Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 18:06   #61
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Thanks for the review.

Is there a 12V power socket at the front to connect the dash cam? If not, does using the hardwire breach the warranty clause?
There isn't any at the front.Rechargeable tyre inflator will be better then rewiring.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 18:49   #62

Nice review. I am very sorry, but have the made the 2wd a FWD?
Old 30th June 2022, 19:14   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrao23 View Post
Nice review. I am very sorry, but have the made the 2wd a FWD?
Not at all. It is RWD. What made you think so ?
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 19:40   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Not at all. It is RWD. What made you think so ?
Could not make out the driveshafts from the pics angle at first glance, but realised now. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by karthikrao23 : 30th June 2022 at 19:54.
Old 30th June 2022, 19:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
[b]• The tailgate is fully covered on the inside. The white plastic insert on our test car felt very loosely fitted.
Kudos for a brilliant review.

I was curious to seemingly see a door handle with a lock on the interior of the tailgate. Did they have plans to introduce side facing seats in the future or they planned in the past and dropped it, but forgot to remove the handle from there.
Aiel is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 19:59   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Isuzu didn't give rear ones and these guys missed out front? I don't understand how you can claim it to be an offroader and miss out on such a basic thing?
Just got a clarification. The tow hook is hidden behind the flap above the skid plate as marked in the images below.

There's no marking or some etched arrow to indicate that there's a tow hook behind that flap.

Editing the original post.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dsc00661.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-tow-hook.jpeg
Omkar is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 20:12   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just got a clarification. The tow hook is hidden behind the flap above the skid plate as marked in the images below.

There's no marking or some etched arrow to indicate that there's a tow hook behind that flap.

Editing the original post.
This is a tow hook for flat towing with a screwed on eyelet I presume. I was hoping a proper point was given.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st July 2022 at 10:56. Reason: Corrected typo as requested.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 20:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Driving the Mahindra Scorpio-N 2.2L Diesel AT

• While all this sounds super techy on paper, it's the on-road behaviour that matters. The low-speed ride quality, like most body-on-frame SUVs, is jiggly and there's some movement felt, especially with no load in the car. In comparison with the Scorpio Classic, however, the body movement is more controlled in the Scorpio-N.

• Potholes and bad roads are handled very well. Gliding over a rough patch of road at 50 km/h comfortably, where all other cars are crawling at 10-15 km/h to save their suspension, is a joy in itself. As you would expect from a Mahindra, the suspension is very abuse friendly.

• At highway speeds, the ride becomes more composed. Expansion joints are handled nicely and the vertical movement is also well-controlled. Highway cruising should be a breeze in the Scorpio-N.

• Go around curves at speed and there's the obvious body roll given the height of the car. What's noteworthy is that the roll is lesser than in the Scorpio Classic and you don't feel that nervous when you carry some speed into a corner in the Scorpio-N. There's a hint of understeer as well.

• Due to the heavy rains, we couldn't push the car hard on some of the twisty road sections, but from what we could gather, the Scorpio-N is a much better handler than the Scorpio Classic.
A well compiled review. Kudos.

I am on the verge to book a XUV7OO FWD or Scorpio N 2WD. Also i own a Thar 2020. I need to know a relative comparison between the drive quality, handling, body roll and bounciness of XUV7OO vs Scorpio N 2WD.

Are the above mentioned parameters almost in the league of XUV or slightly better than Thar?

I know what is a monocoque and a BOF chassis but Mahindra has portrayed this to be very stable and segment best in all terms.
Please do give a detailed analysis.

Last edited by SportsMedicine : 30th June 2022 at 20:22.
SportsMedicine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 20:27   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsMedicine View Post
A well compiled review. Kudos.

I know what is a monocoque and a BOF chassis but Mahindra has portrayed this to be very stable and segment best in all terms.
Please do give a detailed analysis.
Drive quality, handling, body roll and bounciness of XUV700 will be better than Scorpio N as scorpio is meant to be true blue blooded 4x4. By the way, I also have a Thar and have canceled XUV booking and will go for new scorpio N.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 30th June 2022 at 20:34. Reason: removed acronym
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 20:36   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Drive quality, handling, body roll and bounciness of XUV700 will be better than Scorpio N as scorpio is meant to be true blue blooded 4x4. BTW, I also have a Thar and have canceled XUV booking and will go for new scorpio N.
It would be definitely better in the XUV but by what margin is my question.

I would buy Scorpio N if it drives at-least 50% better than Thar and if its ride, handling, bounciness and body role is upto 70% in the category of XUV7OO.

Also another major concern is the 3rd row tumble occupies 40% of boot and by that percentage its not at all practical boot utilisation. Also no split seats. So either its 6/7 persons travelling with no luggage or 5 people travelling with half the luggage that could have gone in a XUV.

Another concern is the curtain airbags do not reach the 3rd row in Scorpio N while they do in XUV7OO. No AC vents or power outlet in 3rd row too.
SportsMedicine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 20:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
It would be definitely better in the XUV but by what margin is my question.

I would buy Scorpio N if it drives at-least 50% better than Thar and if its ride, handling, bounciness and body role is upto 70% in the category of XUV7OO.

Another concern is the curtain airbags do not reach the 3rd row in Scorpio N while they do in XUV7OO. No AC vents or power outlet in 3rd row too.
Best would be for you to take extensive test ride of both and arrive at the conclusion. I don't think just going by the inputs here would be a good idea. Rest of the concerns raised by you are facts and if they are deal breakers, you have already got your answer.
Old 30th June 2022, 20:54   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Best would be for you to take extensive test ride of both and arrive at the conclusion. I don't think just going by the inputs here would be a good idea. Rest of the concerns raised by you are facts and if they are deal breakers, you have already got your answer.
If the Scorpio N handles even 70% in all the parameters i mentioned in the post above in comparison to XUV7OO i will buy it and remove the 3rd row entirely.

@GTO need a detailed review/ write on drive, handling, bounciness and body roll in comparison to XUV7OO in the upcoming full review please.

Last edited by SportsMedicine : 30th June 2022 at 20:58. Reason: Spelling.
SportsMedicine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 20:56   #73

Ride quality was the only factor that i was worried about in the new Scorpio N. If it is supposedly worser than the already bad Fortuner, then I'd probably stay away. I'm coming from a Duster , and I'm really spoiled by its wonderful ride.

I wonder how the Hexa managed to score such a fantastic ride, despite being a body-on-frame vehicle.
drgeorgeroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 21:25   #74
BHPian

checked out the Scorpio at local dealership, my observations
1. Second Row seat recline lever doubles as one touch tumble when no passenger in the seat.
2. Both segment of bench seat can recline
3. Second row middle occupant will feel hard backrest and seat belt poking the bottom. Middle passenger for long drives wont be happy.
4. Third row seat as cramped, only for smaller kids for short durations.
5. Paint quality is good, wont call best in class. I mean in 15+ lakh range.
6. One touch tumble in second row work nice, but not a soft landing type. Given the heavy seat, front passenger will feel a crash behind.
7. Everything about the car is heavy and big. Lot of car for the money you pay.
8. within showroom, front camera quality looked adequate, but front left and front right views needs some getting used.
9. Love the Scorpio overall, will decide after test drive, if i dont find it intimidating to drive in city roads. My usage will be all in pot holed Bangalore roads.
10. First time, my wife and daughter who have least interest in cars, asking about booking process.
vinbie2019 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 21:54   #75
BHPian

Quote:
If the Scorpio N handles even 70% in all the parameters i mentioned in the post above in comparison to XUV7OO i will buy it and remove the 3rd row entirely.

@GTO need a detailed review/ write on drive, handling, bounciness and body roll in comparison to XUV7OO in the upcoming full review please.
While a full-blown review from TBhp comes up, do check out for reviews from auto magazines on YouTube. I checked out Overdrive, Autocar and Evo. Sirish (Evo) covered most of the points by comparing with other alternatives and he demonstrated the capabilities of 4WD too.

Last edited by atluri_rkc : 30th June 2022 at 21:57.
atluri_rkc is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks