Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 10:53   #931

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Hello everyone, I am facing a problem with the 360 degree view of the camera display on the Tucson. Please refer to this image.

Attachment 2441861
Notice the bike on the left of the Tucson - only the rear of the bike is visible while the driver and front wheel of the bike is completely missing. Notice the light bluish car on the right - it merges into a white car and looks like they are on top of each other.
Is there any configuration of the cameras that can make this a better experience?
Hello Even I am facing the same camera issue. Mine is Jan 2023 manufactured white 4 WD Tucson. Seems like this is how the camera setup is Any inputs from other owners?
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:24   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuvdutta1994 View Post
Hello Even I am facing the same camera issue. Mine is Jan 2023 manufactured white 4 WD Tucson. Seems like this is how the camera setup is Any inputs from other owners?
The camera stitching is like that. It can’t be changed. There is a blind spot on all 4 corners. One should be careful when things are too close. However you can change the camera view from 360 to individual then full view on the required section is available. That can be used to avoid clashing against other objects or vehicles.
Old 24th April 2023, 14:31   #933

Any petrol Tucson owners in this group? Wanted to know their hands-on experience with the vehicle. While i do understand D-engine is the better in terms of performance. Given i am living in NCR, going in for a D is a risk. Also, on the E-20 is the engine compatible ?
Old 25th April 2023, 11:44   #934

Hi everyone,

Has anyone purchased the original sunshades for Tucson in Delhi?

Thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th April 2023 at 12:01. Reason: Post edited. Please ensure you use proper capitalization
Old 25th April 2023, 20:32   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG532 View Post
Hi everyone,

Has anyone purchased the original sunshades for Tucson in Delhi?

Thanks
--

Hi,

I bought the 4+1 set (four windows + rear window) from the dealership in Gurgaon for Rs. 4500/-. Not that great quality, as the window shades don't fit well and are to be pushed in to grip the window.

I will recommend giving it a miss, if you can.
BlackAdam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 20:43   #936

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
--

Hi,

I bought the 4+1 set (four windows + rear window) from the dealership in Gurgaon for Rs. 4500/-. Not that great quality, as the window shades don't fit well and are to be pushed in to grip the window.

I will recommend giving it a miss, if you can.
Hi black Adam,

Did you got the same shades (with clips) as shown in the video? As the one shown here are not pushed into the windows, or am I missing something ?

Thanks.

Mod Note : Poorly typed post. BHPian, you are requested to please go through Posting Etiquettes before making any fresh new post.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th April 2023 at 21:30. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
AG532 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th April 2023, 22:14   #937
BHPian

Hello fellow Tucson owners, has anyone upgraded their stock MRF Wanderer Ecotred tyres? Is it grippy and good enough or do you recommend an upgrade to premium brands such as Continental, Pirelli, Yokahoma, etc.

I have searched on Google, but found limited info on these tyres. If anybody has any idea on what they retail at, I would be thankful, since I would be getting the car next week.
Old 26th April 2023, 21:16   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep M View Post
Hello fellow Tucson owners, has anyone upgraded their stock MRF Wanderer Ecotred tyres? Is it grippy and good enough or do you recommend an upgrade to premium brands such as Continental, Pirelli, Yokahoma, etc.

I have searched on Google, but found limited info on these tyres. If anybody has any idea on what they retail at, I would be thankful, since I would be getting the car next week.

Hi Sandeep,

The OEM MRF tyres are good recommend not to change them. It offers good road grip & has less tyre noise.
Mathan1130 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 07:13   #939
BHPian

Booked starry night diesel 4WD last week. Dealer had one in stock and was willing to let it go if we paid in full (that was the plan anyway). Expecting delivery next week of a March manufactured one.

Did PDI and everything looked ok. No discounts (even on insurance), so ended up buying insurance outside, which the dealer was ok with. Bought extended warranty but skipped "shield of trust".

It only took us 9 months to decide which car to buy

Mod Note: Poorly typed post. You are requested to please go through Posting Etiquettes before making any fresh new post.
Thank you.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th April 2023 at 08:14. Reason: Editing for punctuation and capitalising where needed. Mod Note attached.
Old 30th April 2023, 11:37   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG532 View Post
Hi black Adam,

Did you got the same shades (with clips) as shown in the video? As the one shown here are not pushed into the windows, or am I missing something ?
I have purchased exactly similar good quality ones from Amazon. The clips are magnetic and fit perfectly. In total 6 pieces - 2 half for front window, 2 full for rear and 2 mini for the small ones in the rear seat.
Also I had posted the Carpet boot mat which is a genuine Tuscon Accessory above. Posting the link for the shades.

Able Sporty Half Car Magnetic Sun Shade Curtains for Hyundai Tucson Type-II 2022 Model Set of 6 Pcs https://amzn.eu/d/6aQU9b6
Abhinav6683 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 11:40   #941

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkarora View Post
Any petrol Tucson owners in this group? Wanted to know their hands-on experience with the vehicle. While i do understand D-engine is the better in terms of performance. Given i am living in NCR, going in for a D is a risk. Also, on the E-20 is the engine compatible ?
I’ve only driven 900 kms so far and quite happy with the performance. I’m a sedate driver and did not find the petrol engine underpowered. Most of the city driving is in Eco mode. The sports mode gives the maximum performance and good steering wheel feedback. I suggest you test drive one before making a call.

As posted in my earlier thread the current petrol engine does not seem to support ethanol.
Old 2nd May 2023, 09:54   #942
BHPian

Well so I have a bad news. My one month old Tucson suddenly developed a crack on the windshield. I am assuming now windshield will need replacement. Not happy with this development at all. This would be the first time I would be getting work done on a new car.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4655.jpg

If anyone has a remedial solution, please share. I would want to avoid the replacement unless it is necessary.
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:06   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
I would want to avoid the replacement unless it is necessary.
Why would you want to avoid it on a month old car even if it is unwelcome? You must escalate to Hyundai if needed, and demand a FoC warranty replacement which does not affect your insurance.

From what I can see, it looks like a heat / expansion induced crack and not an external impact. Looks unrepairable to me at least.

Additionally, I doubt third parties like Windshield Experts etc. would have sourced Tucson glass products yet. Your only option is Hyundai India.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:56   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Why would you want to avoid it on a month old car even if it is unwelcome? You must escalate to Hyundai if needed, and demand a FoC warranty replacement which does not affect your insurance.

From what I can see, it looks like a heat / expansion induced crack and not an external impact. Looks unrepairable to me at least.

Additionally, I doubt third parties like Windshield Experts etc. would have sourced Tucson glass products yet. Your only option is Hyundai India.
I did go to the windshield experts and they confirmed that replacement is the only option. I will visit Hyundai service station over the weekend and initiate the replacement process.

Will keep everyone posted on their response and next steps.
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 12:25   #945
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
I will visit Hyundai service station over the weekend and initiate the replacement process.
Can imagine your frustration but stick to Hyundai only. Do try firmly insisting it's either a manufacturing and/or fitting defect.

Was there anything unusual done before this incident? Generally speaking, there have been cases of windshields cracking (on other brands) if splashed with cool water in >45C temperatures etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks