Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2024, 18:40   #3811
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
Hopefully should not be something to worry about. Just take it to the service centre and have all the sensors and couplers checked.
My z8 AT 4WD too had all this and much more, after 4 trips to the service centre and 4 months the problem was identified as a loose coupler somewhere, now things are fine and I’m enjoying the drive, including a lot of bad roads and trails. Do not let go the pressure on the service people till you are fully satisfied. Sometimes I’d come back with all OK but to have the problem reoccur the next day. Luckily the service people here were very patient and cooperative.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease. As long as there’s nothing wrong with the mechanicals, it is manageable. Was worried about the engine suddenly refusing to start at a far away location.

Yes, it is a pity that such a great vehicle can’t get its electronics right! PS: And I hope that it was just the Electronics malfunctioning.

As point 4, that I missed mentioning earlier: The central 8” screen refuses to display anything, including the reverse parking camera display. As a bonus, the 1st 3 points in my previous post got resolved automatically after 30 mins of reboot.

Sucks, nonetheless! Never would have happened with either a German, a Korean or a Ford. But then, I would have had to pay a bomb to get a similar kind of vehicle from them!

PS: I will follow your advice. Not letting the service guys off the hook till all issues are resolved completely.

Last edited by manishk83 : 11th September 2024 at 18:49.
Old 11th September 2024, 19:31   #3812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
Heard twice a ‘Thud’ sound - like something fell on the roof.

Worried, I thought I’d move the vehicle. And suddenly, I see 3 things:

1. A yellow ‘tilted car’ warning symbol (within two concentric circles) on the MID (I checked whether I mis-intentionally engaged Hill Descent Control or anything else - I did not) - and I had parked on a flat surface.
2. The car showing ‘Error’ where ‘Kms travelled’ should have been showing.
3. The drive modes got de-activated. When trying to engage drive modes, I got a message ‘Drive mode Disabled’ on the MID.
Don't worry, its just the typical bugs saying hi to you.

i see that the issues resolved automatically hence not surprised, that's how they are supposed to be and you would be meeting them occasionally.

That Thud/cracker sound most probably was from the speakers, would have occurred the moment you sat in the car and pressed the start button, it happens for many, just randomly.

Same with the other 1 and 2 they will go away automatically, i have the petrol one so no drive mode related issues.

Don't be surprised if the reverse screen remaining on inspite of the vehicle is in forward gears, will resolve automatically after 30 mins after the vehicle is switched off.
Gaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 17:49   #3813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Don't worry, its just the typical bugs saying hi to you.

i see that the issues resolved automatically hence not surprised, that's how they are supposed to be and you would be meeting them occasionally.

That Thud/cracker sound most probably was from the speakers, would have occurred the moment you sat in the car and pressed the start button, it happens for many, just randomly.
It was the new lady demanding some attention! You were right. This morning, everything was all hunky-dory and good to go. All glitches resolved automatically.

Got my 1000 km service done today. The service advisor wasn’t even surprised hearing about this incident - seems like a regular occurrence. His suggestion: If it recurs, Disconnect the (-ve) plug on your battery. Wait for a few minutes. Reconnect. Everything will be all good.

The DriveU guy who picked up and dropped off my car had a sage advice: “Mahindra is offering Electronics of a 45 Lakh car in 20 Lakhs.
I drive an Alto - I don’t expect it to pick-up a 10 Ton weight.” Case rested!

Last edited by manishk83 : 12th September 2024 at 17:52.
Old 16th September 2024, 15:37   #3814
BHPian

I am running on low DEF for a few days now. Planning to re-fill it. How do you guys generally do that ? Do you take it to the service center or get it from somewhere like Shell and fill it yourself ?
Old 17th September 2024, 07:39   #3815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I am running on low DEF for a few days now. Planning to re-fill it. How do you guys generally do that ? Do you take it to the service center or get it from somewhere like Shell and fill it yourself ?
I learnt from someone that SN doesnt have sensors for DEF quality like the bigger trucks do, hence prefer to use only Maxiclean. Mine also running low for about 700kms now, odo at 9.5k, planning to refill during service this week. Full tank lasts more than 10k.
yadavsid21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 12:01   #3816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
I learnt from someone that SN doesnt have sensors for DEF quality like the bigger trucks do, hence prefer to use only Maxiclean. Mine also running low for about 700kms now, odo at 9.5k, planning to refill during service this week. Full tank lasts more than 10k.
Mine should also have lasted 10K. But I remember it was at 92% when I took delivery. Now the odo is at 8200kms and it says the car will not start in another 1200kms. Have some long trips coming up. So going to get it filled anyway. Thanks for the pointer on Maxiclean.
Old 17th September 2024, 14:05   #3817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Have some long trips coming up. So going to get it filled anyway. Thanks for the pointer on Maxiclean.
Cross posting a thread on xuv700 & DEF.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/sas-ad...uid-def-xuv700
Good idea to have a 6L or smaller bottle at home for topping up for such scenarios. But check the expiry date, DEF has 2 years expiry iirc.
Alternatively the remaining amount from 10L bucket can be transferred to 1 or 2L bottle for future use.
yadavsid21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 17:59   #3818
Senior - BHPian

Was checking out used Scorpio Ns on OLX for a mate. Came across an ad with the picture of my car

https://www.olx.in/item/cars-c84-use...iid-1770866192

Boy, am I going to have a word with this guy

The ad:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-5080.png

The original from my parking (without watermark):
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5964.jpeg

Will update once the scammer abuses me and gets away with it (as OLX is the most worthless piece of trash in c2c software existence)
vredesbyrd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 11:45   #3819
BHPian

Driving Scorpio-N Diesel AT, using Manual shifters:

I drive with a heavy foot and love quick acceleration, torque and pep. I recently purchased the Scorpio-N Diesel AT. I love its driving dynamics and the initial burst of acceleration and torque. However, somewhere around the 80 kmph mark, I feel a sudden turbo/ torque lag. To understand what could be the reason, I drove it using manual shifters yesterday. Observations:

1. The major burst of torque happens after the 1800-2000 rpm mark.
2. Driving via the manual shifters, I observed that the rev range remains pep-friendly till the 4th gear.
3. However, the 5th gear has a very wide spacing (I hope I am using the correct terminology) versus the 4th gear and even if you upshift to the 5th when the rpm is at 3500+ in the 4th gear, the rpm suddenly drops to <2000 rpm. And then, there is a decided 1 second lag before revs pick up again.
4. Between the 5th and the 6 gears, the spacing isn't as wide and when you shift to the 6th from the 5th at around 3000 rpm mark, the rpm doesn't drop as significanly.

Observations? Thoughts? Is there a way to avoid the lag when moving from the 4th to the 5th gear?

Last edited by manishk83 : 20th September 2024 at 11:46.
Old 22nd September 2024, 01:34   #3820
BHPian

Re: 9D Mats for Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
I have been using the 3D Pharaoh mats for my AT for 2 months now. A bit expensive but very good in foot rest, feeling, contours and covers the dead pedal.
Can you pls confirm if these have trunk/boot mat included too? Did you order those from Pharaoh Automotive website or Amazon?
Old 24th September 2024, 01:48   #3821
BHPian

Came across this wonderful long term ownership review of the Scorpio N from Australia and thought of sharing it here. Great to see the Scorpio N being loved in Australia, going by the comments on the video.

Shanksta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2024, 12:48   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Independent View Post
Can you pls confirm if these have trunk/boot mat included too? Did you order those from Pharaoh Automotive website or Amazon?
Pharaoh Mats come in 4 pieces for the 3 seating rows and boot mat is not included. I have been using these for last 1.5 years and quality is very good, and cleaning/maintenance is easier compared to 7-D mats.
Rahkehs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2024, 16:00   #3823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Pharaoh Mats come in 4 pieces for the 3 seating rows and boot mat is not included. I have been using these for last 1.5 years and quality is very good, and cleaning/maintenance is easier compared to 7-D mats.
Thanks Rahkehs. I have ordered a set already from Amazon, but I need something for the trunk as well. Called up a local accessories shop & they say that GFX sells only trunk mats separately. Couldn't find it online though.

Have anyone tried this? CAPEDELL Premium 7D Boot/Trunk Mats
Old 25th September 2024, 21:56   #3824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Came across this wonderful long term ownership review of the Scorpio N from Australia and thought of sharing it here. Great to see the Scorpio N being loved in Australia, going by the comments on the video.

https://Youtu.be/ROAjsEPiZPg?si=mYNA3t2fEMUKkpqU
Seems to have had a surprisingly niggle-free ownership experience.
Wonder if export vehicles get built to higher standards and/or get the latest bug-free software versions before us desi customers.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2024, 23:08   #3825
BHPian

Hi members, I m in a bit of a confusion, existing ScorpioN owners can shed some light.
I know both are from different segments but since it's under my budget hence I m keeping my options:
Out of the ScorpioN and Creta, which would be more comfortable for my usage: ~150km highway runs weekly + weekly 3-4 days short city drives ~10kms each.

Highways are national + 2 lane state highways with average condition.
I m a sedate driver and enjoy the driving experience.
Please suggest.
Note: I drive an Ecosport petrol manual now.

Most Viewed