Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 11:54   #2821
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Some shops have done it for the Z8L, replacing both the low beam projector and the high beam reflector by aftermarket projectors.
It is giving appropriate results but not sure how well those shops are able to reseal the headlights.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=mHaG...BoZWFkbGlnaHQg

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=2Zj6...BoZWFkbGlnaHQg

Alternatively, you can have Bi-LED aux lights fitted like bhpian chipsnchops did to his Z8L (please ref. post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5491500 (Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market))

Personally for me, the stock setup is lightyears ahead of what I had in the Vento (stock LEDs) and the Superb (10 year old D1S Xenarcs later replaced by pathetic chines HID D1S and later by equally pathetic aliexpress D1S LED conversion bulbs)
Might go for the Bi-LED aux setup in a year or so as touring increases with the boys
These definitely look better then the stock.
For the time being will stick to the original setup. Will see how these aftermarket ones hold up in monsoon, not sure how are the units sealed back.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:40   #2822
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Apple Carplay Update

Apple CarPlay Update

I got my ScorpioN software flashed to get Apple Carplay activated. The software was updated to version 10.14.75 and Apple CarPlay was activated. I ran the car for about 30 minutes and 15 km after the update and CarPlay seemed to work flawlessly. If there is a change in my experience with this activation, I will report it through this thread. For now, all looks good. This is an update we have been waiting on for long. I made calls though CarPlay too, and they seemed clear and connected without delay. Connection and disconnection is flawless too, with CarPlay starting almost as soon as Adrenox lights up. Here are a few pictures from the car:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230706-12.28.04-pm.png  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230706-12.29.02-pm.png  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230706-12.27.34-pm.png  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230706-12.28.23-pm.png  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230706-12.27.49-pm.png  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230706-12.41.12-pm.png  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20230706-12.41.28-pm.png  

Last edited by acquillew : 6th July 2023 at 12:43.
acquillew is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 13:12   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post

Apple CarPlay Update

I got my ScorpioN software flashed to get Apple Carplay activated. The software was updated to version 10.14.75 and Apple CarPlay was activated. I ran the car for about 30 minutes and 15 km after the update and CarPlay seemed to work flawlessly. If there is a change in my experience with this activation, I will report it through this thread. For now, all looks good. This is an update we have been waiting on for long.:
Finally the update most us have been waiting for. About time! Thanks a ton for the quick update. Now I can be a tad happier about my recent iPhone purchase ... Was not very enthusiastic about having to carry my old Android additionally every time I go out for a drive.
Old 6th July 2023, 14:13   #2824
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like they are stepping up the brand visibility in Australia with new launches.

News.

Link
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 16:22   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post

Apple CarPlay Update

I got my ScorpioN software flashed to get Apple Carplay activated. The software was updated to version 10.14.75 and Apple CarPlay was activated:
So both Aa and ACP are available post the update? How did you get it done? My SA is saying its not available yet.
Old 6th July 2023, 16:51   #2826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
So both Aa and ACP are available post the update? How did you get it done? My SA is saying its not available yet.
For Z8L models a software update with Apple CarPlay has been made available. For Z6/Z8 models, they are able to activate Android Auto and Apple CarPlay by flashing the same version software (maybe an updated version with just AA and AC activated).

While many dealerships across the country are happily performing the update/flash (as is evident by multiple posts on Facebook), some seem to be completely unaware. My own experience with 3 different service centres in Kolkata has been mixed. Two places had no clue about any such update for Z8, a third service centre said they had been informed about such an update but had not received any formal circular regarding the same and were waiting for the same before they could proceed with flashing customer vehicles.

Definitely seems to be a lucky draw situation. Also read about one customer facing a similar uninformed service centre, but they still showed up and asked them to flash the latest software, which worked. Definitely a your mileage may vary situation. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks all SAs get on board with the program.
ask99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 17:27   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
ask99 has it correct. For my Z8L, they updated the software to 10.14.75 and then activated CarPlay.

My dealer too, initially said that they had not heard anything from Mahindra regarding this update, and when they check with the VIN if the car, they don't see an update required notification. But I asked them to connect the car and flash the software, and they could see an update was visible. For me, it took about an hour and 15 minutes for the entire process to be complete.
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 10:47   #2828

I completed 5000kms in my Scorpio N Z8L manual

Positives:
Great riding position. It's a commanding view that you won't get in any pseudo monocoque SUVs.

Instant power whenever you need it. Just a slight push on the pedal. Overtaking is effortless

It irons out most of the bad patches in highways. In my last trip from Chennai to Bangalore, it sailed through all those bad patch sections where other cars had to slow down... That's the strength of body on ladder SUV. Coupled with FDD and Penta link suspension, it takes the driving comfort to next level.

Cons:

Most of the times, Alexa is saying internet is not reachable. I am not sure why!

Clutch is too deep. Tried setting the seat in many positions but still I am not getting the right position! Still figuring out!

With 2.2L engine, i expected rpm to remain under 2000rpm at 120kmph cruising speed... But it goes upto 2500rpm resulting in lower mileage. Got only 13kmpl in highway however I drove it enthusiastically!!!

Overall, I am enjoying my decision of purchasing this vehicle everyday. I still did not hear anything about the whistling noise coming from the roof top carrier. It is removed and kept at home. In my next service, I will take it to the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230707_103037_com.android.gallery3d.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230707_103024_com.android.gallery3d.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230707_102927.jpg  

Kathiravansub is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 11:21   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathiravansub View Post

With 2.2L engine, i expected rpm to remain under 2000rpm at 120kmph cruising speed... But it goes upto 2500rpm resulting in lower mileage. Got only 13kmpl in highway however I drove it enthusiastically!!!
I think the manual and automatics are tuned differently. I have not driven at 120 till now but at 110, my AT car was at 2000 RPM.

I remember a reviewer had also mentioned this in his review when the car was launched that manual crosses 2000 RPM much more quickly than AT.

The problem with AT is it holds 3rd and 4th gear till much higher RPM's and that reduces mileage.

So both have some down side.
Old 7th July 2023, 12:10   #2830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathiravansub View Post
Disappointing, but expected.

In modern diesels, the automatic version has more relaxed cruising rpm than the manual in the same engine. Roughly 200-300rpm difference. Read something related to emissions. Add to that, with Mahindra's usual engine tuning style, expect the manual to be eager and power on tap mode than relaxed cruising mode. I don't think even the diesel automatic does 120km/h under 2000rpm in the ScorpioN, but does in the XUV700. Also the Innova and Fortuner automatics do 120km/h at ~1900rpm.

Was there any heavy load in the vehicle or heavy wind on the highway? That could also affect the cruising rpm. Regarding the driving position, my brother also shared the same. He was not comfortable with the position of the manual transmission lever and clutch, finding something off. Though he found it much easier in the old Scorpio to use the clutch and gearlever, even though the overall space is tight. I have TDed only the ScorpioN automatic only, so don't know about the clutch travel problem.

Last edited by DicKy : 7th July 2023 at 12:13.
Old 7th July 2023, 15:45   #2831
BHPian

OT

I am receiving frequent calls from Delhi regarding the RSA card for my recently purchased car. The callers seem to be aware of both my car purchase and the car's registration number. They claim to be calling from Mahindra, but when I inquire about their branch or dealership, they abruptly end the calls. As a precaution, I have started recording these calls whenever I suspect their authenticity.

Furthermore, I have also been receiving calls about holiday packages, which interestingly include the same information about my car and the RTO. It appears that we don't actually need an RSA card from Mahindra to access this service.

Can anyone confirm if they have also got similar calls or I am the only one whose data is leaked.
Old 7th July 2023, 16:46   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
OT

I am receiving frequent calls from Delhi regarding the RSA card for my recently purchased car. The callers seem to be aware of both my car purchase and the car's registration number. They claim to be calling from Mahindra, but when I inquire about their branch or dealership, they abruptly end the calls. As a precaution, I have started recording these calls whenever I suspect their authenticity.

It appears that we don't actually need an RSA card from Mahindra to access this service.

Can anyone confirm if they have also got similar calls or I am the only one whose data is leaked.
Yes, I have been receiving similar calls within 1 month of my purchase. There was never a doubt that they were a scam A good thing you started recording them. Do not give away any personal information. In my case they would call me in an urgent tone saying that RSA card has been issued.

As for Name and car details, there would be a lot of loopholes from where such scrupulous agents can access information in bulk.
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 17:00   #2833
BHPian

Went to the workshop today (Koncept Mahindra greater noida)
The steering issue is yet to be fixed.

@EVERYONE
They confirmed that they have received the software for Android Auto & Apple Carplay & would be flashed tomorrow.

Quote:
OT

I have received the same RSA call.
Nitish.arnold is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 17:43   #2834
BHPian

Quote:
OT

Furthermore, I have also been receiving calls about holiday packages, which interestingly include the same information about my car and the RTO. It appears that we don't actually need an RSA card from Mahindra to access this service.

Yes, getting the same calls since i got my vehicle last month.
Ignore them.

If you just want to pull their leg ask them to send the card, have heard they ask for payment to be made on delivery, once the guy comes deny accepting it.
Make them spend some of their ill-gotten wealth.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th July 2023 at 12:05. Reason: Missing capitalization / punctuation marks.
Gaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 18:11   #2835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post

If you just want to pull their leg ask them to send the card, have heard they ask for payment to be made on delivery, once the guy comes deny accepting it.
Make them spend some of their ill-gotten wealth.
There is possibility that returning the shipment may result in increased calls, pressuring me for payment or compensation

I think there are many such scammer groups, even I fend one, another one will be ready to call.

Few things I have noticed which helps. I was startled first then it became norms.

Start recording and once they know its getting recorded, the tone changes.

Ask more details, from where they are calling, their name and other details to pin point about person while recording.

Ask how they got the details, tell them it's wrong and you have other vehicle and location .

For holiday, ask for more days and more number of family members to be included.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th July 2023 at 12:05. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
KumarS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks