tucson can certainly give 1000kms on a tank full on ECO mode, with cruise control, and with sedate driving around 90km/hr on highway conditions.

Regarding pain points, I am sure the more you drive, the more obvious they become. Nothing major though, but minor pain points like wireless AA, AC, Rear Sunblinds, light color interiors which get dirty easily in our conditions. At this price point, Hyundai should have solved these minor customer pain points. Anyway, Enjoy your ride, as Tucson is a wonderful car.

Pro Tip: Keep a strong nail polish remover and cotton ready to get rid of any dirty spots from the light interiors. I am sure seats will get dirty as you much more miles.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 14:54   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
My brother (who was kinda disappointed when I traded the XUV for Tucson) took the car for a spin after we reached Jaipur and he came out mighty impressed. I take my words back and you did the right thing were his words as he came out of the car blushing.
Awesome to hear this. Yours is an AWD right? The mileage sound even better with that. I've gotten 18-20 in long stretches but without AWD. What is the normal city mileage like? Mine hovers in 13-14 range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks