Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 08:19   #1186
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
I completely agree that most of the you tubers cannot be trusted. Only place to get unbiased view is this fabulous forum.
While I agree, but we have to give it Mahindra for getting hundreds of Scorpio Ns ready for Reviewers and their brutal Test Drives and sometimes harsh reviews. Mahindra would not have risked this if they did not believe in the quality of what they have built. Give me one more manufacturer that does this. This also gives me a lot of confidence that their first batch would be good and one does not need to wait or next batch of production. Also, the issues that most reviewers are pointing to are the same (3rd row comfort, boot space etc); this has made it super easy for Mahindra to focus on what to fix for the next iteration.

Quote:
Having said that, I would have spent extra moolah if Endi was still around. No matter what these you tubers have to say.
Agreed the Ford Endeavour was a fabulous product. But reality is Ford is out and others have swallowed Ford Sales. It would be quite a challenge for them to come back to India, re-establish and start selling again. Specially given the dealers have switched their showrooms to other manufacturers and with news that Ford is selling its plants.

Last edited by MetalClank : 14th August 2022 at 08:23.
Old 14th August 2022, 09:41   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
On the topic of suspension stiffness
2WD v 4WD
Thanks for sharing. While expected, good to see the validation..
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 10:08   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
Just 2 Days more to go for Scorpio N final order modification. I am very much confused about Z8 AMT 4X4 and Z8L AMT 4x4. Below are the extra features in Z8L compare to Z8 and I am trying to convince me to go for Z8 instead of Z8L.

Driver Drowsiness Detection

Front Camera

Front Sensor

Wireless Charging

Sony 12 Speakers

Electric Seat Adjustment
You missed the 17" inch alloys that are there in Z8L and missing on the Z8. So assuming 60K for the alloys, are those above features worth 1.4L? I think it's just about fair to opt for the Z8L, especially for Manual transmission.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 15:38   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. While expected, good to see the validation..
I am still looking to drive the 4WD to check out the stiffness myself. Heck. Still nothing is available.

No real world comparison of 2WD vs 4WD by any trusted source.
Old 14th August 2022, 17:08   #1190
BANNED

Any XUV700 owners who can vouch for the usefulness of the remote car start and remote AC start feature? I am particularly interested in remotely starting the AC.

How good is the remote AC start feature. It would be an absolute pleasure to start the AC remotely for 5-10 minutes when parked in hot sun and then get into the vehicle.

What are the risks with AdrenoX w.r.t hacking and taking over your vehicle?
Old 14th August 2022, 17:49   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
Hi all, need quick advice on my scorpio n booking under introductory :

1. I am worried about the milage of Z4 Diesel Manual that I have booked? If it's under 10, I believe I am buying a white elephant who I can't afford.
2. 10 years Delhi NCR limit. I usually keep all my cars till their end of life and i am worried that 10 years would just fly by in no time. With impending electric cars transition, do you believe there will be any resale value what so ever ? I can switch to petrol but that will defeat the whole purpose and will hit point 1.

Thank you in advance for your great support
With the detuned engine and the manual, you are giving yourself the best chance to get maximum fuel economy. I have watched many reviews on YouTube and not one mentioned a single digit fuel economy figure for Diesel.

Check GTO's review in this same thread, he got 11.

Your fear about diesel vehicles having non existent resale value come 2032 might be valid. The silver lining is by then they would have invented a way to convert ICE vehicles to Electric
Old 14th August 2022, 18:00   #1192

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I thank TBHP for approving my membership.

I need help/advice from the wise members to clear a confusion on my next purchase. My requirement is simple and generic. I need a reliable and reasonably fuel efficient car which can drive me anywhere (by road) in India. I am not in hardcore off-roading. My budget is flexible but wish to optimize the value for money quotient. I have three bookings for Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara MT AWD, Mahindra Scorpio N Z8 MT 4wd (not in the first 25k though), and Mahindra XUV 700 AX7 L AT AWD (Expected delivery on August 2023).

My main concerns for those three cars are following:

(1) Grand Vitara MT AWD is underpowered. I have doubts how it will perform on highways and hills. Actual test drive may give some more light on this issue.

(2) Scorpio N Z8 MT 4wd is not very fuel efficient. Its large size might be a disadvantage for its go anywhere characteristics. I did test drive a Diesel 2wd. I liked the driving but in the 2nd row, some body roll was there. Also I miss the 360 degree camera here, which is there in the other two.

(3) XUV 700 AWD's test drive experience was fascinating. It is an allrounder and liked by my family as well. But, it is pricy and from some reviews (including Youtube's reviews), it seems that its AWD capabilities are not so great.

I am posting this issue here because I am little bit tilted toward the Sorpio N but could not find relatively strong reasons to cancel the other two.

Thanks!
abyaym is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 19:05   #1193
BHPian

Almost 15 days of booking and now I am confused between Z8 AT 4X4 or Z8LMT 4X4. I booked Z8 AT 4WD, but considering to change it to later. Following are my consideration points:

1. I have driven MT all my driving life of 17 years/ more than 2 lakh kms. I never have found any problem with clutch operation and love to drive the rush we fill in MT. I have been driving Duster diesel 110 PS MT for more than 8 years now, and never did I complain about hard clutch. Someone else drives my car, he would complain it to be harder though. I have even done 1000 kms in a same day and also still do my home town in Western Ghats in single day (round trip of 450 km).
2. Considering limited spending power as on date, I cannot stretch for a Z8L AT 4WD. With MT I can opt for a higher variant with some good creature comfort features which are hard to match from the after market shops.
3. Z8L has better music quality for sure, better profile tyres for rough roads and driving pleasure of MT is complimentary.
4. I live in Mumbai Metropolitan Region, traffic is super heavy especially while coming back on eastern express highway. I go to office through that traffic every day.

Wife is happy with both but still she was insisting upon AT as we are entering into 40s and we may not have the same physical fitness going down the ownership period of say 8-9 years.

Any insights from fellow BHPians are welcome.
Old 14th August 2022, 19:20   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
Hi all, need quick advice on my scorpio n booking under introductory :

1. I am worried about the milage of Z4 Diesel Manual that I have booked? If it's under 10, I believe I am buying a white elephant who I can't afford.

Thank you in advance for your great support
Along with mileage, you need to plan for a increase in fuel prices over time as well. Its just not mileage. My personal view is that this vehicle is not really for folks who are sensitive to "cost/KM"
Old 14th August 2022, 21:27   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Almost 15 days of booking and now I am confused between Z8 AT 4X4 or Z8LMT 4X4. I booked Z8 AT 4WD, but considering to change it to later. Following are my consideration points:

1. I have driven MT all my driving life of 17 years/ more than 2 lakh kms. I never have found any problem with clutch operation and love to drive the rush we fill in MT. I have been driving Duster diesel 110 PS MT for more than 8 years now, and never did I complain about hard clutch. Someone else drives my car, he would complain it to be harder though. I have even done 1000 kms in a same day and also still do my home town in Western Ghats in single day (round trip of 450 km).
2. Considering limited spending power as on date, I cannot stretch for a Z8L AT 4WD. With MT I can opt for a higher variant with some good creature comfort features which are hard to match from the after market shops.
3. Z8L has better music quality for sure, better profile tyres for rough roads and driving pleasure of MT is complimentary.
4. I live in Mumbai Metropolitan Region, traffic is super heavy especially while coming back on eastern express highway. I go to office through that traffic every day.

Wife is happy with both but still she was insisting upon AT as we are entering into 40s and we may not have the same physical fitness going down the ownership period of say 8-9 years.

Where in Thane brother ? let's catch up some day..

coming to your question, I have been driving a manual almost the same time as you but now desperately want to shift to AT as i am also in the same age bracket and don't want my knees to give up early owing to driving. I test drove the AT and my left knee thanked me enough. If you drive daily on EEH and suburbs for hours, pls. opt for AT would be my suggestion. if you want to keep driving till 60's, think twice before going ahead with manual, go for the AT. Traffic conditions are worsening day by day and might improve slightly post the Metro starts but still my preference now would be AT only. Gone are the days when AT's used to have less mileage etc.
rahulya007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 21:35   #1196
BHPian

Quote:

If you love the MT, go for it. Like you say, you have no issues driving stick. With AT out of the way, you have flexibility to go for a higher variant or save a couple of lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyaym View Post
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I thank TBHP for approving my membership.

I am posting this issue here because I am little bit tilted toward the Sorpio N but could not find relatively strong reasons to cancel the other two.

Thanks!
IMO, you should go for the XUV700. From whatever reviews are available online currently, it does much better km/L than the Scorpio N. Don't go by YouTube videos that say the XUV is less capable off-road. Swap the HT tyres with good AT rubber and you wouldn't even need AWD in 99% situations. It has more space, provides better km/L, and has more tech. Like you experienced, it has fairly less body roll than the Scorpio N.

P.S., Whenever I have been in confusions like this, I have always realised later that I was overthinking. At the end of all my contemplations, I end up buying what the heart wants. If you buy what you like the most, there are no regrets later.
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 21:47   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyaym View Post
I need help/advice from the wise members to clear a confusion on my next purchase
Have you taken a look at the Toyota version of the Grand Vitara? That in my opinion would be a better deal, the strong hybrid version.

From what you have mentioned, I think the XUV700 is right up your alley. It's a great vehicle, don't know the value proposition in August 23 with future price hikes though. The AWD as per YouTube reviews is still not sorted out, there seems to be a strange noise reported in the front suspension on rough roads. What about the FWD XUV700, AX7L, you might want to switch your booking to that one, its all the car one would ever need for your requirement.
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 22:38   #1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
IMO, you should go for the XUV700................ It has more space, provides better km/L, and has more tech. Like you experienced, it has fairly less body roll than the Scorpio N.

P.S., Whenever I have been in confusions like this, I have always realised later that I was overthinking. At the end of all my contemplations, I end up buying what the heart wants. If you buy what you like the most, there are no regrets later.
Thanks acquillew for your reply. Yes, in terms of comfort and gadgets XUV700 is considerably better than Scorpio N. And, you are absolutely right that we should go by our heart. I bought my Punto Evo sports when they were going to wind up their fiat lines of cars. I bought my Etios G petrol which was the last Etios available in whole WB, Bihar and Jharkhand. I do not regret about my purchases. I can feel your feelings.
However, this time all the three options are new brands and my heart also get confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Have you taken a look at the Toyota version of the Grand Vitara? That in my opinion would be a better deal, the strong hybrid version.

From what you have mentioned, I think the XUV700 is right up your alley. It's a great vehicle, don't know the value proposition in August 23 with future price hikes though. The AWD as per YouTube reviews is still not sorted out, there seems to be a strange noise reported in the front suspension on rough roads. What about the FWD XUV700, AX7L, you might want to switch your booking to that one, its all the car one would ever need for your requirement.
Thanks TheARUN for your suggestions. You have raised some of the pertinent issues of XUV700 AWD.
I have seen both Toyota and Suzuki versions of Grand Vitara on my computer screen only. They are yet to reach my area physically. However, from my past trips like to Munsiyari etc. I feel that I need an AWD/4WD car if I want to travel with my family with peace of mind. So, this time I will stick to only AWD or 4WD cars. IMO XUV700 AWD will give me that peace of mind and Scorpio N 4WD is capable to provide me "absolute" peace of mind along with some negative peace (read low mileage, less comfort, bad space management etc.)
abyaym is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 00:41   #1199

Dear Respected Members and Admin,

While I am gaining a lot of information from these discussions, I have yet to discover a person who has seen the new Scorpio-N in silver colour (in person).

I have booked a silver coloured Scorpion-N ( just because that is the colour of every car that I have owned previously), but without seeing it, in person, it is very difficult to make my decision.

Have any of our members seen the new silver Scorpio-N?

I would really appreciate some insights on the same.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th August 2022, 07:24   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I have driven MT all my driving life of 17 years/ more than 2 lakh kms.
We my friend, are on the same page, approaching 40s. I have been driving diesels for 10+ years, MT all my life. The other day me and wife TDed the 4wd AT and trust me It felt so relaxing. After driving my Scross 1.6 which is notorious for Turbo lag, driving the Scorpio felt so relaxing(AT box masks the lag). Not only was my left knee thanking me, I felt very peaceful. The one thing I would miss is the “Pinned to your seat” experience since the AT is pretty much linear. Trust me, for a city like Mumbai and especially Thane, if not now but later you might crave for an AT.
Try to get a test drive in dense traffic of both MT and AT to get a better understanding.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks