Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 05:51   #3256
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu17 View Post
Thanks for the response, but I dont have any other choice right, Service team had made five attempts to stop the oil leak, rather than having a vehicle with oil leak, getting a replacement engine is better in terms of resale value is what I thought.
You have two options-

1. Consider selling to the dealership involving Mahindra. Yes, you will suffer depreciation. If you are ok with another Mahindra, the dealer may support on the new car price. Involve company officials so they can influence the dealer. But if the dealer is supportive and logical, he should help you on his own.

2. Consider engine replacement if you are happy with the vehicle otherwise and have no other issues. Also, in this case, you should hold the car for a long time to avoid major immediate depreciation due to engine change. Ask the dealer to extend the warranty as long as possible.

Choose option two very carefully, as it may happen that you may not like the car after engine replacement.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th January 2024 at 05:57.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 09:45   #3257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You have two options-

1. Consider selling to the dealership involving Mahindra. Yes, you will suffer depreciation. If you are ok with another Mahindra, the dealer may support on the new car price. Involve company officials so they can influence the dealer. But if the dealer is supportive and logical, he should help you on his own.
On option 1: Mahindra CCM is aware of it, almost three persons. I have a long mail thread with Kharga.Asha, Rohit and Mahindra customer support, I even tagged Anand Mahindra on Twitter: link.
The support I get from them is zero or very minimal.

I had/having the following issues from day 1:

1. During delivery of the vehicle, the Car had 3 or 4 dents, and Ramani dealership denied providing a new car, saying they couldn't match price protection saying demand since we had lakhs of bookings in a few seconds.

2. Cruise control was not working, and the dealership corrected it with some wiring work. Still, the cruise will not activate if the car does an auto start/stop behaviour during travel(Is anyone else facing the same?)

3. Apple car play was not working for almost a year after the car purchase; still, it's not working for my iPhone 13, but it works for other phones.

4. In the past six months, there have been continuous oil leak issues. Most of the time, the car is in a dealership for fixing the issue, but no luck correcting it. After the fifth attempt to replace the oil sump and timing cover, they took time and approved for an engine replacement.

I don't know what else I can do to escalate this issue. Can team-bhp help escalate this issue so that I can get a car replacement/ compensation? I have tried my best to reach my level, but I have had no luck. With my effort, I involved a person working in Mahindra Research Valley, too.

On option 2: Mahindra is saying the warranty is valid for days as an old engine from the car sale date.

(I was very adamant about getting a car from Indian manufacturer; Mahindra spoiled it as much as possible with both sales and service support)

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th January 2024 at 11:02. Reason: Proofread before posting.
Vishnu17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 09:48   #3258

There has been a news doing rounds, where the entire tyre assembly of Scorpio-N came out while the owner was driving at cruising speeds at Samruddhi Expressway. Does anyone know what happened and the key reason? Hope Mahindra comes up with some recall to fix the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I have experienced this screen going blank a few times.
Something which helped me over the past few months, post software update, is not starting the car suddenly. Giving a gap of about 5 seconds between switching on the ignition and starting the car helped. Just arm the engine to be ready before starting it. Give it a try; it might help.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th January 2024 at 10:57. Reason: back to Back posts merged. Trimmed quoted posts
Old 5th January 2024, 14:47   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
2. Cruise control was not working, and the dealership corrected it with some wiring work. Still, the cruise will not activate if the car does an auto start/stop behaviour during travel(Is anyone else facing the same?)
Yes on Z8 4xplore, mine
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:31   #3260
BANNED

Quote:

1. During delivery of the vehicle, the Car had 3 or 4 dents, and Ramani dealership denied providing a new car, saying they couldn't match price protection saying demand since we had lakhs of bookings in a few seconds.

Mahindra spoiled it as much as possible with both sales and service support)
First of all, I am genuinely shocked that a Bhpian decided to go ahead with the purchase despite seeing all these massive red flags. If I were you, I'd have asked them to allot a new vehicle or simply cancel the purchase overall.
Also, I have stopped recommending the Scorpio-N to my people. The quality control is nothing short of atrocious.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 18:02   #3261

Even I was in a dilemma whether to accept the vehicle after finding the issues during deliver, since those were very minor ones accepted it. And I was waiting for almost 6 months to get the car and dealership isn't helping in this case to allot a new car stating price protection thing, even Mahindra is aware of it.

But found cruise control not working after a week of delivery. All together, all bad luck of choosing a Indian brand hit me a lot. Till day facing issues here and there. Mahindra is pretty sure on not providing a replacement car.
Old 6th January 2024, 10:31   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response, but I dont have any other choice right, Service team had made five attempts to stop the oil leak, rather than having a vehicle with oil leak, getting a replacement engine is better in terms of resale value is what I thought.
Engine replacement is a safer and more practical option when compared to changing its components. Initial batches of Ecosport had similar issues in 2013/14 including oil leakage/spillage and coolant mixing with engine oil. Ford also replaced the engine and from all the people I know (Since I am still a part of ES owners group) have had zero issues post that. In fact, two of the members have crossed 200,000 KMs post the replacement. Regarding the impact on price, if you are anyways planning to keep the car for 7+ years, this will not impact the resale price.

In a way, you will have a new car after the replacement.

Best of Luck !!

Last edited by BB311 : 6th January 2024 at 10:32. Reason: deleting repetitive text
BB311 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 14:40   #3263
BHPian

Last couple months the ride quality had really deteriorated badly with lots of noise, rattling and unsettled movement over bumps.
Sahyadri motors in Pune were able to fix the issue within 2 hours. After checking the suspension, confirming no leaks from the shock absorbers and retorquing the suspension bolts to no avail, they figured out that the bolt holding the spare tire was loose, causing it to bounce around and consequently destroy the ride quality.
After tightening the bolt, issue was resolved and the ride quality is back to normal.
20k service coming up soon. Have done 19k in 9 months.
Old 7th January 2024, 03:07   #3264
BHPian

Hey fellow bhpians! Found this video on Youtube where the Scorpio N has been fitted with a 40mm lift kit and a 3” stainless steel exhaust. This guy also has videos on tyre and rim upgrades and upcoming bull-bar and snorkel modifications.

Last edited by sand-dune96 : 7th January 2024 at 03:10. Reason: Was unable to paste YouTube link properly
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 08:45   #3265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Engine replacement would definitely tank the resale value of the car. You might also need to get the engine number changed in RC.
Not required, as far as I know, the new engine will bear the same number as the current one stamped right from the factory.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 10:08   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Not required, as far as I know, the new engine will bear the same number as the current one stamped right from the factory.
Not guranteed all the time, this sometimes happens at dealer end too where the factory engine number is erased using abrasives and new one matching the outgoing one is punched. One of my acquaintances was told this for his 700 engine replacement, he refused and went with new engine number that came from factory as it was the right thing to do. If the matching engine number comes from factory then thats all good and perfect but if it is being done at dealer end then I would avoid it. Best is to apprise this to ASC in advance and have them get it punched from factory itself even if it takes a little longer.

Last edited by Sandegov : 7th January 2024 at 10:10.
Old 7th January 2024, 10:27   #3267
BHPian

Got Fog lamps installed for my Z6 today. As mentioned earlier, I had ordered DRL/Fog lamps & Bazel from Mahindra as parts( M L Automobiles, GP Road, chennai). Wiring kit does not come with DRL/Fog lamps. Have been searching for months for wiring kit. Mahindra accessories was not ready, as they too were not able too order wiring kit.

Finally found one accessories store, they used Mahindra Bolero's Fog lamp wiring kit ( original equipment) to install DRL's. Costed Rs 3300 ( installation charges & Wiring kit cost)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-fog-lamps.jpg  

virgovencat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 08:35   #3268

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Bro, with voice command you can start the car sitting at home or for that matter sitting anywhere in the world as far as it is connected to internet, you need to install alexa on your phone or you can also use the amazon echo speaker configured through the mobile app. Though it may not be the most convenient method but since the feature is there, i just configured it. Adrenox is better as it works without voice.

Even i got the wolfbox i07 triple cam dashcam and also the hardwire kit. Sarthak has been really helpful during the ordering process. I am yet to install the cam but looking at the diagram you posted, you seem to have used the sunroof 20A fuse location for the yellow wire which you could have plugged in the 15A power socket location next to the ACC fuse.

Any specific reason for using the sunroof fuse ? Did you not think of fuse adapters to accommodate the oem fuse of sunroof along with the additional one for cam ?

Can we use any of these spare ones? If so which to use for ACC and which for VCC? What's the best place for grounding?
Old 8th January 2024, 08:42   #3269

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Bro, with voice command you can start the car sitting at home or for that matter sitting anywhere in the world as far as it is connected to internet, you need to install alexa on your phone or you can also use the amazon echo speaker configured through the mobile app. Though it may not be the most convenient method but since the feature is there, i just configured it. Adrenox is better as it works without voice.

Even i got the wolfbox i07 triple cam dashcam and also the hardwire kit. Sarthak has been really helpful during the ordering process. I am yet to install the cam but looking at the diagram you posted, you seem to have used the sunroof 20A fuse location for the yellow wire which you could have plugged in the 15A power socket location next to the ACC fuse.

Any specific reason for using the sunroof fuse ? Did you not think of fuse adapters to accommodate the oem fuse of sunroof along with the additional one for cam ?

Can we use any of these spare ones? If so which to use for ACC and which for VCC? What's the best place for grounding?

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20240108-8.31.338239am.png
Old 8th January 2024, 10:03   #3270

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Hi All,

Yesterday night, I installed auxiliary lights - Aozoom TH02 in my Scorpio-N Z8 AT as I was not very convinced with the stock light setup. Here are some pics from the setup.

Attachment 2542462

Attachment 2542463

Attachment 2542464

Attachment 2542480

The installer connected the lights directly without a relay, using a cheap switch and tapping into the fuse box. Although these lamps are beautiful, I couldn't use them for even one night. After driving for an hour or so, I could smell that something was burning. As soon as I tried to turn off the lamps, the switch stopped working, and the click noise and feel were gone. I suspect the switch got burnt. Anyways, I pulled the car to the service lane and disconnected the fuse tap to kill the circuit.

I have a query here: How should I wire it, and do I need a relay? If anyone has installed something similar, can you please guide me on which fuse to tap for signal, which relay to use (links would be great), and any suggestion for a good quality switch.

Thanks!
You should follow navpreet318's suggestion,
and did the installer cut any wires, if yes then you should pretty much say goodbye to your warranty and pray that the insurance won't notice it. If you're lucky enough that the installer hadn't cut any wire, and used some cheap, locally made wiring harnesses, you should immediately buy a good quality, BRANDED, wiring kit which has all required components and install it.

As an Scorpio N Z8L owner myself, I noticed that your vehicle is most probably a Z8 or Z8L, so what was the need of an extra pair of lights? These models have LED projector headlights and have a very large throw, I've never faced any lighting issue in 9 months of ownership
Perf boost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks