Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2023, 12:31   #3091
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Hi guys, while driving my Z8 4x4 AT Diesel over very bad roads I can hear a "clung clung" metal sound coming from the rear. Has anyone else faced this and do you know what could it be ?
anandkenkare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:45   #3092
BHPian

I recently observed an unusual occurrence with my Z6 D MT, which is 25 days old and has already covered about 2300Kms. It also just had its first service.

After driving 350Kms yesterday, I came home and had to reverse the car up a mild cement slope. While the car did move as anticipated, reversing was a tad challenging due to the incline. However, unexpectedly, the car began reversing smoothly with considerable torque. At that moment, a strong smell resembling burning rubber filled the air and permeated through the AC. It was reminiscent of a burnout, although the tires maintained their grip and showed no signs of smoke. The odor dissipated in about 40 seconds.

There haven't been any noticeable issues or errors since then. Is this cause for concern?
Old 30th October 2023, 18:57   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldevnath View Post
I recently observed an unusual occurrence with my Z6 D MT, which is 25 days old and has already covered about 2300Kms. It also just had its first service.

After driving 350Kms yesterday, I came home and had to reverse the car up a mild cement slope. While the car did move as anticipated, reversing was a tad challenging due to the incline. However, unexpectedly, the car began reversing smoothly with considerable torque. At that moment, a strong smell resembling burning rubber filled the air and permeated through the AC. It was reminiscent of a burnout, although the tires maintained their grip and showed no signs of smoke. The odor dissipated in about 40 seconds.

There haven't been any noticeable issues or errors since then. Is this cause for concern?
Clutch burn smell. Did you rev hard using the clutch? This will happen always as its a heavy vehicle.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 20:45   #3094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldevnath View Post

That was the smell of your clutch burning. Once or twice won’t hurt. Doing it constantly will lead to you needing a new clutch.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 21:07   #3095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
Hi guys, while driving my Z8 4x4 AT Diesel over very bad roads I can hear a "clung clung" metal sound coming from the rear. Has anyone else faced this and do you know what could it be ?
Exact same sound in my friend's Z8L RWD D AT. Please put the car up in the lift and check all the chassis dampeners underneath.
Old 30th October 2023, 22:41   #3096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Exact same sound in my friend's Z8L RWD D AT. Please put the car up in the lift and check all the chassis dampeners underneath.
Another thing I'd want to check is that watts linkage. Don't know how a full compression effect can be made when on a lift but that could be one of the causes of the noise. Should be checked. It's bushings should also be checked.
Old 31st October 2023, 18:12   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Before you take it to a service station check :
a. take out all the tools in the storage, they might be loose and clanging together ( had the same issue and found a couple of extra tools in my vehicle)

b. if the 3 rd is up it might be the cause of the sound so put it seated position and check.

c. the jack on the left hand side behind the plastic cover might be a little loose so tighten the jack so it doesnt move.
SanScorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 10:29   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
is your number plate secured properly ?

I have similar issue in my Ignis where the number plate rattles against the body making metallic sound while going over rough road/sharp potholes.
Old 1st November 2023, 10:31   #3099

Add to that if you have the 3rd row folded and use the hook to fasten it to one of the headrest in the 2nd row you will hear this noise. It's because of the metal hook clanging whenever you hit a pothole
Old 1st November 2023, 10:45   #3100
BHPian

Quote:
Check the 3rd Row seats, if they are properly folded, metallic sound occurs from the 3rd row seats if not latched properly.
Old 1st November 2023, 15:31   #3101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
I got it rectified under warrantee at the dealership yesterday. It was caused by a damaged bush next to the diesel tank.

Finally got the infotainment system software of my Z8 4WD Diesel AT updated yesterday. The maps still seems to be spinning around in circles at times. Anyone else facing this ? Other thinks including Android Auto are working absolutely fine.

Checked the price of anti-theft wheel nuts at the dealership and they quoted me Rs 5100 for 4 nuts !!! Any reasonably priced recommendations ?

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd November 2023 at 18:23. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
anandkenkare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 15:45   #3102
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got the infotainment system software of my Z8 4WD Diesel AT updated yesterday. The maps still seems to be spinning around in circles at times. Anyone else facing this ? Other thinks including Android Auto are working absolutely fine.
I believe I have latest version (v27.24) of the Adrenox installed last month, and tested Google Maps both in Android Auto and Apple Car Play. In both cases the current location on Google Maps dance around when the vehicle is in motion, rendering the Directions and ETAs useless.

I am now back to glancing at mobile for directions without bothering Carplay or Android Auto.
Old 3rd November 2023, 09:00   #3103
BHPian

Got my AdBlue/DEF level down to about 60% (12L?) and have an 11 day trip coming up soon.

I don't want to go to the service center for filling DEF as they will waste my entire day while I could have been at home, playing Halo. Additionally, they impose "only mahindra fluid, nothing from outside" (I feel that it's a sales tactic but hell).

Been eyeing these for a while:

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_9662.jpeg

Would like to know:
1. Is it okay to get third party DEF?
2. Where can I find it being sold?

:3
Old 3rd November 2023, 20:27   #3104
BHPian

I have a 13 month old Z8L 2WD , Diesel AT.

I have not got the spare key yet, in 13 months, even after several reminders.

Has anyone had to wait for so long for a spare key ?

TIA
Old 3rd November 2023, 21:14   #3105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Got my AdBlue/DEF level down to about 60% (12L?) and have an 11 day trip coming up soon.

I don't want to go to the service center for filling DEF as they will waste my entire day while I could have been at home, playing Halo. Additionally, they impose "only mahindra fluid, nothing from outside" (I feel that it's a sales tactic but hell).

Been eyeing these for a while:

Attachment 2525278

Would like to know:
1. Is it okay to get third party DEF?
2. Where can I find it being sold?

:3
Toyota DEF is available for 500 for a 5L pack. Why would you want to get this 10L for 1700?
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks