Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 14:09   #856
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivesh Car Kid View Post
Before Brezza I used to drive, 1.4 Fiesta Durotorq. I usually do clutch then Brake but now as Brezza is Smart Hybrid most of the time in city & Highways I'll do Brake then Clutch.

Throttle also I'm trying to be gentle as possible.

Let me check after 5K ODO.
If you own a Brezza MT, you should keep your highway speed at 90 because if you go over 90, your RPM will soar over 3000, which will significantly reduce your mileage. This is not the case with an AT because it has a six-speed automatic transmission, which keeps the RPM at 2500 even at a speed of*110.
Autobot92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:01   #857
BHPian

Hi everyone

Haven’t seen many discussions on headlight/ fog light/ LED projector fog light upgrades on Maruti Brezza 2022.

We’re looking for better light output performance at night.

Earlier had Honda City 2012 model (was halogen reflectors IIRC) and, the Maruti Brezza LED projector fog lamps are an upgrade over the Honda City headlights.

However, there are times when we feel that, the headlight throw could’ve been better.

Couple of suggestions provided recently were

1. LED projector fog lamps to be fit in the middle of lower front bumper, which would mean no tampering with existing headlights/ fog lamps.

2. Upgrading wattage of current LED projector headlights.

Also, if anyone has information on current LED projector headlights provided in the Maruti Brezza 2022 top end, the brand and model please.
Unable to get info, neither through Google nor Brezza service manual please.

Request everyone to share their knowledge and experiences for above.

Thanks in advance
Old 26th September 2023, 18:49   #858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post

1. LED projector fog lamps to be fit in the middle of lower front bumper, which would mean no tampering with existing headlights/ fog lamps.
Whatever the YouTube reviewers say or however great the setup may look, do not place any fog lamp at a place other than the original fog lamp housing.

Quote:
2. Upgrading wattage of current LED projector headlights.
That's a sealed unit so to increase its wattage, you'll have to change the headlights setup to an aftermarket one, again not recommended. I'll also not recommend opening up the headlights for some projector setup.

Go through these posts, and it'll help you with your decision.

1. Link 1 (Terrible experience with Autobots, Gurgaon (headlight upgrade))

2. Link 2 (Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market)

3. Link 3 (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 22:50   #859

It looks like the supply for Brezza has suddenly improved. The sales advisor at one of the Rohan Motors dealerships in Noida mentioned they got about 40 units delivered to them yesterday. They offered to me to take the delivery of my car (ZXI+ AT) tomorrow if I made the payment today, which I did. Excited to get it tomorrow!
Old 29th September 2023, 18:21   #860

Looks like there is a new software version for Brezza infotainment, 66T0.05.50. Can not find any release notes for it. If anyone is brave enough to try it, here is the link for the software. 66T0 is for ZXI, 66T0A for ZXI +.

https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html
Old 29th September 2023, 18:24   #861

Looks like there is a new software version for Brezza infotainment. 66T0.05.50(ZXI) and 66TA.05.50(ZXI+). Please let us know if anyone tried it.
Old 30th September 2023, 07:41   #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon_kol View Post
Looks like there is a new software version for Brezza infotainment. 66T0.05.50(ZXI) and 66TA.05.50(ZXI+). Please let us know if anyone tried it.
I installed 66T0 last week and is working perfectly. I could notice slight improvement in performance while connecting smartphone and while accessing CarPlay. I initially tried to update it via smartly pro sync app and I had tough time figuring out how to connect the damn thing (I figured it out later with help of YouTube) but the download kept failing for some reason.

In the end I downloaded the file on a USB stick, plugged it in and viola it automatically recognised the update and asked if I wanted to update. The update took around 10 minutes and rebooted a couple of times during the process. There is no feature addition in this update like the previous on just performance update. I recommend anyone who would like to update via USB as its faster and less chances of it failing or even worse bricking the system.
Old 30th September 2023, 09:59   #863
BHPian

Not sure how and when the upgrade automatically happened in my Brezza ZXi. When I checked the version, I am already at 66T0.05.00 and have never personally upgraded the version since Jan when I got the car.
Old 30th September 2023, 14:51   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
I am already at 66T0.05.00 and have never personally upgraded the version since Jan when I got the car.
The 66T0.04.00 got an update to 66T0.05.00 back in December 2022.

The latest update is from 66T0.05.00 to 66T0.05.50
KebabBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 06:29   #865
BHPian

It seems to me that the Brezza AT models will soon witness a price hike. Why do I say this? Below are some of my observations

Yesterday I was at the stock yard of the dealer, there were 60+ manual variants in stock vs just 6 for AT variants. I was told that those high MT numbers were due to the cancelled bookings after MSIL removed the mild hybrid feature from the manual variants. So now ...

-- No more Li-Ion battery - worth 60K?
-- Conventional alternator instead of ISG?
-- Back to basic wiring harness, no need of power electronics (DC-to-DC convertors), a simpler ECU, a simpler MID, less crowded fuse-box.

All this must have obviously resulted in substantial cost savings for MSIL. So then why MSIL did not pass on the cost reduction benefit or heavy discounts to customers who had chosen their manual variant ?

But then, has it ever happened that a car manufacturer had offered a car at a substantial lower cost than what was quoted? MSIL is silent and dealers are in a fix. A possible reason for MSIL's silence, and with some inputs coming from a sales rep himself who was tight lipped however I could read between the lips, and those are ...

1> Brezza LXI/VXI MT variants witnessed heavy booking as they were priced less than 10L. There was an increasing trend of buying these and then upgrading to creature comfort features using after-market parts. Neither MSIL nor the dealer was making any money.

2> MSIL makes lesser profits on these variants and with the ongoing semi-conductor supply chain disruption, it made less sense to provision these chips for lower variants. With delivery periods stretching to 6 months or more MSIL is wary of customers jumping the fence.

3> MSIL knows that the excess stock of MT variants will be sold out in the coming festive months, maybe they will offer some discounts on the MT variants? btw the Oct 2023 discount offers list is not yet disclosed, so far the Brezza never had any offers, not even Exchange bonus and Corporate discount.

4> MSIL knows very well that there is no worthy competition presently for their AT variant. I don't see anyone else in the B2 segment offering a 1.5L, 4-pot NA super-tuned engine mated with a fuel efficient TC and the car itself loaded with so many techy features. Thus a price hike on AT variants is inevitable IMO, they are just waiting for the negative sentiments (after removal of mild hybrid in MT) to subside.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Chewbacca : 5th October 2023 at 06:54.
Chewbacca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 09:08   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It seems to me that the Brezza AT models will soon witness a price hike. Why do I say this? Below are some of my observations

4> MSIL knows very well that there is no worthy competition presently for their AT variant. I don't see anyone else in the B2 segment offering a 1.5L, 4-pot NA super-tuned engine mated with a fuel efficient TC and the car itself loaded with so many techy features. Thus a price hike on AT variants is inevitable IMO, they are just waiting for the negative sentiments (after removal of mild hybrid in MT) to subside.

What are your thoughts?
Sure, the price hike is inevitable, with the newly launched Tata Nexon witnessing a price hike albeit with a facelift and many more features, The upcoming Kia Sonet facelift surely will have a price hike of up to 50k, and the new Mahindra XUV300 facelift is also on the horizon, with all the competition coming in with significantly higher prices in the coming months, A price hike should be expected.

However, if the upcoming cars offer a better value proposition in terms of price and features, then a price hike for the Brezza won't help with sales. Maybe Maruti is playing the waiting game, looking at how the competitors price their facelifts, before making their move.

Anyways, the Sub 4 metre Compact SUV space is definitely getting more competitive with all these launches.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 14:38   #867
BHPian

I updated the system software to 66T0.05.50 on my Brezza.

The update did not appear in SmartPlay Pro Sync app, so I used the download link shared in earlier posts to download the update package onto my laptop and transferred to a USB drive.

A few things I noted:
  1. The USB drive had to be formatted to FAT32 before it could be recognised by the car. NTFS was not recognised.
  2. The downloaded file is a Zip file, you need to extract the .pkg file from it, before the car can recognise it.
  3. You should not have any other file on the USB drive, and it should not have any sub-folders.
  4. You can just start the car and the infotainment system and then connect the USB. It will usually recognise the update package file and ask permission to update.
  5. While the update process asks you to park the car to the side, I upgraded it on the way to office and it worked perfectly fine.
  6. Yes, reversing camera appears on top of the upgrade process window, and doesn't halt it.
I don't see any change in the system. But I suppose it will perform better and smoother now.

Last edited by Small Bot : 5th October 2023 at 14:47. Reason: Spelling
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 14:57   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
I don't see any change in the system. But I suppose it will perform better and smoother now.
Hope the random disconnect issue of android auto which many have complained in the forum is resolved with his upgrade.
Old 5th October 2023, 21:57   #869

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Today just tried the following
1) Factory reset of the infotainment system.
2) Downloaded the Smartplay Pro/Pro+ sync app in my android and connected it with my head unit with Bluetooth and wifi.
3) Updated the software with the app and now I guess all niggles must have gone as updated version is of Dec 2022.
I am not sure if we can do this for VXI-MT. I am really fed up with frequent disconnect of my Android Auto
Old 5th October 2023, 22:18   #870

I recently completed 10k for my VXI-MT. will be giving it for 2nd free service. On highways at high speeds the rear suspensions do not really perform well. Especially with uneven connections on fly-overs and sudden small pot holes. Is this a known issue or something can be done during the service. Any suggestions/guidance on what to look for during the 10k service are really helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks