Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2023, 22:11   #2971
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by grewalsecret View Post

3. Headlights are also not that bright on high beam. You can not see a truck or anything parked that is parked on the side of the road at a distance in the dark. This is a major flaw as per me and the company should look into this.
Absolutely true, one of the worst set of lights i have ever experienced.
In a drive on a rainy night i was literally driving blind, was able to manage at the mercy of the leading vehicle and because i knew the route well.

No use of 5 star crash rating if your vehicle has such pathetic headlamps.
Absolute safety hazard, the biggest -ve point of this vehicle i would say.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 06:25   #2972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Absolutely true, one of the worst set of lights i have ever experienced.
In a drive on a rainy night i was literally driving blind.
Is this because of LED headlamps which is well known to jeopardize drive in rainy nights?
Old 11th August 2023, 08:46   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhingrasud View Post
Is this because of LED headlamps which is well known to jeopardize drive in rainy nights?
White LED's are known to have this issue but more then that its the pathetic setup on ScorpioN which increases the issue.

There are other vehicles as well with LED's but i believe nothing is as bad as the ones in Scorpio, have heard KIA Carens has a equally bad setup.
Old 11th August 2023, 11:39   #2974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanyu17 View Post

3. Philips Ultinon Pro 9000 Led bulbs-

4. Vanity Mirror

8. Washing and care- I have been washing the car myself with the help of a pressure washer and using the two-bucket methods for agitation, the black paint seems happy with it.
Can you pls let me know from where in Chandigarh Tricity you got them and their cost please.
dhingrasud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 12:42   #2975

Yes rain make them even worse. Fog lamps and cornering lights are also not that good.
Old 11th August 2023, 23:00   #2976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhingrasud View Post
Can you pls let me know from where in Chandigarh Tricity you got them and their cost please.
I got the Philips LEDs from Bombay Motors SCO 378, sec 13 motor market, Chandigarh and they were for 7.5k without installation. This was the best price I could find in the offline market and online was also just cheaper by just 100 odd rupees, so went with offline as they come with a 5 year warranty and wanted to have a point of contact.

The vanity mirror was a generic one from MR DIY for 200ish rupees.

The pressure washer is by Woscher brand and I got it off amazon for 4k. The fittings had some issues initially but the customer service was great and sent a replacement child part promptly at no cost. I have used it for about 5 hours since then and is working as expected, would recommend it for the price.

Hope it Helps!
Sumanyu17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 00:54   #2977
BHPian

I upgraded to Osram 25W LEDs from the stock halogens on my Z4. It's nicely bright on high beam with a long throw, and good spread on low beam. I find that the throw is slightly higher with the LEDs and you have to set the height adjustment to 1 or 2 to reduce glare for oncoming traffic.

Here's a short clip. I adjusted the exposure to match what I was seeing IRL.

I got these from Amazon. Here's a link. I didn't want to spend too much on LEDs in case it caused issues with MVD and I had to revert to halogens or replace the entire unit with the OEM unit of Z8 later on.

Last edited by vivekgk : 13th August 2023 at 00:55.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 23:20   #2978
BHPian

I have a interesting situation with my Z6 MT, when driving in second gear if I depress the clutch fully anticipating a gear change based on traffic ahead and later release the clutch slowly without changing the gear (No hands on gear as well) there is a strong grinding (grrrr) noise for half a second from engine compartment. I thought that it could be due to me not engaging the gear change properly but when it occurred 3rd time I realised that I was already driving in 2nd gear for a while so that cannot be the reason. Plus this situation occurs only when I am driving in 2nd gear and depress the clutch and later release it without changing the gear and at very rare frequency. Today it occurred thrice in a drive and for the rest of the day it worked without any issues. Anyone having any insights on what the noise could be?
Old 15th August 2023, 08:53   #2979

Hi All,

Sorry for the long post -

A very unpleasant experience with our new Scorpio-n 2023 D AT 4xplore. We are on a road trip to Ladakh from Bangalore. After crossing Hyderabad, the odometer started showing multiple warning lights like ABS, hill-hold control error, traction control error, and automatic gear transmission fault error.
We called our SA in Bangalore and he didn’t have any clue. He just shrugs off his responsibility saying to call RSA or look for any nearby dealers. We were in the middle of the road, so just thought to go ahead as the car was running smoothly with all warning lights on. We didn’t face any issues with the braking. However, the hill hold and traction control buttons were not working.

We contacted our sales advisor in Anant Mahindra as we had a good rapport with him. He arranged help for us in Agra and shared SA’s contact details. Yesterday morning we got a call from Kalyan Sales, Agra, and went there to check our car. They thoroughly checked the car and found a faulty front right ABS sensor causing all the issues.
They changed it and all the warning lights were gone. Later when we took the car for a test drive, there was a dragging sound coming from the brake. Again we went back to the service center and showed the same. They started checking again and found all lights coming back during hard braking. No sound is heard when warning lights are on and it comes back the moment warnings are cleared.

Now we are stuck in Agra, with no idea what to do next. They contacted the Mahindra tech support team and are suggesting it's an electrical issue. Today is a holiday, they will take the car back again tomorrow. We are completely helpless in this situation. Any pointers on this issue will be a big help.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230814-9.22.53-pm.jpeg  

somitsme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 09:38   #2980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Some quick observations after a recent road trip.

1. Apple CarPlay: Either the implementation on this vehicle is terrible or my phone is too old (Suspect the former). The phone heats up a lot, stops charging, slows down and either hangs or gets disconnected from CarPlay after 1.5-2 hours.
How has the experience of other iPhone users been?
Had a similar issue while using CarPlay with wireless charging and have stopped it now. We use iPhone 13/14(with cable) in rotation for almost 13-14 hours on long road trips. We play music and use the rear cam for capturing some clips of the road as well. Yet to come across heating or hanging issues.
somitsme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 13:41   #2981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitsme View Post
We use iPhone 13/14(with cable) in rotation for almost 13-14 hours on long road trips. We play music and use the rear cam for capturing some clips of the road as well. Yet to come across heating or hanging issues.
Does CarPlay work in wired mode? Doesn’t seem to on my vehicle.
Unless you are referring to a normal Bluetooth connection and running apps from the phone.
Old 15th August 2023, 18:38   #2982

We always have Bluetooth OFF in our phones. This forces both devices to use cable.
somitsme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 18:25   #2983
BHPian

So while coming from a trip yesterday, faced the blank screen phenomenon in my car.

Stopped for a tea break in the evening while returning and post that when I started the car, the screen just would not come up.

On putting the car in reverse, the size of the camera image was also reduced to half.

Tried restarting the car a couple of times but issue persisted. So just put the map on mobile and completed the rest of the journey.

When I started the car in the morning, this issue was gone as it never existed.

One thing I had noticed was the screen was never completely blank. The disclaimer screen was very faintly visible but nothing happened on pressing any of the buttons.

Any quick fix for this?

Last edited by Nightmare : 16th August 2023 at 18:26. Reason: edited text
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 18:54   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitsme View Post
We always have Bluetooth OFF in our phones. This forces both devices to use cable.
Thanks. I tried it again today in wired mode with Bluetooth off and it worked ok. Must’ve already been overheated and sluggish when I last tried it.
Let’s see how it holds up on longer drives.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 19:05   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
So while coming from a trip yesterday, faced the blank screen phenomenon in my car.

Stopped for a tea break in the evening while returning and post that when I started the car, the screen just would not come up.

On putting the car in reverse, the size of the camera image was also reduced to half.

Tried restarting the car a couple of times but issue persisted. So just put the map on mobile and completed the rest of the journey.

When I started the car in the morning, this issue was gone as it never existed.

One thing I had noticed was the screen was never completely blank. The disclaimer screen was very faintly visible but nothing happened on pressing any of the buttons.

Any quick fix for this?
Coincidentally, the same happened to me today - the blank screen with perfect disclaimer and reduces reverse parking video. When I parked the car for 15mins, it came back as if nothing happened. Will highlight this in my upcoming 10K service but I believe all depends on my ability to reproduce the issue.

I tried retracing the steps and vaguely remember switching on wifi and bluetooth before starting the car and the centre console. Not sure if this is the reason but this was different to every other time when I toggle wifi and BT on mobile only after switching on the music system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks