Old 5th August 2024, 15:58   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

Slow to Respond Automatic Gearbox:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Power to take you from point A to B in comfort and less fatigue - yes, the 6AT and dual jet mild hybrid is great platform and super reliable.

Just not for sudden overtakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2K_scorpioN View Post
If throttle lag is the only reason, then why not go for the car and then equip it with a throttle controller? It'll give you the response you want, and make it feel more peppy. The car would still feel relatively underpowered. But for your driving style, how often would you be using all 100 of them ponies anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 510 View Post
Taking it easy is the way to drive one. It's one of the most dependable vehicles one could buy in our Indian market. Brezza inspite of being a 1.5L petrol may come across as a relaxed performer due to it's focus on high fuel efficiency.

The 1.5 Ltr Dualjet Mild Hybrid AT gearbox is tuned for efficiency.

Whenever you find yourself wanting for more power during overtakes, just have a look at the tachometer. You will find the engine revving at around 1200 rpm and sometimes even lower.

What you need to do is to downshift on the left paddle shifters, push the accelerator pedal 1/4th of its travel range, and you are good to go. Works well for me on my GV AT.

However, I wished this gearbox had a "Sport" mode, that could hold onto gears for longer RPM range, giving a bit more kick for overtakes without needing to downshift on the paddle shifter.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 09:26   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
I'm a sedate driver and usually overtake only if the vehicle in front of me is moving very slowly. Still, I think the Brezza automatic does not fit my use case, as most of the roads I drive on are two-lane with medium to high traffic. With the manual gearbox and better power-to-weight ratio of the Glanza, I felt that the performance of the Brezza automatic would be a downgrade.

Interior Quality: The VXI interiors look cheaper than my Glanza's base variant. However, interior aesthetics are not a dealbreaker for me.
I feel that cars like the Brezza, Creta CVT and the other high-selling models that create the perception that automatic cars are not fun to drive. Being the highest selling models, these and lower segment cars with AMTs are most users' first intro to automatics. And they come off with the impression that ATs are too much of a compromise when it comes to driving feel and performance. I'd say that the exception to the rule is the Fronx Turbo AT which is genuinely fun to drive, but then that is overpriced IMO.

The Brezza is a car that really deserves a more powerful variant. It has good dimensions for the city, has acceptable interiors, good space, good dynamics and MSIL's service backup and resale. While the current engine is adequate for the mass market, a driver looking for a more spirited experience is left wanting. I think that even the 1.0L turbo would be an improvement.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-fronx-vs-brezza.jpg
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 22:49   #1098
BHPian

Completed the 40,000 kms Paid service yesterday. The items changed were coolant, Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Drain Plug Gasket, Fuel filter, Brake Fluid. They recommended front brake pad replacement but items were not in stock. Total cost for this service came to Rs 6232. Overall a satisfactory experience . Dealing with the same service centre and group since last 24 years so no complaints as usual. Now looking up to Maruti Genuine Parts for set of front brake pads which cost Rs 2895. Will install it at local garage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks