Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 19:18   #361
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
I also got the same email from the dealer, following which I reached out to the sales advisor. The response is that the delivery period remains the same as communicated earlier at time of booking, which is 8 to 10 months. For context, I booked AWD Diesel on 16-Aug with tentative delivery in May-23. As per the sales advisor there is no change to this date.
As a matter of coincidence , was told the same thing by Hyundai dealer today, 10-12 m but also .. out of turn delivery is possible.Prebooked 20th July, but no update of delivery date, complete radio silence.
Indeed, Hyundai has made a right hash of this launch.
Carevidence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 21:14   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Irony is this comparison missed the most important aspects of a car - the drive, engine performance, ride, handling etc. This is more like how they compare the mobile phones. Honestly it looks like a paid article.
Hope to see some real comparisons soon.
Absolutely agree. That was my exact thought post seeing the comparison.

There seems to be nothing out there in terms of a real review or a comparison video. Most if not all videos are about the features set.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 23:24   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carevidence View Post
As a matter of coincidence , was told the same thing by Hyundai dealer today, 10-12 m but also .. out of turn delivery is possible.Prebooked 20th July, but no update of delivery date, complete radio silence.
Indeed, Hyundai has made a right hash of this launch.
I spoke to my dealer and he's said that it shouldn't go above 4-5mnths, and that deliveries have already begun.

If dealers from multiple cities are sending emails - is there some issue with city wise allocations?
Old 13th September 2022, 23:48   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
When did you book and which variant? Also which dealer?
I booked in Hyderabad when the booking was launched in July. It is more about Hyundai than the dealers. Are other locations also getting this update from their dealers? My dealer said this is coming directly from Hyundai.

Last edited by naikameya : 13th September 2022 at 23:50.
Old 14th September 2022, 11:45   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
I booked in Hyderabad when the booking was launched in July. It is more about Hyundai than the dealers. Are other locations also getting this update from their dealers? My dealer said this is coming directly from Hyundai.
Its a strange set up, prebook dealer during launch ceremony said 2-3 months, and less if I have pre-booked,after that never responded or updated,so I enquired with Hyundai soon after launch and they said 8-10m and when I pressed for more accurate details basis my pre-booking date, there was no clarity.Also enquired how Hyundai ensures booking sequence is honoured, got a guarded reply that will honour sequence and have alternative arrangements for eventualities.
Checked a week ago with another dealer on the phone, reply was 3-4 months waiting.
Checked yesterday with yet another dealer all in the same city and enquired about alternative arrangements, dealer said it is possible(not that I have any arrangements).Otherwise 10-12 TOTAL months since supply is not happening.
This timeline seems more accurate though unacceptable.
As mentioned in this forum earlier, he was keen to sell me the Alcazar instead.
From above it seems mostly a Hyundai issue,dont know how many delivered across the country and also dealers not interested in selling Tucson,but you are allowed to believe in magic!

Personally I will most probably end up cancelling and choose another new ADAS offering but holding on due to bird in the bush theory.
PS:The interiors look nice but as mentioned earlier in this forum, but does not have the 40L feel.Maybe we need to recalibrate 40L benchmark!
For a wider selection of reviews google Tucson Australia though Omkar's review is very good.
Old 14th September 2022, 22:12   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carevidence View Post
Its a strange set up, prebook dealer during launch ceremony said 2-3 months, and less if I have pre-booked,after that never responded or updated,so I enquired with Hyundai soon after launch and they said 8-10m and when I pressed for more accurate details basis my pre-booking date, there was no clarity.Also enquired how Hyundai ensures booking sequence is honoured, got a guarded reply that will honour sequence and have alternative arrangements for eventualities.
I honestly don’t think prebooking makes any difference any more. I’m not talking specifically about Hyundai, any of the recent launches be it the Kodiaq, Tucson the dealers were accepting bookings way before the actual booking date as confirmed by the manufacturer. So does this mean the manufacturers booking start date is a lie? Or does it mean that the dealer is resorting to unethical means to identify his demand numbers? And how do pre pre bookings if I may call them that get integrated into the order booking system if it’s prior to the actual booking commencement date? It’s a complete grey area.
Certain manufacturers are making some changes like MBIL, hopefully others do too and untill then the SA and dealers can run riot.
Old 14th September 2022, 22:14   #367
BHPian

Interesting way to market the Tucson to a select, focused segment:
Old 15th September 2022, 18:16   #368
BHPian

I have a June end booking in Hyd. I was initially expecting a delivery this month and then got the 8-10 month waiting period email a couple of days back. I followed up with Hyundai directly and they called back. Even though I have a pretty early booking, I did not get a commitment for a delivery date soon. The messaging from Hyundai was that we will respect first in first out but as a blanket statement the current waiting period is around 10 months.
I did a quick calculation during the discussion and I do not remember the rough number of Tucsons which Hyundai plans to deliver every month, but dividing that by the number of dealerships, it was coming to around 3-4 cars per dealership per month.
Old 15th September 2022, 18:23   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
I have a June end booking in Hyd.
I booked with Kun Gachibowli. Where have you booked?
Old 15th September 2022, 20:15   #370
BHPian

Here is some news. I had booked an AWD diesel top end in August with a tentative delivery in May 2023. The same date was reconfirmed by the dealer just 2 days back.
Right now I got a call from the dealer saying that a car has been allotted to me, and is being transported to Hyderabad. I can do a PDI in a week or so in their yard as soon as the car is unloaded from the truck. He says the allocation is by Hyundai and he doesn't have a say in it. Also says that the 10 month waiting period was a standard response along Hyundai's guidelines.
Is this sudden reduction in waiting period OK or is something fishy?
I don't have any communication from Hyundai yet.
Old 15th September 2022, 20:32   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Here is some news. I had booked an AWD diesel top end in August with a tentative delivery in May 2023. The same date was reconfirmed by the dealer just 2 days back.
Right now I got a call from the dealer saying that a car has been allotted to me, and is being transported to Hyderabad. I can do a PDI in a week or so in their yard as soon as the car is unloaded from the truck. He says the allocation is by Hyundai and he doesn't have a say in it. Also says that the 10 month waiting period was a standard response along Hyundai's guidelines.
Which color? If white, could that be a factor?
Old 15th September 2022, 20:50   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Is it Polar White? I have also booked in KUN Gachibowli and it looks like that they have got 4 cars allocated to them randomly and they are trying to match that to the customers who have booked with them. I saw a Polar White AWD in that list. That was the only AWD.
Old 15th September 2022, 21:39   #373
BHPian

Quote:
I booked with Kun Gachibowli. Where have you booked?
I have booked it from the same dealer, and as everyone else is saying, the issue is a supply issue at Hyundai’s end and not necessarily a problem with the dealer.

Also just saw your post regarding your delivery date being bumped up. Congratulations

Last edited by amitdan : 15th September 2022 at 21:41.
Old 15th September 2022, 21:43   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
Is it Polar White? I have also booked in KUN Gachibowli and it looks like that they have got 4 cars allocated to them randomly and they are trying to match that to the customers who have booked with them. I saw a Polar White AWD in that list. That was the only AWD.
What were the other ones if you might remember. I have not got a call from them, so I think that I am not getting my delivery this month as it seems that the allocation is complete for this month.
Old 15th September 2022, 22:20   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
What were the other ones if you might remember. I have not got a call from them, so I think that I am not getting my delivery this month as it seems that the allocation is complete for this month.
One was Phantom Black Petrol AT and another was Amazon Grey Diesel AT. That's what I could remember.
madagascar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks