Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2023, 09:57   #2761
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
Thanks!!!
my car is April 23 Manufactured but it did not come with Android Auto. Here in the forum I see some people have got it at the time of delivery itself. Is Mahindra running 2 software versions for the same HU, should I ask the service station guys to update the system during my first service.
My car is of May 2023 batch and it came without AA and Carplay. As per one of the SA from Mahindra dealership, the software is present in the HU but not enabled from the factory due to licensing issues with Google & Apple. Until M&M resolved these licensing issues, the options (basically the tabs for AA & CP on the HU 'Home' menu ) will remain disabled. Once resolved, the Service Centers can enable them.
Old 21st June 2023, 11:06   #2762
BHPian

Hi,

Need some advice. Is ceramic coating worth it? I don't have budget for ppf as good ppf is approx. 1.5 or more. Wanted to know if I should go ahead with ceramic coating or not.

Any good recommendations for the same in Bangalore? Thanks.

Last edited by Nightmare : 21st June 2023 at 11:07. Reason: Missed text
Old 21st June 2023, 12:37   #2763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
All,

I got delivery of my Scorpio N Z8 D MT on April 23rd 2023 and my car has been in the service centre for 20 days out of my 53 days of ownership and it is still in the service centre while I type this post. So my suggestion is if you have a basic expectation that your car should work the way it is supposed to work, please avoid buying Mahindra Scorpio N.
Update on my earlier post:

There has been no progress on this issue and my car is still at the service centre. The SC seems to have changed the injectors but noise remains as is. So for the last 4-5 days I am getting an update that they are awaiting next steps from Mahindra plant engineers.

It has been 16 days & I am just fed up of this and would like to seek any help/guidance fellow Bhpians/Admins can offer to get me a resolution faster. I have already created twitter thread and it has been acknowledged by Mahindra.
Old 21st June 2023, 14:43   #2764
BHPian

The waiting time for the Mahindra Scorpio N has been drastically reduced.

Even with this reduction, the waiting period is more than a year.

Since its release about a year ago, the Mahindra Scorpio N has been a popular choice among purchasers. Mahindra has long struggled with supply chain challenges, resulting in lengthy wait times. However, the manufacturer has recently been focusing on increasing production of the Scorpio N, as well as the XUV700 and Thar, and this is already showing as waiting times for the Scorpio N are steadily decreasing. Though the waiting period has been significantly decreased, it can still last up to a year, depending on the version.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230621-14_36_10mahindra-scorpio-n-price-waiting-period-production-powertrain-rivals-_-autoc.jpg

Quote:
Mahindra Scorpio N waiting period details

There are five trims available on the Scorpio N – Z2, Z4, Z6, Z8 and Z8L. While in May, it was the Z4 trim that had the most waiting period, it is now the Z8 trim which commands the maximum waiting period – up to 13 months. However, the Z4 trim, with a waiting period of about 12 months, is not far behind the Z8.

Quote:
The top-spec Z8L trim now has the least waiting period, with the petrol automatic versions having a waiting period of around three months and the diesel automatic with around eight months. The Z8L petrol manual has a waiting period of up to eight months, and its corresponding diesel manual versions have a waiting of nearly a year. Just last month, this top-spec trim had a waiting period of up to 9 months.
Quote:
Back in November, the waiting period for the Scorpio N extended up to more than two years. Customers purchasing the Z2, Z4, Z6 and Z8 trims had to wait somewhere between 22 and 25 months, depending on the variant and location. The Scorpio N Z8L, at the time, saw the waiting period drop from 17 months to just four months.
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230621-14_36_01mahindra-scorpio-n-price-waiting-period-production-powertrain-rivals-_-autoc.jpg

Source
Old 21st June 2023, 21:56   #2765

She looks gorgeous after a visit to the car detailing center. Whole body PPF was done with ceramic coating on non-metal parts and the roof. Graphene coating was done on alloy wheels and glasses.

Total Dent: 98k

PPF: GHT - 10 YEARS WARRANTY - 230 microns - self-healing - hydrophobic.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230621-7.06.24-pm-2.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230621-7.06.24-pm-3.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230621-7.06.24-pm-4.jpeg
somitsme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 08:10   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitsme View Post
She looks gorgeous after a visit to the car detailing center. Whole body PPF was done with ceramic coating on non-metal parts and the roof. Graphene coating was done on alloy wheels and glasses.

Total Dent: 98k

PPF: GHT - 10 YEARS WARRANTY - 230 microns - self-healing - hydrophobic.
Hi,

Can you share from where you got it done? Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2023, 10:02   #2767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Hi,

Can you share from where you got it done? Thanks.
It was done at Turbo Car Care HSR.
somitsme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 14:32   #2768

After a lot of back and forth in the decision making process, finally took delivery of a Scorpio N Z8 MT 7-seater in Deep forest colour on Sunday. Had been out of town post taking delivery, so the vehicle is still below 200km. The vehicle had 75 km on the odo at the time of delivery.
Old 22nd June 2023, 18:20   #2769
BHPian

Scorpio N owners, need an info. If we do WB, WA and wheel rotation in a tyre shop, how to make the inbuilt TPMS system learn the new tyre positions?
Old 22nd June 2023, 23:12   #2770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Niggles update:
3. The loud rattle sound that comes from the right when the car goes over tall rumbler strips at speed still persists.
4. The above might be related to the steering judder that I am experiencing, like some other owners. The dealership is refusing to acknowledge any issue so far, for the former because they cannot replicate it (despite my playing the recorded sound back to them) and the latter they claim is normal.
4. Some squeaks and rattles occasionally, but the continuous ones are gone after suspension re-torquing.
Now if only M&M would acknowledge and fix the steering judder issue, and release a working CarPlay sometime in the near future.
Thank you for your posts, especially related to the steering judder and the rattling sound clip.
It's been a while now - have these issues been fixed? Loud rattle in the sound clip in one of your earlier posts was quite irksome.
I am hoping against hope that you have not been forced to make your peace with it.
Old 23rd June 2023, 10:14   #2771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Scorpio N owners, need an info. If we do WB, WA and wheel rotation in a tyre shop, how to make the inbuilt TPMS system learn the new tyre positions?
The info you are looking for can be found in the following 2 sections of the Scorpio-N owner's manual:

a) 9.2.5 Functionalities of Tiretronics System --> Tyre Auto Learn

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-tpms1.jpg

b) 9.2.6 Tiretronics Manual Learning

Section is too long for a single screenshot

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 23rd June 2023 at 10:24.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 01:29   #2772

Hey, fellow BHPians!

Just wanted to check in with you all about something related to the ScorpioN. I've been keeping a close eye on the threads, and I've come across an issue that I haven't heard any other Scorpio N owners talk about. Here's the deal: when the car is in neutral and I rev the engine, the whole car seems to sway from left to right and right to left. It's kinda weird.

I reached out to the service center (SC) about this problem, and they tested it on a brand-new ScorpioN that was about to be delivered, as well as some others. Surprisingly, those cars didn't shake as much as mine. The SC acknowledged the issue but didn't seem too concerned. They told me to bring it up again during the second scheduled service at 10,000 km. Right now, my odometer reads around 6,100 km.

So, here's where I need your help. Does anyone have any idea why this issue might be happening? And do you think I should also take it lightly like the SC, or should I push them to take action?

Thanks in advance, guys!
Old 24th June 2023, 01:45   #2773
BHPian

Sold the Z6 D AT and bought a Z8 D 4X4 AT instead, today. Harbir Motors, Chandigarh. Paid 23.4L net all inclusive. (22 +.95 RTO +.39 insurance zero dep. +.05 lacs for accessories.)

If anyone wants to swap their 17 inch alloy wheels and tyres with my 18 inchers, please PM me.

My location is as in my profile (Chandigarh / Delhi.)
Key gripes:
1. Steering wobble persists.
2. Alignment was off. Was rectified.
3. Where is my android auto?
4. Camera quality is worse than that of my Thar which is beat by a 10 year old autocop park pro unit.
5. I miss my Zip drive mode! Esp to break in a new engine.
6. RTO tax was as per the new rates as opposed to when the Z6 was bought two months back. Strange, the price hasn't changed. Perhaps the RTO is behind the curve.
7. The Z6 headlights with good H7 LEDs really outperform the Z8's trash LEDs.

Key improvements:
1. Steering wobble has reduced.
2. Less engine noise in the cabin. Unsure so as to how this happened.
3. Got a better zero dep insurance policy for a 22L car instead of a 17L car. Cost me 39k this time around against 45k the last time (2 months back.)
4. Got an identical number plate to that of the Thar.
5. Pigged out at Amrik Suhkdev's en route. What a treat!
6. Green color should be much easier to maintain compared to black. Lesson learned with the thar and Z6.
7. Request sensors are fun! As is the dual AC. No more quarrels with the wife over the AC settings.

P. S. The car is mucky in the pic since we had to meet a mahurat deadline as per the wife's all seeing android app of 2 PM. The car was rushed by a great team at Harbir for this, and then taken to the service center for alignment, wheel balancing and a nice rub down.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230623_074918.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20230623wa0010.jpg  

Last edited by wooka : 24th June 2023 at 01:51.
wooka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 02:06   #2774
BHPian

So almost after 11 months since add to cart happened, finally got the delivery of my Z8 P MT last week.
Driven around 400kms until now, most of which is city running.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-pxl_20230619_124929847.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-pxl_20230619_124948283.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-pxl_20230622_094617041.jpg

It has been a long and frustrating wait during which we sold off our trusted and reliable 13yr old Innova got a new Ignis all while waiting for the Scorpio to be delivered.

The delivery process started with a few hiccups with the dealership not being responsive initially however things were smooth later and the vehicle delivered at the promised day on time despite rains playing a bit of spoilsport.
No accessories pushed by the dealership, insurance quote matched.

First Impressions :

For a shade under 20lac on road (introductory price) its a worthy product, has all the bells and whistles i would ever need except ventilated seats.
In my case it was purely a heart over head decision, until now looks like a good enough decision.

Based on the 400kms (70%city, 30% highway) driven until now here my observations.

Positives :

+ Looks quite smart, should age well, this Scorpio is at home in City as well as villages unlike the Scorpio Classic which has a less urban image.
+ Commanding driving position.
+ Good build quality and fit/finish levels.
+ Flattens potholes like they don't exist.
+ Overall ride quality and handling is decent enough for a vehicle its size and weight.
+ Supremely refined engine, my ignis sounds crude to me now.
+ Good drivability, however i feel 1st gear is a bit to short and 3rd gear a bit too long the 2nd gear is what you might use most in B2B traffic, comparing with my ignis where the 3rd gear can be used from 15kmph-70kmph.
+ No major bugs/noise observed untill now, looks like the product is more or less sorted now, fingers crossed.
+ Good brakes, noticed they are not as over sharp as the ones from test drive vehicle from last year. Don't know if Mahindra had recalibrated them for a more friendly feel.
+ A.C is a chiller.
+ Music system sounds good, majority people will not need a upgrade.
+ Touch screen response is good, no lags observed until now ( no Android auto for now).
+ Seat adjustment is good enough to find a comfortable driving position easily.
+ Clutch pedal movement is quite smooth.
+ Smooth steering for city use, haven't done a proper highway run so cant comment on highspeed behavior but from a short run felt it weighs up well.
+ Gearshifts are smooth.
+ Throttle very well calibrated, no turbo lag noticed.
+ Decent space in 2nd row, wide enough to comfortably seat 3 average individuals.

Negatives :

- Headlights, particularly low beam is poor, high beam is decent but not something i like to use in general, so kind of in a tight spot when driving in night, forced to use high beam to compensate for the completely washed out low beam.
- Space utilization is not the best. whether the 3rd row seats or luggage space or internal space in door pads or glovebox.
- Fuel efficiency, didn't i tell you its a petrol, every alternate day you will have thoughts about looting a bank. Have seen MID figures from 5.5kmpl(B2B) to 12kmpl free moving traffic on a short highway run.
- Passenger side window can still be operated in spite of window control button pressed on by driver, only the 2 rear window functioning is disabled , in most cars i now only driver side window remains activated and all other windows deactivated. Don't know if its a bug or this is how its designed by Mahindra.

: Bonus Alloy wheel story :

There was some confusion with the dealership on availability of the 17inch alloy wheels, on top of that the did not have the facility to do the change anywhere near to the showroom where my vehicle was called for PDI, for alloy fitment the vehicle would have to be taken to their workshop some 50kms away from the showroom which would mean 100kms added to the vehicle before delivery.
So dropped the plan for getting the alloys installed right off the showroom and thought about getting it installed from the service center in next few days or else during the 1st service.
However kept exploring other available options in the market, realized Scorpion N is an odd man out with very limited options available.
Finalized on a design from NEO wheels and got it from their authorized Mumbai dealer directly.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-wheel.jpg

This is where the adventure starts, apparently for Scorpion N (maybe XUV700 also) variants with TPMS, Mahindra has started using a different type of Valve which very few people are aware of and availability is also an issue.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20230618wa0018.jpg

Most other valves have a screw connecting the TPMS to the valve in an axial manner (green arrow) however in the Scorpio N the TPMS is screwed perpendicular (red arrow) to the valve. The screw used to fit it is also an odd size and requires a fine key generally used to open mobile phones and electronic devices.
So the challenge was to get the new design valve and along with it the key to help open the screw, fortunately was able to find one shop who had done this before and knew what to do.
Overall took 2 days and visits to multiple tyre shops to get the alloys installed.

Apart from Alloys only other accessory installed are 3D floor mats and Door visors.

Planned accessories :
: Mud flaps.
: Bumper corner protectors (official Mahindra)
: Dash cam (front/rear), suggestions welcome.
: PPF/Ceramic coating (not sure, just thinking)

Planning for some highway rides in the coming days till then Big Daddy will share a tight parking space with little Ignis.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-pxl_20230616_132216339.jpg
Gaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 13:45   #2775
BHPian

Anyone noticed similar mis-alignment on the rear door plastic trim? The rear hasn't been used to ferry passengers yet, so it's something I missed during PDI. Seems minor, but can't unsee now that I noticed it. Definitely looks worse on the driver's side. Trying to push it into place was no use as the shape of the moulded plastic doesn't match the curve of the door bead. Will bring it up with the SA and see what they have to say about it.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230624_120414.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230624_120407.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230624_120343.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230624_120349.jpg
ask99 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks