Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:54   #3151
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Dear Scorpio-N owners!
What is the latest software version available for the infotainment (Z8/Z8L)? My vehicle was recalled for few service actions which included SW update also, but the version remains the same and when enquired, Service Advisor informed me that mine already has the latest SW version (10.27.65).
Other owners may kindly confirm whether this SW version 10.27.65 is the latest?
Old 24th November 2023, 00:42   #3152
BHPian

The handling is fun on dirt roads:

vredesbyrd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 16:07   #3153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Dear Scorpio-N owners!
What is the latest software version available for the infotainment (Z8/Z8L)? ..Service Advisor informed me that mine already has the latest SW version (10.27.65).
My SA told me that relevant versions differ between Scorpio models. I have a Z8, and the latest SW version is 10.27.64. Its different for Z8L, Z6 etc.
mk600 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 21:46   #3154
BHPian

I'm hearing something about a suspension recall. Anyone have news on the matter?

Anyway, at least one of my shockers seems to have (not shockingly ��✌️) failed. 7k kms of sedate good road driving. Got my oil changed early today (4 months, 7k kms since purchase) and definitely wanted to look at the shocks given what happened with my Thar (3 were kaput.)

Lo and behold
Awaiting parts from Udaipur since Abu Road has no stock. Couldn't check for DTC or flash EMS either since there was neither a COTEK nor a laptop to facilitate today.

DEF utilization - reserves were at 41% after 7k kms. Looks like it consumes more than the Thar manual.

The 6L of synthetic oil at about 3k offers tremendous value though I'll be sticking to 10k or so for oil changes across both cars. The engine is much smoother now.

Lastly, the Coolant was down by a bit and took a top up. A half bottle of their OEM mix. Interestingly the thar has never had a top up in 45k kms.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20231124_173140.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20231124_155318.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20231124_173240.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20231124_173305.jpg  

Last edited by wooka : 24th November 2023 at 21:52.
wooka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 21:21   #3155
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-scorpionbooking.jpg

So that’s that. I’ll soon be overcompensating for my many shortcomings and boosting my frail ego with a big black SUV, then. Thrilled at the prospect of being an entitled prick in what seems like is going to be an infinity of time, bullying all and sundry out of my way. But then with the roads already rather full of these beasts, I wonder who gets the right of way when mine comes across another of the kind. I suppose whoever excels at honking skills? I’d lose. Or, a ‘Police’ sticker? Mine won’t. Anyway, I’ll reserve further self-deprecation and more on my ‘Big Daddy’ issues until I write about my purchase/ownership experience, I suppose
Mr.Fawlty is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 10:14   #3156
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Australian Scorpio-n. Looks absolute yum

Source:
YT
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20231126_100919_youtube2.jpg  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 26th November 2023 at 10:16.
ashutoshb is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 06:32   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
Based on my driving experience in Bangalore traffic and a few highway runs, it seems that DEF is consumed at a rate of 10% for every 1K km.

At 47xx km, the DEF remaining was 65%, which I recently topped up. So, I was expecting that by the 10k service, it would be completely empty or around 5%, unless it gets topped up like I did.
For me it was 20% at 10K service,
Currently it has reached 53% at 16.5Kms, it will be 10-20% @20K service (predominantly bangalore city driving)

On thing I am curious about is the fuel economy of AT variants,
I see a lot of youtube reviewers claiming higher figures but for me MID numbers range from 10.5-11.5 for the city and 12-14 on the highways, want inputs from other AT ScorpioN owner on their FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
I owned XUV 700 for 1.5 years,sold it to buy Scorpio N for the only reason of road presence and its butch looks. XUV 700 was a Bullet. Surprisingly, the seats of scorpio N are better suited for long journeys.

Max covered 500 kms on xuv700 in a day and felt tired after that,drove scorpio N through night and day for 1200 kms and it was not at all tiring.
Did you feel any difference in the NVH between the two,
We recently got a XUV700 (AT) AWD in the family and I have scorpioN (AT), and both I & my brother I felt the higher revving noise and more apparent shifts in XUV compared to ScorpioN, Which was counter intuitive for me as I had the perception that XUV will more refined that the scropio

Last edited by Sheel : 28th November 2023 at 09:40. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Asoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 06:42   #3158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
On thing I am curious about is the fuel economy of AT variants,
I see a lot of Youtube reviewers claiming higher figures but for me MID numbers range from 10.5-11.5 for the city and 12-14 on the highways, want inputs from other AT ScorpioN owner on their FE
I was wondering as well.

In Bangalore traffic, I am getting 9.0-10.0 on the MID on D AT. I get on the higher side when I am on Zoom than when when I am on Zip. Yet to really drive on highways.

I am light on the foot pedal. For reference, my previous car Honda City P M, used to give me 11-12.
mk600 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 08:43   #3159
BHPian

Re: Obervations after a long test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
Did you feel any difference in the NVH between the two,
We recently got a XUV700 (AT) AWD in the family and I have scorpioN (AT), and both I & my brother I felt the higher revving noise and more apparent shifts in XUV compared to ScorpioN, Which was counter intuitive for me as I had the perception that XUV will more refined that the scropio
You are right.To my surprise also Scorpio N has better NVH levels as compared to XUV700.Scorpio N is more refined and we hardly hear engine noise inside the cabin, but it was quite apparent in XUV700.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 09:33   #3160
BHPian

Quote:
You are right.To my surprise also Scorpio N has better NVH levels as compared to XUV700.Scorpio N is more refined and we hardly hear engine noise inside the cabin, but it was quite apparent in XUV700.

The ScorpioN top-end model, i.e., Z8L, has better insulation than my Z4 AT DL. I may be wrong. Other owners can comment. Z4 AT DL cabin is decent but not as silent as Z8L. One can hear the diesel grunt/clatter. Insulation is better on top top-end model may be due to damping to support the 12-speaker Sony system I guess. I am planning to add damping material to the firewall.

Last edited by keeprevving : 28th November 2023 at 09:34.
keeprevving is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:27   #3161
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fawlty View Post
Attachment 2535631

So that’s that. I’ll soon be overcompensating for my many shortcomings and boosting my frail ego with a big black SUV, then. Thrilled at the prospect of being an entitled prick in what seems like is going to be an infinity of time, bullying all and sundry out of my way. But then with the roads already rather full of these beasts, I wonder who gets the right of way when mine comes across another of the kind. I suppose whoever excels at honking skills? I’d lose. Or, a ‘Police’ sticker? Mine won’t. Anyway, I’ll reserve further self-deprecation and more on my ‘Big Daddy’ issues until I write about my purchase/ownership experience, I suppose
You can always fix a huge metal bumper and some flood lights that are misaligned to blind the oncoming drivers. Add a lawyer sticker and a ruling party flag and you'll attain the final form.
By the way, congratulations on the booking, hope you get your SUV soon
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 08:44   #3162
BHPian

Quote:
The Ladder on frame Scorpio has higher GC than mono-c XUV700, as scorpio's frame sits much higher and they tuned it well to reduce the the noise levels, this was mentioned by Mr Velu in one of the youtube video that means Scorpio N has better NVH than XUV700.
mukeshannamalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 09:28   #3163
BHPian

I have a D AT 2WD and in Bangalore ORR traffic I get anywhere between 10-12 kmpl if its not totally bumper-bumper traffic.

On highway trips, the maximum I have got is 14.5 from the MID. Was able to retain a 13.5 even with some pedal pushing which involved touching the 120 mark on multiple occasions.

I want to measure the mileage once in manual mode. Keep the speed around 90-100 and keep it in 6th gear and see what I can get. Not very hopeful though as ScorpioN down shifts automatically but will still give it a try.

I have never driven my car in any other mode apart from the default Zap mode. The guy who came for a demo also mentioned that it will work almost always.
Old 29th November 2023, 09:50   #3164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshannamalai View Post
The Ladder on frame Scorpio has higher GC than mono-c XUV700, as scorpio's frame sits much higher and they tuned it well to reduce the the noise levels, this was mentioned by Mr Velu in one of the Youtube video that means Scorpio N has better NVH than XUV700.
Isn't it because in BoF passenger cabin can be further isolated from the vibrations of the frame, while monocoque can't as the body and frame are one and same? Of course, it all depends on the type of vehicle. A load bearing commercial usage tuned BoF vehicle will deliver more shocks/NVH to passengers, while comfort oriented/passenger carrying BoF vehicle will try to isolate the passengers (while getting called as floaty or lack of feel) more successfull than a monocoque vehicle.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 10:14   #3165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
The handling is fun on dirt roads:
I had to watch it twice because at first I forgot to look at how it handled the dirt road as the commentary in background was much more enjoyable than how the car handled the road.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks