Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2023, 20:53   #2596
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Congratulations, did you booked it in Aug?
I am hoping the question was for me. I booked it when the bookings started. It was an online booking with an introductory price.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 21:55   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Somehow I am not comfortable doing this by myself. I have placed an order for an extension cable from the Maruti accessories site.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999l1-550

Will provide feedback once I receive it.
Any half-decent mechanic/electrician will do it for you. If you fancy, you can have a relay turn it on only on ignition
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 12:07   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
I have a couple of doubts and require your help:
• My car came equipped with Apollo Apterra HT2 tires. How good are these tires, and should I consider switching to AT tires? My usage primarily involves 95% city and highway driving, with occasional off-pavement activities (got a 4x4 to venture into the genre).
• I'm curious about the fit and quality of the official Mahindra accessory 7D mats. Are they worth considering, or do you have any other suggestions?
• Anyone opted for the front parking sensor. How beneficial is this? Since the car will also be used by my wife she insisted we get it.
1. My stock tires are MRF and I am fine with them.
2. I picked up Mahindra 3D mats - useless. I looked up GFX mats as suggested by another BHPian. They look good, but yet to try them.
3. I would recommend investing in the sensors.

Last edited by krinpit : 22nd May 2023 at 12:08. Reason: Completed sentence
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:43   #2599

Completed the PDI of our Scorpio N Z8L Diesel Auto 4x4 using the team-bhp PDI checklist. The car is April manufactured and the tires are from the month of Feb. The ODO had a reading of 34 Kms.

Insurance:
----------
Got a good quote from HDFC Ergo and the dealership promptly matched it. Add-ons like Zero DEP, RTI, ENGINE PROTECTION, RSA, CONSUMABLES, KEY REPLACEMENT were included in it.

Accessories:
------------
1. Sunshades
2. Mudflap
3. Illuminated Scuff Plates
4. Screen Guard

We didn't like Mahindra 7D mats and ordered Pharaoh 3D mats from Amazon. The car is equipped with Apollo Apterra M+S tires. Expecting delivery sometime this week.
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:52   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitsme View Post

We didn't like Mahindra 7D mats and ordered Pharaoh 3D mats from Amazon. The car is equipped with Apollo Apterra M+S tires. Expecting delivery sometime this week.
I don't see the option for Scorpio N for Pharaoh on the website. Can you share the link?

How much did it cost?
Old 22nd May 2023, 16:19   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
Insurance:
----------
Got a good quote from HDFC Ergo and the dealership promptly matched it. Add-ons like Zero DEP, RTI, ENGINE PROTECTION, RSA, CONSUMABLES, KEY REPLACEMENT were included in it.
Do a double check on RSA? RSA could be included as part of the vehicle by Mahindra. When i logged into withyouhamesha app, it showed an active subscription.

Reconfirm with the dealer and then decide to go for the add-on as part of the insurance.
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:56   #2602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I don't see the option for Scorpio N for Pharaoh on the website. Can you share the link?

How much did it cost?
Here is the link from Amazon. It cost around 9.5k.

https://amzn.to/3IwwEp6

Last edited by somitsme : 22nd May 2023 at 18:19. Reason: Added new line.
somitsme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:44   #2603
BHPian

Has anyone got an update about when Apple carplay will be available on the Scorpio N especially Z8L models? All queries to customer care are being automatically routed to dealer and if I understand correctly it has to be the manufacturer who has this information not the dealer.

Also, I feel this is big miss on the after sales aspect of Mahindra. If they want to direct all queries to dealers, so be it but they must also follow up and escalate if no response is received from dealer in certain time frame.
jagzrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 20:11   #2604

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
RSA could be included as part of the vehicle by Mahindra. When i logged into withyouhamesha app, it showed an active subscription.
I could see RSA as active till 2025 but when i open it it says no scheme is available. Are they allowed to roll back initial lot offers?
Old 22nd May 2023, 21:24   #2605
BHPian

For the past couple of days, I have been hearing a faint noise coming from the front passenger side. It sounds like a loose bolt or screw. I am at 8K kms now and can’t visit service centre due to work commitments unless it’s urgent.

Any pointers on what this noise could be? If critical, I will have to plan a trip to service centre.
Old 22nd May 2023, 22:12   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link from Amazon. It cost around 9.5k.

https://amzn.to/3IwwEp6
Hi, Did you order MT variant for your AT car? Amazon only has Scorpio MT mats available while Pharaoh website gives option for both Automatic and Manual. If MT, how was the fitting of those in AT? I am planning to buy these as I am happy with their performance in my other car.

Also, how much did the insurance cost and what was the IDV that you selected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
I could see RSA as active till 2025 but when i open it it says no scheme is available. Are they allowed to roll back initial lot offers?
RSA was a paid service even at the launch. In Mumbai, Mahindra dealers (incl. NBS owned by Mahindra) gave a quote of Rs. 2021 for the first year. The one bundled with the insurance would come much cheaper though.
Old 22nd May 2023, 22:28   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post

RSA was a paid service even at the launch. In Mumbai, Mahindra dealers (incl. NBS owned by Mahindra) gave a quote of Rs. 2021 for the first year. The one bundled with the insurance would come much cheaper though.
I didn’t take RSA from Mahindra for exactly the same reason (₹2020 vs 150 through insurance).
Is it confirmed that the amount they charge is for just 1 year?
Old 22nd May 2023, 23:29   #2608

Quote:
Hi, Did you order MT variant for your AT car? Amazon only has Scorpio MT mats available while Pharaoh website gives option for both Automatic and Manual. If MT, how was the fitting of those in AT? I am planning to buy these as I am happy with their performance in my other car.
Hi, Looks like AT is not available on Amazon anymore. Hence link is pointing to the MT variant only. Below was the description of the product on Amazon.

Pharaoh 3D Car Mat | Compatible for | Custom Fit,
All-Weather, Anti-Slip, Odorless, Stylish, and Eco-Friendly
Floor Protection with Dust Collection Tray - Full Set (Scorpio N
at (3 Rows)) | B0C596C792 ( 3DMAT-MAHIN-SCORPIO-N-AT
)
HSN:87089900

Quote:
Also, how much did the insurance cost and what was the IDV that you selected?
The insurance cost is 79k and IDV was exactly 95% of the ex-showroom price.
somitsme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 12:21   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
I have a couple of doubts and require your help:
• My car came equipped with Apollo Apterra HT2 tires. How good are these tires, and should I consider switching to AT tires? My usage primarily involves 95% city and highway driving, with occasional off-pavement activities (got a 4x4 to venture into the genre).
• I'm curious about the fit and quality of the official Mahindra accessory 7D mats. Are they worth considering, or do you have any other suggestions?
• Anyone opted for the front parking sensor. How beneficial is this? Since the car will also be used by my wife she insisted we get it.
  • It may be better to use the OEM tyres till they last. By that time you would be able to judge whether you really reaquire to upgrade or not based on your requirement. Moreover there will be more options available in the market in another 2/ 3 years.
  • Better to buy the mats from outside and not M&M.
  • Since the demand for front parking sensors is from your wife, it is better to have them without debating the utility. It may give her the confidence to drive such a big car in crowded situation.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 13:28   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
The insurance cost is 79k and IDV was exactly 95% of the ex-showroom price.
79K looks on the higher side to me. Try to negotiate. I got mine from Mahindra for 66K with all bells and whistles. Others have got it for less from outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Since the demand for front parking sensors is from your wife, it is better to have them without debating the utility. It may give her the confidence to drive such a big car in crowded situation.[/list]
I got front scanners as its a big car and we have a tight parking space. It does help in the new car. Later on, one will get used to to the size.

Last edited by Nightmare : 23rd May 2023 at 13:30. Reason: spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks