Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 16:50   #466

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
I was told by my SA that updates are done only during service using an USB connection. OTA is not available to users.

I will write a separate ownership review.
Congratulations KrishKallapur on your new prized possession. Not able to make out from picture, is it Amazon Grey ? I think this would look fantastic in day light. Eagerly waiting for Ownership Review.

Came across this "Asli Test" of Tucson 2022 by MotorOctane. It just plainly praises the car - no negatives of Petrol ride compared to Diesel or any other practical concern. Not sure if this is a Sponsored Asli Test
vvidhate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 20:16   #467

I received a call from a phone number (+911206251300) stating that he was calling from Hyundai and told me that he had called to confirm my booking details for Tucson. I haven't received any phone call since my booking that I made a month ago, and when I received this call, I was a bit confused and unsure if that was genuine. So I asked the person to share the details that he had so that I could confirm whether it was right or wrong. He disconnected the call just after this.

So I checked with the ASC whom I opted for during booking, and they are not clear about the authenticity of the number and assumed it might be from Hyundai. Then I also checked with Hyundai, but they are also not sure, and they presumed it may be from the dealer and asked me to connect with the dealer.

Has anyone received any confirmation phone call from Hyundai? If it is genuine, why does he disconnect the call abruptly? I am a bit confused right now. I thought of calling back but haven't done it yet. Searching the internet couldn't able to provide more details.

Have anyone of you faced this?
Old 28th September 2022, 20:53   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samraat View Post
I received a call from a phone number (+911206251300) stating that he was calling from Hyundai and told me that he had called to confirm my booking details for Tucson. I haven't received any phone call since my booking that I made a month ago, and when I received this call, I was a bit confused and unsure if that was genuine. So I asked the person to share the details that he had so that I could confirm whether it was right or wrong. He disconnected the call just after this.

So I checked with the ASC whom I opted for during booking, and they are not clear about the authenticity of the number and assumed it might be from Hyundai. Then I also checked with Hyundai, but they are also not sure, and they presumed it may be from the dealer and asked me to connect with the dealer.

Has anyone received any confirmation phone call from Hyundai? If it is genuine, why does he disconnect the call abruptly? I am a bit confused right now. I thought of calling back but haven't done it yet. Searching the internet couldn't able to provide more details.

Have anyone of you faced this?
I just checked my call history and I have also got a call from the same number today evening at 4.15PM. I was in another meeting during that time and hence didn't pick it up. Incidentally, I was chasing the dealer around 7PM and he didn't have any update on my booking.
Old 28th September 2022, 23:52   #469

Quote:
I received a call from a phone number (+911206251300) stating that he was calling from Hyundai and told me that he had called to confirm my booking details for Tucson.
I got a call from this same number 4 days ago. The person basically asked for details like which model have I booked and what is the waiting period quoted by the dealer. He also asked if I have any feedback for Hyundai. I think Hyundai has started calling up those who pre-booked just to keep them engaged. It could also be to confirm continued interests/cancellations to firm up the shipment plan of kits in coming months.
Old 29th September 2022, 11:07   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy26 View Post
Hyundai mats were part of the accessories which i bought from them for 3500/-

I got my car protected by LLumar platinum ppf as i feel it is more suited to my usage compared to ceramic coating and 3M cr70 tints all around.
Can you post the photos of the Mats?
Old 29th September 2022, 11:20   #471
pms
BHPian

[quote=KrishKallapur;5410889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carevidence View Post

1. The forward collision prevention always defaults to "apply brakes". You need to change it to "warning only" if you don't want braking. Every time you turn off the engine, it shifts back to braking.
Is it easy to switch to "warning only" by pressing a switch or one needs to go through the touchscreen? This can be bit annoying until one gets really used to it.
Old 29th September 2022, 12:46   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvidhate View Post

Came across this "Asli Test" of Tucson 2022 by MotorOctane. It just plainly praises the car - no negatives of Petrol ride compared to Diesel or any other practical concern. Not sure if this is a Sponsored Asli Test
I check his reviews often, and I don't remember him giving any NEGATIVE feedback for any of the cars.
Either it is all positive, or some politically correct statement like "Rear Camera could have been better/ company should have provided this". (Example: Scorpio's rear camera)
Old 29th September 2022, 12:48   #473
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
The odo for my AWD diesel stands at just over 800 km which includes a 350+ highway drive.
=====
Any thoughts and experiences from fellow owners about this feature and how you are using it?
--

Congratulations on your new ride, brother. Surprisingly, in Delhi-NCR's traffic mix, I have been able to get a decent 16-5 - 17.5kmpl everyday. In fact, yesterday evening on a pre-rush hour traffic, I could juice out 18.1kmpl over a 23km drive back from work. I prefer the Eco mode, with a light footed travel, that has helped me with the above-mentioned figures.

On the ADAS topic, even I am a bit concerned about the aggressive braking that the car puts in when it detects a possible front-end collision. What I have realised is that if I start applying brakes 3-4 seconds prior to the usual braking period, the ADAS doesn't kick in and hence avoid hard braking. As usual, these features are quite new, and as like all technologies, are taking a bit of time to get accustomed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Does the car come with Hyundai Mats or have you purchased it from a dealer or outside? What are the accessories that are available from Hyundai or dealers?

Are you guys planning to PPF or Ceramic coating?
--

Mats or other accessories are not available across dealerships in Gurugram. I have been patiently awaiting the same since the past two weeks, but have been told that it might take another 10 days to come in.

Currently, I am soiling the inbuilt mats and it pains to see them in their current state.

Quote:
Congratulations to all new Tucson owners. Waiting for your detailed ownership reviews :-)

BTW, is anyone planning to go for any dashcam? Does the inbuilt 360-degree camera records any events on its own or does it have any option to initiate manual recording?
--

Yes, I am planning to install a Dashcam for my Tucson. The toss-up is between the 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel, or the DDPAI Mola N3 Car Dash Camera. Currently, am doing my diligent research on these. Will update us all in the next couple of days on the new buy.

Also, the in-built 360 camera only offers live camera feed but no recording option. However, the camera quality is brilliant.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th September 2022 at 13:08. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
BlackAdam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 20:29   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy26 View Post
I got my car protected by LLumar platinum ppf as i feel it is more suited to my usage compared to ceramic coating and 3M cr70 tints all around.
What was your cost and where did you get is done?
Old 30th September 2022, 09:19   #475
Senior - BHPian

Dealers seem to be non interested in selling this vehicle. Quite a lack lustre response from both Trident and Advaith in Bangalore.

I registered for a test drive on thr Hyundai site and also called both of the dealers two days ago. Till now nobody has bothered to respond.

Quite strange honestly.
Old 30th September 2022, 09:38   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I registered for a test drive on thr Hyundai site and also called both of the dealers two days ago. Till now nobody has bothered to respond.
I've DM'd you a SA contact. Your can call directly and should get back a response. All the best
vijaykr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:34   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Dealers seem to be non interested in selling this vehicle. Quite a lack lustre response from both Trident and Advaith in Bangalore.

Quite strange honestly.
My SA was able to deliver me the car within a week of booking (as the original person who booked had a bank loan processing delay). I'll DM you his number.
sudiptaadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:59   #478
BHPian

[quote=KrishKallapur;5410889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carevidence View Post

I have not yet had an opportunity to use ADAS and ACC yet. However, what was explained to me:

1. The forward collision prevention always defaults to "apply brakes". You need to change it to "warning only" if you don't want braking. Every time you turn off the engine, it shifts back to braking.
This can get scary where you forget to move it back to warning and are then up for surprise . There should be some option to save settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
[b]
Yes, I am planning to install a Dashcam for my Tucson.
Do check this accessory and if you can source it:
https://dongar.tech/products/hyundaikia

Not sure how this would impact warranty but looks a much cleaner way to install dashcam
Old 30th September 2022, 18:09   #479

Congratulations to all the new Tucson owners!!! Can't wait to see detailed ownership reviews soon.

Meanwhile, has anyone opted for the genuine Hyundai sunshade accessory for windows? Our market really missed out on this very important feature and it makes sense to at least have it as an accessory. But I am too skeptical about the quality we might get. The genuine accessory list shared previously on this thread has a list price of Rs. 3,999 for The sunshades of all four windows. However, I am yet not too convinced about the quality from those pictures. Definitely don't want something as cheap as what we get on the traffic signals. Wonder if anyone who got the delivery explored these or any other options?
Stuttgart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 18:20   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuttgart View Post
Congratulations to all the new Tucson owners!!! Can't wait to see detailed ownership reviews soon.

Meanwhile, has anyone opted for the genuine Hyundai sunshade accessory for windows? Our market really missed out on this very important feature and it makes sense to at least have it as an accessory. But I am too skeptical about the quality we might get. The genuine accessory list shared previously on this thread has a list price of Rs. 3,999 for The sunshades of all four windows. However, I am yet not too convinced about the quality from those pictures. Definitely don't want something as cheap as what we get on the traffic signals. Wonder if anyone who got the delivery explored these or any other options?
I too wanted the sunshades however Hyundai dealers don't have stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks