Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:25   #2671
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Seriously, how are people even complaining about the headlights? These are the best pair of eyes I've ever had on a car!
Position 1 on the leveler works for up to 2 passengers + driver and then you need position 2. Unlike Halogen units, the intensity can otherwise dazzle low slung vehicles.

Its good enough to throw the LED Vs Halogen headlight discussion straight out of the window. Even in the pouring rain it works beautifully, even the 7OO has very good headlights.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:09   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Position 1 on the leveler works for up to 2 passengers + driver and then you need position 2. Unlike Halogen units, the intensity can otherwise dazzle low slung vehicles.

Its good enough to throw the LED Vs Halogen headlight discussion straight out of the window. Even in the pouring rain it works beautifully, even the 7OO has very good headlights.
I am still trying to reach the 1000KM mark with my car. I take it out in the night mostly as that is the only time I find a little less traffic in Bangalore.

I have observed that light is not up to the mark and on many occasions I was forced to switch to high beam, which is something I hate doing in the city, for better visibility.

So I am not fully satisfied with the lights. May be I am doing something wrong.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:45   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Can you please share the link to the OBD scanner tool and the torque pro app. I feel it is an essential item for a Scorpio-N owner to have all the time in the car.
I didn't remember the brand but they all are same Chinese stuff , go with the cheapest one,here is the link:-
AUTOPOWERZ Mini ELM327 Bluetooth V2.1 ELM 327 Car Code Reader OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool for ch Protocol for Android/Windows OBD Reader (Blue) https://amzn.eu/d/8w09OPd
Just search for 'torque' in play-store you will easily land on to the app,hope this helps.
nitin_knw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:53   #2674
BHPian

For Z8/Z8L AT, the wheel size is 255/60 R18 with Alloys as per the dealership. What is the spare wheel size for Z8/Z8L AT?
Old 2nd June 2023, 18:31   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
For Z8/Z8L AT, the wheel size is 255/60 R18 with Alloys as per the dealership. What is the spare wheel size for Z8/Z8L AT?
It's full size 255/60/R18 tyre on steel rim which is 7J in width instead of 7.5J alloys. Also, the spare tyre has stipulated speed limit of 80kmph.
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:00   #2676

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
4x4 owners: are you facing issues engaging/ disengaging 4H/4L or moving 4H to 4L or vice versa?
One of the sales advisor mentioned that to me and suggested I go for RWD AT if I don’t intend to use 4x4 very often.
Today I went for PDI of my 4x4 and faced this challenge. Then SA suggested to turn off and on the car and try again. It worked but then it brings the question- will it work when we need it?
Hi there

No issues until now (5k kms) in the past 3 months I have used the 4x4 on several occasions in my Z8L 4x4 AT

Cheers
TheMaturedKid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 12:07   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Small update:

The issue with Android Auto got resolved. It was the cable!
Hmm...my service personnel mentioned that Android Auto was not yet released for the vehicle. How to get the android auto-installed?

Basic Query [Mods, please push it to other thread if this not appropriate]

Right Leg Posture

As I drive the AT, most of the work is done by the right leg and I feel my posture is wrong as I experienced discomfort around the knee after a longish drive (~2.5 hours). To be specific, the muscles around the knee seem stiff after the drive.

So generally I lean my knee onto the door and point the toe to the left front tyre, and then swap between Brake and Accelerator. This has been my default position for my earlier hatchbacks, and it was fine. I am not even sure this is cause for my knee discomfort but thought I will share in the group if anyone else has observed this.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th June 2023 at 22:23. Reason: back to Back post merged.
Old 3rd June 2023, 13:49   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Hmm...my service personnel mentioned that Android Auto was not yet released for the vehicle. How to get the android auto installed?
Carplay is actually yet to be released. My car came with AA from the factory itself.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 17:11   #2679
BHPian

Short Review on performance at high altitudes (>4500 meters)
Recently, I did Shimla—> Kaza—> Manali circuit. The vehicle performance was outstanding, never felt any loss of power at higher altitudes. I was sceptical of DEF related issues which may arise but the car did the whole circuit without any issues. Road from Losar to Gramphu via Kunjum has opened on the same day and the road was not fully prepared for regular traffic, there was slush, snow and rocks falling on the road, however the car felt like tank on all those roads! Had to switch to the snow/mud mode many times and the traction control did it’s work brilliantly.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-c9ff237ef2454b97a34c7cebf67ecac6.jpeg  

Rahkehs is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 08:35   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Recorded my first two POVs with the Scorpio. Headlights are fantastic and a very smooth experience overall:

I guess I made the right choice
vredesbyrd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 10:03   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Hmm...my service personnel mentioned that Android Auto was not yet released for the vehicle. How to get the android auto installed?
What variant is yours? From recent posts on the forum, it is clear that only Z8Ls are delivered with AA and they are still waiting for Car Play. I believe all these customers are getting an additional year (default is 1 year) of Adrenox subscription as complimentary.

All those with Z8L are waiting for Car Play.
Old 4th June 2023, 12:11   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
101km - 24 hour Micro Review

I will try my best to keep this "Micro" as I will make a proper review once I've hit 500 or 1000km.
Hi, vredesbyrd. Congratulations on your Mean Green Machine!!!
I have a couple of small requests to you for when you pen down your proper review.
  • Can you include a bit about how it is to drive especially in crowded (not exactly narrow) roads of Lucknow for example the entire stretch from Polytechnic to that Jeep showroom or the stretch from Polytechnic-Badshahnagar-Hazratganj-Burlington-Chargbagh.
  • Also please include how is it to drive while sitting at a vantage point (like Scorpio N's seat) through narrow roads if you happen to visit something like (Hewett Road, Aminabad).
Yesterday I took a long test drive of Tata Harrier Red Dark Edition and I found the blindspot alert and 36-degree camera very useful in Lucknow's traffic. What's your take on that? And if you have test-driven the XUV 700 with the ADAS feature please share that too.

I am also looking to get an SUV and Tata Harrier, Mahindra Scorpio N, and the XUV 700 are on the shortlist.

Thanks in advance!!
AROO7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 12:33   #2683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROO7 View Post
Hi, vredesbyrd. Congratulations on your Mean Green Machine!!!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
  • Can you include a bit about how it is to drive especially in crowded (not exactly narrow) roads of Lucknow for example the entire stretch from Polytechnic to that Jeep showroom or the stretch from Polytechnic-Badshahnagar-Hazratganj-Burlington-Chargbagh.
If it is crowded but not narrow, then the problem resolves itself. People do give way and usually avoid intercepting and cutting you off. But then again, there's no cure for some bikers.
Charbagh was smooth, though you need patience. A lot of it.

Quote:
  • Also please include how is it to drive while sitting at a vantage point (like Scorpio N's seat) through narrow roads if you happen to visit something like (Hewett Road, Aminabad).
The tall seating position, great glass area and front and rear cameras do make things easy. Haven't driven to Aminabad yet and would rather take a cab. I took my Superb through Aminabad back in 2020 and it was an intense experience.
Managed to get away mostly unscathed, except for a 2 cm long scratch on the bumper because of a carless biker. Not doing that again.

Quote:
Yesterday I took a long test drive of Tata Harrier Red Dark Edition and I found the blindspot alert and 360-degree camera very useful in Lucknow's traffic. What's your take on that? And if you have test-driven the XUV 700 with the ADAS feature please share that too.

I am also looking to get an SUV and Tata Harrier, Mahindra Scorpio N, and the XUV 700 are on the shortlist.

Thanks in advance!!
Yes, a 360 camera will always be a superior alternative to just window visibility. I wish we had a setup in the Scorpio.
I got the Scorpio for a few key points that I put on priority:
  • Body on Frame RWD by default
  • Proper 4WD with locking diffs
  • Abuse-friendly construction
  • Road presence that causes fewer people to mess with you

So going by my list, XUV700 will not fit but it is a fantastic car nevertheless. It has got 360 camera setup too.
I would rather avoid commenting on Tata Harrier/Safari. Was never even close to my consideration and I don't want owners to chase me with pitchforks on the forum like the last time, so I'll keep my comments to myself
Test drive XUV700 and Scorpio-N back-to-back. Pick what makes you more comfortable. The Kanpur Road showroom has an D MT Z8L 4WD while the Hazratganj one has a G AT Z8L RWD.
I can even share the contact of a lousy Mahindra SA (from Narain Mahindra). He's helpful but slow and lousy. Test drives won't be an issue at all though.

You can also look at used Crysta 2.8s and Fortuners if used cars are up your alley.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 13:02   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much!

So going by my list, XUV700 will not fit but it is a fantastic car nevertheless. It has got 360 camera setup too.

I would rather avoid commenting on Tata Harrier/Safari. Was never even close to my consideration and I don't want owners to chase me with pitchforks on the forum like the last time, so I'll keep my comments to myself

Test drive XUV700 and Scorpio-N back-to-back. Pick what makes you more comfortable. The Kanpur Road showroom has an D MT Z8L 4WD while the Hazratganj one has a G AT Z8L RWD.

I can even share the contact of a lousy Mahindra SA (from Narain Mahindra). He's helpful but slow and lousy. Test drives won't be an issue at all though.
Thanks a ton man for the quick response, going by your experience I believe there won't be much issue. Although driving in Lucknow these days require Zen-like calm and eagle-like concentration. The primary reason we take the metro or a cab to go to crowded places (even when we have a beater Hyundai i10 for all this).

That said, the updated Harrier even with 18-inch wheels (I am looking at the non- Dark and Red Dark variant which comes with 17-inch wheels) was comfortable on pothole-ridden and broken roads. Though the SUVs power delivery is very smooth and linear after the BS 6.2 update. Which was like meh for me. But I think Mahindra's MHawk will impress in this department.

Coming to our requirement my Dad always had a liking for SUVs he ditched his official Ambassador for a Gypsy which later on got replaced with a Bolero. The SUV will be for my Dad and me (when I am on vacation from college), so comfort and capability to munch long distances are non-negotiable. This I believe fundamentally will be in XUV 700. So before the test drive, XUV 700 >>> Scorpio N it is as of now.

I will be going down today or tomorrow for a test drive but can't go to either Kanpur Road (is far) or Hazratganj (due to road construction parking constraints). But if I don't get a good response from either the one near the Summit building or the one near Ring Road will surely come back to you for that SA's detail.
AROO7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 13:02   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
What variant is yours? .
Z8 AT 4WD - Dispatched from factory on 31/03/23

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks