Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2024, 22:23   #3571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Priced similar to ScorpioN and is the only surviving BoF in the segment other than ScorpioN.
The Thar petrol AT .

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2024 at 20:53. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
Old 18th May 2024, 08:43   #3572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
The Thar petrol AT
These were the keywords.

Quote:
niggle free vehicle that can carry the entire family on any kind of road trip
Even if we can say that the Thar doesn't suffer from the suspension issues of ScorpioN, I don't think it is the most comfortable one for a long highway trip with entire family and luggage.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 19:33   #3573

I own a BS6 PHASE 2 XUV700 PETROL AT variant and noticed this recently:

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-save_20240518_192830.jpg

This is on the FUEL FLAP. It says that petrol with minimum RON95 should be used. Is it the same with Scorpio N Petrol variants, specifically the BS6 PHASE 2 ones? Does this mean that using 91RON petrol will cause engine or fuel-pump related issues? Also it does mention about E20.

Last edited by WDP-4D : 18th May 2024 at 20:00.
WDP-4D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 20:20   #3574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
I have had the same issue since day one. Been over a year and the dealership + Mahindra are completely clueless.
Hello Sammy,

The culprit in my case was a loose coupler in the fuse box, it could be the case with your car too. You could open the fuse box and see if you catch a loose coupler. I am not aware exactly how the coupler was put back in its place by the service technician so it would be a good idea to have them to do it. I hope this helps you!
sidkeenlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 09:30   #3575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post

7. AUTO-SINKNG DRIVE SEAT: Driver seat keeps sinking automatically (lowers height without manual use of lever) after driving few kms. Seat height reduces faster if vehicle is driven on rougher roads, and needs to be repeatedly adjusted using the lever. I guess the seat holds its position due to friction, but the friction is insufficient to retain height and keeps going down.

Does anyone is also facing similar issues?
Just completed 12 months and 20K of Z8 4WD. This issue has been around from day 1, and I requested the service center to inspect the same during two service visits. They deny existence of this issue and ask to reproduce.

This typically happens on highways when I tend to decelerate rapidly. I guess I need to take my service advisor for a highway run to recreate this issue.
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 12:21   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
People,

Has anyone heard of MLD (mech lock diff) retrofitting in a non-4x4 version?

I am keen on keeping the Z6 D AT as opposed to buying the Z8 4x4 if I can get an MLD retrofitted as they have now even made this optional on the new Thar (which I have, and cannot now think of an RWD SUV without an MLD.)

This was available on the old Scorpio, bolero N (as an optional) and was done for select TUV customers.
Quoting an old post to grab his attention. Out of curiosity, did you get any leads on this ?
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 10:14   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Quoting an old post to grab his attention. Out of curiosity, did you get any leads on this ?
Hi! I actually sold off the Z6 to make way for a Z8 4x4 for this purpose. An MLD is supposed to be retrofitted with ease subject to some expense. This has been doable so far with all such cars. However I didn't pursue this and decided to go up to the Z8 for the 6 airbags primarily, and then for the 4x4.
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 11:32   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Hi! I actually sold off the Z6 to make way for a Z8 4x4 for this purpose. An MLD is supposed to be retrofitted with ease subject to some expense. This has been doable so far with all such cars. However I didn't pursue this and decided to go up to the Z8 for the 6 airbags primarily, and then for the 4x4.
Good to know you bought a 4x4. Happy driving. I had embarrassing moments with my Storme where I got stuck while giving way on narrow hilly roads during monsoons. All tyres except left rear was on good terrain and the left rear wheel was in a puddle with grass. The thing started slipping while the Alto in front of me just sailed though. Happened more than once. Hence I was thinking !!
DieselAddikt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 11:36   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Good to know you bought a 4x4. Happy driving. I had embarrassing moments with my Storme where I got stuck while giving way on narrow hilly roads during monsoons. All tyres except left rear was on good terrain and the left rear wheel was in a puddle with grass. The thing started slipping while the Alto in front of me just sailed though. Happened more than once. Hence I was thinking !!
You've got a good traction control system but yeah I can't think of a non BLD rear axle on a 4x4 yet. I'd suggest you look up the part numbers on boodmo, discuss with your MnM COTEK and see how it goes. Maybe Dhanush from this forum can help (sorry for the call out bud!)
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 14:25   #3580
BHPian

Pleasantly surprised, though it happened after Mahindra team stepped in initially, the car was called within two weeks of my complaint and follow up with the Mahindra team and Koncept. A complete new "Modified rack" was installed and now the steering noise has vanished. I did not get to see the comparison of the OLD vs NEW rack as I was not there but the issue at hand was resolved.
Old 20th May 2024, 17:05   #3581
BHPian

Hey folks,

Just read a post from Autocar, regarding off-road adventure edition ScorpioN launch in South Africa. She is a reworked front bumper for better approach angles, better tyres and a roof rack. Sadly, the rear does not get any upgrade for improving the dept angle. Not sure about the suspension tune.
Old 20th May 2024, 17:09   #3582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
I am still waiting to find one such Solidly built niggle free vehicle that can carry the entire family on any kind of road trip without a single doubt about the vehicle, any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
There exists one that can comfortably family and luggage throught any kind of road without a single doubt or worry. But don't expect ADAS, sunroofs, SUV styling, automatic transmission option(for brand new). Priced similar to ScorpioN and is the only surviving BoF in the segment other than ScorpioN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
The Thar petrol AT .
The one and only Toyota Innova Crysta

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 20th May 2024 at 17:11.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 17:33   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
I am still waiting to find one such Solidly built niggle free vehicle that can carry the entire family on any kind of road trip without a single doubt about the vehicle, any thoughts?
Crysta/HyCross is one such Vehicle.
manofinfinity is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 00:19   #3584
BHPian

My Scorpio-N Z4 D MT is ten months old with 20,000 KM on the odometer. It is mostly driven by my father, and today, when attempting to remove it from the slush, the car refused to go forward or reverse due to an unusual odor of something burning.

He called me, and I dispatched another car to pick him up because I was distant from the event scene. From his description, I think it's a worn clutch plate.

My father usually drives in higher ratios with the half-clutch pedal pushed. Even the EECO clutch plate was worn after 20000 kilometres, and I assumed it was a lightweight petrol car that couldn't withstand such abuse. Before Scorpio-N, his other major rides are Scorpio and Bolero, yet despite his driving style, their clutch plates lasted more than 40000 kilometres.

Mahindra RSA has offered to pick up the car from the incident site; the nearest service facility is 90 kilometres distant, therefore they will arrive with a flatbed truck in the morning.

Let's see whether the clutch plate is covered under warranty!!!
Old 21st May 2024, 00:44   #3585

Hi, was this resolved in service ? I am facing same issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks