Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2023, 12:16   #2926
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
2. Regarding sharing the map on to the Infotainment from the Adrenox App on the phone, I never could do it. I remember sitting on my couch planning and plotting the entire route for North Bengal from home a night before the journey on the app and sharing it. But next day while starting out there was no saved routes on the on screen nav. I had to plot the entire route on the Infotainment Screen map again.
You need to do it in Realtime and the pop up comes from top which needs to be tapped.

Ask your co driver to do it, safe way.

Since Adrenox is on both mine and Dads phone who so ever is the co driver does it .

Along with the android Auto and Carplay, Mapples has been revised i.e. Map my india maps now called Mapples have also received an update do get your navigation also updated from Service Center.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 12:46   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
You need to do it in Realtime and the pop up comes from top which needs to be tapped.

Ask your co driver to do it, safe way.

Since Adrenox is on both mine and Dads phone who so ever is the co driver does it .

Along with the android Auto and Carplay, Mapples has been revised i.e. Map my india maps now called Mapples have also received an update do get your navigation also updated from Service Center.

Thank you. Much appreciated. Since it's the first time using such connected car features, I was under the impression that the Adrenox app shall get synced with the car on screen nav whenever I switch it on. Something similar to a cloud feature. Guess I was thinking way too advanced

Shall get the updates once I return home from ship
Old 25th July 2023, 13:06   #2928
BHPian

Software update for Android Auto
---------------------------------------------------------
I got my Android Auto, Apple carplay and Mappls map software update. Mine is Z8 D MT. Just popped in Sireesh Auto service center on a weekday morning and got it done within 90 minutes.
For Bangalore folks, this is the Sireesh Auto Marathalli centre.

Android Auto and carplay active:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230722_183139.jpg

Mappls map:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230725_123051.jpg

Google map:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230725_123135.jpg

YouTube music:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230725_123200.jpg

Phonecall from AA :
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230725_123235.jpg
Old 25th July 2023, 13:14   #2929

@Ankan ,
Can you please share the general feedback on Sireesh auto (nearSilk board). I am planning to book one from this dealer. TIA .
Old 25th July 2023, 13:41   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post
@Ankan ,
Can you please share the general feedback on Sireesh auto (nearSilk board). I am planning to book one from this dealer. TIA .
I have got my car from Sireesh Auto Sarjapur Road and the experience was good. My SA was very professional and he arranged for multiple test drives when I was confused between Xuv and Scorprio. Also the PDI was arranged in the showroom itself and there was no push to pay anything before the PDI and for accessories, you can contact Mohan R from Sarjapur Road Branch and give my reference.
.sourov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:12   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post
@Ankan ,
I have interacted with Anant Cars :- Marathalli & Banerghatta Rd branches (for sales) and Sireesh Auto :- Marathalli & Singasandra branches (for service). From my personal experience, I would prefer Sireesh.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 25th July 2023 at 14:14.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:13   #2932
BHPian

Once you are connected to apple car play . You cannot make calls through Alexa .
You need to disconnect from ACP and connect through bluetooth normally .

Its a distraction calling from screen while connected to ACP . Siri and alexa dont like each other
Old 25th July 2023, 14:18   #2933

@sourov, Thanks a lot for the info. I will explore this option also.
Frankly speaking, i am also in the same confusion of Xuv700 vs Scorpio N and delaying my booking. If possible, can I DM you to get more clarity on this. TIA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have interacted with Anant Cars :- Marathalli & Banerghatta Rd branches (for sales) and Sireesh Auto :- Marathalli & Singasandra branches (for service). From my personal experience, I would prefer Sireesh.
Thanks, Ankan for the information!thumbs up.
KRIPS99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 17:16   #2934
BHPian

Apple CarPlay users: my phone heats up a LOT when connected to the vehicle, to the extent that it stops charging for safety.

Also CarPlay doesn’t work in wired mode when I start up. It connects in wireless mode and then stays connected even if I turn off the Bluetooth (hoping to keep it from heating up).

Do other users observe the same issue?
Old 25th July 2023, 17:55   #2935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Apple CarPlay users: my phone heats up a LOT when connected to the vehicle, to the extent that it stops charging for safety.

Also CarPlay doesn’t work in wired mode when I start up. It connects in wireless mode and then stays connected even if I turn off the Bluetooth (hoping to keep it from heating up).

Try this.

Charge your phone completely, turn off Bluetooth and then unlock the vehicle. You could also try removing the phone case, avoid wireless charging, turn off 5G etc to keep the phone cool.
Old 25th July 2023, 18:23   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a wired CarPlay system in my S-Cross. The January 2021 iPhone 11 with 80% battery health gets overheated and stops charging. Had the system been wireless, I would have kept it elsewhere so that it does not charge while CarPlay is running.

Do not worry about the charging getting stopped. If you have a wireless CarPlay set up in your HU, keep the phone inside cooled glove box (does Scorpio-N have it?) or near an AC vent to keep it cool while the CarPlay is running.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 18:24   #2937
BHPian

Quote:

I have similar observations for Android Auto.

Not able to connect in wired mode. Bluetooth keeps getting turned ON even when I switch it off.

Phone heats up pretty quickly.

Can someone share how to connect in wired mode?
Old 25th July 2023, 18:59   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I have a wired CarPlay system in my S-Cross. The January 2021 iPhone 11 with 80% battery health gets overheated and stops charging. Had the system been wireless, I would have kept it elsewhere so that it does not charge while CarPlay is running.

Do not worry about the charging getting stopped. If you have a wireless CarPlay set up in your HU, keep the phone inside cooled glove box (does Scorpio-N have it?) or near an AC vent to keep it cool while the CarPlay is running.
I had the same car (2020 S-Cross) and the wired CarPlay worked perfectly on it.
Maybe hung 3-5 times over 2.6 years. Phone never overheated either.
The phone connectivity via Bluetooth is not well implemented on this machine.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 08:17   #2939
BHPian

I have a Scorpio N Z6 D MT and am looking for installing a dashcam without voiding the warranty. Is there anyway this could be done? I went to dealer but they are not offering dashcam and suggested no matter what I get from outside it will void warranty. I personally feel this should be one of the basic accessory to be offered by any manufacturer. I note someone in this thread has got it installed but not sure if it affects warranty or not. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Old 28th July 2023, 09:14   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtg1 View Post
I went to dealer but they are not offering dashcam and suggested no matter what I get from outside it will void warranty.

Any suggestions are most welcome.
Get a dashcam and install it without hardwiring. It will take power from the 12V socket. I have done this since the last one year. There is no chance of warranty loss. It is same as using any other 5V 2A (10W) accessory. I will share photos of my dashcam installation and the wire is properly concealed inside the A pillar.

Note: Warranty wont suffer even with hardwiring as long as no wire is cut. But for those who are apprehensive, it is better to install it with regular wiring that doesnt take power when the car is switched off.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks