Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2024, 13:17   #3646
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

During my 30K service inspection, M&M service advisor informed me that all 4 brake-pads are worn-out and would go for a maxinum of 2000 KMs. He has suggested replacing all 4. Isn't 30K a but soon for brake pad wear?
Old 3rd July 2024, 13:46   #3647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
During my 30K service inspection, M&M service advisor informed me that all 4 brake-pads are worn-out and would go for a maxinum of 2000 KMs. He has suggested replacing all 4. Isn't 30K a but soon for brake pad wear?
Given the fact that the Scorpio-N can easily weigh upwards of 2 Tonnes (with a few people on board), I wouldn't be too surprised. Also, if your vehicle is an automatic, the wear rate will be higher than a similarly specced manual Scorpio-N. Reason being, with a manual, we can avoid riding the brakes by mistake since it is easier and better to shed highway speeds using engine breaking to a large extent! Automatics aren't that effective in engine braking, especially in Drive mode. So, basically, all of the braking is done using only brakes most of the times. I think 30,000 kms for all brake pads are reasonable, though the experts on this forum may please correct me if I'm wrong.
aveoman19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 22:59   #3648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
Since the past one week I find the range of my car shows a constant 999 kms whether the fuel is less or more. However the mileage figure (Kms/L) is working.

Has anyone faced this issue and knows how to resolve it ? Switching the car off and on does not help.
Remove the negative terminal of battery for 5 minutes and connect again. It should resolve
yadavsid21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 13:24   #3649
BHPian

The new features really should have some clarity lent to them.

There should be optional upgrade packages for actual practical accessories like those listed below available at dealerships, and not just cosmetic sticker based chrome!
1. The IRVM
2. The ventilated seats
3. The wireless charger with a fan
4. The glossy panels
5. Dare I say ADAS?
6. Cameras. Esp the front facing one on the Z8 4x4. I didn't want the motorized seat so I dropped the Luxury option at the time of purchase.
7. Quality FPAS integrated via software.

There should be clarity on which harnesses support these accessories, a clear grid. Not doing so really makes early adopters feel like the rug's been pulled out from under their feet. This, especially when we are the beta testers!

It's clear that MnM has added just the bare minimum features to get the car moving. In 2024 they're feeling the heat of competition (the Creta really has it figured out in terms of features and cabin feel good factor) and are again, hanging on features that should have figured from day 1.

For instance, our seats were perforated in the scorpio N and the 700 from day 1 - and everyone complained about the lack of an autodimming IRVM and ventilated seats. Yet, nothing was done.

Today, we have the seats. Can the AC plumbing not be recycled from the refreshed models? Or is it a standalone fan without the plumbing? I implore people to investigate, as I will, too.

The long vision is terribly lacking! Why is MnM opening the market to Karol Bagh type run by night modifiers?
> This will culminate in poor quality work (as is evidenced by the aftermarket fog lights and lack of transparency from MnM, resulting in many jumping the gun and not waiting for an OE kit) and potential fires and subsequently, poor press.
wooka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 13:44   #3650

Quote:
Originally Posted by venukrithish View Post
Some instances I've noticed them removing features as time goes by but times have changed and they're forced to adapt.
Yes, two major examples that come to my mind are early Nexon's(2017-19) and XUV300.

Companies should be very clear with their features and how they plan to distribute it among variants. Even when they add features it should atleast feel "fair" to their old customers who were willing to bet on a new product. A facelift every 2-3 years is appreciated and is a great way to introduce these features and make their product "relevant".
Old 4th July 2024, 14:56   #3651
BHPian

As 1 of the very 1st owners of Scorpio-N,
I would love to install these ventilated seats in my ride.

If any veteran has any clue on how to move forward on this idea,
please enlighten me as well.

Thanks,
Nitish
Nitish.arnold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 15:29   #3652
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Hope Auto dimming IVRM will be compatible with the older models!
Unlikely due to the fact that it's connected to the rain/light sensor and is limited to AX7L model only.
Old 4th July 2024, 16:06   #3653
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Irrespective of people thinking M&M has cheated basis the added features that have been launched recently, it is nice to notice that it is 2 years since the big bully was revealed (1.5 years since the first was delivered). Just because we are not used to M&M being fast, doesn't mean they aren't allowed to change.

That said- Ventilated seats with motors without memory are useless. IRVM requirement for such high rear window vehicles is minimal. I am, personally, not a fan of the gloss black console...

Functionality that I would have paid for
1. 360 Cam
2. Rear Fog Lamp
3. Telescopic steering

I am happy with my Z8 DAT and more the features Mahindra gives... more the hidden features that come to light
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 17:23   #3654
Senior - BHPian

Going to the service center to get my radiator fan cleaned this saturday (thanks, mud river in tunnel).

Will ask them if these can be ordered using part numbers and installed (IVRM should be simple). Don't care about ventilated seats much, but would be very nice to have them.
What I really do care about is 360 camera and there is no aftermarket solution for it without swapping the OEM infotainment, which I will never do.
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 19:06   #3655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
How much are they quoting for it? And is your car MT or AT?
Old 4th July 2024, 20:45   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
How much are they quoting for it? And is your car MT or AT?
It's a MT. With 4 brake pads replacement, WA, WB and some body polishing to remove minor scratches, I got a bill of 28K INR.

Update :
I have collected my car post 30k service and all 4 brake pads replacement is done. Now the braking is not as good as before. The factory fitted brakes felt so sharp, now the braking is very delayed; feeling nervous while driving. The braking distance has definitely increased.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 4th July 2024 at 20:51.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 21:45   #3657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
They really hate their early batch customers, don't they.
Early batch also gets lower price and price protection at launch. In case of Thar, 2021 model has 2 USB ports and front seats have lumbar adjust both of which were removed later on.

Mahindra has been one of the very very few automotive manufactures in India that actually launch with vfm pricing for their vehicles.
vellatechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 00:37   #3658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
Early batch also gets lower price and price protection at launch. In case of Thar, 2021 model has 2 USB ports and front seats have lumbar adjust both of which were removed later on.
True. Even in the updated S-N you miss out on few features.

1. 2 rear parking sensors instead of 4.
2. Passenger side request sensor.

Early batch of customers had these. But yes since the entire platform is the same. It wouldn’t have hurt them to give the option to upgrade.
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 12:37   #3659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Craver View Post
Seems like Mahindra has also introduced a few more features to other variants. The Z8 S, Z8 and Z8L also get a wireless charger and gloss-black finish on the centre console while the midnight black is no longer exclusive to Z8S.

Attachment 2623179

Image source: https://www.cars24.com/news/auto/exc...-dimming-irvm/
About freaking time.
1. The wireless charging and wireless Apple CarPlay on the current version is a joke. Massively overheats the phone, and my service center (and M&M staff) had the gall to tell me it is an Apple issue

2. The IRVM is also terrible, requiring adjustment to get the field of view right every time you flip between day/night modes. Is it so hard to get something so basic right?

3. Ventilated seats: Will be a blessing for new owners
Mustang Sammy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 16:52   #3660
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from my A.S.S. in Gurgaon regarding a recall by Mahindra for some steering bolt replacement. Has anyone else recieved this call? Mine is a Z8L P AT manufactured in Nov 2023

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks