Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2022, 20:48   #256

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Yes also please read my post of 4th September in this section. Only take care not to floor the accelerator. Keeping speeds of @ 80kmps you will be able to enjoy the drive and the car
Thanks a tonne for the advice!
Old 18th September 2022, 21:25   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead19 View Post
Would you suggest a highway drive before 1000 km itself? My current odometer reading is merely 107 km.
You may follow the Run-in guideline for new car as mentioned in this article, in case you have not seen it -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ownin...r-new-car.html (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car)
Old 18th September 2022, 21:55   #258
BHPian

What kind of waiting period does Brezza have in Gurgaon at the moment?
Also, is the armest available as an accessory for ZXI?
Old 18th September 2022, 22:23   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Also, is the armest available as an accessory for ZXI?
Not officially, though you can retrofit it at any prominent aftermarket accessory shop. Just ensure that they have a workaround for the power outlet for the rear passengers because the ZXI outlet is not physically compatible with the AC vent panel that comes with the armrest assembly.
KebabBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 22:48   #260
BHPian

In the Grand Vitara drive review published today in some You tube channels, it was reported that the mild hybrid (particularly MT variants) with the same K15C engine performed lethargically in the hilly terrain though not much increase in actual vehicle weight. Can any current owner of New Brezza confirm how is the behaviour of this car uphill if already driven in hilly area.
Old 19th September 2022, 08:59   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
In the Grand Vitara drive review published today in some You tube channels, it was reported that the mild hybrid (particularly MT variants) with the same K15C engine performed lethargically in the hilly terrain though not much increase in actual vehicle weight. Can any current owner of New Brezza confirm how is the behaviour of this car uphill if already driven in hilly area.
Actual hilly terrain drive have yet to test but on the Mumbai - Pune (03-09-2022) expressway Ghat section performed well and coming back inspite of heavy rains the car held ground on sharp turns.
Old 20th September 2022, 16:31   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebabBoi View Post
Not officially, though you can retrofit it at any prominent aftermarket accessory shop. Just ensure that they have a workaround for the power outlet for the rear passengers because the ZXI outlet is not physically compatible with the AC vent panel that comes with the armrest assembly.
Thanks! Saw a couple of videos online and understood the process.

Saw from one of your earlier posts that you've got the fog lamps installed from the dealer? Could you share a picture/ explanation of the wiring they did for it?

TIA
Old 21st September 2022, 00:34   #263

Had the opportunity to have a really tiny TD of the Brezza Zxi+ AT this evening. It was at Gariahat, Kolkata and in the midst of pre Puja shopping frenzy! The car is a boon in bumper to bumper traffic, what was impressive is the speed at which the ICE cuts in the moment you release the brakes, though there is a tangible and very perceptible throb as the engine kicks in it is almost immediately toned down and soon you are no more aware of the engine doing its duty. Don't know if it was peculiar to the TD car or not but found that the braking is not linear,
Having read a lot about its throttle responses in this forum was eager to test it out myself. I found an opportunity albeit a small one as i climbed the Gariahat flyover. flooring the throttle doesn't get translated into the car surging ahead, in fact nothing happens other than you feel a mushy sensation through the pedal. Perhaps sensing my dismay, the driver who was accompanying me just set the car in manual mode, the change in dynamics was almost instantaneous, the car that was hunting for traction immediately found its bearings, the person advised me to upshift with the paddle shifter and there after it was fun. There was no more drama and soon as we curved downwards the MID showed that the car had reverted back to D mode.
The ride quality is ages ahead of my 2016 Vitara Brezza. Though most of my maruti steerings have rather been vague, This one is really precise, I did read somewhere in the threads that they do have play or understeer near the centre , I found it to be very precise, the car goes to where it is supposed to. it is light too, infact in crawling speeds it is one finger light I might say. Cannot comment about steering weighing up at speeds though! The AC had to be turned off after a while as it was super chill even in Kolkata humidity, but then evenings are not the best time to test them! MID could have been better designed and of course needed to be Hi resolution, it looked so yesterday. Tram tracks were negotiated really well, small potholes were dismissed with aplomb. All in all it was a much better suspension than the 1st gen Brezza.
Loved the HUD amongst the bells and whistles, Boy does it make you feel good! but what I found strange is that it was completely illegible/invisible against the reflection of my LED headlamps against the rear of the car in front of me. Could the color of the letters projected on the HUD be changed to green or red may be to be better visible? Again don't know if it was our TD vehicle or not, the projection did seem a bit tilted and off centre .
The Infotainment screen was showing a steady 9.8 kmpl fuel average all the while , when asked the accompanying staff of the dealership had lots of cock and bull stories about such low Fuel economy. My question to fellow mates is what could be the real fuel efficiency taken by tank to tank method? anything lesser than 15 km/l would seriously have me thinking about diesels again, my monthly runs are around 2800-3000 km. people in the forum have obtained wonderful FE, if that's the norm then it makes sense buying this stuff. my outgoing 2016 Brezza nets about 18 km/l in Kolkata and about 19.5-20 km/l in highways. I make about 2-3 trips to the hills each year and that too with a fully loaded vehicle I need to be reassured about its climbing prowess, people who have owned and driven to the hills with their friends and families in the cabin may please share their experiences.
Though I did not get the chance to take it out to the highway, I have read about it being a relaxed cruiser at 80km/h and so on, wouldn't it have been so much better if that relaxed cruising came at around 110-120? Whats an SUV that doesn't or can't do three digit figures all day long at the highway? Enthusiastic driving now is becoming the purview of the well heeled, what with fun cars now only in the vicinity of 20 lakhs!
Crazy4cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 19:06   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Could you share a picture/ explanation of the wiring they did for it?
Unfortunately the car is on an outstation trip. The fog lamps came with a separate MGA harness/wiring that is a plug and play system. The stock car already had the detached plugs for the fog lamps. The harness was attached to them and laid around the engine bay, secured at multiple points with plenty of zip-ties, eradicating any play in he wiring.

I was provided a warranty card with the details of the fog lamps and some extra zip-ties as well.
KebabBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 23:37   #265
BHPian

Hello,
Am looking for a soft copy of the user manual for brezza 2022. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2022, 08:57   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9216 View Post
Hello,
Am looking for a soft copy of the user manual for brezza 2022. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Unfortunately Maruti is not providing it. I had asked for it before getting the car, showroom didn't have it. Only hard copies are available.
Old 22nd September 2022, 10:30   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4cars View Post
Perhaps sensing my dismay, the driver who was accompanying me just set the car in manual mode, the change in dynamics was almost instantaneous, the car that was hunting for traction immediately found its bearings, the person advised me to upshift with the paddle shifter and there after it was fun.
Oh yeah, the manual mode is a boon on this otherwise ho hum powertrain. Comes handly when you want to execute a quick overtake or accelerate faster. While I'm speaking from my little experience driving the XL6 AT a couple of days ago, have heard that the performance on the Brezza is better. Lower power:weight, perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4cars View Post
The Infotainment screen was showing a steady 9.8 kmpl fuel average all the while , when asked the accompanying staff of the dealership had lots of cock and bull stories about such low Fuel economy. My question to fellow mates is what could be the real fuel efficiency taken by tank to tank method?
A friend and neighbour owns the S-Cross mild hybrid 4AT which returns 11-14 kmpl depending on driving conditions. I'd expect real world figures for the Brezza to be in the approximately same range too. Perhaps, 12-15 kmpl given Maruti's penchant to extract more miles with each iteration.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 07:36   #268
BANNED

Brezza ZXI + AT costs about 18 lakhs on road in Bangalore, is it worth at that price point?
ZXI AT costs 16 lakh, will that be VFM?
Old 25th September 2022, 09:50   #269
BHPian

Are folks in Bangalore north able to get a test drive of the Brezza AT ? I have checked at Arena showrooms on the Hebbal ring road stretch and Airport road. Neither of them has a test drive vehicle available, even though they display a "test drive available" sign on the display vehicle.
Old 25th September 2022, 09:53   #270
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Brezza ZXI + AT costs about 18 lakhs on road in Bangalore, is it worth at that price point?
ZXI AT costs 16 lakh, will that be VFM?
I think you are mistaken, or you may have included the cost of accessories and insurance quoted is grossly overpriced in your quote, as far as I know, the Brezza ZXI+ AT costs around Rs. 17.05 lakhs only, which by the way is still a bit too high and doesn't feel VFM.

The Best VFM option would be to go with the Brezza VXI AT at Rs.13.6 lakhs OTR Bangalore and get all extra addons and accessories required.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks