Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2024, 01:46   #3301
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I got my car refueled today when it was showing distance to empty as 3 kms. For some reason couldn't get it done earlier.

Even after that the full tank was reached in 49.5 litres. This was auto cut. The tank limit is said to be 57 litres.

So is the distance to empty on my car showing incorrect info or is it an intentional move from Mahindra?
I have faced the same with my RWD Thar. The DTE showed 1 km to empty and I was able to fill up only 34.5L before the fuel nozzle cut off. The full tank capacity of RWD Thar is 45L as per the owner's manual.
So the reserve capacity is almost 10L in M&M vehicles.
nish6474 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 02:52   #3302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post

2. Khat khat khrrr noise when the steering is rotated to the extreme left and right when the car is stationary
Rotating the powered steering in a stationary vehicle may seem effortless to the driver but doing so is extremely bad for the tyres. The vehicle has to move before the steering is turned.

Also rotating the steering to the extremities and holding there for more than a few seconds can cause premature wear and tear and early failure of the power steering assembly.

The above act should never be done in a stationary vehicle.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 20th January 2024 at 02:58.
for_cars1 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 10:14   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Also rotating the steering to the extremities and holding there for more than a few seconds can cause premature wear and tear and early failure of the power steering assembly.

The above act should never be done in a stationary vehicle.
My car parking is at an extreme corner. In order to take out my car, I am forced to rotate steering to maximum left or right and then only be able to take out the car.

Are you saying this will cause damage? I thought cars were built to handle these kinds of things.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 14:36   #3304
BHPian

Quote:
My car parking is at an extreme corner. In order to take out my car, I am forced to rotate steering to maximum left or right and then only be able to take out the car.

Are you saying this will cause damage? I thought cars were built to handle these kinds of things.
It is in the manual. It is not recommended that the steering is kept in the extremes beyond some 5-10 seconds (can't remember the exact number) irrespective of if the vehicle is in motion or stationary. Definitely, it will be worse when done standing still.

I made a mental note of this and never keep the steering in the extremes beyond 4-5 seconds while in motion. And of course, I never turn the steering while the vehicle is stationary (lesson/habit learnt from manual/not-powered steerings).

Last edited by NT_GT : 20th January 2024 at 14:41.
NT_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 18:15   #3305
BHPian

Have had 2 flat tires in the past 2 months on my MRF wanderers, with zero on my S-Cross that I owned before that for the same time interval.

In both cases the culprit was a screw of some kind.

For AT tires they don’t seem very robust
Old 21st January 2024, 10:56   #3306
BHPian

Quote:

I can relate to this challenge as my car parking is also at the extreme corner. My Z8 was delivered in the month of Oct'23 and within 10 days I received a call from the dealership saying that they want to visit at my place as there is a recall. He asked me to rotate the steering on both extreme end and tighten some nuts near the front wheel. Post that this noise never came, and I don't know if this is linked with the recent YT video where the front wheel came out as the timing of this recall in Nov and the reported incident matches.
kumar7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:27   #3307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
He asked me to rotate the steering on both extreme end and tighten some nuts near the front wheel. Post that this noise never came, and I don't know if this is linked with the recent YT video where the front wheel came out as the timing of this recall in Nov and the reported incident matches.
Was the noise emanating only at extreme angles? I have a noise similar to click-click but during normal turning from standstill. Had got it checked at ASC. They said it was normal and was due to ESP. They even proceeded to show me that other xuv700 and S-N in their workshop had the same click click noise.

Also, just went through the 10k service on Jan24. Did not have any such service action. Mine in z8L 4x4 Jan23 produced
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:52   #3308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
Was the noise emanating only at extreme angles? I have a noise similar to click-click but during normal turning from standstill. Had got it checked at ASC. They said it was normal and was due to ESP. They even proceeded to show me that other xuv700 and S-N in their workshop had the same click click noise.

Also, just went through the 10k service on Jan24. Did not have any such service action. Mine in z8L 4x4 Jan23 produced
I was getting that noise only at the extreme ends mostly while parking during standstill and not during normal running. Mine is Z8 4x2 AT delivered in the last week of Oct'23
kumar7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 07:39   #3309
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpion N features deleted across variants

Mahindra has silently deleted features across its variants as a part of IMCR change.

Cooled glove box deleted from Z4, Z6 variants.

The bigger change, however, is in the Z6 trim’s instrument cluster, infotainment and connected car technology. The 7-inch colour multi-info display will be replaced by a smaller 4-inch monochrome display from the Z4. Moreover, the Adrenox Connect technology as well as built-in Alexa will be deleted as well. However, you still get the 8-inch touchscreen.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/mahindr...-12486692.html

Source- Rushlane / Zigwheels
vvivek85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 08:42   #3310
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpion N features deleted across variants

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Mahindra has silently deleted features across its variants as a part of IMCR change.

Cooled glove box deleted from Z4, Z6 variants.

The bigger change, however, is in the Z6 trim’s instrument cluster, infotainment and connected car technology. The 7-inch colour multi-info display will be replaced by a smaller 4-inch monochrome display from the Z4. Moreover, the Adrenox Connect technology as well as built-in Alexa will be deleted as well. However, you still get the 8-inch touchscreen.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/mahindr...-12486692.html

Source- Rushlane / Zigwheels
This trend of feature deletion puts car buyers in a Catch-22 situation. If you buy a car at launch, you get the introductory pricing, more features, and the trade-off is in possible initial niggles. However, if you end up waiting it out to see if there are any serious issues, you end up getting hit by these feature deletions and price hikes.

At least this has a reasonable cut-off date, and buyers who have been waiting for months won't get a nasty surprise at delivery.

I do feel that Mahindra should have publicized this, rather than informing only their dealers/staff. These aren't slight reductions either. The Z6 is now essentially the Z4(S), S for Sunroof.
vivekgk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 09:11   #3311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
This trend of feature deletion puts car buyers in a Catch-22 situation. If you buy a car at launch, you get the introductory pricing, more features, and the trade-off is in possible initial niggles. However, if you end up waiting it out to see if there are any serious issues, you end up getting hit by these feature deletions and price hikes.
True.
This now makes a good example for this thread.

. (Would you buy Version 1 of a freshly launched car?)

Though, in this case they still haven't taken proper steps to take care of the front suspension issues and other QC issues before going on a feature deletion spree.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 12:40   #3312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post

At least this has a reasonable cut-off date, and buyers who have been waiting for months won't get a nasty surprise at delivery.

I do feel that Mahindra should have publicized this, rather than informing only their dealers/staff. These aren't slight reductions either. The Z6 is now essentially the Z4(S), S for Sunroof.
I am sure there will be a major re-jig of variants and features now. With all-black version of XUV7OO out now, they will also try to make Scorpio-N desirable. Only fear is what exactly is the competition for Scorpio-N under 50L and this might make M&M complacent while minting money.
Old 25th January 2024, 16:01   #3313
BHPian

These features were already removed from my Z8 when I got it in October 2023. At that time, the dealer and Mahindra Sales person were also not aware of their feature deletions. Though the above communication says that they will remove these features from Dec'23, but that's not true as this was already implemented since Oct'23 in all Z8/Z8L variants.
Old 25th January 2024, 16:53   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
These features were already removed from my Z8 when I got it in October 2023. variants.
Can you please share what all features are missing from your ScorpioN?
Old 25th January 2024, 17:39   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralto View Post
Can you please share what all features are missing from your ScorpioN?
From Z8 AT, below features are missing:
- Passenger door request sensor
- Rear door chrome handle
- Removed 2 reverse sensors
kumar7 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks