Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2024, 21:46   #3616

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

So I got a few min with the vehicle. I checked if there were any errors, didn't find anything. The DPF level was around 80%. Even parked, the vehicle took 3-4 secs to switch off. The duration increases the longer it's driven. I was advised to check the battery voltage(as in the car idles till it reached optimum voltage), though I haven't checked it, I doubt if that would be the case. vehicle starts without any fuss whatsoever, also if charging was an issue, if the battery wouldn't charge on the go, it's unlikely to charge at idle.

No Alerts
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20240617_213954.jpg

DEF Level
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20240617_214022.jpg

Fuel Efficiency (probably not relevant, but avg FE is similar as before)
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20240617_214012.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Check key fob battery strength
The key fob works absolutely fine when locking / unlocking from a distance. It also works when switching the car on. The issue is only when switching off the engine.

Also, I checked with the owner and he confirmed he has never been able to switch it off via the app. And I think he was told, it was only to switch on and get AC running only or something. Could someone with Z8L confirm if indeed the vehicle can be switched off via AdrenoX.
Old 18th June 2024, 07:41   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Did a TD of Scorpio N diesel AT 2WD Z8L. My comparison is with my current 2022 XL6 alpha AT.

Taking Scorpio N for offroading, can't even imagine the fate of passengers shaking inside like a martini.
Classic difference between a BOF & Monocoque. I feel XUV700 is more suited towards your requirements.

At lower speeds, the SN is bound to be bouncier. But try taking the same potholes at 40kph in both vehicles. You shall realise where the SN shines (read FSD).

And no, the SN is very much suited for Indian roads, for the uneven potholes riddled roads and definitely no roads. Even I had this thought in the back of my mind when I had taken 5 pax on really bad roads and on a dry river bed (read cobble stones). What really helps is buckling up all the passengers. It not only limits the sway considerably but also increases the comfort. They won’t be getting “shaken”, only “stirred”.

Cheers.
sand-dune96 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 15:14   #3618
BHPian

Got 360 degree camera installed in my Scorpio-N. Wanted to have a dashcam and reverse cam both and the 360 DVR served the purpose. Has wireless AA and Carplay through ZLink and a 4G sim slot. Because it has a SIM I manage to also upload my DVR recordings to Google Drive. Installation was a pain - took full two days because every time something or the other didn't work. Finally everything got sorted when a senior technician from the company visited. Not mentioning the cost here because I got the work done through a known dealer at his input price.

Its from a company called Moco. The entire front frame needs to be changed. The aftermarket frame is pretty decent though and has piano finish except on the buttons.

This is the DVR recording when parked.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2024 at 08:07. Reason: Please use the full form of the car name as it helps clarity & searchability
rodeoz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 18:21   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post

The only reason why I wud not go for it is the unsettled ride quality. Just felt that my XL6 has better ride quality on the regular potholes and bumps since it is planted and not unsettled like Scorpio N. Probably Scorpio N is made for roads that you are most likely to experience in the western world.

Taking Scorpio N for offroading, can't even imagine the fate of passengers shaking inside like a martini.
I understand where you are coming from. My other car is an Altis (a smooth mile muncher) and the car I replaced the Scorpio N with, was a Safari Dicor (king of comfort those days). So I completely understand the unsettling nature that you are talking about. But let me assure you that the ride flattens out as you gain speed. And the stability is excellent at all speeds. I do a lot of highway driving and I don't exactly take it slow. There are curves on my usual route that I would not dare to take the Safari at 90, but with the Scorpio, it is a breeze at 110 + (120 a couple of times just to see how composed the truck is). And the potholes and craters on bad roads are the best place to enjoy the ride.

If you really slow down for uneven road surfaces like you do on a XL6 or Altis, you are bound to be thrown around because of the horizontal movement. It is a very high GC vehicle after all. Take those pothole filled roads at 30 - 40 and you won't feel a thing. Now, is the ride as comfortable as Dicor ? Definitely not ! Is it better that the Altis ? Negative ! But this is a different breed that is easy to live with. Once you get used to it, you will start enjoying the way it drives and the nimble handling (by BOF standards). If you are looking for a vehicle that you want to baby around and get pampered in, then look at the XUV700. It is a much better product in that aspect.
DieselAddikt is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 12:43   #3620
BHPian

Mahindra Recalls Scorpio N to replace Alternator, Pulley

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...-more/3528342/
DHARM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 12:57   #3621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradzz View Post
DEF Level
Does the display also show the DPF filter status/clogging level in a similar fashion?
Old 19th June 2024, 14:06   #3622

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Does the display also show the DPF filter status/clogging level in a similar fashion?
I don't have the exact message or picture with me, but I do remember it throws some kind of DEF error and there is a 'Warning triangle' thingy that pops on the console. You can check the exact error in the Alert History on the speedo I think.

This is not the exact error, but it shows a similar Warning triangle thing (with 3 on it) seen in the pic if there is a DEF issue
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20240430wa0046.jpg
Pradzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 17:22   #3623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
My Scprpio-N broke down today near Dharmathala on my way from Karkala to Bangalore. My car is Z8DMT.
The car was in the service center since Sunday & they have delivered it today after replacing the clutch kit, master cylinder & slave cylinder under warranty. However, they have not been able to give me a root cause on why this issue occurred at the the first place.

I will travel to Mangalore to get the car back but to be honest now this thing is stuck in my head and I am sure I will not be confident again until drive the car for a few hundred kilometers.
DheerajNK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 10:17   #3624
BHPian

I am getting this error in Adrenox app since last few days. The location, trip summary is not getting updated. Alexa is also not working. The subscription is active till June, 2025 ( shown in app as well as verified with M&M over phone). This happened after I stayed in a place with no mobile signal last weekend. The vehicle location is shown as the last place where the e-Sim received mobile signal on Saturday. Any suggestions to solve this (other that disconnecting battery and reconnecting after 30 minutes) ?

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20240620_160440_adrenox-connect.jpg
Old 21st June 2024, 11:30   #3625
BHPian

I too got the Adrenox not connected error for a few days, and then it resolved by itself. I think it has more to do with Vodafon connectivity. However when it reconnected, the data for the unconnected period was not available.
rajesh2812 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 11:41   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradzz View Post
Could someone with Z8L confirm if indeed the vehicle can be switched off via AdrenoX.
I checked in my Z8 AT. The message I got is “Remote function disabled when ignition is on”. So it is quite clear that you cannot switch of the engine with Adrenox if you have not turned it on using the app. Only if you start the engine with the app can you switch it off with it. I do it many times, once while in office, and started getting frantic calls from home that the car had started on its own. Luckily no one at home had seen the movie “The Car”
rajesh2812 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 14:37   #3627

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
I checked in my Z8 AT. The message I got is “Remote function disabled when ignition is on”. So it is quite clear that you cannot switch of the engine with Adrenox if you have not turned it on using the app. Only if you start the engine with the app can you switch it off with it.
I honestly don't remember how I switched on the car, but yes, it didn't allow me to switch it off via the app. But I think what you said makes sense, it could be a safety measure. Also, thanks for confirming this.

Quote:
I do it many times, once while in office, and started getting frantic calls from home that the car had started on its own. Luckily no one at home had seen the movie “The Car”
I can imagine
cars these days are more electronic than mechanical, so with AI looming its ugly head, it could cause some panic
Pradzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 17:59   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
I checked in my Z8 AT. The message I got is “Remote function disabled when ignition is on”. So it is quite clear that you cannot switch of the engine with Adrenox if you have not turned it on using the app. Only if you start the engine with the app can you switch it off with it. I do it many times, once while in office, and started getting frantic calls from home that the car had started on its own. Luckily no one at home had seen the movie “The Car”
To further add some more context. The remote start feature is essentially only provided for pre-cooling/warming the car. The moment you unlock the remote started vehicle, it'll turn off climate control and the engine. You can only use it for tracking and getting info about AC, seatbelt etc while the car is being driven.
ask99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 10:51   #3629

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Not mentioning the cost here because I got the work done through a known dealer at his input price.
Can you please share the dealer name?
Old 26th June 2024, 20:12   #3630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrida View Post
Can you please share the dealer name?
Moco guys will be able to suggest a dealer near you. I got it done at Motorhub near Good Earth City Centre in Gurgaon.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks