Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2024, 01:17   #1516

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

I got my tucson diesel platinum in January 2024. With the NH48 being riddled with traffic chaos the drive takes up to 7-8 hours which used to be 2-2.5 hour drive stretch, I have hardly been able to drive it and so haven’t been able to use it for my intended purpose so far. With negligible driving within the city due to local traffic, the odo is barely 2600k!
Last month, I had to replace entire left rear door due to damage done during some parking issue inside our building which took some while but got it done under insurance.
And now again I got a situation. The mice have done their bit and have bit quite a lot of wiring under so hood in all different places.
I am really pissed off with this thing. I really don’t know how to go about this thing. Someone please guide me through further. I normally keep my cars for 10+ years and so would want to use the Tucson with smiles all through. Need your advice. Grateful for all your help.
Old 17th July 2024, 12:19   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wanderer01 View Post
Have any of you got the OTA update for the new maps via Mappls? I can see the changes on the Bluelink app, and upon checking the update webpage, I can see that it has listed Mappls as the new map provider, with an update on July 10th. I'm yet to get the OTA notification in my car; I'm wondering if anyone else faced the same issue.
Hello there,

I too checked a new updated version is available but needs to be download & installed via USB I guess OTA update might take sometime.

Firmware details

Model -TUCSON 2022
Navigation System - Standard Gen5W
Software version - NX4.IND.S5W_M.V006.001.240702
Map Version - IND.17.43.54.913.512.0
Model Name - NX4AS.S5BMC.IN

New features

1.Quicker adjustments can be done using the phone’s larger volume steps.
2.Radio Screen has been updated to make it easier to view channel information.
3.Camera Alert has been added to Map-myindia navigation now we will receive speed camera alerts.
4.New features for Voice recognition.

Attaching the screenshots for reference.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot-20240717-12.13.108239pm.png  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot-20240717-12.12.598239pm.png  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot-20240717-12.13.308239pm.png  

Last edited by Mathan1130 : 17th July 2024 at 12:29. Reason: Adding firmware details
Mathan1130 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 12:49   #1518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello there,

I too checked a new updated version is available but needs to be download & installed via USB I guess OTA update might take sometime.
Thank you so much for your reply Mathan!

I ended up updating it manually using a USB stick last night. There is no discernible difference to me in the map on the head unit as such apart from the speed camera alerts, and the UI seems to be the same, which was surprising considering there is an major change in the map interface in the Bluelink application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
And now again I got a situation. The mice have done their bit and have bit quite a lot of wiring under so hood in all different places.
I am really pissed off with this thing. I really don’t know how to go about this thing.
I've been using the 3M rodent repellent coating for our cars, which I bought from Amazon. It was recommended to me by a service centre advisor after having had a EPS wiring harness chewed off for another car. So far its worked wonders, with other cars in the same parking lot having had issues with wiring harnesses chewed off while ours remained safe, touchwood.
Unless you have tried this already and it did not deliver the expected results, there is no harm in trying this out.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th July 2024 at 19:02. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
lone_wanderer01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 17:22   #1519

Quote:
I've been using the 3M rodent repellent coating for our cars, which I bought from Amazon. It was recommended to me by a service centre advisor after having had a EPS wiring harness chewed off for another car. So far its worked wonders, with other cars in the same parking lot having had issues with wiring harnesses chewed off while ours remained safe, touchwood.
Unless you have tried this already and it did not deliver the expected results, there is no harm in trying this out.
Thank you for that one! Also I would want to know how does the car work after getting the wiring overhauled. Were there any glitch in overall car functioning or it remained good like it was before the rewiring was done.
Old 17th July 2024, 19:58   #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
Thank you for that one! Also I would want to know how does the car work after getting the wiring overhauled. Were there any glitch in overall car functioning or it remained good like it was before the rewiring was done.
This was for a Mercedes GLA and not the Tucson. It still works fine, haven't had an issue since that one time replacement. I would assume the same holds true for all brands once the damaged wiring is replaced. Bear in mind that in my case, the issue was specifically linked to the EPS wiring and nothing else.

The 3M repellent has worked well so far, and every 2-3 months I apply a generous coating in the engine bay, and wherever any wiring is visible. Your success with this experience may wary depending on how quickly it wears off depending on moisture, dust etc, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try. There could be other similar products out there that may offer more potency or bang for the buck which I'm not aware of.
Old 20th July 2024, 00:49   #1521

Had driven the Tuscon in Canada where it comes with a mild hybrid powertrain and produces around 230hp. Was a really good experience, but the only thing I missed was the wireless CarPlay.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-24fb0f192aea46cba06d9087e473f81e.jpg  

Old 21st July 2024, 01:29   #1522

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3riller View Post
Had driven the Tuscon in Canada where it comes with a mild hybrid powertrain and produces around 230hp. Was a really good experience, but the only thing I missed was the wireless CarPlay.
I believe there is a Canadian/US variant with the smaller touchscreen system with the older software that comes with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. It comes with two scroll wheels, one for volume and one for scrubbing. For what its worth, the only downside with that is the smaller screen itself, especially if you don't mess around with the OEM software.
Old 21st July 2024, 02:26   #1523

Quote:
I believe there is a Canadian/US variant with the smaller touchscreen system with the older software that comes with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.
Thats correct, knew that before buying. But that variant had a super long waiting and also from what I remember missed out on the hybrid powertrain and some must have features.
Old 21st July 2024, 11:45   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
It's easily fixable by a wireless dongle. I use a product called Carlinkit 5.0 and both AA and Carplay works wireless flawlessly.
Sandeep M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 15:12   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Hello there,

I am using this wireless adapter for Apple wireless car play function for the last 10 months so far its working great no lag nothing..
Mathan1130 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 17:14   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep M View Post
It's easily fixable by a wireless dongle. I use a product called Carlinkit 5.0 and both AA and Carplay works wireless flawlessly.
I am also using carlinkit 3.0 (bought from Amazon) and it works as expected or better than expected.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants wireless connectivity for Carplay (I only have experience with this).
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 17:30   #1527
BHPian

Hey everyone, I am looking for review of the 2.0L petrol Tucson, does anyone know if someone has posted it here or not? Thanks in advance.
Old 29th July 2024, 08:49   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello there,

I am using this wireless adapter for Apple wireless car play function for the last 10 months so far its working great no lag nothing..
Thanks for the reco. Post reading this, I purchased one myself, and seems to be working fine. Amazon seems to have a number of "MSXTTLY" carplay adapters and I could not discern a difference between them. So I selected the cheapest one at around 4700 . Looks ok to me. I had earlier purchased carlinkit, but because of the usb wire etc, it did not look sleek. This one looks better, practically invisible.
Old 30th July 2024, 11:31   #1529
Team-BHP Support

Today I gave my Tucson AWD for 1st labour free service (10K) at 9447kms, at Trident Hyundai (Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore).

At first, I was in a bit of dilemma whether to give it for service in Udupi or Bangalore. But I heard that the service quality at Kanchana Udupi is pretty bad, so Bangalore it is.

The labour is free, oil/air/ac filters are free. Getting oil change, wheel balancing/alignment/rotation, and anti-rust coating for the underbody at 3K.

The adblue level is below the half point, so I have asked them to top up that too.
Old 30th July 2024, 18:21   #1530

Will be getting my Tucson Diesel in about 10 days now. Looking forward to providing more reviews and stories. This thread has been extremely helpful for me in making my purchase decision, was earlier going for Xuv 700 but have changed my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Considering my budget of 35L (I have to stretch 3L which I think is worth it), the competition, price hike (700 & Harrier) and especially given the reliability, fit & finish, quality of Hyundai (compared to 700 and Harrier), I am planning to book the diesel Tucson Platinum AT Platinum variant over the Signature variant which brings down the price by almost 3.3 lakhs, because, I don't need ADAS, passenger side electric seat adjustment, passenger seat walk-in device, driver memory function, hands free smart powered tail gate with height adjustment.
I am also doing the same exact thing, have booked my Tucson Platinum Diesel and should get it in 10 days. You are making the right decision.

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th July 2024 at 19:28. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks!
abhimanyu.2004 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks