Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:51   #616
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post

After giving a Cheque to the Salesman for pre booking, the gentleman asks him - What is going to be the price? Salesman says price not announced Sir.

Okay no problem, call me when you have all the details and walks out.

Scorpio shopping done.
Too boring! Analysing price and customer behaviour, blaming or appreciating the car manufacturer, arguing or sharing perspective with other Bhpians makes the whole process of car buying nth times more fun.

This is why this forum is so close to our heart. Even non member viewers go through the same experience while going through these threads.

Small things make life worth living !
Arinmech is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:21   #617
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio-N on-road pricing here in Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-sn_price.jpeg  

cool_dube is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:50   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
We are just a miniscule tiny population of city dwelling salaried/ service class who suddenly got interested in Scorpio N Frankly, we are not a pure Scorpio fan. Rather we probably used to give way to any black or speeding Scorpio appearing on our rear view mirrors.

The original Scorpio fan base or customers will not bother about most of the things we are discussing here in length. They will just pick up the SUV and enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Finally someone figured it out
I was also so relieved to see this fresh perspective among the tons of other confused and ambiguous posts getting filled around.

That's what, Scorpio simply cannot take these extreme analysis and reviews. It is what it is.

Simple example, Scorpio Classic still averages a good monthly sale even when it does not have any test drive vehicle in showrooms, no demo piece, no off roading Vlog experts on wheels, well even after unveiling the N.

And now when you compare N with Classic and its pricing, consider whatever you get over Classic as a bonus. And if you do not want the bells and whistles, you have the Classic or if you want a premium outlook you have the 700. M&M has made it very simple, it is us who is complicating it.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 22nd July 2022 at 17:07.
balenoed_ is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:19   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Awaiting eagerly!!!
All the media hype has started to go away, and enthusiasts are not liking the ride quality and other parameters which may become a deal breaker.
But, we need to remember that these "enthusiast crowd"'s contribution to the Scorpio sales may be minuscule, so, M&M may not be really worried. The facts that this crowd considers as "deal breakers" is overlooked by the other factors that Scorpio brought to the table. And even with this iteration, I think the story is the same!
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:28   #620
BHPian

For everyone curious about the pricing On Road in New Delhi.
The pricing surpasses the introductory price of the XUV700 less than an year ago. (21.59 lakhs for AX7 L)

No wonder that felt so jaw dropping for the car we were getting as compared to the N

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-8d1ca866816d4a87be2fd9043feadcf0.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-0b2534660cfa4e4e9a3f28915c6928f6.jpeg
kushgandhi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:04   #621
BHPian

As a potential buyer the only disappointment i have is that we do not have the the lower variant of the Z4 D MT diesel available for test drive. Currently my sales rep in Bangalore said they have only the AT diesel, which i am not interested in driving because if i am planning to spend 17 Lakhs plus on road price for the car, we should get to test drive the model we exactly want to buy. Till now have not seen any reviews of the lower powered diesel engine. So the add to cart will remain for my Z4 D MT 2 WD but i may not pay the booking amount. As if i book and cancel then 10% will get deducted on refund.
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:19   #622
BHPian

Today morning got a call from M&M Customer Service, regarding my online 'add to cart' of Scorpio N. I inquired whether TD vehicle is available at Mysore (India Garage) and she said yes, and I can go for TD. She also literally emphasized that I should not miss booking the vehicle as soon as booking opens on 30th- good to see that auto companies are concerned about sales!

So, I went today for TD to India Garage, Hinkal around 1 PM. The showroom was empty as almost everyone was away for their ritualistic "lunch break" . Not only people, there was not a single other vehicle apart from a lone black Z8 Scorpio N on display. The scene reminded me of the supermarket shelves in the early days of pandemic.
Anyway, I could somehow find a sales guy, who had just finished his lunch and approached him. When I told him that I got a call from Mahindra customer service regarding test drive of Scorpio N, the first thing he asked is "show me the number from which you got a call"!! I was taken a bit aback by this question, but anyway showed him the number from my phone's call list. He started searching it in his contact list and at that time I thought I should intervene, so told him that it was the centralized customer care of M&N and not from the dealer. Okay, so now, he understood and told me 'So you have booked online? Tell me what do you want to know? " some attention at last

I told him that I added to cart Z4 4WD Diesel MT, which he said is not available for TD. In fact no MT model is available for TD. The only one which is available for TD is Z8 Diesel AT 2WD (but it was not available at the dealership right then) and one Z8 4WD may be available sometime next week. The reason why only Z8 is available for TD is that the company wants customers to only experience the top model (playing with aspiration!)

In absence of any TD vehicle available, I checked out the display vehicle Z8+ 2WD and here are my observations;
  1. The vehicle looks humongous from outside almost as massive as Endeavor (although may be smaller in size in reality)
  2. One have to literally climb up into the vehicle
  3. However, the interior of the vehicle is way too crammed compared to its exterior size, which the sales guy also confirmed
  4. The drive seat is so narrow that the contours were literally pressing against my rib cage. I drive a duster and if I compare, Scorpio front seats would be economy class, while Dusters' would be business class. The story is same for front passenger seat. By the way I am 5'11" and moderately stout build. In the first impression, I cannot imagine driving even an hour seating in those seats
  5. The story in the middle row is no different, it is best for 2 passengers of my size, 3 is impossible. Even with 2 passengers, there would be a fight for the mid row hand rest
  6. The third row seemed to me a joke; more of a baby cot than a proper passenger seat. I really wonder how full size adults could sit there in some video reviews, but when I tried to do so, it reminded me of the "murga" punishment is primary school! Such a small a space that my knees almost touching my chest and the headrest was in middle of my back. The sales guy also confirmed that the third row is only good for small children, not even grown up children. The ingress to the third row is not much difficult, but getting out is tricky and a person little than me may fall down because of the height of the vehicle floor
  7. The boot space, with all three rows is negligible. It is only usable when the third row is rolled up (not when folded, because of the height difference between the seat and the floor). However, M&M has not provided anything to secure the rolled up third row and it will definitely bang against luggage in bad roads. A big silly omission for a two million rupees vehicle.
  8. The sunroof is located practically above the front seats and is very narrow. So, I guess only a child or a very thin person siting on the front passenger seat would be able to use it.
  9. For some unknown reason, the sales person did not demonstrated the ICE and other functionalities and I also did not insist.
  10. The view from the driver seat is commanding, although I found some serious blind spots because of the A pillar. The ORVMs are good but the IRVM seemed small considering the size of the vehicle.
  11. There is also problem of door closure, doors do not close properly, unless literally slammed. Probably because of air-pressure inside and comparatively light weight of the doors.
  12. The sales person told me that ground clearance is about 200mm. But when I checked myself, it seemed much less. In fact the GC just below the lower arm of the front suspension seemed very less. Unfortunately I was not carrying any 1 liter bottle to test that.
  13. When inquired regarding vehicle availability, he smirked and said, delivery may happen this year (if you're lucky). When asked about the price point and first 25K bookings, he also said that it's quite unlikely that you'd get at the launch price. But advised me to book online on 30th anyway (this is one consistent message across board, that I have found)
  14. He also said that for more luxury and comfort, I should consider XUV700, because Scorpio N is a hardcore offroader (but then why there are so many 2WD variants? Well he did not think about that!)
  15. The great meeting ended with the sales guy taking my number with a promise that whenever the 4WD vehicle (not the Z4 variant, but Z8) would be available for TD, he will contact me.
Net take for me; after seeing all those walk-around and road test videos, I had a high expectation about Scorpion N, which was not met (if not shattered). Although I have not driven the vehicle, I have now serious doubt whether I would be comfortable in sitting in those narrow seats and drive long hours. Same goes for family, because in spite of being a 7 seater, I don't think we would be able to use it as anything other than a 5 seater, so big question on any trip with extended family. The GC is also doubtful for a 4WD, but only a TD (if and when it happens) may clarify it. Shall I book on 30th? After the visit, not sure.
Ulysses is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:43   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Scorpio-N on-road pricing here in Bangalore
Seriously 30+ lakhs !! IMHO this price might not attract the salaried class a lot. Good thing I booked the XUV 700 . Thanks to my wife who had immediately rejected the Scorpio N on first look
ChetanM6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:54   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
…The third row seemed to me a joke; more of a baby cot than a proper passenger seat. …
I too visited a showroom today and agree with many of the above points, space is a serious constraint and third row is a joke, compared this to my Scorpio S10, which feels airy and more spacious.
2himanshu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 20:53   #625
BHPian

OTR Prices in Kolkata:

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-scorpn_ccu_pl.jpg
nerd1200 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:11   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2himanshu View Post
space is a serious constraint and third row is a joke.
I too felt the same when I visited showroom yesterday. I asked the sales guy why they are not providing 5-seater option like XUV7OO. I also did not like the rear design, appeared too simple.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-sn2.jpg

I have Z4 D AT 2WD in my cart but abandoned the idea of booking. It does not seem to be value for money to me anymore.

I took a short test drive of Z8L P AT. MID was showing a mere 4.7 kmpl in Bangalore city traffic
airbus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:12   #627
BHPian

The premium for auto AWD is insane in my opinion.

And what's with Mahindra and 3rd seating/boot space? None of their cars seem to have a decent 3rd row seating or proper boot. It was a joke in Thar & XUV already and then this. Like, do they need another decade to sort that out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
... to spend 17 Lakhs plus on road price for the car, we should get to test drive the model we exactly want to buy. Till now have not seen any reviews of the lower powered diesel engine. So the add to cart will remain for my Z4 D MT 2 WD but i may not pay the booking amount. As if i book and cancel then 10% will get deducted on refund.
Really? no manufacturer will provide an exact variant as a test drive car, mostly the top-end. If you are seriously considering, why don't you book, wait for these variants to be delivered and try your luck? I mean what is 2500/- (guessing the booking amount to be 20-25K?) when you are ready to spend 17 lacs? With the risk of waiting for a test drive vehicle, you will loose the so called introductory offer pricing (you may already be out of that queue unfortunately?) and end up having to shell out another lac.

Last edited by ganesc : 22nd July 2022 at 21:16.
ganesc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:14   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
I was tilting towards petrol for the very same reason of uncertainty of diesel in NCR.
I would advice to wait and watch even before going in for a petrol because i believe The Transport Minister, Mr Gadkari has big plans for replacing Petrol with alternative fuels.

Apparently he has stated that in coming months, Govt will encourage the use of ethanol in vehicles as a cost effective and pollution-free substitute to other fuels, and said flex-fuel engines will be made mandatory in the coming days.

Frankly i doubt even the OEMs have an idea how the currently in use single fuel ( petrol) engines will react to Bio fuel or Flex Fuels.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...dkari/87652217
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:18   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Z4 2WD comes with the 130 BHP engine whereas the 4WD comes with the 172 BHP one.

The Z8 comes with the 172 BHP engine in both 2WD and 4WD and hence comes with rear lockers and BLD to justify the price difference.
My point was the price difference despite being the same Engines. Only difference or the major difference is the lockers. I am sure, that down the line, there will be an option to enable rear lockers and change the knob internally.
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:29   #630
BHPian

Doing a toss up between Z6 Diesel MT and Z4 petrol AT - I really want the automatic as it’s just 50K more than Z6 Diesel. But then again the thought of single digit fuel economy is scaring me.

Wonder why Mahindra doesn’t at least show photos/videos of the lower variants so that we at least know what we are getting for our money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks