Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2024, 18:40   #3811
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
Hopefully should not be something to worry about. Just take it to the service centre and have all the sensors and couplers checked.
My z8 AT 4WD too had all this and much more, after 4 trips to the service centre and 4 months the problem was identified as a loose coupler somewhere, now things are fine and I’m enjoying the drive, including a lot of bad roads and trails. Do not let go the pressure on the service people till you are fully satisfied. Sometimes I’d come back with all OK but to have the problem reoccur the next day. Luckily the service people here were very patient and cooperative.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease. As long as there’s nothing wrong with the mechanicals, it is manageable. Was worried about the engine suddenly refusing to start at a far away location.

Yes, it is a pity that such a great vehicle can’t get its electronics right! PS: And I hope that it was just the Electronics malfunctioning.

As point 4, that I missed mentioning earlier: The central 8” screen refuses to display anything, including the reverse parking camera display. As a bonus, the 1st 3 points in my previous post got resolved automatically after 30 mins of reboot.

Sucks, nonetheless! Never would have happened with either a German, a Korean or a Ford. But then, I would have had to pay a bomb to get a similar kind of vehicle from them!

PS: I will follow your advice. Not letting the service guys off the hook till all issues are resolved completely.

Last edited by manishk83 : 11th September 2024 at 18:49.
Old 11th September 2024, 19:31   #3812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
Heard twice a ‘Thud’ sound - like something fell on the roof.

Worried, I thought I’d move the vehicle. And suddenly, I see 3 things:

1. A yellow ‘tilted car’ warning symbol (within two concentric circles) on the MID (I checked whether I mis-intentionally engaged Hill Descent Control or anything else - I did not) - and I had parked on a flat surface.
2. The car showing ‘Error’ where ‘Kms travelled’ should have been showing.
3. The drive modes got de-activated. When trying to engage drive modes, I got a message ‘Drive mode Disabled’ on the MID.
Don't worry, its just the typical bugs saying hi to you.

i see that the issues resolved automatically hence not surprised, that's how they are supposed to be and you would be meeting them occasionally.

That Thud/cracker sound most probably was from the speakers, would have occurred the moment you sat in the car and pressed the start button, it happens for many, just randomly.

Same with the other 1 and 2 they will go away automatically, i have the petrol one so no drive mode related issues.

Don't be surprised if the reverse screen remaining on inspite of the vehicle is in forward gears, will resolve automatically after 30 mins after the vehicle is switched off.
Gaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 17:49   #3813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Don't worry, its just the typical bugs saying hi to you.

i see that the issues resolved automatically hence not surprised, that's how they are supposed to be and you would be meeting them occasionally.

That Thud/cracker sound most probably was from the speakers, would have occurred the moment you sat in the car and pressed the start button, it happens for many, just randomly.
It was the new lady demanding some attention! You were right. This morning, everything was all hunky-dory and good to go. All glitches resolved automatically.

Got my 1000 km service done today. The service advisor wasn’t even surprised hearing about this incident - seems like a regular occurrence. His suggestion: If it recurs, Disconnect the (-ve) plug on your battery. Wait for a few minutes. Reconnect. Everything will be all good.

The DriveU guy who picked up and dropped off my car had a sage advice: “Mahindra is offering Electronics of a 45 Lakh car in 20 Lakhs.
I drive an Alto - I don’t expect it to pick-up a 10 Ton weight.” Case rested!

Last edited by manishk83 : 12th September 2024 at 17:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks