Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2023, 20:53   #2911
GKU
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Overdue posting: I have a hard time getting the same mirror position to work for day & night modes. It should show the same field of view when I flip from one mode to another but it doesn’t. Others have similar observations?
I have same issue , Since I don't drive much during night , it did not register in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcie View Post
This must be the VGT fins closing, completely normal for the turbos to make such a sound. Check the video below to see if it is a similar one
Thanks for your note on this. logically what you say make sense. I guess this is turbo fins closing , but sound is different than that of what is shown in the video. I feel sound is the in the range of 100Hz to 150Hz, where as in video its mostly above 1000Hz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Do you have a manual transmission or AT?
I have Diesel MT
Old 23rd July 2023, 21:44   #2912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
new seltos has become more mouth watering with the gizmos it has to offer. For someone who is looking at a feature loaded SUV for 10 years it makes a compelling business case while the M&M fetches more value, comfortable drive and safety. [/b]
I have driven my brother-in-law's feature loaded AT Seltos 1 year back for 1 month, and now having Scorpio N Z6 MT since last 2 months, and I can say that I absolutely love my Scorpio N. Only gripe is that I should have gone for Z8 due to extra airbags and extra features provided, otherwise it is very capable and safe vehicle (was contemplating Z2 earlier ). Hope this helps you to see perspective of one of Scorpio N owner.
dhingrasud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 22:01   #2913

Dear Bangalore Bhpians,
Scorpio N owners, please suggest on couple of below queries: Apologies if the same were already answered in previous posts.
1) General feedback on Sireesh auto (near Silk board) both Sales and Service, planning to book one from Sireesh Auto Silk board. So far haven’t had experience with Mahindra.
2) How is the clutch comfort of Scorpio N for short drivers. I am at 5.6 and felt Clutch has long travel when set the seat to maximum height during the test drive. Any optimum comfort position for short drivers.
Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd July 2023, 22:05   #2914
BHPian

Quote:

I also wanted to check with the members on the difference between the Z4 4X4 and the Z8 4x4. Is there any significant hardware difference.
Z8/Z8L come with Terrain Modes - Snow/Mud/Sand and have got MLD at the rear and BLD at the front. The Z4s have got only 4WD H & L.
Rahkehs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 22:11   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Z8/Z8L come with Terrain Modes - Snow/Mud/Sand and have got MLD at the rear and BLD at the front. The Z4s have got only 4WD H & L.
Pardon my ignorance. Does this mean the 4WD h&L are kind of driving modes but no hardware. Apologies, but I thought the MLD and BLDs are a pivotal equipment for a 4x4 but I could be wrong l.
Old 23rd July 2023, 22:30   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKU View Post
Fuel Efficiency

I am attaching all my fuel fills so far. You can see the efficiency there.
Which app you are using to track fuel efficiency? Do you recommend to use?
Old 23rd July 2023, 22:33   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Pardon my ignorance. Does this mean the 4WD h&L are kind of driving modes but no hardware. Apologies, but I thought the MLD and BLDs are a pivotal equipment for a 4x4 but I could be wrong l.
I am no expert, but here is what I have learned about the difference between Z8/Z8Ls 4XPLOR system and Z4s 4X4 —

Although the Z4s have Transfer Case for 4x4 High/Low, these do not have any locking system at the front or rear. If any one of the tyres at the front and rear loses traction at the same time, the vehicle might get struck, effectively making the 4x4 system useless.
Thus, the 4WD system of Z8/Z8L is more effective with MLD/BLD & Terrain Response System.
Hope it helps!
Rahkehs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 22:51   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post
2) How is the clutch comfort of Scorpio N for short drivers. I am at 5.6 and felt Clutch has long travel when set the seat to maximum height during the test drive. Any optimum comfort position for short drivers.
Thanks in advance!
The clutch has a very long travel and I am still not sure why it is made that way (may be this is the reason why people call it a truck). It is bit difficult on your left leg for manual transmission and more so for not so tall people, I have already developed abs on left side of my belly because of that long travel (right side looks odd though ). If you do not like to work on abs go for AT.
ghtg1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 23:20   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKU View Post
I have Diesel MT
Thought so. Such mileage in AT does not look probable. I have driven my car (Diesel AT) for around 150 kms at a stretch for a few times but not able to get more than 13ish mileage.

Even when I try to maintain RPM less than 2000, I don't get higher mileage. The AT upshifts at 2200-2300 and that seems to be the problem.

May be a longer journey will get better results.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 00:55   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post
Dear Bangalore Bhpians,
Scorpio N owners, please suggest on couple of below queries:
Thanks in advance!
I’m 5.5 and I came to scorpio N from an Alto k10 which I had been driving for 12 years. It’s true that the clutch has longer travel but its quite light for a vehicle of such mass. Initially I was addicted to the highest seating position as it reminded me of our Amby where you could see the entire hood edge to edge. However, I had to set my distance to the closest position to depress the clutch completely. With this position all was comfortable, except ingress and outgress where I had to squeeze in between the lower part of the steering and the seat. Thus, I lowered the seat 3 clicks and moved it back 4 clicks. Now its perfect, without compromising the hood view. What initially was fender to fender is now hood edge to edge. Hope this helps
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 05:54   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhingrasud View Post
. Hope this helps you to see perspective of one of Scorpio N owner.
Thank you so much. Let me try a detailed test drive back to back on the vehicles. My prime need is safety and comfortable drive (no compromise here ) as this could be my last vehicle purchase and I intend to venture places alone and with family as much as possible.

My Baleno gives me a back breaking drive and I don’t want a repeat of that.
Old 24th July 2023, 12:00   #2922
BHPian

AdrenoX Niggles:

Listing down the AdrenoX issue I have faced which are kind of annoying. Let me know if there are some solution/workaround to overcome these.

Fuel filled notification: On any trip, short or long, whether the vehicle is parked with the engine running or stopped completely, AdrenoX sends a notification that fuel is filled without even opening the fuel lid. When it happened for the first time, I was near a petrol pump, so I thought that AdrenoX may have assumed it due to the location's proximity. However, this has happened in other locations as well, such as the office parking lot.

Sending location to Vehicle Nav: I have saved some routes on the mobile AdrenoX, and the same routes are visible in the vehicle's navigation app; this works fine. When I want to navigate to a new location, I either search for it or pin the location on the mobile interface and then select to send it to the vehicle.
  • This operation is delayed, it takes minimum 5 minutes
  • When sharing notification appears finally after delays, location is not correct. My home location appears as shared location so this feature is useless

Trips not recorded: : Sometimes a trip is not recorded at all. No clue what happened.
Old 24th July 2023, 12:07   #2923

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtg1 View Post
The clutch has a very long travel and I am still not sure why it is made that way (may be this is the reason why people call it a truck). It is bit difficult on your left leg for manual transmission and more so for not so tall people, I have already developed abs on left side of my belly because of that long travel (right side looks odd though ). If you do not like to work on abs go for AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
I’m 5.5 and I came to scorpio N from an Alto k10 which I had been driving for 12 years. It’s true that the clutch has longer travel but its quite light for a vehicle of such mass. Initially I was addicted to the highest seating position as it reminded me of our Amby where you could see the entire hood edge to edge. However, I had to set my distance to the closest position to depress the clutch completely. With this position all was comfortable, except ingress and outgress where I had to squeeze in between the lower part of the steering and the seat. Thus, I lowered the seat 3 clicks and moved it back 4 clicks. Now its perfect, without compromising the hood view. What initially was fender to fender is now hood edge to edge. Hope this helps
@ ghtg1 Thanks !, Need to think of AT .

@sand-dune96, thanks
Spot on, you have clearly explained the solution to the point.
Old 24th July 2023, 17:03   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
AdrenoX Niggles:

Listing down the AdrenoX issue I have faced which are kind of annoying. Let me know if there are some solution/workaround to overcome these.

Fuel filled notification: On any trip, short or long, whether the vehicle is parked with the engine running or stopped completely, AdrenoX sends a notification that fuel is filled without even opening the fuel lid.

Sending location to Vehicle Nav: I have saved some routes on the mobile AdrenoX, and the same routes are visible in the vehicle's navigation app; this works fine. When I want to navigate to a new location, I either search for it or pin the location on the mobile interface and then select to send it to the vehicle.[list]
This operation is delayed, it takes minimum 5 minutes
1. The refuel glitch has occurred to me several times so much so that I've stopped tracking it. I had noticed the same during my trip to North Bengal and Darjeeling. Since the slope keeps changing directions, so does the meniscus of the fuel in the tank. Along with fuel filled notifs I noticed the mileage go haywire also. Usually level sensors use the pressure of the liquid column due to the height. So my assumption was since the car is going up and down on slopes, the level sensor reading might be inaccurate and whenever there is an increase in the reading, the mileage increases and a feedback is given that fuel has been filled. Feel free to correct as this is just my thought process.

2. Regarding sharing the map on to the Infotainment from the Adrenox App on the phone, I never could do it. I remember sitting on my couch planning and plotting the entire route for North Bengal from home a night before the journey on the app and sharing it. But next day while starting out there was no saved routes on the on screen nav. I had to plot the entire route on the Infotainment Screen map again.
Old 24th July 2023, 23:16   #2925
BHPian

I got my 10K service done for my Scorpio N Z8L 4X4. The big news is that the Apple Carplay update is available and it was installed on my infotainment system. Those of you who were disappointed by this missing feature can get this complaint addressed. Just take your car to Mahindra service and ask for the software update

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks