Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2023, 16:07   #2776
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziffius View Post
Thank you for your posts, especially related to the steering judder and the rattling sound clip.
It's been a while now - have these issues been fixed? Loud rattle in the sound clip in one of your earlier posts was quite irksome.
I am hoping against hope that you have not been forced to make your peace with it.
I am afraid the latter.
Showed the car again to the service center and took a looong test drive as well with their best service advisor.

1. Loud rattle could not be replicated despite going over several rumbler strips. Next step is to do the test drive in Mumbai where I observe the issue.

2. Steering column judder was acknowledged as an issue, but the fact that Mahindra has no solution was also acknowledged
He will check with Mahindra engineering on what solutions are in the pipeline.

On the plus side, I did get the flat boot accessory installed and now have a neat tool storage as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_1198.jpeg  

Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 18:20   #2777

I got the rear tumble seat replaced under warranty. My 2nd claim after the speedometer console crack. (Z8L D MT RWD)

This took much longer as the SVC tried their best to repair the old one which was getting stuck before finalising replacement. The single seat costs around 30k including fitting if paying out of pocket. I guess this is the cost of owning a first lot Mahindra.

I'll probably cross my 20k kms mark by September end. Have ordered the rear boot accessory and am also searching for speaker insert. The black paint is a pain to maintain and will treat it as a lesson learn for next purchases will get PPF sooner. Will get a paint correction and PPF post 3rd service.
Old 24th June 2023, 22:47   #2778
BHPian

500km - First Service Update

I know what you are thinking. The first service is at 1000km, right?
Well, I've got an 1800km trip coming up so planned an early service.

The service experience was decent enough but they took way too long. By the time they were done, I had been to 3 guitar shops and had a nice chicken burger at KFC. More on it later.

Some key observations in 500km:
  • People do respect the size and usually don't cut you, except some two wheelers, Swifts and Fortuners and didis on scooty
  • Finally found a comfortable driving position, seat cranked up to max height but slightly pushed back
  • I cannot get the passenger side wiper down unless I jump really high and slam it down. Perhaps I can try standing on the tyre
  • Music system is great and I am very happy with the sound quality, I play 80's pop, nu-metal, orchestra, classic rock and metal (I know, sacrilege for a BoF 4x4 owner)
  • Parking can be a pain sometimes but the front camera and dynamic guidelines car make the pain more bearable
  • Malls guards are often willing to park it in "that" bound by rope VIP parking space
  • Managed to continue the palindrome syndrome (i.e. Superb-6336, Vento-1881, Scorpio-2112)
  • Very smooth, soft, squishy and comfortable ride quality anywhere and everywhere
  • Handling is something else altogether. After driving a Superb and Vento, I would say that it is really impressive for a BoF SUV. It is really good. Can't wait to hustle it up a hill/ghat
  • Not that I care but the mileage is abysmal in city, unable to get anything more than 8 kmpl. Saw 16 kmpl once when I put cruise control at 90 for 15 minutes
  • Had one situation where the rear MLD had to lock up. Feels like a kick in a guts. Anybody not familiar would think that you crashed or broke something. Same goes for the loud clank when switching to 4WD
  • People look at me funny when I unlock or get off the vehicle (maybe it's the small kid vs big SUV joke thing?)
  • Feels really safe and confident. Was doing 90 kph in the rain
  • NVH is really good. Roll up the windows and you can't hear people outside
  • Gearbox is very smooth and responsive. Too sporty at times and stays in powerband. Nice for spirited driving but sometimes I really want it to shift up a little early so that I could stay at 1600 rpm

Post-Service Surprise
The service has changed things because:
  • Classic Mahindra issue of radio starting with car has appeared (was plagued with it in the XUV500)
  • Something has really change. The car seems way faster, crisper and way more responsive. Goes like the BS6 Fortuner. What have they done?
  • Brakes have become more progressive and less "YOU WANT TO STOP NOW? OK, WE STOP NOW!!!". No more jerks or sudden stops
  • Mileage has increased by 1.5-2 kmpl. That same mystery magic which made the car faster?
  • Got underbody rust coating

Here are some photos

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3085.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3087.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3071.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3072.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3068.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3064.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3066.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3118.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3116.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3105.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3069.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dscf3063.jpg

Will try to get better photos on the trip
vredesbyrd is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 00:49   #2779
BHPian

Hi all, few queries

1. The accessories section of the official Mahindra website (m2all) does not seems to be working for some time now. Is it a issue with me or others too are facing an issue...any updates or news on the issue by anyone.

2. Got a roof carrier installed sometime back from the service center, procured it myself through the official m2all site. The fuel efficiency seems to have taken a knock down by couple of kmpl and excessive cabin noise (due to air drag to the best of my understanding) above 80 kmph. Anyone with any bright ideas to overcome these...

3. Any lead ins for a solution / gadgets to see the blind spot of left side which is not visible in the OVRM, esp. while parking, turning in slow speeds etc..

4. Any leads for good VFM under body protection, is it really needed

Thanks in anticipation.
YanTra Makto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 06:58   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Post-Service Surprise
The service has changed things because:
  • Classic Mahindra issue of radio starting with car has appeared (was plagued with it in the XUV500)
  • Something has really change. The car seems way faster, crisper and way more responsive. Goes like the BS6 Fortuner. What have they done?
  • Brakes have become more progressive and less "YOU WANT TO STOP NOW? OK, WE STOP NOW!!!". No more jerks or sudden stops
  • Mileage has increased by 1.5-2 kmpl. That same mystery magic which made the car faster?
  • Got underbody rust coating
This is really interesting to note. Do update after driving a few hundred more kms if you still are getting the same feeling as well as mileage from the car.
Also do have a word with your advisor or service manager if they have indeed upgraded something in the car.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 08:31   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
Update on my earlier post:

There has been no progress on this issue, and my car is still at the service centre. The SC seems to have changed the injectors but noise remains as is. So for the last 4-5 days I am getting an update that they are awaiting next steps from Mahindra plant engineers.

It has been 16 days & I am just fed up of this and would like to seek any help/guidance fellow Bhpians/Admins can offer to get me a resolution faster. I have already created twitter thread and it has been acknowledged by Mahindra.
Finally, this issue was fixed, and I got the car delivered on June 23rd. After all the escalations I made to various zonal/regional heads at Mahindra and twitter posts, this was handled on priority and plant engineers were made available to the service centre team.

The issue was with the steering column boot (the part through which the steering column enters the engine bay). The engine bay noise was filtering into the cabin. They removed it and retorqued it, which stopped the noise. They have delivered the car now but have placed an order to replace this part as suggested by plant engineers. They will replace it once the part arrives.

So an issue which was not even considered an issue and tried to be passed on as a “standard operating noise” finally got resolved after so much push from my end and the car spending almost half of my ownership duration in the service centre. The only silver lining is the attention and perseverance of the service centre manager (Mr Harry) and Cotek technician (Mr Sharath) at PPS Motors Bangalore, who understood the issue and made all possible attempts to resolve it from their end. After the initial bad experience at another service, it was nice to have this kind of support till the closure of the issue.

@Mods: Please update the original thread if needed. I have tried notifying mods by reporting the original thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

Last edited by navin : 25th June 2023 at 14:13. Reason: typos
DheerajNK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 18:04   #2782
BHPian

Hello team members. I have a Z4 4X4 delivered to me on 15 June 23. Firstly, the HU has Android Auto enabled and works like a charm, no issues or lag observed. However, its a wired unit and i have no complains. I will recheck for carplay too and update here. secondly, got few accessories done:-
1. Seat covers (Autoform)
2. Mats (Autoform)
3. Moco LEDs (BLING)
4. Rear view cam

The rear view cam is wolfbox T10. Definitely a great cam. Has the capability to show and record continuously front view, rear view and both simultaneously. Has GPS module to plot your routes and shows speed too. can tilt through touch controls and has a wide aperture cam so records mostly everything that you wish to be recorded. And lastly, has dedicated wifi for you to access video/photo should you need them immediately. Though, have not checked the recordings as yet, will update on that soon too. Attaching a few pics. Also, the camera comes with a cig lighter socket to type C charger. Since, no cig lighter is available in scorpio N, USB to type C arrangement for powering the unit is resorted to and hence one hanging loose wire. Will make some arrangement later.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-front-cam.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dual-2.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dual.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-front.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-rear.jpg  

his-xc-lnc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 19:06   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
After the initial bad experience at another service, it was nice to have this kind of support till the closure of the issue.

Thanks,
Dheeraj
Glad to hear they were able to resolve your issue, and also nice to read that the service centre staff were so proactive in finding a satisfactory solution. Hopefully this will help both Mahindra and other owners facing the same issue to resolve it quickly!

A couple hypothetical questions for you, if you ignore the initial experience at the first service centre, and assume your service centre ordeal began from when you finally brought the car in at this second service centre and going by the timeline and the staff's endeavours from that point on, would you feel less aggrieved about the situation? And do you think that your experience at the second attempt was a good one? Or did it still take more time than it should have?

Overall one of my reasons for sticking with Mahindra was the service staff and their approach to resolving issues. Fortunately any minor issues with my XUV500 were dealth with proactively and needed changes when under warranty were made without any obtuse misrepresentation.
Old 25th June 2023, 20:29   #2784

To anyone facing radio turning on at start-up, set source to radio first and then try changing source to from radio to Bluetooth /Android auto (if enabled) make sure your phone connects your phone before you turn off the vehicle for the night. I tried it and have had 0 issues with connection. In the service center when they check for updates the system defaults to radio, and if updated, there is a chance it will forget your device.

I noticed that it was back to radio post my SVC visit and tried the above again and it worked. Try if the same works on your machine.
blackfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 01:09   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Hello team members. I have a Z4 4X4 delivered to me on 15 June 23.
4. Rear view cam

The rear view cam is wolfbox T10.
Congratulations.

Could you please help with the image of the rear camera and the location where it has been fixed, as well as the wire routing to the rear?

Did you notice any vibrations on the dashcam when the vehicle is idling?

I also have a similar dashcam (RVM mounted, different brand) with rubber straps, and it vibrates excessively. It came with a slightly larger rear camera, and I am having trouble finding a place to mount it on the rear door.

Quote:
Firstly, the HU has Android Auto enabled and works like a charm, no issues or lag observed. However, its a wired unit and i have no complains. I will recheck for carplay too and update here
So, only Z6 and Z8 owners are left hanging without AA. Way to go, Mahindra.

It seems like they never planned to include Android Auto/CarPlay for these models.
Old 26th June 2023, 10:13   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post

Could you please help with the image of the rear camera and the location where it has been fixed, as well as the wire routing to the rear?

Did you notice any vibrations on the dashcam when the vehicle is idling?

So, only Z6 and Z8 owners are left hanging without AA. Way to go, Mahindra.
Yes please. Firstly, the rear photo, neatly integrated cam at the rear. The cam was pasted on 3m double tape earlier by me but then i realised the entire portion on which it is mounted can be easily disassembled and is plastic. So went ahead with drilling two small screws to make it foolproof. No shaky/distorted video. Absolutely crisp and clear. Secondly, my Z4 comes with carplay too. . Glad they activated it. Lady in the house is happy too. The work was done at Emporio by autoform in Dehradun. No need to cut any wires. System is standalone, just plug it, power it and use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230626_085647.jpg  

Last edited by his-xc-lnc : 26th June 2023 at 10:16. Reason: Left few queries asked by a member
his-xc-lnc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 13:24   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Yes please. Firstly, the rear photo, neatly integrated cam at the rear. The cam was pasted on 3m double tape earlier by me but then i realised the entire portion on which it is mounted can be easily disassembled and is plastic. So went ahead with drilling two small screws to make it foolproof.
Thanks for pics.

Its neatly placed. I thought, its inside the cabin.
In my Zest, I had placed rear camera on rear glass, it had good angle and also weather proof.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20210808_062844.jpeg

Wanted to replicate the same in N but due to vertical glass, its impossible.
Looking for some jugad platform for rear camera .

The rear camera used to be rock solid and used to have better video quality. However, due to a rubber strap, mirror mounted camera used to vibrate then, and it continues to vibrate even now in N .

I did some DIY to mount camera directly in RVM bracket using action cam mounts but it failed.
Old 26th June 2023, 13:34   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, my Z4 comes with carplay too. . Glad they activated it. Lady in the house is happy too. The work was done at Emporio by autoform in Dehradun. No need to cut any wires. System is standalone, just plug it, power it and use it.
Seems they have changed the rear badging to 4X4 from 4XPLOR.

Or was it always the case?

Last edited by Nightmare : 26th June 2023 at 13:39. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 26th June 2023, 13:38   #2789
BHPian

The guy who had come to give demo when I took delivery had said that always drive in Zap mode which is default. Zip and Zoom will reduce the mileage.

I simply heard what he said but did not totally agree. My understanding was that Zip mode might be ideal in high traffic. One would lose some power although. I have been driving in Zap mode for the past 1.5 months (that's when I got my car)

Has anyone driven considerably in Zip mode? Would want to know if the statement of the demo guy hold any weight or not about Zip mode being costly.
Old 26th June 2023, 14:29   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Has anyone driven considerably in Zip mode? Would want to know if the statement of the demo guy hold any weight or not about Zip mode being costly.
Few pages back on this thread, few people mentioned that zoom gives better mileage because of more power hence less gear shift.

Could not validate that but in ORR traffic, I am getting mileage of 7 KMPL with default mode from D AT.

Even with slightly less traffic, 35-40 km/h come around 2k RPM in 3rd gear, I guess, and damn thing doesn't upshift
KumarS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks