Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2023, 19:54   #3001

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
The coating was done at Bubbles Car & Bike Spa in J.P. Nagar. I have gotten all my cars detailed there over the last 2 years and my 9 year old XUV 500 still shines like new today.
I am planning for a ceramic coating on my Silver Scorpio-N, Could you please let me know how much did it cost you?
Old 29th August 2023, 21:45   #3002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Did you get any further updates from Mahindra on this issue?
The issue was resolved on its own after three days while driving within Agra city. The service center had collected the required logs earlier and has also collected the new logs. Both the Mahindra tech team and service center are clueless now.

We have already driven more than 2000Kms after that and the issue is not reproducible 🤞
Old 30th August 2023, 11:15   #3003
BHPian

In a recent trip that I had taken, my car got a small dent on the bonet.

I had parked the car for lunch and when I came back I saw it on top a little away from middle section. Not sure how I got it as something like that can't happen due to collision.

Anyways, I went to a local shop and they told me that work will be done on full bonnet

I can easily live with it as its not easily visible also and no paint has come off.

I thought I will put some pressure from the bottom of the bonnet but the cladding under it prevent me from doing so.

Are such small work not taken up by workshops? Any recommendation in Bangalore who can fix this as it is haunting me.
Old 30th August 2023, 13:12   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

I had parked the car for lunch and when I came back I saw it on top a little away from middle section. Not sure how I got it as something like that can't happen due to collision.
Something similar with me as well, have a very faint dent almost in the same area you mentioned, infact i never noticed it untill i gave my vehicle for Ceramic coating and they pointed it out to me.

Its quite faint and maybe because mine is a white color vehicle even difficult to spot unless you are really looking for it.

coming to what could possibily be a reason, as per the detailing guy it definetly is not an impact as the paint is good and there is no chipping.
As per him it could be someone leaning on it with an elbow causing the dent, few days back i had given my vehicle for its first service, i suspect it could have happened then, as all other time my vehicle is parked safely and myself driving/cleaning it.

i would say if its not easily visible just leave it.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 18:54   #3005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

haunting me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Something similar with me as well, have a very faint dent almost in the same area you mentioned, infact i never noticed it untill i gave my vehicle for Ceramic coating and they pointed it out to me.

Its quite faint and maybe because mine is a white color vehicle even difficult to spot unless you are really looking for it. it.
Sure it is not this issue? I am assuming the position of the dent since there are no pics.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5422482 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review)
Old 30th August 2023, 19:35   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Sure it is not this issue?
No, its not a protrusion. It's a dent like some pressure was applied at that point.

Also its on opposite side of driver and at higher point then shown in the screenshot.

It's actually touching one of the crease that is on the bonnet. Not sure if it's called crease but the line that is there on bonnet.
Nightmare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 20:34   #3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Congrats! Thanks for sharing these details, it will help me in my PDI today.

Pls let me know what you decide about the insurance. I have a 2WD AT Z8L Diesel and the dealership is quoting 78000 but they are not providing any details of which insurance, IDV etc.
I tried Acko but somewhow the Scorpio N model wasn't coming up correctly. I didnt want to risk the coverage. So I ended up taking the insurance from New India Assurance. I think it cost me ~54K.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th August 2023 at 21:36. Reason: Minor typo and grammar edit.
Old 31st August 2023, 14:01   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
No, its not a protrusion. It's a dent like some pressure was applied at that point.

Also its on opposite side of driver and at higher point then shown in the screenshot.

It's actually touching one of the crease that is on the bonnet. Not sure if it's called crease but the line that is there on bonnet.
Maybe a fruit or nut fell from a tree onto the hood. Has caused dents (dimples) on my vehicles in the past.
Old 31st August 2023, 16:10   #3009
BHPian

Quote:

Are such small work not taken up by workshops? Any recommendation in Bangalore who can fix this as it is haunting me.
I got a dent on my bonnet as well - I braked late behind a pickup truck with protruding plastic containers. I showed the car at Heera Motors, Gurgaon who is known for quality paint jobs. Even he told me that this will need full bonnet repaint because taking the dent out will cause chipping/bubbles in the paint. Thankfully he managed to get most of the dent out without any issues. The dent is no longer visible except when you roll your fingers over it.

To be honest, it wasn't visible otherwise too but has become even less noticeable now.
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:34   #3010
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophius View Post
I am planning for a ceramic coating on my Silver Scorpio-N, Could you please let me know how much did it cost you?
Worked out to 32,000.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 08:43   #3011
BHPian

Hi, does anyone have a PDI checklist customised for Scorpio N Z8 L D AT 4WD? Would save time for me.

If not available, I will make one and post here.
Old 6th September 2023, 09:27   #3012
BHPian

Hi. I am contemplating changing cars and Scorpio N z8L At petrol is on my list. I took a test drive yesterday and was very happy with the power on tap. Handling was also acceptable but the car felt a bit wobbly on bad roads when compared to my Compass.

The reason for changing cars is sheer frustration with Jeep service center and electrical issues in a car that's only run for 7K kilometers. So basically I am looking for a sturdy vehicle, comfortable seating for long drives with good service back up and knowledge with a build quality comparable to a compass. I felt the build of Scorpio N met the build criteria and quite liked the interiors, but have no knowledge about any known niggles and M&M after sales service.

I need some feedback regarding service centres in Pune, especially Sahayadri Motors Baner. Basically I do not want to land back in the same situation as with a Jeep.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by argchoff : 6th September 2023 at 09:28.
Old 6th September 2023, 12:39   #3013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Hi. I am contemplating changing cars and Scorpio N z8L At petrol is on my list. I took a test drive yesterday and was very happy with the power on tap. Handling was also acceptable but the car felt a bit wobbly on bad roads when compared to my Compass.

The reason for changing cars is sheer frustration with Jeep service center and electrical issues in a car that's only run for 7K kilometers. So basically I am looking for a sturdy vehicle, comfortable seating for long drives with good service back up and knowledge with a build quality comparable to a compass. I felt the build of Scorpio N met the build criteria and quite liked the interiors, but have no knowledge about any known niggles and M&M after sales service.

I need some feedback regarding service centres in Pune, especially Sahayadri Motors Baner. Basically I do not want to land back in the same situation as with a Jeep.

Thanks in advance
I have been using Scorpio as my daily driver for last 13 years and 8 years in Pune. I go to Silver Jubilee Hadapsar for servicing and quite satisfied with their service.

I tried Sahyadri motors initially for service and the quality of work and personnel response was satisfactory. I only discontinued servicing there because they closed the Wagholi service center.

Considering all this and my little experience of 23 years maintaining vehicles, I would like to say that we can not generalize specific brand or model as far as service quality is concerned.

It depends a lot on specific ground level people, about their approach and attitude. I have seen many contrasting examples when it comes to brand reputation and ground level experience.

Mahindra is a very customer centric brand and they do care about their reputation. They take great effort to satisfy unhappy customer and this is my first hand experience without any links within their organisation.

After owning a Scorpio for 13 years , I have booked the N and waiting for the delivery. Hope this sums up to my view of Mahindra as a manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinvardhan View Post
As a duster owner upgrading to scorpio n its a perfect relpacement or upgrade
I believe these tyres are BFGoodrich AT tyres. Please be aware and take precaution for on-road use as these tyres are meant primarily for offroad and on-road performance is mediocore especially wet surface performance, compared to other tyres. Please refer -

I am using Yokos for my 2010 Scorpio for last 9 years (replaced once) and in my experience they enhanced braking and road grip exponentially over stock Bridgestone Duellers. I had a couple of punctures during this period and always maintained 28 psi in city and 32 psi on highway.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th September 2023 at 17:16. Reason: Back to back posts merged
amk_2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 21:28   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Anyone using BF Goodrich tires on the ScorpioN? How much does the ride firm up after BFG?

The size which would be easily put on would be the fortuner size 265/60R18.

Or maxxis RAZR if anyone has been able to source those in 18 inch size.
Yup I am using the ride is excellent but is a very wide tyre posting some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0663.jpeg  

ashwinvardhan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 20:55   #3015

Hello team,

I would like help from the experts to clear my understanding on BS6 vs BS6 phase 2.

While I understand the phase-2 brings RDE, does it mean that old Scorpio-N (manufactured last year as BS6 phase 1 compliance) face any issues in long run?

Would it be possible for Mahindra to provide an upgrade to make old Scorpio-N BS6 phase 2 compliant and are there any plans to do so?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks