Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2023, 08:16   #2806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys, as far as I remember: there was a recall for the Clutch Slave Cylinder issue for Diesel MT variants.
Damn !! I cannot believe that Mahindra hasn't sorted this out. I had two failures of the clutch slave cylinder in my 2011 Scorpio Mhawk 4WD and I wrote a thread on team-bhp about it at that time. Both happened within about 35K Kms.
It is a major pain to fix as the slave cylinder is inside the bell housing. So, you have to remove the drive shafts rear and front (if 4WD), drop the transmission to access the slave cylinder.
Surprised to hear about this in the Scorpio - N. Hope they get it sorted out asap.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 13:27   #2807
BHPian

Got the first servicing done at 550 kms and Just completed a 1500 km trip on my Z4 4x4 from dehradun to babina and back. Few points noted:-

1. First service is wash and wipe. They just dont do ANYTHING!
2. Tyres in stock condition are having good grip. Mind you i travelled in peak monsoon, through yamuna expressway and Peripheral and had no issue on wet surface.
3. Brakes. All discs have solid bite. Had couple of ocassions of panic braking. Good feature is that hazard lights blink for a few seconds.
4. 15.5 km per litre, speed generally maintained at 90-100 kmph, and i am talking tank to tank method. Console shows me AFE of 16.
5. Comfortable. Suspensions take on speed breakers and pot holes with poise.
6. Recommended tyre pressure of 34 psi on all tyres i felt is on higher side. Should be 30. I brought them down to 31 in front and 34 in rear.
7. Famous trip meter reset issue is present in Jun 23 models too.
8. Definitely need to add a subwoofer and tweeters. Stock speakers are good but you need better on those long drives. I will have to search for a subwoofer which can sit with all 3 rows up. And i dont feel like adding a under seat sub. Dont want to add sub they way karol bagh does. Just need a simple plug and play thin enclosure, floor standing. Seen one from pioneer.
9. AC is a chiller, but sun shades or films to cut off UV rays is needed to avoid sunburns.
his-xc-lnc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 16:15   #2808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
6. Recommended tyre pressure of 34 psi on all tyres i felt is on higher side. Should be 30. I brought them down to 31 in front and 34 in rear.
Please do not drive vehicles with under inflated tyres , you have not experienced the ill effects of this - you are still alive , so there is that.

Always fill upto recommended cold air inflation pressures , doing this will allow the suspension to do its job, under inflation will not improve anything on the road. This was explained by BD Sir in the Thar CRDe thread eons ago.
Kosfactor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 18:52   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
A couple hypothetical questions for you, if you ignore the initial experience at the first service centre, and assume your service centre ordeal began from when you finally brought the car in at this second service centre and going by the timeline and the staff's endeavours from that point on, would you feel less aggrieved about the situation? And do you think that your experience at the second attempt was a good one? Or did it still take more time than it should have?
The first service centre experience was so bad that I was really upset that I have made a wrong choice by going for Mahindra. It was very unethical and unprofessional.

But the second service centre staff were able to change my opinion to a great extent with their prompt response and dedication to fix the issue. I really appreciate all their efforts and I have expressed my gratitude to them multiple times. But in spite of all this, any brand taking 17+ days to analyse & fix an issue in their own product is laughable in my view. I understand there are processes and logistics involved but the time of the customer who has bought one of their premium products should be valued more.
DheerajNK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 08:42   #2810
BHPian

Any updates on Apple Carplay for Z8Ls? I saw in a Facebook group yesterday that a member had got Apple Carplay activated in his car from a Jabalpur dealership. I checked with my SA and he did not seem to have any information regarding the same. Has anybody updated their cars with this latest update from Mahindra?

(Pic credit; FB post. Using here for information purposes only)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-6a7e2ff90bfc4bfca3eaefa1d73335bd.jpg  

acquillew is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 09:47   #2811

Yes I want to know that if Android Auto and apple carplay update is available for z6 Or not?
Old 4th July 2023, 10:26   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I checked with my SA and he did not seem to have any information regarding the same. Has anybody updated their cars with this latest update from Mahindra?
Checked with my SA in Bangalore and he also has no clue
Old 4th July 2023, 14:07   #2813

Today marks a month my vehicle gave an engine warning light. Mahindra says we are working on it. Can anyone here shed some light on how long it should take to rectify a problem in the car? No fix found yet, as Mahindra engineers who made the car can't come up with a solution?
Old 4th July 2023, 20:18   #2814
BHPian

Some observations during these heavy rains:

1. Driving: ploughs through the Mumbai and Pune potholes without a care in the world. Have to be careful not to splash pedestrians and two wheeler riders due to the heavy footprint
2. Rain sensing wipers: work well enough but sometimes their frequency reduces a bit too much during mild drizzle after an extended bout of usage.
3. Rear wipers: coverage is not the best
4. Rear defogger: turns off a bit too quickly and requires repeat operation during heavy rains
5. The location and operation of the wiper and fog lamp controls is not the best, as they hide behind the spokes of the steering wheel

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_1325.jpeg
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_1327.jpeg

6. Black color is a royal pain to maintain in the rains

On a different note, the hook attachment to keep the 3rd row seat up in case of severe bumps make an irritating clanking noise all the time. Put in a cheap workaround by tying some cloth around it.
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_1317.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_1324.jpeg
Still waiting for the elusive CarPlay update to be announced.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 09:15   #2815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Put in a cheap workaround by tying some cloth around it.
Maybe black insulation tape wound around the leg of head rest will look aesthetically better.
Old 5th July 2023, 10:57   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Maybe black insulation tape wound around the leg of head rest will look aesthetically better.
It will, but might compromise the ability to lower the head rest.
Will find a more elegant solution after sourcing some packing material.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 15:08   #2817
BHPian

Lighting Query for Scorpio N Z8L - I was told by a reputed accessory shop that the headlight unit in the top variant of Scorpio N is completely sealed and there is no way they would be able to replace the headlamps. I mean it was easy business for accessory shop to sell me overpriced LEDs or HIDs but they still denied it which leads me to believe there may be some element of truth. Shouldn't the headlights be easy to replace by a user? The user manual says something on the lines of:

"11.16 Head Lamp Bulb Replacement (if equipped)

Below procedure is applicable only for variants having Head lamp bulbs."

Does this mean the top variants headlights are only replaceable by service centers?

I could not find a single video or post of Z8L head lamp upgrades so asking here. I am unable to delete the post in lighting queries thread.
Old 5th July 2023, 17:08   #2818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Checked with my SA in Bangalore and he also has no clue
Checked with my SA at Anant Cars and yes, there is an update available with Apple Car Play. But he told me to wait till the end of this week as there are bugs being fixed.
somitsme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 19:41   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Lighting Query for Scorpio N Z8L - I was told by a reputed accessory shop that the headlight unit in the top variant of Scorpio N is completely sealed and there is no way they would be able to replace the headlamps.
That is my understanding is as well.
Apparently no way to replace the pathetic LED's (low beam) with a powerful one until someone comes up with a equivalent sealed unit with a inbuilt powerful LED.
Old 6th July 2023, 09:26   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
That is my understanding is as well.
Apparently no way to replace the pathetic LED's (low beam) with a powerful one until someone comes up with a equivalent sealed unit with a inbuilt powerful LED.
Some shops have done it for the Z8L, replacing both the low beam projector and the high beam reflector by aftermarket projectors.
It is giving appropriate results but not sure how well those shops are able to reseal the headlights.

Alternatively, you can have Bi-LED aux lights fitted like bhpian chipsnchops did to his Z8L (please ref. post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5491500 (Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market))

Personally for me, the stock setup is lightyears ahead of what I had in the Vento (stock LEDs) and the Superb (10 year old D1S Xenarcs later replaced by pathetic chines HID D1S and later by equally pathetic aliexpress D1S LED conversion bulbs)
Might go for the Bi-LED aux setup in a year or so as touring increases with the boys

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 6th July 2023 at 09:27.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks