Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2023, 12:31   #2746

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh001 View Post
Does any one know the reason for below issue?
Thank you for sharing this issue. I too came across the same issue yesterday. Observation is car locks itself if the ignition is on and it stays unlocked when the ignition is off. This is irrespective of key placement.

One more observation is the trunk request sensor only unlocks the car and doesn't lock even if you have the key in your pocket.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th June 2023 at 06:24. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 18th June 2023, 13:50   #2747
BHPian

I was not a fan of the new key fob that came with the Scorpio-N. It just seemed like a step back from the more streamlined and aesthetic style of the keyfob provided with the XUV500 since 2015. Sharing the garage with a Baleno that comes with an even smaller and more pocketable key highlights this even further. With passive keyless entry meaning the keys are perpetually in our pockets, I wanted to streamline the keyfob into something less bulky.

A few searches on the internet brought up previous efforts towards the same goal with multiple DIY guides using some complex methods. Not wanting to complicate matters with things like 3D printing, I went for a rather simple and maybe "jugaadu" process. Simply purchased a leather keyfob cover designed for Mahindra keys and transplanted the remote PCB into it. I had to unstitch the cover and remove the vertical separator between the two faces, and then restritch the two faces together. Used some double sided tape to keep things aligned and luckily the open side of the cover already had sticky pads meant for it to hold the key in place, which I used to stick together and keep the PCB secure. I did have to solder at one place to fix the battery positive terminal to the PCB, which is otherwise held in place by a slot in the keyfob shell.

Some pictures of the finsihed keyfob. Much slimmer, and I could have tried to cut the leather cover to a smaller size but decided against complicating matters as it does the job of reducing the profile of the keyfob and preventing bulging pockets.Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230618_133442.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230618_133400.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230618_133239.jpg
ask99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 14:28   #2748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
1. I was promised the vehicle will be picked from my place (service centre is close to my house) but no one came on May 11th. I didn't mind, I went to service centre myself on may 12th. On first test drive the service manager told it is standard operating noise in diesel cars. On explaining I have driven more than 2.5 Lac kms in my Vento TDI and Indica Vista Quadrajet combined, I was told this noise is present in all Scorpio Ns.

5. The service manager told me that different teams were working and test driving my car for the last couple of days. I came home, opened the Adrenox App and found that my car was not even started in the last 2 days. I just got fed up of this unethical behaviour, escalated to Mahindra including the above details and screenshots from Adrenox. I gave them one more day as they requested and again no results, so took the car back on May 18th & went back to hometown.
Was this Anant Cars BG road by any chance? I had the exact same experience points 1-5 "to the T" for an issue with my XUV700?

Stay at it with patience till it is resolved to your satisfaction, move your service center if needed and I have found the M&M folks are usually responsive and good at it once it gets their attention. Wish you a quick resolution to your issue.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th June 2023 at 06:24. Reason: Quote trimmed, please don't quote large post entirely.
Old 18th June 2023, 19:50   #2749
BHPian

I got my Scorpio N Z8L D AT delivered last week, have driven close to 400 kms since and already seeing the following issues / errors on the screen:

1. Hill Descent control error
2. Check ABS system
3. While changing the drive mode a message is displayed - Drive mode inhibited

Anyone on this forum who can throw some light on these?

regards,
Old 18th June 2023, 21:21   #2750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
There is a noise coming into the cabin which starts when the car crosses around 1.5k RPM and it continues beyond that point. So if you are driving on a highway with the music system off, every time you press the accelerator pedal you will hear the "grrr" noise which is very annoying. In the city you hear it every time you revv the engine to shift gears. It's not loud but it is very prominent for anyone who has basic knowledge of cars and loves driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
I too noticed the low "grrr" whenever I accelerated rapidly. That sound has reduced (or my ears have adapted) but the steering judder is becoming more pronounced.
Is this sound coming from around the left side behind the dashboard? And is it more of a faint “Krr Krr” on accelerating? I have the same issue in my N and I found out what is the cause.

Slightly shake the thing highlighted in the below picture in a quiet environment and check if it makes the krr krr sound. Also, make someone sit inside the car and then repeat the above step and ask them if the nature of the sound is same.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7294.jpeg
RevvMusic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 05:28   #2751

Android Auto is not enabled on my Z8 D AT yet. Is anyone facing the same issue?
Upon checking with SA, they said Android Auto is awaited in the next release, and no release date confirmed.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th June 2023 at 06:23. Reason: Uppercase/Lowercase fixed.
Old 19th June 2023, 10:10   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post
Android Auto is not enabled on my Z8 D AT yet. Is anyone facing the same issue?
Upon checking with SA, they said Android Auto is awaited in the next release, and no release date confirmed.
As per updates from members who took delivery recently, only Z8L is having AA at delivery and all other variants are still waiting for the same. Its weird and suggest you keep pushing the SA.
Old 19th June 2023, 13:08   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Plesse share which ASC you are consulting now. I hope you get a satisfactory resolution of this problem.
Thank you! My car is currently at PPS Motors Thanisandra. I will keep this thread posted on the final resolution I get, so that other members can have this as a reference. At present, the issue is escalated to the Mahindra Plant Engineers & the service centre is awaiting further instructions from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
The loud metallic rattle from the driver side AC vent whenever I go over tall rumble strips at speed also persists. Check out the attached zip file if interested.

To all the new ScorpioN owners, welcome to the Mahindra SUV Beta-test group.
The noise in your car seems to be different from what I have in my car. In my car it is a continuous vibration noise whereas yours sound like a noise due to some part moving or hitting some other part. I also have the steering vibration issue in my car. There is no proven solution for this issue as of now. This issue is not resolved in many cars even after replacing the steering rack. So I think I will wait until they have a proven solution. It's another pain though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Was this Anant Cars BG road by any chance? I had the exact same experience points 1-5 "to the T" for an issue with my XUV700?

Stay at it with patience till it is resolved to your satisfaction, move your service center if needed and I have found the M&M folks are usually responsive and good at it once it gets their attention. Wish you a quick resolution to your issue.
No, this was Sireesh Motors, Jakkur. They just think customer can be fooled with any nonsense. I was even told to use the car for few thousand kms and see if the noise goes on its own. For God's sake it is a new brand new 23 Lacs car, not 30 year old moped. There is zero value for customer's time & zero professionalism. I don't have a lot of patience left but there is no option but to wait until the issue is resolved. The price we pay for trusting an Indian brand for our hard earned money!. One thing is clear I am not going to settle for any kind of justification unless the issue if fixed. Currently the PPS Motors is working on it and they are completely convinced that there is noise in my car. So at least that part is sorted. My experience in this service centre has been much better till now. So hoping for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post

Slightly shake the thing highlighted in the below picture in a quiet environment and check if it makes the krr krr sound. Also, make someone sit inside the car and then repeat the above step and ask them if the nature of the sound is same.

Attachment 2465565
Thanks for your inputs. In my car, the noise is heard clearly under the speedometer. The service centre has completely scanned the car for all lose parts, so they would have found this if this was the issue. However I will pass on this info to them so that they double check again.

Last edited by DheerajNK : 19th June 2023 at 13:14.
DheerajNK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 17:43   #2754
BHPian

Last week Sunday I took the delivery of my Scorpion N Z8 Diesel Auto 4x4.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-our_scorpion.jpeg

Have driven the car for around 550 KMs and it’s been different. I am coming from a S-Cross and even though it is a crossover the handling was planted and car like but in the Scorpio, it will take some time to get used to the driving dynamics. Enjoying the commanding position though.

One query, how have you all solved the problem of the frame getting dirty while getting on and off. I am talking about the body-colored region between the scuff plates and the side footstep. Kids are stepping on it consistently. . Anyway to protect the same.
.sourov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 19:36   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post

After 3 days we took delivery on 22nd. All went smooth. We didn't drive the car much for a week as it was a busy week at work. Over the next weekend we travelled to Mysore. Drive was completely effortless, I could just keep driving on the expressway without any fatigue. Got an FE of around 11kmpl.

Then we had to cut short our 4 day Mysore trip to 2 days and leave for Salem due to an unfortunate news. Drive to Salem was through MM hills and 50% of the route was 2 lane state highway, 30% was forest and mountain path, 20% was 4 lane highway. I completed this 230km journey in 5 hours with 1 bio brake and no sighs of fatigue. I was damn impressed with the comfort, driving posture and sheer power on offer. Not a single time I had a need to switch to manual mode, not even while taking hairpin bends. Vehicle performed very well.

Yesterday I took my car to Sireesh
I thought the work would be done in couple of hours but to my surprise they completed inspection and wash after 4 hours and they broke for lunch. I had back to back calls till 5PM and I got busy. When I went to the car at 5PM they had not done the software update, under body coating was told to be done but it was not done. If I had not checked both before leaving, I would have repented. Service advisor was pathetic in following up his tasks, I litrelly did his job form 5pm till 7PM. But the software update was a fail. I left my car there and came home as they requested for another day to fix the software.
Thanks for the update. The car is great for long drives - fatigue reduced by several notches for me as well compared to my previous vehicle.

Unfortunately the service levels of Mahindra dealers are consistently pathetic.
I have been chasing them for months to get the flatbed upgrade with tool storage ordered, with nary a response.
And this is after I got escalated the issue through a senior level contact in Mahindra.
Can’t even imagine how they treat their other customers.
Old 19th June 2023, 19:46   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
As per updates from members who took delivery recently, only Z8L is having AA at delivery and all other variants are still waiting for the same. Its weird and suggest you keep pushing the SA.
Have got my 1st service done last week and the service center has no clue on AA update.

They said you will get a message when it will be available. Such a satisfying response
Old 19th June 2023, 20:28   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
Last week Sunday I took the delivery of my Scorpion N Z8 Diesel Auto 4x4...
Congrats!!! Wish you many miles of happy motoring.

After dropping the Jimny booking, the current focus is the Scorpio Z8 / Z8L 4x4 D AT. Trying to understand if L is worth it.

Hoping to get a TD tomorrow, from India Garage team; last week was wasted in trying to get Anant Cars to give me a TD of the D AT, but after failing to turn up on the promised day and time, they were gracious to offer TD of petrol, as that is all they have. Not sure how that works.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 09:06   #2758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway to protect the same.
Firstly Congratulations !!.

For the part you mentioned getting scratched, you can apply 3M Paint Protection Film.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 16:43   #2759
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2465976

Have driven the car for around 550 KMs and it’s been different. I am coming from a S-Cross and even though it is a crossover the handling was planted and car like but in the Scorpio, it will take some time to get used to the driving dynamics. Enjoying the commanding position though.

One query, how have you all solved the problem of the frame getting dirty while getting on and off. I am talking about the body-colored region between the scuff plates and the side footstep. Kids are stepping on it consistently. . Anyway to protect the same.
Congratulations!
I too have upgraded from Scross to Scorpio N. Trying to get used to the driving manners of Scorpio N. What are the accessories you have fitted?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 21:45   #2760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats!!! Wish you many miles of happy motoring.

After dropping the Jimny booking, the current focus is the Scorpio Z8 / Z8L 4x4 D AT. Trying to understand if L is worth it.
Thanks!!!
For me the options were Z8L or Z8 4x4 as I already overshot my budget. 4x4 excited me more than the features of Z8L hence I went with the same. But after driving the car for more than 600Kms I really don't miss the extra features offered in Z8L. In our ears even the Z8's music system sounded nice as it got approval from the entire family.

I booked via Sireesh Auto, and they had test drive vehicles in all combinations. I test drove Petrol AT, Diesel AT, Diesel AT 4x4 before deciding on the variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Firstly Congratulations !!.

For the part you mentioned getting scratched, you can apply 3M Paint Protection Film.
Thank you.
Yes I am also thinking the same. Need to check my trusted detailing shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Congratulations!
I too have upgraded from Scross to Scorpio N. Trying to get used to the driving manners of Scorpio N. What are the accessories you have fitted?
Thanks!!!
I think our journey is the same.
Ritz -> S-Cross -> Scorpio N.
I am also trying to manage with the size in this crazy Bangalore traffic. Today only was my first proper exposure, Marathahalli to Sarjapur Road, 1hr 15 mins.

I have fitted the below accessories:
1. Door Visor.
2. Front Parking Sensor.
3. SS scuff plate.
4. Pedal Cover.
5. Bumper Corner Protection.
6. ORVM Applique (did not fix till now)
7. Auto tech floor mats (forgot how many D it was).

One question to all, my car is April 23 Manufactured but it did not come with Android Auto. Here in the forum I see some people have got it at the time of delivery itself. Is Mahindra running 2 software versions for the same HU, should I ask the service station guys to update the system during my first service.

Last edited by .sourov : 20th June 2023 at 21:51. Reason: missed info
.sourov is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks