Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2023, 22:44   #3016
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophius View Post
While I understand the phase-2 brings RDE, does it mean that old Scorpio-N (manufactured last year as BS6 phase 1 compliance) face any issues in long run?
Being BS-6 Phase-1 compliant and BS-6 Phase-2 compliant is different from being compatible with E20 petrol.

As far as BS6 p-I vs BS6 p-2 is concerned, it is merely an emission standard compliance by way of further hardware tweaks and mandatory OBD-2 port standards. There shall be no issues for BS6 p-1 owners in the long run.

Other issue is w.r.t. the 20% ethanol blended petrol or E20 petrol. Although many cars that are now BS6 p-2 compliant are E20 compatible, there are still models that are not compatible with E20 petrol.

Owners of petrol cars not compatible with E20 petrol could face issues that are being discussed in the dedicated threads.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ting-cars.html (Ethanol blend in petrol to be raised to 20% in 3 years | What is the impact on existing cars?)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...l-engines.html (Impact of 20% ethanol petrol on current petrol engines)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...20-petrol.html (Toyota officially confirms that its earlier cars cannot be run on E20 petrol)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...compliant.html (List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant)

Upgrading phase-1 cars to phase-2 is not worth the effort. In theory, cars can be made more compatible with E20 petrol by using parts from E20 compatible models, namely fuel lines etc. I leave the feasibility to the actual owners who are experienced with the service competence of the service center.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 12:19   #3017
BHPian

Hi guys I have a Scorpio N Automatic that I purchased in Jan this year. From few months I have been facing a strange problem. The thing is that when I start the car in the morning and try to shift the gearlever from Park mode down to Reverse, Neutral or Drive mode then there is a very loud noise that comes. Sound is like as if two metallic objects are hitting and scraping each other. This sound only comes when I move the gear from P mode to either Reverse or Drive. This sound is not present when shifting between Reverse, Neutral or Drive mode. Can anyone tell what could be the reason?

Just for information I keep the brake pedal and button on gearlever fully pressed while shifting gear.

Thanks

Last edited by HappyRoadie : 15th September 2023 at 12:30.
HappyRoadie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 10:20   #3018
BHPian

ScorpioN Luxury Automatic 4 Xplor

Issue: Somehow a mouse has clear access to the cabin which is a really strange quality issue. Everyday, I see the mouse chewing my car's seats. I thoroughly inspected and the mouse is not inside.

I have other vehicles and we have seen the mouse chewing outside wires. But having access to the cabin is strange. Is this a designing and fitting issue?

It's disappointing. I need to travel long distance in the coming weeks, but I'm discouraged as the mouse might have chewed wires too.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_2993.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_2967.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_2966.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 17th September 2023 at 19:05. Reason: Grammar, sentence formation, etc.
shubh001 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 19th September 2023, 23:14   #3019
BHPian

Mahindra has hiked the Scorpio prices. Petrol variants hiked by up to INR 66, 000 (Z4 MT E variant) and Diesel variants hiked by up to INR 53,000 (Z8 AT 4WD).
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-mahindrascorpionewpricessep2023.jpg
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 01:54   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh001 View Post
Issue: Somehow a mouse has clear access to the cabin which is a really strange quality issue. Everyday, I see the mouse chewing my car's seats..
A determined small mouse can find its way through the smallest of openings if there is a worthwhile incentive such as smell of food (leftover bits) from inside the vehicle. Its better to altogether avoid eating in the vehicle especially where rat infestation is high.
Generally kids tend to eat and have their hands (even unintentionally) touch the seats, can recall one instance where a colleagues car seats were nibbled for this reason.

As for external wires getting chewed, one can only use repellent sprays like the 3M one once every 6 to 9 months and pray.
Old 20th September 2023, 09:12   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Mahindra has hiked the Scorpio prices. Petrol variants hiked by up to INR 66, 000 (Z4 MT E variant) and Diesel variants hiked by up to INR 53,000 (Z8 AT 4WD).
Attachment 2505718
I spot a new variant i.e. Z4 4WD AT Diesel. 4WD Auto is now even more accessible . Adding a MLD will make it complete.

I so wish Mahindra starts providing rear camera as standard from Z4 onwards. Watching aftermarket rear camera installation videos, it pains me to see so many interior bits being crudely opened.

There are 2 more things that I absolutely dislike in Scorpio-N.
  1. Crude and cheap looking B-pillar seat belt anchor point plastic cover
  2. Missing Grab handle on B-pillar similar to A-pillar for easy rear ingress egress

Last edited by varunswnt : 20th September 2023 at 09:22.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 09:48   #3022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I spot a new variant i.e. Z4 4WD AT Diesel. 4WD Auto is now even more accessible . Adding a MLD will make it complete.

There are 2 more things that I absolutely dislike in Scorpio-N.[list=1][*]Crude and cheap looking B-pillar seat belt anchor point plastic cover[*]Missing Grab handle on B-pillar similar to A-pillar for easy rear ingress egress
Pray it is not, but could be a typo error. The ordinary difference between the manual and automatic is 1.5 lakhs. Here, it is just 50k!!! Damn VFM.

True. Feel that they could have given more attention to details. Vast improvement, but still feels like the ScorpioN is just the Scorpio equivalent of the 2020s, just like how the Scorpio was in the 2000s. Does some basic stuff is such a good way that the small details are overseen. AFAIK, the 2nd gen Endeavour was the cheapest proper SUV to have grab handles for rear passengers. Anothe pet peeve I absolutely hate in the ScorpioN is the laughable storage space under the front armrest console. Supposedly making space for the rear AC vents, but the base variant seems to have rear AC vents too(not sure if they are functional), but it has a deep narrow space under the front armrest console fit for a bottleholder. Mahindra could have very well carried over the Scorpio's individual arm rests
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 10:34   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
[/list]
This list is of late circulating on the internet, and is not correct. The so called price hike is what we're paying now. In the official website, there is no mention of Z4AT 4explor. Let's ignore this list.
sbanerjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 14:55   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Anothe pet peeve I absolutely hate in the ScorpioN is the laughable storage space under the front armrest console. Supposedly making space for the rear AC vents, but the base variant seems to have rear AC vents too(not sure if they are functional), but it has a deep narrow space under the front armrest console fit for a bottleholder. Mahindra could have very well carried over the Scorpio's individual arm rests
The above mentioned disparity in space under the front arm rest is due to the difference in air con functionality. The lower trims have more space because the AC vents on the rear is blower only (no separate evaporator). In the higher trims they have separate evaporator + blower control for the rear vents.
Old 24th September 2023, 11:31   #3025

After having the speedo console and rear tumble seat unger warranty, i guess its time to change the sunroof rubber which is coming off the glass.

This is scary given the sunroof water fiasco, but still holds seal. I parked outside in heavy rain and no water seeped in but seeing the rubber come off is not confidence inspiring. Will get it checked along with a suspicion of mine that rear left door window is closing slower now.

Z8L D MT 2WD done around 13.5k kms in 1 year. Side note, anyone renewed adrenox? Does it have to be paid at SVC or online?
Old 24th September 2023, 21:03   #3026

Has anyone installed a 360-degree camera or is planning to install one? Please share your recommendations if you have.

In my 5 months and 7,000 km of experience, everything has been great except for one issue: visibility of the immediate exteriors while moving slow, parking, or navigating through tight spaces is quite difficult, especially when kids are around. There are several blind spots to be aware of, and kids may not be visible from our seated height.
mantaray is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 15:28   #3027
BHPian

Just logged in to check the status of my booking & was shocked to find that Mahindra has unilaterally cancelled my ScorpioN after having me wait for almost 14 months.

Nobody has ever contacted me since the online booking last year. Maybe I would've got 1 booking confirmation call last year right after the booking, but that's it. This feels unfair.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20230925wa0000.jpg

The booking amount hasn't been refunded as such. Dealership seems to have shifted so will need to search & go to the new location to find out why this was done with my online booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
...P.S. : Thank God I had kept the ScorpioN Z4 Diesel AT launch (intro pricing) booking intact and not mistakenly cancel it thinking I'll go for Safari with early delivery. Today made me realise that I must stick to the booking even if it takes another 6 months.
I did NOT want to go for a Tata product, but maybe it's better to choose a company that's atleast committed to delivering the car.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 25th September 2023 at 15:30.
WorkingGuru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 12:15   #3028

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Hi guys I have a Scorpio N Automatic that I purchased in Jan this year. From few months I have been facing a strange problem. The thing is that when I start the car in the morning and try to shift the gearlever from Park mode down to Reverse, Neutral or Drive mode then there is a very loud noise that comes. Sound is like as if two metallic objects are hitting and scraping each other. This sound only comes when I move the gear from P mode to either Reverse or Drive. This sound is not present when shifting between Reverse, Neutral or Drive mode. Can anyone tell what could be the reason?

Just for information I keep the brake pedal and button on gearlever fully pressed while shifting gear.

Thanks
I experienced similar behavior on my Rapid AT when I park my car(Especially on an incline) by keeping in PARK MODE before pulling parking brake. If I pull parking brake before keeping in Park mode, the sound doesn't come while moving out of PARK MODE. I assumed the reason for this behavior is that the car rests on parking prawl when we first move to PARK MODE. If we pull parking brake first, car primarily rests on parking brake and parking prawl acts as secondary stopping force.
RapidBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 22:26   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post
Has anyone installed a 360-degree camera or is planning to install one?
Please do share with me if you get any leads. I have a Z8L. While the front camera resolves most of the issues, I still can't see anything on the left.

Oh what a perfect vehicle it would have been if they added the 360 system from the AX7L
Old 27th September 2023, 10:31   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Just logged in to check the status of my booking & was shocked to find that Mahindra has unilaterally cancelled my ScorpioN after having me wait for almost 14 months.

Nobody has ever contacted me since the online booking last year. Maybe I would've got 1 booking confirmation call last year right after the booking, but that's it. This feels unfair.
The same thing happened with me, albeit in 6 months post booking. Not really sure why this keeps happening.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks