Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2022, 14:36   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Shashank Srivastava claims that the new Brezza has received over 106,000 bookings so far.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-20220903_143859.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd September 2022 at 14:39.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 14:12   #212
BHPian

Yesterday completed 1000Kms of my new Brezza 2022 and the following observations
- Drove in the city for about 350 km and many times or mostly bumper to bumper traffic but got average fuel economy of 15 kmpl.
- Two days ago went to Mumbai and then Pune for family visit initially the car performed slowly but once 500kms were completed then there is a change - performs better. FE achieved till Mumbai 19.7 kmpl.
- As posted by fellow bhpian aditya.marla in his post the car is very silent and suspension superb as had bad roads till Vapi (Gujarat).
- The audio system is superb and Android Auto works great but with wired USB to my cell. (Google maps/Spotify and other music App were used). I not connected to wire then Bluetooth connection is strong for calls and audio. The call quality and the steering controls work flawlessly. The cell phone gets charged quickly both in wired USB mode and wireless.
- Yesterday went to Pune from Mumbai via expressway and the cruise control was operated at 80 kmph. The best part is you can reduce-increase the speed with by steering control.
- Used the paddle shifters while overtaking and they work great. The car does not shoot if you floor the accelerator like the manual ones but there is a slight lag around 10 secs before it picks up speed. The shifting of gears is not at all noticeable.
- Yesterday drove back home from Pune and started at 15.00 hrs - completed 1000 kms and now the engine is more responsive. Encountered heavy rain near Lonavla section of the expressway, car holds the road even on sharp turns. In heavy traffic on Thane Belapur road and Ghodbunder road the Li battery was a boon with the crawl feature.
- Reached Vasai bridge at 20.30 hrs after break for dinner and now the LED headlights brightened up the dark highway - need to slightly adjust the full beam. When I reached home the FE achieved was 20.5 kmpl.
- On the whole trip going and coming mostly my speed was around 80 kmph and only on the expressway once or twice went up to 102 for a few minutes otherwise stuck between 80-90 kmph.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2022 at 12:15. Reason: Typo edited
ACMerchant is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 14:47   #213
BHPian

Some astonishing mileage numbers your Brezza AT posted! Is this tankful to tankful or MID ?

Happy to hear that the car opened up after 1k Kms . I am also waiting for my Zxi AT
buntee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 16:50   #214
BHPian

I had taken a test drive of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza ZXi Plus Automatic yesterday and I was quite impressed, it has a smooth engine and gearbox combination and the suspension handled well over the bad roads in our village.
On the highway, it is not as quick as the other options due to just 103 hp and 137 nm of torque, but acceleration is quite smooth and linear, good for relaxed driving. The car is definitely much more feature loaded than before, and interior fit and finish and quality have improved but not up to the standards set by the Korean duo of Kia and Hyundai.
For the same price as a Brezza ZXI Plus automatic, I can get a Sonet GTX Plus Diesel Automatic, which speaks for how much more expensive the Brezza has become as compared to rivals.
bijims is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 09:19   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Some astonishing mileage numbers your Brezza AT posted! Is this tankful to tankful or MID ?

Happy to hear that the car opened up after 1k Kms . I am also waiting for my Zxi AT
When I topped up before the journey the tank was half full and same on completion again half full.
Old 6th September 2022, 12:37   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Brezza has below advantages over Kia Sonet as per carwale
  1. One Touch Down for all windows compared to only diver side in Kia Sonet
Can someone verify this? This feature was not in 2021 brezza, i think.
Old 6th September 2022, 13:35   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
Can someone verify this? This feature was not in 2021 brezza, i think.
I drove Brezza last week and certainly this feature wasn't there. I drove top of the line Zxi+ Auto variant.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 13:53   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I drove Brezza last week and certainly this feature wasn't there. I drove top of the line Zxi+ Auto variant.
Thanks for clarifying. As per my knowledge, there is no car with "one touch down for all windows" feature in sub-4m segment.
Old 6th September 2022, 19:55   #219
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Brezza becomes top selling cSUV in august with 15,193 sales/dispatches ,commendable for a Petrol only cSuv.

Brezza will reach 8 lakh unit milestone by end of september or early October.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-f1b84f57a0f2498f8a79a316f1f75707.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-2133f395efa24a8cabd1482dbb418d6f.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 6th September 2022 at 20:04.
XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 04:52   #220
BHPian

Maruti took note of its falling market share in many segments and launched/ continues launching updated products to regain the market share lost. The new Brezza with its feature additions has helped it regain the Compact SUV crown and it will most probably retain it for the forseeable future in my opinion.
The Brezza is selling in large numbers and with the festive season coming up, sales are bound to go up.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 15:35   #221
BHPian

Has anyone noticed a weird kind of vibration occurring in the clutch pedal when picking the car up in 1st gear? Every person I have mentioned it to has completely denied it to the point I am genuinely questioning myself . Just got the first checkup done today at 1 month (760kms) and two of my trusted senior Service Advisors test drove the car and denied it as well.

It feels like a jerky spring or some friction generated in the pedal mechanism and feels really bad when operating the clutch.
Old 8th September 2022, 19:29   #222
BHPian

I am wondering can the 360 degree camera in the front and the back work as dash cams? Does anyone have idea about this?
I am thinking of getting dash cam for my car. I want to look at options.
Old 9th September 2022, 20:37   #223

Dealer extremely lax

I had booked the Brezza back in July. I was promised a delivery by August mid. Come august 15th, there was no news whatsoever. When I pressed the dealer, I was promised a delivery by august. “ 100% sir you’ll be driving a new Brezza come august end. I assure you, I need the sale to happen more than you need a new car, I’ll definitely get it delivered!”, the SA proclaimed. I decided to trust him and to be honest, it’s not like I had any other choice. Come 31st August, there’s no news at all. Zilch.
I decided to escalate to the manager, who in firm words told me to “have patience, he’ll look into it”. I then received an email around 2 days later saying due to semiconductor shortage there’s a delay in deliveries and I’ll receive my vehicle by Oct end.

No offence, but there’s no way I’m waiting 3 months for a Maruti.
I called the manager and told him to cancel my booking. Now his demeanour changed and requested me to rethink my decision. I digressed and told him to either deliver my car within the month else there’s no need to keep my booking.
I get a call from my SA after a day saying there’s a grey Brezza in my configuration available. I accepted and made the due payment.
The dealer then demanded full payment along with insurance because it’s standard practice and unless I approve, the car will be allotted to someone else. I tried my best to negotiate but they were firm in their argument. Also I really needed a new car asap and hence I gave in.

Now the SA said it’ll take approx 8 business days for registration and tax( excluding weekends and bank holidays). At this point it sounded incredibly ridiculous, who takes so long for this! I again relented because he promised a delivery by 9th Sep.

Come 9th Sep he says tax has not been paid yet as the “website is not working for 3-4 days” and I should expect delivery around 15-16th.

I am absolutely done. No excitement left for a new car after almost half a decade. In fact I’m planning to sell this as soon as a good EV comes into the market.

For fellow BHPians in Kolkata, beware of Maruti dealers. They seem to be taking notes from their Toyota counterparts.
Old 9th September 2022, 21:42   #224
BHPian

Me and my dad went to test drive the AT last week. We were looking for a mid size car in between our santro and creta that we could also use for occasional light highway trips and had high hopes on Brezza AT. The pickup and drivability was fine but both of us felt that the NVH, rear seat comfort and under thigh support was poor and the ride was a lot more harsh compared to our 1st gen Creta so it's out of consideration now.

Incidentally I also sat in the new Celerio and Wagon R and did not feel comfortable at all in the rear seat.
We also have a previous gen celerio which is actually quite comfortable compared to the new version. Felt that Maruti was really moving down in terms of overall quality.
CCRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 07:11   #225
BHPian

Just bought the Brezza 2022 ZXi. Primarily to be used in the city and will be mostly driven by wife. Impressed with the dynamics on offer from a Maruti. Good suspension and light steering are suited for bad and congested city roads. Detailed review coming up soon. Except for the low VFM quotient, I do feel it is a non enthusiast rounded package that will serve us for a long time. Detailed review coming up.
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-brezza.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks