Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2023, 15:20   #2866
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Got the carplay update. Real work was about an hour, waiting took another.

Finally, ability to use the iPhone brings me a lot of happiness and familiarity. Have used only wired connection so far (as my phone didn't have much battery).

Notable points:
* Much more fluid compared to android auto
* No glitches, at least in the first half an hour
* Somehow sound quality feels way better than android. Soundstage is crystal clear and wide. Drums, bass and rhythm surround you while vocals and solos are right in the centre. Now it feels like immersive 3D

Issues:
* Pressing mute will stop the playback but pressing again will not resume. Would resume on android

Happy with the service and the output. Only wish it was just a bit quicker

Interface:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_6871.jpeg

Teaser from upcoming travelogue:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-_dsf3138edit.jpeg

Stay tuned for more uwu
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 20:20   #2867
BHPian

[quote=vredesbyrd;5585635]Got the carplay update.

Notable points:
* Much more fluid compared to android auto
* No glitches, at least in the first half an hour
* Somehow sound quality feels way better than android. Soundstage is crystal clear and wide. Drums, bass and rhythm surround you while vocals and solos are right in the centre. Now it feels like immersive 3D

Issues:
* Pressing mute will stop the playback but pressing again will not resume. Would resume on android /QUOTE]

Thrilled to hear people starting to get stable (fingers crossed) update of Apple CarPlay. Regarding the improvement in quality and pause issue, were you using the same music streaming app on both Android and iOS? If yes, then was both music of the same quality? For eg. In Apple Music - maybe iPhone using Dolby Atmos and higher bitrate as compared to Android. Also, did you try out Android Auto after the software flash? Was Apple CarPlay still better?
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 20:26   #2868
BHPian

Got the Silver Box flashed today, two service actions were listed by Mahindra for my Scorpio-N - Inspection of Chassis Wiring and Apple Carplay. The update took approx 1 hour to complete and now Apple Carplay is working smoothly. However, there is one issue- Google Maps doesn’t work in the MID when Navigation is selected, although Apple Map and Mapples work on the MID. Can anyone please confirm whether it’s same in your vehicle! The SW version is 10.27.65 in my vehicle.
Old 15th July 2023, 22:44   #2869
BHPian

[quote=sand-dune96;5585750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post

Thrilled to hear people starting to get stable (fingers crossed) update of Apple CarPlay. Regarding the improvement in quality and pause issue, were you using the same music streaming app on both Android and iOS? If yes, then was both music of the same quality? For eg. In Apple Music - maybe iPhone using Dolby Atmos and higher bitrate as compared to Android. Also, did you try out Android Auto after the software flash? Was Apple CarPlay still better?
Didn’t notice any degradation of audio quality, but last couple days CarPlay has started to randomly disconnect and doesn’t resume till the car is restarted.

One more issue with the software implementation on this car (maybe other Mahindra vehicles as well) is that the audio volume stays unchanged when reversing. 5
This makes the sound of the rear parking sensors hard to hear. Sound volume used to get automatically reduced in my older Maruti in this scenario.
Have communicated this to the company a while back. Hopefully it is addressed in a future update.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 22:52   #2870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
Were you using the same music streaming app on both Android and iOS? If yes, then was both music of the same quality? For eg. In Apple Music - maybe iPhone using Dolby Atmos and higher bitrate as compared to Android. Also, did you try out Android Auto after the software flash? Was Apple CarPlay still better?
Well, haven't tried android auto after that and probably won't be, for quite a while. Same app - amazon music. The difference was night and day and Carplay was way better. Even when playing locally stored tracks on the phone, it was very nice.

Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Didn’t notice any degradation of audio quality, but last couple days CarPlay has started to randomly disconnect and doesn’t resume till the car is restarted.

One more issue with the software implementation on this car (maybe other Mahindra vehicles as well) is that the audio volume stays unchanged when reversing.
I will be able to check that once I start using wirelessly. So far, wire has been my go-to connection source because I have a very deep dislike for bluetooth.
About the volume issue, for me it was fine during reversing. However, the phone was not in silent and when it rang, it was at full volume through the car speakers. Nearly had a heart attack. I will check if there are separate volume controls for the ringer.

I guess we're nearly there but not exactly there yet with the state of updates.
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 12:31   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Google Maps doesn’t work in the MID when Navigation is selected, although Apple Map and Mapples work on the MID. Can anyone please confirm whether it’s same in your vehicle! The SW version is 10.27.65 in my vehicle.
Yes, it doesn't work for me either. I just use Android Auto so was not even expecting GMaps to show on MID. If Apple Maps show on MID then that is a big plus. However, I am not an apple user.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 13:57   #2872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post

I think the sound quality is liked to the smartphone hardware as well as the subscription, if it supports HiRes Audio/ Dolby Atmos etc with top tier chipset it may sound different than an entry level smartphone running the same music software.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 14:53   #2873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
I will be able to check that once I start using wirelessly. So far, wire has been my go-to connection source because I have a very deep dislike for bluetooth.
Do update whether there's any noticeable difference in audio quality between wireless and wired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
However, there is one issue- Google Maps doesn’t work in the MID when Navigation is selected, although Apple Map and Mapples work on the MID. Can anyone please confirm whether it’s same in your vehicle! The SW version is 10.27.65 in my vehicle.
I haven't got the update yet. Last time I drove her, GMaps used to show up on the MID as just blue coloured arrow directions with text. No actual map and route. MapMyIndia used to show up as a complete map with route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I think the sound quality is liked to the smartphone hardware as well as the subscription, if it supports HiRes Audio/ Dolby Atmos etc with top tier chipset it may sound different than an entry level smartphone running the same music software.
Maybe. However, this can only be discerned comparing locally stored songs on both platforms. As far as the smartphone hardware is concerned, I think nothing except the BT version (for wireless) and the USB cable (for wired) should matter, since the phone is just transmitting the audio to the car unit. So playback should be dependent on the hardware of the car unit and the transmission quality (in which case the phone hardware plays a role).
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 16:09   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
I haven't got the update yet. Last time I drove her, GMaps used to show up on the MID as just blue coloured arrow directions with text. No actual map and route. MapMyIndia used to show up as a complete map with route.
Before this update, Gmaps through Android Auto showed blue arrow signs on the MID for me too. But now the MID just goes black if navigation is selected with Carplay. I haven’t checked Android Auto after the update as yet.

The Service Centre also got me sign an undertaking before the update that I accept Map My India offline maps won’t work and I am okay with Online MMI Mappls after the update!
Old 17th July 2023, 00:23   #2875

These days many youtubers are promoting their WhatsApp group channels in their video descriptions. By any chance if you are part of those groups? Anyone who joined those groups for free and need authenticated mobile numbers can see your number. This is the easiest and free of cost way to get data. Are you part of any such groups related to Scorpio N ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
There is possibility that returning the shipment may result in increased calls, pressuring me for payment or compensation

I think there are many such scammer groups, even I fend one, another one will be ready to call.

Few things I have noticed which helps. I was startled first then it became norms.

Start recording and once they know its getting recorded, the tone changes.

Ask more details, from where they are calling, their name and other details to pin point about person while recording.

Ask how they got the details, tell them it's wrong and you have other vehicle and location .

For holiday, ask for more days and more number of family members to be included.
Old 17th July 2023, 13:40   #2876
BHPian

After a long drive of 500 KM, I am noticing that the car is pulling towards left. At just 45 days and 3000 KM on the odo . Is there anyone else who is facing this left pulling issue? I just find it frustrating that wheels are out of alignment so early.
Old 17th July 2023, 15:36   #2877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
After a long drive of 500 KM, I am noticing that the car is pulling towards left. At just 45 days and 3000 KM on the odo .
Congratulations on your car.
Not related to ScorpioN, but many of the XUV500 owners had faced similar issues in initial batch of cars.

For many, the issue was due to wrong tyre pressure set during delivery. For many others, the issue was resolved by rotating the tyres (not alignment issue as such) and mostly to do with JK Tyre.

However, the issue is compounded due to torque steer on hard acceleration.

Hope you able to resolve your issue based on above issue listed.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 20:15   #2878
BHPian

Best audio settings on the Z8L:

Ever since my Scorpio-N Z8L 4WD arrived, I have been trying to get the sound as close to my recording studio speakers. A lot of back and forth between the garage and the studio, frequency measurements, and a couple of days ago it was finally able to satisfy my ears as a music producer. Hence, thought of sharing with all of you for your benefit.

Note: It is recommended that you update your vehicle software to the latest version first.

Please follow the below steps:

1. Connect your phone through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

2. Set your music streaming app to the highest quality setting. (I use Apple Music lossless)

3. Don't play any music yet

4. Head to the audio settings screen in the Scorpio-N

5. Under 3D sound, select "Immersive 3D"
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_8368.jpg

6. Under "Sound Field Position" set it as shown in the picture below. This is the most important step, as any further or backward position of the blue bot will change the intended sound by miles. Place it exactly in the position as shown below
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_8369.jpg

7. Under "Sound Field Size" select "Large"
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_8370.jpg

8. Under Equalizer, set it exactly as shown below
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_8371.jpg

9. Under "DSEE", keep it switched off
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_8372.jpg

Now play your familiar songs and enjoy the blissful, w-i-d-e, and balanced aural experience. Let me know how it feels. Would be eager to hear from you guys

Last edited by RevvMusic : 17th July 2023 at 20:18.
RevvMusic is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 21:11   #2879

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post

Now play your familiar songs and enjoy the blissful, w-i-d-e, and balanced aural experience. Let me know how it feels. Would be eager to hear from you guys

Wonderful work for Z8L. I hope guys would love it and you get zillion blessings.

However not all of us have Z8L, what settings are recommended for poorer cousins Z8 & Z6?
dhingrasud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 21:41   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhingrasud View Post
Wonderful work for Z8L. I hope guys would love it and you get zillion blessings.

However not all of us have Z8L, what settings are recommended for poorer cousins Z8 & Z6?
Thanks a lot. For the Z8 and Z6 I need to catch hold of someone who has that variant and spend a couple of days with the car. Hope I can do it in the near future. Would keep you updated.
RevvMusic is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks